Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,917 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (380606 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 18, 2023
K
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2023
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2023
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 18, 2023
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 11:39pm On Sep 18, 2023
Kemluv004:

Can I please get your contact?
I need to get through to you please.
Kindly reach out to me on kemluv004@yahoo.com. thanks

Have you been DQ?
What's your PD?

As much as I understand the wait is long (trust me I personally know.) there are a few things to consider
Note that proving you are not married is more than just deleting marriage certificate. Also know that traditional marriage counts as marriage even if it doesn't have a certificate.

If you have other documents in your married name nko? Including previous passports and previous trips.

Has your 'hubby' ever applied for a visa and filled out spouse with your details and DOB.

Before you go for your interview you'll still fill DS260 form ..there you will put details of where you've lived in the past .

Immigrant interview is still an interview oh. I still had to bring out pictures with petitioner over long period of time. They asked of everyone in the picture.

If you have children with birth certificates with both parents names?

Then if you manage to scale this, when you get the visa you'll unlikely be able to remarry your husband/wife for another 2 years and more..because you'll file for him as an LPR and prove your relationship. You will now be the sponsor that has to have tax returns and income that meets the required level to file for a spouse

It's food for thought cos it can get complex.

The person that started this thread pretty16 also waited for over 10years had 3 kids with bf and told him so they did not marry. Even with that as at 1yr post arriving in the US she had not filed for father of her kids
Maybe she can share her timeline whenever she checks this thread

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Mikkyjuicy1234: 4:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
Pls I would like to join whatsapp group for F1 and likes thnx, whoever has any link should pls share with me. Would appreciate. 08103193834
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Besavednow: 3:50pm On Sep 26, 2023
Hello everyone.... is there any update on F2a (Spouse or children of a green card holder) category. I have a pending application for my wife since last year. Who knows where they are as per interview dates or approvals.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Codemine: 8:06am On Sep 27, 2023
lily156:
I saw your email and replied to you. But it bounced back.

I have reinitiated the message request on here. It shouldn’t bounce back no more. Thanks as I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Codemine: 8:08am On Sep 27, 2023
Kemluv004:

Can I please get your contact?
I need to get through to you please.
Kindly reach out to me on kemluv004@yahoo.com. thanks

I have sent an email to you.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by burgessdon(m): 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2023
Please,can anyone add me to Whatsapp group for date checking for immigrant visa 08032559319.Thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by need4speed: 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2023
Hello everyone, can entry visa be extended if one of my parents is ill? Father ir5 was approved and passport received but he got sick and has been in bed for over 2 month. Would it be possible to extend his entry visa date. How do I go about it. Mother is already here with me but my dad cannot travel in the state he is right now cos he lost his ability to walk due to been in bed for too long. Any good advise will be much appreciated.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2023
What's your priority date? Are you current? Also when you say pending application, do you mean at NVC stage or USCIC stage. It's hard to tell you anything without knowing what stage you're at.

Besavednow:
Hello everyone.... is there any update on F2a (Spouse or children of a green card holder) category. I have a pending application for my wife since last year. Who knows where they are as per interview dates or approvals.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2023
Your father has 6 months or till the expiry date of his medicals to enter the US. An immigrant visa can be re-issued but it's a long process that involves redoing the medical exam, paying the fees again and resubmitting new forms etc.
If it's looking like your dad can't travel at around 4 months after issue, I would advise that you email the Lagos consulate.

need4speed:
Hello everyone, can entry visa be extended if one of my parents is ill? Father ir5 was approved and passport received but he got sick and has been in bed for over 2 month. Would it be possible to extend his entry visa date. How do I go about it. Mother is already here with me but my dad cannot travel in the state he is right now cos he lost his ability to walk due to been in bed for too long. Any good advise will be much appreciated.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2023
You don't check for dates for immigrant visa na. Unless it's k1 fiance visa and they have their own thread on nairaland.

burgessdon:
Please,can anyone add me to Whatsapp group for date checking for immigrant visa 08032559319.Thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Besavednow: 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2023
lily156:
What's your priority date? Are you current? Also when you say pending application, do you mean at NVC stage or USCIC stage. It's hard to tell you anything without knowing what stage you're at.

2FA
12, Dec. 2022
Still at the USCIS stage.
I just want to know which date is receiving approvals and interview dates for Nigeria right now.
Thank you!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 12:52am On Oct 02, 2023
need4speed:

To the best of my knowledge no. You'd have to almost go through the process again

Sorry to intrude but does your father's current condition prevent him from flying?
Do medical personnel consider him stable to be to fly.

If he can use a wheelchair then a relative can travel with him. Or a registered nurse who knows his condition and can provide assistance during the flight and you pay their fare. The airline just needs to know you're taking someone like that. I know 2 instances and those were even visit visas as soon as father was deemed stable nurse flew with them and straight to hospital for checkup and they started the IR process from in the US.

Immigrant visa entry requirements are pretty strict.

If it's just that he can't walk on his own and everything else is fine then your mum can come back and bring him in.
Use direct flight to the US only though.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 11:10am On Oct 02, 2023
Exactly. If he can speak and do everything else except walk, then the best bet is to get him a wheelchair and have him travel with a relative. If you're a male, that would be better because your mom might not be able to do the heavy lifting. And just fly direct United to IAD or Delta to ATL.

Taal17:

To the best of my knowledge no. You'd have to almost go through the process again

Sorry to intrude but does your father's current condition prevent him from flying?
Do medical personnel consider him stable to be to fly.

If he can use a wheelchair then a relative can travel with him. Or a registered nurse who knows his condition and can provide assistance during the flight and you pay their fare. The airline just needs to know you're taking someone like that. I know 2 instances and those were even visit visas as soon as father was deemed stable nurse flew with them and straight to hospital for checkup and they started the IR process from in the US.

Immigrant visa entry requirements are pretty strict.

If it's just that he can't walk on his own and everything else is fine then your mum can come back and bring him in.
Use direct flight to the US only though.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2023
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but interview dates in Nigeria have no bearing on your case at all at this time. I'm sure you know F2A has retrogressed in recent times.
At the moment, visas are available only for those that filed before 01JAN2018 (according to the latest visa bulletin).
Which means even after leaving USCIS stage and getting DQ, you can't get a visa until that Jan 2018 becomes Dec 2022 (your priority date). That's looking like 4 years or 3 years if a miracle happens and maybe lots of F2A become citizens.
The only thing that can hasten your process is if your spouse becomes a citizen. How soon can that be?
You can also consider moving closer to your spouse eg Mexico through the Mexico economic solvency visa. At least the distance will be shorter and you'll be able to see each other more regularly.

Besavednow:

2FA
12, Dec. 2022
Still at the USCIS stage.
I just want to know which date is receiving approvals and interview dates for Nigeria right now.
Thank you!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Besavednow: 4:19pm On Oct 02, 2023
lily156:
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but interview dates in Nigeria have no bearing on your case at all at this time. I'm sure you know F2A has retrogressed in recent times.
At the moment, visas are available only for those that filed before 01JAN2018 (according to the latest visa bulletin).
Which means even after leaving USCIS stage and getting DQ, you can't get a visa until that Jan 2018 becomes Dec 2022 (your priority date). That's looking like 4 years or 3 years if a miracle happens and maybe lots of F2A become citizens.
The only thing that can hasten your process is if your spouse becomes a citizen. How soon can that be?
You can also consider moving closer to your spouse eg Mexico through the Mexico economic solvency visa. At least the distance will be shorter and you'll be able to see each other more regularly.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Besavednow: 4:20pm On Oct 02, 2023
lily156:

Thanks, but i think it has recently been moved forward to Feb. 2019 on the October bulletin.

I have tot of the Mexico or Canada being sis countries to the U.S but it seems like double cost. I will wait and see what the bulletin will show in the coming months.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2023
Wow that's good news that it's now Feb 2019. There's hope in the coming months then. Hopefully your spouse can become a USC soon.

Besavednow:

Thanks, but i think it has recently been moved forward to Feb. 2019 on the October bulletin.

I have tot of the Mexico or Canada being sis countries to the U.S but it seems like double cost. I will wait and see what the bulletin will show in the coming months.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Besavednow: 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2023
lily156:
Wow that's good news that it's now Feb 2019. There's hope in the coming months then. Hopefully your spouse can become a USC soon.

Yes, hopefully....
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2023
Besavednow:

You can also just apply for visit visa.
You don't lose anything..if you guys are married then seeing your spouse is a valid reason to travel.
Applying for a visit visa doesn't affect your immigrant visa application. Just prove you have sufficient home ties e.g. job etc.

I know people think they don't give to ppl with pending immigrant visas but that's not true.

Besides with the visa bulletin you may still have another year or so try it.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Besavednow: 10:22am On Oct 03, 2023
Taal17:

You don't lose anything..if you guys are married then seeing your spouse is a valid reason to travel.
Applying for a visit visa doesn't affect your immigrant visa application. Just prove you have sufficient home ties e.g. job etc.

I know people think they don't give to ppl with pending immigrant visas but that's not true.

i am the petitioner, we have minor kids we also applied for separately.They all below 10. If It were just her it would have been a different story. Thank you so much for your responses. I will continue to weigh my options
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by zed7: 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2023
Apart from F1 and F2, the other category is a waste of time. My PD is Jan 2013, that's like 18 years wait as things currently are. I was unmarried and a young man when I was applied for, now I'm married with kids. Thankfully, I'm moved up in my career and life is pretty good. By the time the application becomes current, by God's grace, I'd have risen really high in my career and I don't see myself leaving to go and stay abroad.

The only thing is I'd like my kids to actually relocate but the issue is if I, the principal applicant can refuse to go while my dependents go? It will be crazy for me to relocate at my age and status in like 10 years from now.

My advice is for people to take this US immigrant visa thing with a pinch of salt and focus elsewhere. Forget it exist and just keep building yourself and if it happens along the way, fine. US immigration process is just crazy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lonikit: 1:35pm On Oct 03, 2023
zed7:
Apart from F1 and F2, the other category is a waste of time. My PD is Jan 2013, that's like 18 years wait as things currently are. I was unmarried and a young man when I was applied for, now I'm married with kids. Thankfully, I'm moved up in my career and life is pretty good. By the time the application becomes current, by God's grace, I'd have risen really high in my career and I don't see myself leaving to go and stay abroad.

The only thing is I'd like my kids to actually relocate but the issue is if I, the principal applicant can refuse to go while my dependents go? It will be crazy for me to relocate at my age and status in like 10 years from now.

My advice is for people to take this US immigrant visa thing with a pinch of salt and focus elsewhere. Forget it exist and just keep building yourself and if it happens along the way, fine. US immigration process is just crazy.

Thank you for this. Your own case is even earlier. My bro just applied for me last year. 15 years more or so. Your advice is what I will follow. My peace of mind is important.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2023
zed7:

I agree...it's a long process and it's best you don't allow it to hold you back.

By the way even F1 and F2 can take 10yrs plus cos of a wide variety of issues . Mine took that long and then some.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
Besavednow:

i am the petitioner, we have minor kids we also applied for separately.They all below 10. If It were just her it would have been a different story. Thank you so much for your responses. I will continue to weigh my options

That's fine , at least you know you have options.

They can still visit on visit visa as long as you time their trip for school vacation time . At least you get to see them whilst you wait this out.

And if you choose to do in the states processing when they come you can explore that. ( even better if your citizenship is quite close)
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by zed7: 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2023
lonikit:

Thank you for this. Your own case is even earlier. My bro just applied for me last year. 15 years more or so. Your advice is what I will follow. My peace of mind is important.

If your brother applied last year, add another 19 years wait. Imagine adding 19 years to your age. If you're ambitious and focused, you'd have achieved so much by then.

My wife and kids used to go to the US for holidays, however, since I added them to my application, they've been refused a B1/B2 visa. I don't know if it's because they now have a pending immigration filing. Some people say it doesn't matter if you've been filed for that you can still visit but I seriously doubt that, the American's are not stupid. You could easily travel and go and wait out the process in the US.

Sometimes it looks like this thing has become a hindrance, as my family and I can't visit the US. We've had to try other places for family visit. That is the 'curse' of an immigrant visa application for me.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Besavednow: 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2023
Taal17:

That's fine , at least you know you have options.

They can still visit on visit visa as long as you time their trip for school vacation time . At least you get to see them whilst you wait this out.

And if you choose to do in the states processing when they come you can explore that. ( even better if your citizenship is quite close)

You have a valid point. I will wait for their approval at the uscis first. Then it will make more sense to try other options.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 3:28pm On Oct 03, 2023
Taal17:

It is 10% chance of getting a non-immigrant visa when you have a pending migrant application. They believe you want to jump the line.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2023
zed7:

You are absolutely right! The whole thing makes no sense at all anymore. Even people who are current aren't being called for interviews. The bulletin? Don't even know what that is for anymore, DQ ? That one is looking like a longer queue as it is now.
Don't just put all you hopes on US immigration. Continue to do other things in your pursuit for happiness and growth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.