Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,090 members, 7,811,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine (63510 Views)

100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) / 10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires / 10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by XKZ(m): 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2017
StOla:
I thought those Palestinians said it is a city?

How dare Forbes call it a small town?

I ordinarily hear them say Anambra has 3 cities of Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi, as opposed to 3 small towns.

StOla:

Only a propagandists will worry about being ridiculed by facts.

So why the need by Igbos who suffer from inferiority to falsely claim it is a city all along?

Are they backward negros for making false claims to a city when they could have their town equipped with all that is necessary and still be contented with the description of "town"?

Thanks to Forbes for not calling a butterfly a bird.

Human settlements are usually ranked on the basis of population.
An example is given below from Wikipedia

Megalopolis - a group of conurbations, consisting of more than ten million people each.

Conurbation - a group of large cities and their suburbs, consisting of three to ten million people.

Metropolis – a large city and its suburbs consisting of multiple cities and towns. The population is usually one to three million.

Large city – a city with a large population and many services. The population is <1 million people but over 300,000 people.

City – a city would have abundant services, but not as many as a large city. The population of a city is between 100,000 and 300,000 people.

Large town – a large town has a population of 20,000 to 100,000.

Town – a town has a population of 1,000 to 20,000.

Village – a village is a human settlement or community that is larger than a hamlet but, smaller than a town. A village generally does not have many services, most likely a church or only a small shop or post office. The population of a village varies however, the average population can range from hundreds to thousands.

Hamlet – a hamlet has a tiny population (<100) and very few (if any) services, and few buildings.

Isolated dwelling – an isolated dwelling would only have 1 or 2 buildings or families in it. It would have negligible services, if any.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlement_hierarchy

NaijaEfcc:

Nnewi, with a little over two million residents, is a 30-minute drive from the Onitsha – the biggest outdoor market in West Africa – on the banks of the Niger River.

https://www.forbesafrica.com/wealth/2017/08/07/small-town-super-rich/

The Forbes article gives Nnewi's population as "over two million", therefore unless Nigeria has a different set of objective standards for classifying its settlements, it is not wrong to call Nnewi a city.

For the sake of comparison, the 18th largest metropolitan area in the US (Tampa, Florida) has a population of 3,032,171 (2016 estimate). While the 35th largest (San Jose, California) has a population of 1,978,816 (2016 estimate).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

4 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
StOla:
Don't worry, I don't need to claim what is already mine.

But the same federal government makes so much money from Lagos.

Like all other states, Lagos state got federal allocations to use for its own good.

Has Lagos State collapsed since the capital moved to Abuja?

Capital or not, oil money or not, Lagos was favoured by nature to be great, so the greatness before oil will continue even after oil.

And nobody has denied that Lagos/Eko and not Lagos State was a satellite kingdom of the Benin Empire. But the native inhabitants have and will always be Yoruba.

That same Lagos/Eko is less than 15% of the present size of Lagos State created from the Western Region in 1967.

Don't mind him. undecided He does not know about the Aworis, who were the original indigenous inhabitants of Lagos, long before the Bini people came calling, on their expeditions. sad He remains ignorant of the Egun people, who are Lagosians by virtue of the fact that their ancestral home in Badagry, lies within Lagos State. He is also clueless about the Saros, Amaros, Agudas etc., who were the Afro-Brazilian returnees with Yoruba origins, that made Lagos their home after the slave trade was abolished. They were all native inhabitants of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Ewedegubbler: 2:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
MayorofLagos:

This is the foundation for the article. Everything here is embellished and spawn in falsehood.

The first Nigerian billiionaire was a shipping magnate by name Henry Fajemirokun. The first to own RollsRoyce was Kano Emirate, followed by Fajemirokun. Sir Ojukwu never had a Rolls.

I guess the Queen borrowed the Rolls Royce used on her visit to Nigeria from your papa.. Stop mixing Ewedu with weed or you go go full mental..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by MXrap: 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
Odingo1:

Every Yoruba person is from Lagos,always claiming to be from lagos that was build by FG with Niger delta oil money,una no get shame,meanwhile Oba lagos said that lagos is not owned by yorubas but Binis.

2 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by IgboticGirl(f): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
Chai why are Afonjas crying since morning over this thread

i am sorry for them because igbos have taken over forbe.....u guys can cry me a river grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by IgboticGirl(f): 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2017
me laughing at afonjas grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

igbos no be una mate cool cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by obiezed: 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

I made reference to the person who wrote that piece for Forbes. undecidedIt was written by Eromo Egbejule, an Igbo guy. Nobody said anything about Forbes being an Igbo media. Am sorry to say this, but you are an ignoramus! Do you now want to lay claim to Forbes too, in the same way your people have been laying claims to Lagos? shocked
You have confirmed your retardedness,so EROMO Egbejule is an Igbo name,well done there.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by IgboticGirl(f): 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2017
i still want to laugh at afonjas one more time grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2017
obiezed:

You have confirmed your retardedness,so EROMO Egbejule is an Igbo name,well done there.
Oh, is it a Kanuri name? Or a Yoruba name? Or an Igala name? What does Egbejule sound like to you?

3 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by jstriker442(m): 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2017
Who said tribal e-wars is just fr fun on NL. I see it eating deep into our youths. Errybody now wants a pound of flesh
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by guccitype(m): 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2017
I was born there. I am a witness
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by IgboticGirl(f): 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

Oh, is it a Kanuri name? Or a Yoruba name? Or an Igala name? What does Egbejule sound like to you?

u are so pained by this news ...and i love it tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Viergeachar: 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2017
stanluiz:
afonja keep on ranting and wailing have you eat eaten your toilet soup ewedu today?

Olodo loooonatic flatiyeasterner!

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Amarabae(f): 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

That Forbes article was not well researched in my humble opinion. What was all that story about using Ojukwu's Rolls Royce to chauffeur the Queen around during her visit?

No, in this case the Igbo writer of that article in Forbes made a blunder, by rushing to press without crosschecking the facts of his story.
Igbo writer?
Gosh what kind of hate filled bitots am I dealing with?
Forbes wrote that,
deal with it.
And btw Oromo Egbejule are NOT IGBO NAMES.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
IgboticGirl:
u are so pained by this news ...and i love it tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
How can I be pained, when all the pain is coming from your own people on this thread? Can't you see all their comments? Hehehehe.... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by greatestofall: 2:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

. sorry,I don't usually comment but 'eromo egbejule' is not in any way igbo.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by mofewilkie(m): 2:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
MayorofLagos:

This is the foundation for the article. Everything here is embellished and spawn in falsehood.

The first Nigerian billiionaire was a shipping magnate by name Henry Fajemirokun. The first to own RollsRoyce was Kano Emirate, followed by Fajemirokun. Sir Ojukwu never had a Rolls.

But Sir Louis Ojukwu actually had a rolls royce, and the queen used it... in addition, Dele only started his private business in 1955, 3 years after the queen (1952) rode in Sir Ojukwu's rolls royce. Meaning that Ojukwu who was about 20 years older than Fajemirokun was already wealthy before Fajemirokun started business.

We are so blinded by ethnicity and tribalism, that we use every little opportunity to pull eachother down.
May God save us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
Amarabae:
Igbo writer?
Gosh what kind of hate filled bitots am I dealing with?
Forbes wrote that,
deal with it.
And btw Oromo Egbejule are NOT IGBO NAMES.
Forbes is a magazine. undecided It does not research, and produce content by itself. Its' stories are supplied by writers from different parts of the world. In this case, the particular story under reference was written by Eromo Egbejule, (who is an ex-writer for The Guardian Newspaper in Lagos) and published in the magazine called Forbes. Deal with it. Or is that too difficult for you to understand?

5 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Rapture4real(m): 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
Is Evans not from Nnewi?

3 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Amarabae(f): 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

Forbes is a magazine. undecided It does not research, and produce content by itself. Its' stories are supplied by writers from different parts of the world. In this case, the particular story under reference was written by Eromo Egbejule, (who is an ex-writer for The Guardian Newspaper in Lagos) and published in the magazine called Forbes. Deal with it. Or is that too difficult for you to understand?
answer me and don't divert the topic.
Is Eromo Egbejule an Igbo name? Yes or No.
Your Painment is an entertainment in this thread.
Forbes is a worldwide respect and well read Organisation,
It is more acceptable and chosen than your ibadan media.
So cry me a river.
The era you people controlled Nigeria media is gone.
Your propagandas are being bursted left and right.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Belugaice1: 3:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
louqas:
False News
ijebu has more billionaires than any other town in Nigeria.

Proudly yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by jamesibor: 3:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
louqas:
False News
ijebu has more billionaires than any other town in Nigeria.

Proudly yoruba

No town has more billionaires than Nnewi. Mind you, Nnewi itself is a small town within Nnewi LGA. Anambra has 177 towns of which Nnewi is just one. Ijebu is not a town.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 3:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
mofewilkie:
But Sir Louis Ojukwu actually had a rolls royce, and the queen used it... in addition, Dele only started his private business in 1955, 3 years after the queen (1952) rode in Sir Ojukwu's rolls royce. Meaning that Ojukwu who was about 20 years older than Fajemirokun was already wealthy before Fajemirokun started business.

We are so blinded by ethnicity and tribalism, that we use every little opportunity to pull eachother down.
May God save us.

Guy, nobody is making reference to Dele Fajemirokun. They are talking about his father Henry Oloyede Fajemirokun, who was a multimillionaire many years ago.

3 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by emmalexabl(m): 3:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
As a dirty afonja Muslim., this is too much for me to bear....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2017
Rapture4real:
Is Evans not from Nnewi?

What a question! shocked
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by jamesibor: 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2017
zidek:
I dnt trust igbos money, igbo are most dubious people to work with, they can kill their mother for money, can peddled drugs, high way and bank Robbery, i Prayed to be real Money!

If your people used all the people they killed with witchcraft for money rituals, wouldn't it have been better?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2017
Amarabae:
answer me and don't divert the topic.
Is Eromo Egbejule an Igbo name? Yes or No.
Your Painment is an entertainment in this thread.
Forbes is a worldwide respect and well read Organisation,
It is more acceptable and chosen than your ibadan media.
So cry me a river.
The era you people controlled Nigeria media is gone.
Your propagandas are being bursted left and right.
Madam, if Egbejule is not an Igbo name, then kindly tell us what part of Nigeria bears that name. Is it an Efik name or an Igala name or a Kanuri name? Forbes relies on writers to supply it with stories. Or does Forbes manufacture stories from thin air? Are there robots who insert those stories inside Forbes? There are no lies or propaganda anywhere. Such traits are the stock in trade of your people. wink

Madam, if you must argue, please do so like an educated person and not an ignorant one. sad Even a primary school pupil, knows that newspapers and magazines rely on journalists to supply them with stories. The argument is not about whether Forbes published it or not, but who wrote the story. The fact that you are spewing insults left and right shows how pained you are. Try to get over it. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by sangresan(m): 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2017
NaijaEfcc:
The Small Town Of The Super Rich
By Forbes Africa 5 min of reading August 7, 2017

-Written by Eromo Egbejule
https://www.forbesafrica.com/wealth/2017/08/07/small-town-super-rich/
Egbejule should do a better job next time...Kano has more multi-billionaires than Nnewi...And Sir Ojukwu wasn't the wealthiest man of his day.Just because the Queen used his rolls-royce didn't mean anything...You don't even know the net worth of those you wrote about.

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2017
woodcook:

Afonja the "rewriter" of history I sight you. grin

I jes weak undecided
He is writing for Nairalanders, we are reading Forbes grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by sangresan(m): 3:16pm On Aug 11, 2017
This is a poorly-researched piece...Most of the tidbits were actually picked up online...No real effort to ascertain the veracity of some of the claims...How many billionaires are from Nnewi as compared to Kano?Many of the readers outside Nigeria may not know sha.
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Amarabae(f): 3:16pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

Madam, if Egbejule is not an Igbo name, then kindly tell us what part of Nigeria bears that name. Is it an Efik name or an Igala name or a Kanuri name? Forbes relies on writers to supply it with stories. Or does Forbes manufacture stories from thin air? Are there robots who insert those stories inside Forbes? There are no lies or propaganda anywhere. Such traits are the stock in trade of your people. wink

Madam, if you must argue, please do so like an educated person and not an ignorant one. sad Even a primary school pupil, knows that newspapers and magazines rely on journalists to supply them with stories. The argument is not about whether Forbes published it or not, but who wrote the story. The fact that you are spewing insults left and right shows how pained you are. Try to get over it. Thanks.
Eromo Egbejule is likely a name from Bendel region(either Urhobo, Isoko or Edo state).
It is Never an Igbo name.
Finally, no amount of gnashing of teeth and painment will change these writeup stamped by FORBES.
So cry us a River, you are the one obviousely pained.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by MXrap: 3:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
Clown, just keep deceiving yourself with your fake Bentley site. You can only fool your hopeless self. See the real Bentley website. Kill yourself but the truth shall always stand ahead of your lies and propaganda.

http://www.bentleymotors.com/en.html

[s]
allrightsir:

you people are just a bunch of retards:
The only sites you have that claim it is Ojukwu's car are Nigerian sites with no picture written by Ibos where anyone can say what he wants
I have given you two Non-Nigerian sites specializing in classic cars that state the provenance of this car from the chassis no to the original owner to the registration no to pictures and you continue to argue
i have even shown you pictures of the car to prove this car still exists but no you continue to argue and hurl insults.
You people should realise that a lot of thing you hold dear as a tribe are actually myths!!
[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jay Bloom Turned Down Seats On Titan Voyage / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic / Man Parks Wrongly At Abuja Airport & Comes Back To Meet This Crazy Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.