Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,658 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

We Need Meters To Account For Daily Oil Production – Senator - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Meters To Account For Daily Oil Production – Senator (1595 Views)

Lagos Assembly Asks Sanwo-Olu To Account For State’s 3 Helicopters / 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba / NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: We Need Meters To Account For Daily Oil Production – Senator by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2017
obailala:

If we are saying the existing metering facilities have been damaged or sabotaged a long time ago, and that the NNPC hasn't bothered fixing them for obvious reasons (corruption and/or ineptitude), then that is understandable. But I honestly find it hard to believe that oil storage and offloading facilities were designed and built with zero metering capacity. Who approved such a design?

I understand your position and you may be right. Honestly I don't know what type of facility we are using and if the older generation of such facilities were built without metering system.

Whatever be the case I think either not incorporating a meter system if there were actually none or not fixing the broken metering system is a clear indication of the rot in NNPC.
Re: We Need Meters To Account For Daily Oil Production – Senator by obailala(m): 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
woodcook:

I understand your position and you may be right. Honestly I don't know what type of facility we are using and if the older generation of such facilities were built without metering system.

Whatever be the case I think either not incorporating a meter system if there were actually none or not fixing the broken metering system is a clear indication of the rot in NNPC.
Blue3k just clarified that the metering facilities actually exist, but are not sufficient, not efficient and have been allowed to deteriorate without any maintenance over the decades, hence metering capacity of NNPc is greatly impaired.

Blue3k:

She said adequate metering system not zero metering. All she really saying is Nigeria doesn't have proper metering system to account for daily production. This issue was supposed to be solved with 2014 Weight and Measures Act. The act was supposed computerised metering system of oil wells. This where the majority of fraud takes place. Oil is siphon from well to pipeline.

Nigeria obviously does measure the crude that goes out for export. They use physical hand-dip measuring at custody transfer point. You can Google more stories about this issue it's no fairytale.

1 Like

Re: We Need Meters To Account For Daily Oil Production – Senator by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 13, 2017
obailala:
Blue3k just clarified that the metering facilities actually exist, but are not sufficient, not efficient and have been allowed to deteriorate without any maintenance over the decades, hence metering capacity of NNPc is greatly impaired.

Your initial assertion was right. cheesy

I wish those responsible in NNPC would do the right thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: What Nnamdi Kanu Has Done To Nigeria – Ubani / Fulani Herdsmen Crisis: A History Of Violence, Distrust And A Possible Solution. / A Criminal Terrorist In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.