Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians (50811 Views)

"Ladies Now Offering Sex To Uber/Taxify Drivers As Payment" / Taxify Driver Shows Up Tying Towel (Photos) / 4 Ways Nigerians Can Take A Luxury Trip Abroad Without Spending A Fortune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Romeo3(m): 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
this is what a recieved uber request looks like.
you have to tap on "navigate" and the google maps takes over.

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by swissobed: 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
RichDad1:

don't mind the useless dunce. He's a known hypocrite that claims to know something when he actually know none.

........with there low rate still this one is complaning
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by NnamdiN: 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
The longer route thing is the only "scam" I've observed. Once paid over 5k from festac to 1004. Dude spent all day fooling himself inside festac and running around like oversized testicllees. I was surprised when the trip ended and fiam, dem bill me 5k plus
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Romeo3(m): 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
google provides navigation for uber. end of.
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Richy4(m): 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Romeo3:
nigerians had issues with uploading their card details. so uber had to make that option.

So.. if a customer call to cancel, how will they charge that customer for cancellation fee if they did not upload their cards..

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by TrapHedges(m): 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2017
majekdom2:
Pamdrive. No Uber or taxify. That city should be remove from Top5

lol, does pemdrive work like uber or taxif¥ ?
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Romeo3(m): 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2017
Richy4:

So.. if a customer call to cancel, how will they charge that customer for cancellation fee if they did not upload their cards..
they mandate the customer to pay an extra 1000 naira cash on their next ride. customers must accept for uber to find a ride for them. no card needed. smiley
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by XKZ(m): 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
Romeo3:

stop embarassing yourself. i am an uber driver and you cannot know more than me.

uber uses google in nigeria. stop yarning dust.

The fact that you're an uber driver doesn't mean you know anything about Uber, you're not even their employee. You only know what they want you to know – which is where to pick up a fare.

Google maps and navigation are two different things
Uber uses Google Maps for street names and addresses, but they choose the route by which you get to the destination except you choose to use a 3rd party app for navigation.

10 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Romeo3(m): 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2017
in as much as there are drivers who cancel a trip for nonsensical reasons, there are also customers who keep a driver waiting for minutes on end that mandates the driver to cancel.

no one ever wants to see how useless some riders are.... uber drivers are always the demons.
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Richy4(m): 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2017
Romeo3:
they mandate the customer to pay an extra 1000 naira cash on their next ride. customers must accept for uber to find a ride for them. no card needed. smiley

Ok thanks man
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2017
Tunby:

Why? Why you wan make person cry nah?
it is well bro. we miss him
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Romeo3(m): 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
XKZ:

The fact that you're an uber driver doesn't mean you know anything about Uber, you're not even their employee. You only know what they want you to know – which is where to pick up a fare.

Google maps and navigation are two different things
Uber uses Google Maps for street names and addresses, but they choose the route by which you get to the destination except you choose to use a 3rd party app for navigation.

again, google provides maps for uber. and google maps chooses the fastest route always considering traffic.

pls enlighten yourself and stop this trash talking.
grin grin. useless nigerian education in full display here.

lmao @ "google maps and navigation are two different things"

go to sleep my friend.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by XKZ(m): 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2017
Romeo3:
unfortunately there isnt. and you cant create 2 uber accts with the same phone number.

you have to keep swapping sims. only a die hard scammer would do that any way.

You'll have to use two different phones for that to work. Uber tracks phones using your IMEI not just your phone number.
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Romeo3(m): 9:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
XKZ:

You'll have to use two different phones for that to work. Uber tracks phones using your IMEI not just your phone number.
mr man, if you dont know how they do it, accept that you do not know. i have driven different scam trip riders. they only need one phone.
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by babajero(m): 9:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
hedonistic:

Uber abi taxify mouthpiece, easy.

I've requested Uber in Lagos, few weeks ago, only for a Toyota Camry 'Tiny Light' to show up feeling cool. And I thought their benchmark was 2006 model cars upwards. Didn't have any problem with that because I only needed transportation at the time, but it was a let down, standards wise.
Just imagine what you wrote "you requested for a car and tiny light shows up", the question is was the car comfortable or not. In this present Nigeria where only the rich wants to remain Rich, any young man that can buy such a car should be praised. Just go to the market and know how much that car cost now.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by ndcide(m): 9:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
Romeo3:
i have carried people on uber who were just going 3 streets away.

Lucky you.
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by XKZ(m): 9:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
Romeo3:
again, google provides maps for uber. and google maps chooses the fastest route always considering traffic.

pls enlighten yourself and stop this trash talking.
grin grin. useless nigerian education in full display here.

lmao @ "google maps and navigation are two different things"

go to sleep my friend.

You're the one suffering from a poor education if not you would understand that it doesn't even makes sense for Uber to let Google (or a 3rd party) handle navigation. That would give the 3rd party enough information to set itself up as a competitor to Uber.

8 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Romeo3(m): 9:34pm On Aug 11, 2017
ndcide:

Lucky you.
lucky?
i always curse them in my mind for wasting my time. shocked
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by phorget(m): 9:34pm On Aug 11, 2017
KayDEAN:
Why are you complaining, is it now our fault that you wanted to call Uber, what do you want us to do now, buy car for you?

Oya come and be going grin grin grin
See signature
Bros the matter tire me oh, danfo never finish for Lagos road, keke self full everywhere you come say make I dey find uba upanda, nah first bank me dey like I no too like that uba I swear.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by hedonistic: 9:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
babajero:
Just imagine what you wrote "you requested for a car and tiny light shows up", the question is was the car comfortable or not. In this present Nigeria where only the rich wants to remain Rich, any young man that can buy such a car should be praised. Just go to the market and know how much that car cost now.

Lol. Tiny Light owner no vex. But the context of my post is completely lost on you, and that's entirely your fault.

7 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 9:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
Romeo3:
unfortunately there isnt. and you cant create 2 uber accts with the same phone number.

you have to keep swapping sims. only a die hard scammer would do that any way.
hmm ok,there are apps that have dynamic phone numbers anyway its built on hope and trust.In the Uk cash is not an option.
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Romeo3(m): 9:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
XKZ:

You're the one suffering from a poor education if not you would understand that it doesn't even makes sense for Uber to let Google (or a 3rd party) handle navigation. That would gives the 3rd party enough information to set it self up as a competitor to Uber.

this is what a recieved uber request looks like from the driver app. and another from the rider app.

when you finally see that google handles their navigation, go and sleep.

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2017
Romeo3:
in as much as there are drivers who cancel a trip for nonsensical reasons, there are also customers who keep a driver waiting for minutes on end that mandates the driver to cancel.

no one ever wants to see how useless some riders are.... uber drivers are always the demons.
this might pose a big problem to the business in long run given that many Nigerians got attitude problems. Unlike the developed countries where sincerity, honesty and patience is not hard to find
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Romeo3(m): 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2017
majekdom2:
this might pose a big problem to the business in long run given that many Nigerians got attitude problems. Unlike the developed countries where sincerity, honesty and patience is not hard to find
my brother, nigerians are the worst people. then they turn around to complain about the drivers.
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Romeo3(m): 9:40pm On Aug 11, 2017
this is what it looks like before we receive a request.

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 11, 2017
erico2k2:

hmm ok,there are apps that have dynamic phone numbers anyway its built on hope and trust.In the Uk cash is not an option.
I want to believe cash is not an option in the developed world because they operate most cashless. It's norm, preferred,easier for you to do transactions with your card. I am not sure it's because of trust issues.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by XKZ(m): 9:41pm On Aug 11, 2017
Romeo3:
this is what a recieved uber request looks like from the driver app. and another from the rider app.

when you finally see that google handles their navigation, go and sleep.

All you see is a screen displaying information
Beneath the hood, Uber navigation algorithm has chosen a route and displays the chosen route over a map provided by Google maps.

I think I'll take your advice though and go to bed, this is becoming tiring...

10 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by babajero(m): 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2017
hedonistic:

Lol. Tiny Light owner no vex. But the context of my post is completely lost on you, and that's entirely your fault.
your post is baseless, because you didn't justify the word "rickety" used. You were only feeling too big of yourself for entering "Tiny Light" like you called it.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by guyla: 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
blackylola:
Its neither Uber nor Taxify that program google map. 2nd Taxify doesn't charge rider for cancellation. 3rd there is nothing like scam there, get your fact right before coming to the public

Oh yes they do,
A friend just deleted the app from his phone because Taxify deducted #1000 from his account, even though it was the drivers fault

A lot of their drivers are irresponsible, I have had very bad experiences but would not want to talk about it here

3 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2017
TrapHedges:

lol, does pemdrive work like uber or taxif¥ ?
Yes, it does...
Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by jojothaiv(m): 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2017
Interesting, though e no kukuma concern us! Cause here in Kebbi, we dont even know about them..

Save for very few heads who have been out of the land..

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
guyla:

Oh yes they do,
A friend just deleted the app from his phone because Taxify deducted #1000 from his account, even though it was the drivers fault

A lot of their drivers are irresponsible, I have had very bad experiences but would not want to talk about it here
I have advised before that for these business to be sustainable in Nigeria. Proper background check should be done, perhaps do a personality checks like recruiters do online. It will help tell if the person is a fit. They should not just agree to every one that wants to drive under UBER or anyother. Customer is always right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria / Nigerian Woman Racially Abused A White Man On Train Going To London (Pictures) / FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.