Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

How To Be An Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Be An Atheist (3219 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be An Atheist by butterflylion: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
chemystery:
yes I can only if you do my practical assignment on the other thread.

You mean the same thread you asked me to keep my faith aside and promised to present your facts if I did. And when I did you quickly ran back to demanding proof of my faith when you failed to produce your facts?

Remember I told you on that same thread that your confusion has horns? Well that statement hasn't changed.

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 1:10pm On Aug 14, 2017
(5) UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ATHEISM AND AGNOSTICISM.

An atheist does not believe that a god/gods do exist. Most atheists observe that there is no proof that a god/gods exist. Because there is no verifiable evidence that a god/gods exist, they do not incorporate a god/gods into their decision making. Agnostics do not believe it is possible to know of the existence of a god or gods.
You do not have to be anti-religion. Most atheists, however, do disapprove of organized religion as well as the doctrine of faith as a virtue. There are others who still attend religious services for their own reasons, such as an agreement with some of the moral tenets, membership in a community, or even just a fondness for the music.
You do not have to write off the possibility of unverified or unverifiable phenomena. You can acknowledge that they are possible without insisting or acting as if they are true, or trying to convince others that they are true.
You do not have to subscribe to any set of beliefs. Atheism is not a religion. Atheists hold a wide variety of beliefs and outlooks, the only similarity being a lack of belief in a god or gods.

3 Likes

Re: How To Be An Atheist by chemystery: 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

You mean the same thread you asked me to keep my faith aside and promised to present your facts if I did. And when I did you quickly ran back to demanding proof of my faith when you failed to produce your facts?

Remember I told you on that same thread that your confusion has horns? Well that statement hasn't changed.
only talk you sabi, do small practical you are giving dozens of excuses.

4 Likes

Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
(6) UNDERSTAND THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE UP YOUR CULTURE.

Culture, tradition, and tribal loyalty are important to many people, including atheists. By denying belief in a god/gods, one need not totally dissociate oneself with the culture associated with his or her former religion. Virtually every northern hemispheric culture celebrates a winter solstice holiday. A possible explanation for this is the lack of agrarian work to be performed and the abundance of food stores for the dearth winter months ahead. Such a celebration can be, and is in many cases, still important to an atheist for its intrinsic values -- those of sharing and community, among others. Formerly Christian atheists still exchange gifts with their theist friends, put up Christmas trees, and gather with family and friends during Christmastime, without any religious connotation necessary. The same can be said of those formerly of other faiths or never of any faith.

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2017
I know the people that claim to be an atheist in there mind will not agree on this
Re: How To Be An Atheist by edicied: 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2017
purem:
(5) UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ATHEISM AND AGNOSTICISM.

An atheist does not believe that a god/gods do exist. Most atheists observe that there is no proof that a god/gods exist. Because there is no verifiable evidence that a god/gods exist, they do not incorporate a god/gods into their decision making. Agnostics do not believe it is possible to know of the existence of a god or gods.
You do not have to be anti-religion. Most atheists, however, do disapprove of organized religion as well as the doctrine of faith as a virtue. There are others who still attend religious services for their own reasons, such as an agreement with some of the moral tenets, membership in a community, or even just a fondness for the music.
You do not have to write off the possibility of unverified or unverifiable phenomena. You can acknowledge that they are possible without insisting or acting as if they are true, or trying to convince others that they are true.
You do not have to subscribe to any set of beliefs. Atheism is not a religion. Atheists hold a wide variety of beliefs and outlooks, the only similarity being a lack of belief in a god or gods.
Oh lawd
Re: How To Be An Atheist by chemystery: 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

When I said drop you faith, I quoted and was referring to you alone but I gave a generally practical where I quoted you and several others I never told to drop their faith. Also I never stated in the practical that faith should be dropped.

Other guys ran from the test with no excuse. But you, after looking left and right and nothing to hold on to, chose to inherit a statement from another discussion to be related with entirely another discussion which have to do with people that were not present or aware or concerned with the previous discussion.

Smart try bro. I give it to you.

OK sorry now, my bad. That was a slip of tongue. Oya use your faith this time and do the practical. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist by edicied: 1:28pm On Aug 14, 2017
purem:
I know the people that claim to be an atheist in there mind will not agree on this
slowpoke your views or the once you copied and paste are Subjective and not in any sense Objective so you don't expect any one to agree with you tongue
Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 1:28pm On Aug 14, 2017
(7) Learn to see and come to conclusions about the world through a logical lens, rather than through faith. The Scientific Method is universally accepted as the best way to understand the world

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist by OtemAtum: 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2017
purem:

You mean reverald has God almighty according to ur false doctofus?

U shud be asking ursef wht ur saying coz dat ur god only exist in ur imagination

God the highest consciousness who created Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Olorun, Moloch, Mazda and all goddesses is beyond me. Even Allah and Yahweh acknowledge God their father, let alone you. I will give you a reference where Yahweh spoke with God the highest consciousness. I just wish the LIGHT OF GOD could visit the consciousness in you with enough illumination so that you can be among those who know the truth rather than lies. Peace.

Doctufos: First Job 2:2-3

1. Now job saw, while he was in a strong meditation, that all the sons of God flew to the anystenx.
2. And when they got their, they bowed down before an unseen one. Then a voice sounded like whirlwind, saying, Jehovah, why are you here? Did you not send a report that you have disowned me as your father? And I have sent to him to give you a change of name, which is the adversary(Shey-et-an) .

3. Jehovah replied, I am here to ask of you why you should interfere in the affair of the homos which we created. They are not your creations, but ours.

That Yahweh disowned his father(God) doesn't make it less of the truth that God Almighty is his creator. You may choose to say whatever you want, but the truth stands.

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2017
edicied:

slowpoke your views or the one you copied and paste are Subjective and not in any sense Objective so you don't expect any one to agree with you tongue

Dikhead it's what have go through and examined very well for days b4 coming up with so either objective or subjective it the truth that matters
Re: How To Be An Atheist by butterflylion: 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
chemystery:

When I said drop you faith, I quoted and was referring to you alone but I gave a generally practical where I quoted you and several others I never told to drop their faith. Also I never stated in the practical that faith should be dropped.

Other guys ran from the test with no excuse. But you, after looking left and right and nothing to hold on to, chose to inherit a statement from another discussion to be related with entirely another discussion which have to do with people that were not present or aware or concerned with the previous discussion.

Smart try bro. I give it to you.

OK sorry now, my bad. That was a slip of tongue. Oya use your faith this time and do the practical. grin

Do you see why I said your confusion has horns? Right here in your comment you began with a denial of your very own comments and further down you accepted your comment but termed it a slip of tongue. No be only slip of tongue na slip of finger.

How can a human being first deny an actual comment he made and then in the same breath accept that he made it but placed it under "slip of tongue" if such a person isn't confused?

Your horns are growing!
Re: How To Be An Atheist by edicied: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
purem:

Dikhead it's what have go through and examined very well for days b4 coming up with so either objective or subjective it the truth that matters
grin I don't understand @bolded maybe you should be more clearer? The part i marked Red well thats not all Ur post are filled with misconception i didnt border myself to go through them one by one cause i would be like Where do i start? and me i no get time to waste cool
Re: How To Be An Atheist by edicied: 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

Do you see why I said your confusion has horns? Right here in your comment you began with a denial of your very own comments and further down you accepted your comment but termed it a slip of tongue. No be only slip of tongue na slip of finger.

How can a human being first deny an actual comment he made and then in the same breath accept that he made it but placed it under "slip of tongue" if such a person isn't confused?

Your horns are growing!
Comprehension is hard for some people

Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
OtemAtum:

God the highest consciousness who created Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Olorun, Moloch, Mazda and all goddesses is beyond me. Even Allah and Yahweh acknowledge God their father, let alone you. I will give you a reference where Yahweh spoke with God the highest consciousness. I just wish the LIGHT OF GOD could visit the consciousness in you with enough illumination so that you can be among those who know the truth rather than lies. Peace.

That Yahweh disowned his father(God) doesn't make it less of the truth that God Almighty is his creator. You may choose to say whatever you want, but the truth stands.

Bro the truth and lie doesn't have meaning what matters most in life is our BELIEVE so I can see that u have create ur own BELIEVE where u imagined a god that sent u a message to be delivered in year 2026
Re: How To Be An Atheist by OtemAtum: 1:51pm On Aug 14, 2017
purem:

Bro the truth and lie doesn't have meaning what matters most in life is our BELIEVE so I can see that u have create ur own BELIEVE where u imagined a god that sent u a message to be delivered in year 2026

Whatever you say, you are entitled to your opinion. But all I know is that the truth must float over lies with time.

BTW, I haven't said anything about 2026, but year 2625 and after. That's the year when the eyes of many people of Africa and the world shall be fully opened to the fact that God Almighty is not any of these gods who have size, shapes, location of operation, etc, but God Almighty is the sum total of the ENERGIES OF THE UNIVERSE AND MULTIVERSE with no definite size, shape, form, etc because everything is a part of God Almighty.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
OtemAtum:

Whatever you say, you are entitled to your opinion. But all I know is that the truth must float over lies with time.

BTW, I haven't said anything about 2026, but year 2625 and after. That's the year when the eyes of many people of Africa and the world shall be fully opened to the fact that God Almighty is not any of these gods who have size, shapes, location of operation, etc, but God Almighty is the sum total of the ENERGIES OF THE UNIVERSE AND MULTIVERSE with no definite size, shape, form, etc because everything is a part of God Almighty.

If I may ask were would u be that year
Re: How To Be An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2017
purem:

Be sincere

this is sad and you're making me feel engaging you is a waste of my time cuz it seems you don't understand my point

I said its one of the most stupid words ever and I BUTTRESSED THAT BY EXPLAINING WHY ITS STUPID!!!

I did this by asking if Christians feel they're disobeying Vishnu by eating cowmeat, understand?

a Christian would then have to challenge the explanation by arguing they intentionally eat cowmeat JUST for the purpose of disobeying Vishnu

failure to do so makes them agree that they are simply living their lives by eating meat and don't care if Vishnu is being disobeyed or not, which would agree with my assertion and prove the statement is stupid on its own

atheists are disobeying god sounds like "Hopefullandlord is disobeying Purem's mother by doing what she doesn't want Purem to do"

do you understand now? or do I need to explain further?

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist by OtemAtum: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
purem:

U shud understand what I wrote am not bashing him
Am just letting him know he's not an atheist
That's not necessary because I've never said I was an atheist right from the start, so why telling me what I know already?
Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
(8.) STUDY VARIOUS FORMS OF THEISM.

While most atheists argue that theists are making a positive assertion (and thus bear the burden of proof), it is important to thoroughly understand your former faith and its tenets as well as those of other faiths. The more versed you are in other religions and the more you understand why people believe what they do, the better basis you'll have for your worldview. Also, it will help you fend off those that will try to convert you to their religion, once they learn of your atheism.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by OtemAtum: 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
purem:

If I may ask were would u be that year

I should be in my afterlife viewing things happening in many planets at once and getting more knowledge of myself and the UNIVERSE according to the grand plan of God Almighty from the onset when he sent his first beings such as Yahweh, Allah, Atum, Moloch, Enlil, Enki, Olorun, etc into the UNIVERSE to make findings.

I won't choose reincarnation because I'll get busy exploring every part of the Universe easily, unlike here ob earth where it is more difficult to do due to human flesh limitations.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by edicied: 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
OtemAtum me i just get one question for you. What if you are wrong?
Re: How To Be An Atheist by Tonyosas101(m): 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
purem:
So hopefullandlord your arrogance to religion has make you a pagan not an atheist
I think you're the arrongant one here because he never said he was better

3 Likes

Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

this is sad and you're making me feel engaging you is a waste of my time cuz it seems you don't understand my point

I said its one of the most stupid words ever and I BUTTRESSED THAT BY EXPLAINING WHY ITS STUPID!!!

I did this by asking if Christians feel they're disobeying Vishnu by eating cowmeat, understand?

a Christian would then have to challenge the explanation by arguing they intentionally eat cowmeat JUST for the purpose of disobeying Vishnu

failure to do so makes them agree that they are simply living their lives by eating meat and don't care if Vishnu is being disobeyed or not, which would agree with my assertion and prove the statement is stupid on its own

do you understand now? or do I need to explain further?

Something tell me that you have been in an argument with fellow atheist has u claim u'r one.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
purem:

Something tell me that you have been in an argument with fellow atheist has u claim u'r one.
this question doesn't relate to the discussion and I refuse to answer till you show how it does
Re: How To Be An Atheist by OtemAtum: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2017
edicied:
OtemAtum me i just get one question for you. What if you are wrong?
If I am wrong, then it means Atum is wrong, all my personal experiences are wrong, the betterment of my life since leaving religion is an illusion, all the 20 ailments I have before leaving religion and listening to Atum are wrong, the revelation of afterlives I saw are wrong, even though I came across Eusebius whom I never knew on earth until my near death experience, maybe the sudden consciousness of happenings of billions of years I see and write are wrong, maybe what Atum told me about Samuel Ekwueme being a scammer is wrong and maybe I don't even exist at all.

For me to believe that I'm wrong means I have to disbelieve all the aforementioned reality of my life too and then I can't even imagine what I would look like cool
Re: How To Be An Atheist by edicied: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2017
OtemAtum:
If I am wrong, then it means Atum is wrong, all my personal experiences are wrong, the betterment of my life since leaving religion is an illusion, all the 20 ailments I have before leaving religion and listening to Atum are wrong, the revelation of afterlives I saw are wrong, even though I came across Eusebius whom I never knew on earth until my near death experience, maybe the sudden consciousness of happenings of billions of years I see and write are wrong, maybe what Atum told me about Samuel Ekwueme being a scammer is wrong and maybe I don't even exist at all.

For me to believe that I'm wrong means I have to disbelieve all the aforementioned reality of my life too and then I can't even imagine what I would look like cool
you know Chhristians and Muslim do have things like this to ba
Re: How To Be An Atheist by Ermacc: 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2017
purem:

Bro u'r one the celeb on NL so have been reading ur comments and posts, u'r arrogant and rude to the religious ones so that doesn't make u HUMANE
Wow! And i thought i was the only one that noticed it.

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist by OtemAtum: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
edicied:

you know Chhristians and Muslim do have things like this to ba
Everybody has things like this, not only xtians and muslims alone. Everybody believes that he or she is right based on his own personal experiences. It wouldn't do the Universe any harm if one more soul follows the things which works for him and he knows as the truth where many supposed truth are presented.

I'm following what I judge best as the truth, others have their own judgements too and we are made to argue things out peacefully forever and ever.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by edicied: 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
OtemAtum:
Everybody has things like this, not only xtians and muslims alone. Everybody believes that he or she is right based on his own personal experiences. It wouldn't do the Universe any harm if one more soul follows the things which works for him and he knows as the truth where many supposed truth are presented.

I'm following what I judge best as the truth, others have their own judgements too and we are made to argue things out peacefully forever and ever.
Yes true these days i try to be more Objective than Subjective but it's not easy grin

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist by OtemAtum: 4:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
edicied:

Yes true these days i try to be more Objective than Subjective but it's not easy grin

Yes o. Why the xtians and muslims see me as evil is majorly because their own god Yahweh doesn't appear as the first cause but rather as one of the created beings in the compilation of what I know(the doctufos). But they shouldn't have reasoned that way, at least I am not writing things in my own head down, but things I got from a source which has transformed my life and made me what I am now through the opening of my brain to inaccessible stuffs.

But no matter how they rant, it has come to stay and even Yahweh their god and fictitious Jesus cannot do anything about it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be An Atheist by DeSepiero(m): 4:35pm On Aug 14, 2017
purem:

The ideology you're projecting is more of humanism.
You can't tag a certain way of life as obligatory to an atheist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Open Message To Daddy Freeze And His Supporters / HELP !! End Time Supernatural Manifestation In My House. / You Can Go To Jerusalem Pilgrimage With #50k This December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.