Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

How To Be An Atheist - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Be An Atheist (3222 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

this question doesn't relate to the discussion and I refuse to answer till you show how it does

You know when I was offline I'm asking myself what are we arguing about? NOTHING.

buh u'r arguing with ur own comment

hopefulLandlord:

this is sad and you're making me feel engaging you is a waste of my time cuz it seems you don't understand my point

I said its one of the most stupid words ever and I BUTTRESSED THAT BY EXPLAINING WHY ITS STUPID!!!

I did this by asking if Christians feel they're disobeying Vishnu by eating cowmeat, understand?

a Christian would then have to challenge the explanation by arguing they intentionally eat cowmeat JUST for the purpose of disobeying Vishnu

failure to do so makes them agree that they are simply living their lives by eating meat and don't care if Vishnu is being disobeyed or not, which would agree with my assertion and prove the statement is stupid on its own

atheists are disobeying god sounds like "Hopefullandlord is disobeying Purem's mother by doing what she doesn't want Purem to do"

do you understand now? or do I need to explain further?

So bro I will just agree with ur point which am still yet to know.

Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
(9.)DON'T BELIEVE IN A DEITY.

That simple. No prayer, no worship. Consider your stance on the following statements:
Evolution exists, and events occur based on coincidence and happenstance.
No man in the sky dictates your actions or the events around you.
Fate and destiny are myths.
Many atheists are still open to possibilities and acknowledge that there is a lot left to discover. For example, there was a time that we couldn't see germs and science had not even conceived of their existence: that did not mean they didn't exist, only that their existence had not yet been discovered and scientifically validated. Rational atheists are open to new scientific discoveries but reject God as an explanation for things they don't understand.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2017
(11.)ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THE NATURE OF BEING.

With regards to mortality, most religions offer explanations that can be described as metaphysically dualistic: that there exist two distinct spiritual realities, not necessarily conforming to each other's laws of time and space — e.g. Heaven and Earth.
Materialism can leave some people feeling empty and spiritually ungrounded. However, atheism does not have to be such a bleak affair! Thinkers such as Heidegger, Kierkegaard, and Sartre pioneered the Existentialism movement in the early 1900s, readdressing the spiritual void left by atheism and capitalist industrial society. They presented a new way of looking at the human being — as an animal that transcends his/her animality through the capacity for free will.
Consider that the essence of "being" can lie in making your own choices, respecting the choices of others, and avoiding being consumed by unwanted routines and commitments. Purposeful being can consist of transcending, innovating, and breaking the rules. The essence of your existence is the ability to decide who and what you want to be. You are free!
Re: How To Be An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
purem:

You know when I was offline I'm asking myself what are we arguing about? NOTHING.

Hehehehehehehehe this is funny

you called me arrogant and Chemystry challenged it with the below post

chemystery:
purem, it is evident you are here for attack.
Why the assumption that hopefullandlord is arrogant? Can you point out any display of his arrogance on nairaland?

you then replied with the below

purem:

U shud check his comments and posts to see more

chemystry then said

chemystery:

I have not seen any so show me one

then you replied by posting a screenshot of my first post on this thread as an example of my "arrogance" and I replied that assertion, how's that post of mine an arrogant one? I want to learn

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist by chemystery: 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

Do you see why I said your confusion has horns? Right here in your comment you began with a denial of your very own comments and further down you accepted your comment but termed it a slip of tongue. No be only slip of tongue na slip of finger.

How can a human being first deny an actual comment he made and then in the same breath accept that he made it but placed it under "slip of tongue" if such a person isn't confused?

Your horns are growing!
no longer dropping of faith as excuse. Its now denial. Bro, your god failed his existences test woefully. Go and rest like your goons are already doing.

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist by butterflylion: 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2017
chemystery:
no longer dropping of faith as excuse. Its now denial. Bro, your god failed his existences test woefully. Go and rest like your goons are already doing.

I have no words for you... Just images.

Re: How To Be An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2017
OtemAtum:
If I am wrong, then it means Atum is wrong, all my personal experiences are wrong, the betterment of my life since leaving religion is an illusion, all the 20 ailments I have before leaving religion and listening to Atum are wrong, the revelation of afterlives I saw are wrong, even though I came across Eusebius whom I never knew on earth until my near death experience, maybe the sudden consciousness of happenings of billions of years I see and write are wrong, maybe what Atum told me about Samuel Ekwueme being a scammer is wrong and maybe I don't even exist at all.

For me to believe that I'm wrong means I have to disbelieve all the aforementioned reality of my life too and then I can't even imagine what I would look like cool
I have been following this circus for some time now. Atum is wrong and you know it.
This accusation is criminal in the extreme and a ploy to destroy an innocent man.

OtemAtum, what is going on ? I thought you were much more responsible than this.
You claim to have a few mentally diseased Atheists for witnesses. A court of law would never accept their testimony. Not after the Scientific findings were released to the world, that Atheism is a mental disease.

Explain why two people are criminally accused, two different persons with different monikers, with the same
real name Samuel Ekwueme

1) In one post it says; "Samuel Ekwueme the nairaland scammer aka Butterflylion"

2) In another post https://www.nairaland.com/4070514/brain-needs-upgrading-pay-money#60698438 you say, "4evergod is a very good example of this. He built a Lego of trust for himself, gets contacted for jobs, ended up scamming people, absconded nairaland. His real name, according to OtemAtum is samuel Chinedum ekwueme.

Nairaland will be compelled to investigate criminal accusations to see whether it is true.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by vaxx: 9:40pm On Sep 27, 2017
purem:
So hopefullandlord your arrogance to religion has make you a pagan not an atheist
by your definition.... An arrogance to religion will make you a pagan? How do you conclude ?
Re: How To Be An Atheist by vaxx: 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2017
purem:
So hopefullandlord your arrogance to religion has make you a pagan not an atheist
by your definition.... An arrogance to religion will make you a pagan? How do you conclude ?
Re: How To Be An Atheist by vaxx: 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2017
purem:
(7) Learn to see and come to conclusions about the world through a logical lens, rather than through faith. The Scientific Method is universally accepted as the best way to understand the world
what about philosophical evidence or historical evidence. .....
Re: How To Be An Atheist by Ericsunday619: 11:49pm On Sep 27, 2017
OtemAtum:

Yes o. Why the xtians and muslims see me as evil is majorly because their own god Yahweh doesn't appear as the first cause but rather as one of the created beings in the compilation of what I know(the doctufos). But they shouldn't have reasoned that way, at least I am not writing things in my own head down, but things I got from a source which has transformed my life and made me what I am now through the opening of my brain to inaccessible stuffs.

But no matter how they rant, it has come to stay and even Yahweh their god and fictitious Jesus cannot do anything about it.
honestly i pray you survive the sickness you are facing currently
Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 5:58am On Sep 28, 2017
vaxx:
what about philosophical evidence or historical evidence. .....

Bro are u sure u understand dis text u'r quoting?

Ever heard of philosophy of science?

If not for science would history have evidence?

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 6:03am On Sep 28, 2017
vaxx:

That guy may not be an arrogance to religion.

Maybe he's protecting his believe

Have come to realize that protecting ur belief has nothing to do with been an arrogance.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by vaxx: 7:32am On Sep 28, 2017
purem:

Bro are u sure u understand dis text u'r quoting?

Ever heard of philosophy of science?

If not for science would history have evidence?
philosophy and science can be treated separately...... Philosophy do not follow scientific pattern or scientific method of evaluation.... Philosophy precced science... Science use to be called natural philosophy but it branch off making main philosophy an entire independent dicipline on its own... Philosophy is all about intellectual taught and rigorous thinking... Philosopher are not scientists though some scientist may take interest in philosophy... But they are actually two different fied... Science isn't the only tools to use to validate history....
Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 7:47am On Sep 28, 2017
vaxx:
philosophy and science can be treated separately...... Philosophy do not follow scientific pattern or scientific method of evaluation.... Philosophy precced science... Science use to be called natural philosophy but it branch off making main philosophy an entire independent dicipline on its own... Philosophy is all about intellectual taught and rigorous thinking... Philosopher are not scientists though some scientist may take interest in philosophy... But they are actually two different fied... Science isn't the only tools to use to validate history....

Am really a learner here o

So u're telling me that philosophy is greater than science ?

That philosophy and science has nothing in common?

That philosophy make all the discoveris?
Re: How To Be An Atheist by vaxx: 8:01am On Sep 28, 2017
purem:

Am really a learner here o

So u're telling me that philosophy is greater than science ?

That philosophy and science has nothing in common?

That philosophy make all the discoveris?

you are not getting it... Philosophy preceded science.... The pattern of truth seeking of philosophy and science are entirely difference.... Philo sophia.... Love of wisdom aim to seek truth through critical thinking without any particular standard or method... It can be from idea.,observation and taught experiment while scienctific method is entirely base on empirical or measurable evidence.... Philosophy can be study alongside science..... Philosophy can contribute to science discovery...
Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 8:52am On Sep 28, 2017
vaxx:
you are not getting it... Philosophy preceded science.... The pattern of truth seeking of philosophy and science are entirely difference.... Philo sophia.... Love of wisdom aim to seek truth through critical thinking without any particular standard or method... It can be from idea.,observation and taught experiment while scienctific method is entirely base on empirical or measurable evidence.... Philosophy can be study alongside science..... Philosophy can contribute to science discovery...

Okay now I get it....

There's nothing to argue on anymore....

But what I do know is dat philosopher don't make findings unlike science.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by vaxx: 9:38am On Sep 28, 2017
purem:

Okay now I get it....

There's nothing to argue on anymore....

But what I do know is dat philosopher don't make findings unlike science.
you don't get it.... Philosopher make finding's but the pattern of findings is different from science...
Re: How To Be An Atheist by purem(m): 10:28am On Sep 28, 2017
vaxx:
you don't get it.... Philosopher make finding's but the pattern of findings is different from science...

To close the argument check this out

"Ideally, science is one sub-field of philosophy, where "philosophy" covers all human knowledge. The boundaries aren't exactly defined but roughly speaking science is the study of the consistent, observable features of the world."

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist by OtemSapien: 2:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
Ericsunday619:
When you give knowledge to the unwise, they get confused and think that you are the confused one. This truth you are rejecting is what millions of people will still come to realize that GOD ALMIGHTY is beyond Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Mazda or any other religious god. Peace.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by OtemSapien: 2:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
ScienceWatch:
I have been following this circus for some time now. Atum is wrong and you know it.
This accusation is criminal in the extreme and a ploy to destroy an innocent man.

OtemAtum, what is going on ? I thought you were much more responsible than this.
You claim to have a few mentally diseased Atheists for witnesses. A court of law would never accept their testimony. Not after the Scientific findings were released to the world, that Atheism is a mental disease.

Explain why two people are criminally accused, two different persons with different monikers, with the same
real name Samuel Ekwueme

1) In one post it says; "Samuel Ekwueme the nairaland scammer aka Butterflylion"

2) In another post https://www.nairaland.com/4070514/brain-needs-upgrading-pay-money#60698438 you say, "4evergod is a very good example of this. He built a Lego of trust for himself, gets contacted for jobs, ended up scamming people, absconded nairaland. His real name, according to OtemAtum is samuel Chinedum ekwueme.

Nairaland will be compelled to investigate criminal accusations to see whether it is true.

Butterflylion=Samuel Ekwueme=4evergod
Know now so that when the truth comes out as usual, you'll say OTEM IS TRUTH.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 3:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
OtemSapien:

Butterflylion=Samuel Ekwueme=4evergod
Know now so that when the truth comes out as usual, you'll say OTEM IS TRUTH.

How can you expect me to agree with OTEM.
The evidence is so flimsy, it will be thrown out of court in 5 seconds.
Until you produce more facts, I have to throw all this in the rubbish bin.

I tracked the beginnings of this story. It was quickly turned by you because you have a personal vendetta against 4evergod.

You and other mentally diseased Atheists have an axe to grind with an innocent Butterflylion. now you all accuse him of a crime.
I know how mentally fuxcked up these guys are, they have accused me falsely too against their best interest.

It is totally irresponsible to accuse two people of the same crime on a public platform.

Re: How To Be An Atheist by OtemSapien: 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
ScienceWatch:
How can you expect me to agree with OTEM.
The evidence is so flimsy, it will be thrown out of court in 5 seconds.
Until you produce more facts, I have to throw all this in the rubbish bin.

I tracked the beginnings of this story. It was quickly turned by you because you have a personal vendetta against 4evergod.

You and other mentally diseased Atheists have an axe to grind with an innocent Butterflylion. now you all accuse him of a crime.
I know how mentally fuxcked up these guys are, they have accused me falsely too against their best interest.

It is totally irresponsible to accuse two people of the same crime on a public platform.

It's not a court stuff. When I first said that Samuel Ekwueme was a scammer far way back six months before he was eventually reported so, no one believed me. Then when it happened to be so, people wonder. You'll also wonder when you eventually know the truth. I don't do court stuff. I do psychospiritual stuff and I don't talk about things I'm not yet 100% sure of.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
vaxx:

I thoroughly enjoy your highly informative posts. I wont dream of derailing here, I am pressed for time, allow me to insert this here.
Vaxx, this book may interest you.
In this book "The Irrational Atheist," The author Vox Day plays the card that the atheists consider their trump—reason—against them in a devastating and highly entertaining manner. With clarity and wit, he presents a wealth of evidence to demolish the arguments put forward by the leading ‘brights’ of the day.” including the prophet of modern Atheism Richard Dawkins.
—Chad the Elder, Fraters Libertas
Re: How To Be An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 3:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
OtemSapien:

It's not a court stuff. When I first said that Samuel Ekwueme was a scammer far way back six months before he was eventually reported so, no one believed me. Then when it happened to be so, people wonder. You'll also wonder when you eventually know the truth. I don't do court stuff. I do psychospiritual stuff and I don't talk about things I'm not yet 100% sure of.

Everyone practicing Psychospiritual stuff know that OTEM has been wrong many times. Thousands of customers have repeatedly testified to the fact that they have not found solutions to their problems. The diagnosis was mostly wrong. Just like many doctors.

How can you expect me to agree with OTEM. The evidence is too flimsy

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 3:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
purem:

Mmmmm ! Purem you are wise indeed ! I see you have unlocked the secret of the Atheist mind.
Your comment reveal your innate wisdom when you said to hopefullandlord, "You know when I was offline I'm asking myself what are we arguing about? NOTHING.''
Right there, the energy you saved will enrich your life, while these Atheist wasters only claim to fame, will be there insults of innocent decent peoples posts on religious sites.

If you read Hond's posts you will learn about the cruel hidden agendas of these Atheists. Hond is a self-proclaimed strident Atheist.
He gets invited internationally to speak a Atheist meetings. But the difference is that he lives for the dignity of other innocent decent people. He bluntly says, "The rest of Society can get fucxked !"
Re: How To Be An Atheist by OtemSapien: 4:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Everyone practicing Psychospiritual stuff know that OTEM has been wrong many times. Thousands of customers have repeatedly testified to the fact that they have not found solutions to their problems. The diagnosis was mostly wrong. Just like many doctors.

How can you expect me to agree with OTEM. The evidence is too flimsy
you have not even ask what psychospirituality I was talking about is all about. Well, here is it. There is definitely a spirit realm, they are there going about their lives same way we here are going about our lives. But here, we bother too much about them, wanting to please them, fearing them, worshipping them while they don't give a fvck about most of us here. The psychology aspect of it is what we can apply to ourselves to heal ourselves when we are sick, wriggle our way through things, make others our followers, etc. The psychology part of life is applied in the hospital for healing, curing, etc. It is also applied by the wise in standing threats, etc.

LIFE ON EARTH IS MORE OF "GO TO THE HOSPITAL" OR "MEDITATE TO HEAL YOUR SELF"(psychology) than "GO TO A PASTOR" or "GO TO A SELF-ACCLAIMED SPIRITUALIST TO BE HEALED"(spiritual).

More healings take place through meditation and medication than through the false way of religion and spirituality.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 5:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
OtemSapien:
you have not even ask what psychospirituality I was talking about is all about. Well, here is it. There is definitely a spirit realm, they are there going about their lives same way we here are going about our lives. But here, we bother too much about them, wanting to please them, fearing them, worshipping them while they don't give a fvck about most of us here. The psychology aspect of it is what we can apply to ourselves to heal ourselves when we are sick, wriggle our way through things, make others our followers, etc. The psychology part of life is applied in the hospital for healing, curing, etc. It is also applied by the wise in standing threats, etc.

LIFE ON EARTH IS MORE OF "GO TO THE HOSPITAL" OR "MEDITATE TO HEAL YOUR SELF"(psychology) than "GO TO A PASTOR" or "GO TO A SELF-ACCLAIMED SPIRITUALIST TO BE HEALED"(spiritual).

More healings take place through meditation and medication than through the false way of religion and spirituality.
Thank you, very interesting Sir.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by OtemSapien: 10:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
Ericsunday619:
lol, so it always seem for anyone bringing something new. sad
Re: How To Be An Atheist by Ericsunday619: 10:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
lol, so it always seem for anyone bringing something new. sad
am deeply sorry for that statement sir. I don't believe in Allah and Yahweh too.
Re: How To Be An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 11:54am On Oct 16, 2017
purem:
(5) UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ATHEISM AND AGNOSTICISM.

An atheist does not believe that a god/gods do exist. Most atheists observe that there is no proof that a god/gods exist. Because there is no verifiable evidence that a god/gods exist, they do not incorporate a god/gods into their decision making. Agnostics do not believe it is possible to know of the existence of a god or gods.
You do not have to be anti-religion. Most atheists, however, do disapprove of organized religion as well as the doctrine of faith as a virtue. There are others who still attend religious services for their own reasons, such as an agreement with some of the moral tenets, membership in a community, or even just a fondness for the music.
You do not have to write off the possibility of unverified or unverifiable phenomena. You can acknowledge that they are possible without insisting or acting as if they are true, or trying to convince others that they are true.
You do not have to subscribe to any set of beliefs. Atheism is not a religion. Atheists hold a wide variety of beliefs and outlooks, the only similarity being a lack of belief in a god or gods.

Muslims and Christians must never ever commit the sin of bowing to Atheists demands to "PROVE" the existence of God. God has already proven it to them. Let them prove to themselves that God don't exist !!!!

I have never committed this SIN. Who remembers the command, "DO NOT THROW YOUR PEARLS TO THE SWINE?"
Re: How To Be An Atheist by budaatum: 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Not after the Scientific findings were released to the world, that Atheism is a mental disease.
You've converted me to ScienceWath's troll. I don't like it, but I can't help myself!

ScienceWatch:

Because of your keen interest in this study I have taken it upon myself to mail Google, hoping they can help shed some light on this strange affair. I will update you soon.
Any update yet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jws False Doctrine Exposed Again / Reasons Why Muslims Should Not Celebrate New Year On January 1 / Don’t Go To Hell , Heaven Is Real By Reverend, Park, Yong Gyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.