Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,037 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper (26880 Views)

Corps Member Complains About Northerners Who Can't Read & Write In Camp / Gombe Corper Dies In Accident On His Way To Taraba (Photos) / What Corpers Serving In Fuk, Gombe Are Passing Through (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by modsfucker: 5:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
omoharry:
keep hiding your head in the sand that your brothers do no carry out these atrocities .The problem with the north is that you guys always hide the truth and make the situation non existence while it very much exist and obvious for all to see.You guys have never face the problem and call say it has it is..the core north is known throughout the world for it religious violent activities and i believe the perpetrator of this act are not ghost..are they?does he need to be in the north to experience it first hand?..God forbid..the violent northerners and their sympathizers are much more than the non violent ones that hate what they do which are the norther christian minority has they are equally victims of this wicked act.yes there is Jihad in the north..eg. The southern Kaduna Killings..and the preacher killed in Abuja..the Igbo lady butchered to death becos she protested against the front of her store for being use for their Muslim prayer section..and countless of older stories..only God can Deliver the people of the core north.

I'm neither supporting nor shielding any criminal act but what is reported about the North is an over statement. Violence exists in every section of the country but I can authoritatively tell you that counting out the alien sectional insurgency affecting the North-East, the remaining part of the North is the most peaceful place in Nigeria.

One is more likely to be killed by ritualists, kidnappers and armed robbers in the south than any over exaggerated spontaneous attack which usually comes in form of reprisal in the North.

We see people getting killed everyday here on Nairaland, about 95% of those killings come from the south.

How many Hausa petty traders lose their lives to ritualists in the South-West? Ritualists den are discovered on daily basis in Lagos and neighboring Ogun, is that not a sheer act of violence?

Armed robbery, cultism and kidnappings have become the way of life of the people in the East....

Going back to the West, Badoo has killed many innocently for no reason and they're still killing more people than one can ever imagine.

It is not as if Northerners are not spontaneously attacked in the South, Ile-Ife, Onitsha and Aba attacks on Hausa communities are good examples.

When I was a kid, a trailer laden with corpses of Northerners was brought to Kano from Shagamu...

What I want you to understand is that crime always remain crime no matter the decoration you give it.

3 Likes

Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2017
julietm123:

Oh,so he is basing his judgement on camp experience? Nawa. I served in Sokoto,and I can say northerners discriminate, are aggressive and unfriendly. Not all Sha. You have to dress like a Muslim woman before some even agree to sell things for you in the market. They can attack at any time. They can even kill over trival matters. Even someone you are friendly with will attack you over a trival matter. They were rejoicing after the 9/11attack,in fact, that was the day I marked them bad. I spit on their heads.
I was in the Niger delta when Yar'adua died,the people were happy and even mocking the northerners that were living there.Racial/ethnic abuse is disgusting

2 Likes

Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by konfused: 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2017
madridguy:
Northerner don't have time to hate anyone unlike the pigs with inbuilt hatred towards others region.

ibu Nwa ndi ara
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by Elfaris(m): 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2017
raker300:
Northerners always feign kindness...

That is how they were doing charity work in the usa while carrying out 9/11.

Don't be decieved Mr. Man.
Wow, your ignorance and foolishness is so intense. so northerners did 9/11 hehehe. sense fall on you.
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by vladoz(m): 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2017
To be frank Northerners are cool...at least the ones I have as friends are very friendly...and also they have bad ones just the way other region have bad ones..so let's be cool!
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by herich(m): 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2017
ON post=59527101]most of the people posting here have never left their regions to experience other regions....but they are here commenting as though they are writing based on personal experiences. a corper says he enjoyed his service year in gombe and people are here giving him e-slaps and knocks anyhow. na wa o. there are a thousand and one ibos in the north who would say exactly the same thing this corper has said but the ibos in the east (who have never gone beyond asaba all their lives) think the ibos in the north are insane because they assume northerners are vampires who thrive on ibo blood. rather than preach unity they keep breeding and preaching hatred. by the way, the ibos are quite intolerant of people of other tribes who are in the east! I know of a bearded hausa corper who was verbally assaulted for no reason at all while serving in the east....all because he is hause he was called a goat!! the yorubas are the most peaceful people in Nigeria....very tolerant of other tribes and hardly discriminate.[/quote]
Oga, you don't actually know what you've talking bout.
In lagos, if you don't understand or can't speak yoruba, you will be prone to intimidation, assaults and ll be seen as unexposed daft.

1 Like

Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by famzynet: 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
This guy nova see anything. What a man sees sitting down , a boy cannot see standing up. You dey rant your mouth just because of 3 weeks camp experience. Wait until dey roast you like suya.
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2017
sar33:
A corp member,Joseph Esu,who is serving in Gombe took to Facebook to lavish northerners with praise for their kind gesture.According to him,he was scared when he was posted to the north but the love northerners showed him has changed perception of them.He wrote

'I rememberd d first time I discovered that I was posted to serve in gombe. No b small madness nearly enter my head. It was in de north, I was gonna b with Muslims, blah blah.
But it ended up being one of d best experience of my life. I met new friends especially one special one, my Muslim roommates we're d best Eva. I even went to mosque sef.
Gombe is actually one of d most beautiful cities I have seen. I miss d camp already, frm d drills to d man o war, volleyball nd especially d food in mammi.
We in d south reli need to start loving d northerns, dem re so kul.
Goodbye Gombe.'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/08/we-in-south-need-to-start-loving.html?m=1

Idiotic² Unity beggar.
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by maspero22(m): 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2017
My brother, that's so true. I served in Gombe in 2012 and till date, i still miss the camp(one of the finest camps in the country) and Malam Sidi, Kwami LGA. My was GSS, the school directly opposite the camp. if you are correctly staying at Malam Sidi, go to malam sidi town close to d central corpers' lodge, look for the barbing salon and ask for Hussaini, Hamza d shop seller, Saidu and Nuhu my barber friends. Hamza knows me by the name 'Satellite' cos he was my student. They called me Satellite because i always caught anyone cheating in d exam hall no matter how smart d person was. I discouraged exam malpratices and encouraged reading. For the first time, that year recorded d best waec success since d history of GSS. I was their English and Geography teacher. Greet the others for me too pls. They know me by my native name, Ifeanyi. Such wonderful people. I love and miss them all, tho i still speak with some of them till date. chai!!

1 Like

Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
stephleena:
foolish corper..the so called loving roommates still prefer animals to u,as long u ain't same with them,you are still an infidel,weda u like it or not..nonsense.guess the bearded he-goat was still in his momma's womb,during the post election crisis of 2011..
u are foolish.MEN are talking,you are putting ur mouth

1 Like

Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by larrysiku20(m): 8:17pm On Aug 16, 2017
I served in the north the first cooper to register at the camp with registration number 001 was killed during a riot. I was almost killed with some fellow cooper because we had a party at our lodge the whole lodge was burnt down. this happened in kano
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by unmask: 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2017
stephleena:
foolish corper..the so called loving roommates still prefer animals to u,as long u ain't same with them,you are still an infidel,weda u like it or not..nonsense.guess the bearded he-goat was still in his momma's womb,during the post election crisis of 2011..
in this world we have only good and bad people.....all other classifications are basically propaganda
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by DabuIIIT: 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2017
Quantumheight:
igbos R D Prblm F Ds Con3,sum1 Givin U A First Hand Experience N U R Sayin Ds,du U Accomodate Othr Tribe In D East,u Segregrate Evn Among Igbos,u Dont C As Pple Frm Ebonyi As Ur Own Despite D Fact Dy R Frm D East,a Yoruba Man Canot Get A Job Wit Ur Govt Bt Millions F U R Here Wrking,hatred Will Send U 2 Hell

you are just frustrated and i pity you. And u are the one thats gat a place in hell cos of ur deep hatred for the Igbos..i am a full blooded Benin boy and its nothing but hatred and stupidity for u to tag anybody thats gat a dissenting view from whatever u lots think as Igbo.. I stand by my post,the north remains unsafe for southerners. The innocent southern corpers that were slain post '11 elections must've felt same way as this guy,excitement...pls,get a cure for frustrations and you know what,4k u and to hell with u and ur hypocrisy and hatred undecided
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by phi91lipin(m): 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
pls is anyone here serving in bauchi?
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by phi91lipin(m): 8:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
please is anyone here serving in bauchi?
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
stephleena:

Haba sister, why you hate northerners like this now, only fanatical terorists use the word "infidel" i hope u ain't one.

As for the corper nothing go do u my brother, you are absolutely safe in the north, no kidnapping, armed robbery or cultist, enjoy fura da nono cheesy for gombe

1 Like

Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by Nowenuse: 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
Cubeet2:
Apart from the indigenous people of Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue, Kogi who are friendly, welcoming and Non Violent, others are a no-near people

Just say middlebelters. Hausa-fulanis (core-northerners) are the problem. They are extremists.
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by Itshsb: 2:59am On Aug 19, 2017
raker300:
...Until they declare jihad....you'll become suya meat to them

This is the most stupid post I've seen in a long time.
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by Trottle: 7:16am On Aug 20, 2017
thesuave10:
Northerners are very very stupid people. Useless îdiots. All Muslims will burn in hell. ALL!

I hope Would have the nerve to say it again in a "day" to come. May Allah give me that special opportunity to "remind" you!
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by Quantumheight(m): 7:24am On Aug 20, 2017
DabuIIIT:

you are just frustrated and i pity you. And u are the one thats gat a place in hell cos of ur deep hatred for the Igbos..i am a full blooded Benin boy and its nothing but hatred and stupidity for u to tag anybody thats gat a dissenting view from whatever u lots think as Igbo.. I stand by my post,the north remains unsafe for southerners. The innocent southern corpers that were slain post '11 elections must've felt same way as this guy,excitement...pls,get a cure for frustrations and you know what,4k u and to hell with u and ur hypocrisy and hatred undecided
I Pity U,i Dnt Av Hatred 4 Igbo Bt D Way Dy R Goin About D So Kal Hatred 4 Other Tribe,i Serve In Edo N I Know How I Was Treatd Farely N I Stil Av Friends Dia Bt What U Shd Ask Ursef Is D Aftermath F Ds Hate Speech N Hatred Being Show By Igbo Youth Against D Rest F Us,hatred Cn Lead 2 War N Genocide N U Kno Wat D Rich Il Find Dia Way Out F Ds Con3 With Dia Family N D Poor Il B Killed
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by DabuIIIT: 7:48am On Aug 20, 2017
Quantumheight:
I Pity U,i Dnt Av Hatred 4 Igbo Bt D Way Dy R Goin About D So Kal Hatred 4 Other Tribe,i Serve In Edo N I Know How I Was Treatd Farely N I Stil Av Friends Dia Bt What U Shd Ask Ursef Is D Aftermath F Ds Hate Speech N Hatred Being Show By Igbo Youth Against D Rest F Us,hatred Cn Lead 2 War N Genocide N U Kno Wat D Rich Il Find Dia Way Out F Ds Con3 With Dia Family N D Poor Il B Killed

quantumheight,i wonder what u lots mean by hate speech,the hausas that kill us in the north in the slightest provocation,is that love? The fulanis that go about slaughtering ppl,is that love? They say "theres no smoke without fire", theres a reason for every action,i am niger deltan from Edo and my ppl like asari dokuboh have also been blowing hot over decades of negligence of the Ndelta by the govt..the Igbos have been negleted as well for decades and they got every right to complain. Now the north is head of ALL THREE ARMS OF GOVT,my region,SS is not represented and Ekweremadu became deputy senate president by chance,if it was the other way round,do u think the "we shall make the country ungovernable" north would accept it? The so called pre tagged the SE and SS as mere 5% and u guys expect us to smile and remain silent,abi?
If there is gonna be any war,it shud be war against tribalism and injustice. The Igbos wants out so does the ss and even the sw. The entire south wants out and are thinking it buh only the bold Igbos are saying it.
Re: 'We In The South Need To Start Loving Northerners, They're Cool" - Gombe Corper by ruby21: 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
OK oh. Till U experience Boko Haram or they chop off ur head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Obtain A Medical Report For NYSC Orientation Camp / Niger NYSC Camp Is The Worst Ever – Kazaure / 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.