Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

This Love Is Killing Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Love Is Killing Me (976 Views)

Can't Approach A Lady, CONJI Is Killing Me, Please I Need Help! / Pls Help Me My Female Neigbour Is Killing Me / Help - Shes Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Love Is Killing Me by dark3: 9:08pm On Feb 16, 2010
Hello everyone!

Can anyone advise me on how to stop thinking of this girl I think I really really love? I'm kinda shy so a month ago, I kinda wrote a note saying I loved her. She didn't say nothing then but I got her number and called a few times. Trouble is I'm really clueless and can't really say much on the phone. Most times, I just say hi and stuff and it really sucks. I've finally decided to give up and haven't called her for a while. I just say hi whenever we see each other in skool. I keep trying to forget everything but I just can't find a way to do it. My mind is filled with thoughts of her. Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night and find myself thinking of her. I can't sleep when I think of her. I can't even concentrate on anything anymore. It get's worse when I see her. My heartbeat goes off the charts and I just get breathless. I never felt all these things before. My mind now a strange beautiful place. One that ain't getting familiar. I just wish I understood things clearer. I want to know the best way to FORGET,
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by frank317: 9:26pm On Feb 16, 2010
If u cant tell her hw u feel like a man then 4get her. Rememba WAEC is less than 4 months away
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by ebila(m): 9:37pm On Feb 16, 2010
dark_:

Hello everyone!

Can anyone advise me on how to stop thinking of this girl I think I really really love? I'm kinda shy so a month ago, I kinda wrote a note saying I loved her. She didn't say nothing then but I got her number and called a few times. Trouble is I'm really clueless and can't really say much on the phone. Most times, I just say hi and stuff and it really sucks. I've finally decided to give up and haven't called her for a while. I just say hi whenever we see each other in skool. I keep trying to forget everything but I just can't find a way to do it. My mind is filled with thoughts of her. Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night and find myself thinking of her. I can't sleep when I think of her. I can't even concentrate on anything anymore. It get's worse when I see her. My heartbeat goes off the charts and I just get breathless. I never felt all these things before. My mind now a strange beautiful place. One that ain't getting familiar. I just wish I understood things clearer. I want to know the best way to FORGET,
If u can tell her dis fins u posted here,i bet u u'd actually get thru to her.U've already made her know how u feel wif ur lil note,but if u can just tell her wif ur mouth,she beliv u more.Women r moved by wot they hear.No woman wants a 'punk' for a BF or partner.D next time u see her,don't punk out,just tell her how u feel n try to get to know her afterwards! Goodluck!
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 16, 2010
sounds like infatuation imo
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by omega25red(m): 9:46pm On Feb 16, 2010
dark_:

Hello everyone!

Poster the easiest way out is to let her know that you are shy and really get dumb founded when you are around her. Trust me she will find that to be cute and before you know it you will know what to say around her.

By the way, how did you get her number and was she accepting your calls when you called or you were on of those guys who breath heavily on the phone and hang up
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by Donvilo(m): 10:13pm On Feb 16, 2010
omega25red:

Poster the easiest way out is to let her know that you are shy and really get dumb founded when you are around her. Trust me she will find that to be cute and before you know it you will know what to say around her.

By the way, how did you get her number and was she accepting your calls when you called or you were on of those guys who breath heavily on the phone and hang up
LOOOOOOOOOOL grin grin grin I bet some guys are naturally shy and lack a great deal of courage. These kind of dudes can be hard to deal with. @topic. U better walk up to her and tell her the truth so that u can deal with that feeling of urs or u will loose her forever.
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by dark3: 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2010
@ omega25red: We're kinda friends in skool. I asked her 4 it. I don't hang up but I don't talk much. Just 'hi's and stuff, 

@ frank3.16: By skool, I meant university, freshman,

My heart races whenever she's around and it really hurts. Imagine 100 beats/min! I find it difficult to breath. My mind goes blank.

When she's not around, I miss her like hell,
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2010
^^ this is not normal.
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by dark3: 10:50pm On Feb 16, 2010
@ tpia: kindly explain.
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 16, 2010
Thinking of a babe 24-7 guy u get plenty time e be like say u go help me with my workload, my advice tell her mind and cruise off it's called crash and burn happened to the best of us.life is too short to be slacking off.toasting a babe is like 50% percent chance of wooing her or loosing her not making a move is 100% loss and a predicted outcome since u are guaranteed of a 100% loss why not take a risk that way u knows at least some % chances exist.
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 16, 2010
dark_:

@ tpia: kindly explain.

this:

My heart races whenever she's around and it really hurts. Imagine 100 beats/min! I find it difficult to breath. My mind goes blank

is very weird

what you're feeling is infatuation
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by daylae(m): 11:11pm On Feb 16, 2010
Well,i bet she noticed you already;just waiting for you to say the majic word. Could go either way,so don't feel bad when you get a NO. But in the female dictionary,a NO could also be a YES,,,,so don't give-up when you get a NO.
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by dark3: 11:12pm On Feb 16, 2010
@ tpia: Okay, any advise on how to deal with it, forgetting?
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 16, 2010
^^ well, since you obviously dont know her that well, I'm afraid you may be stuck with your feelings for now.

It might help if you get busy and avoid her for a while.

If not, then its up to you to see if you'll make any headway.

However, i do think you're infatuated with what you think she is, not necessarily who she actually is.
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by dark3: 11:36pm On Feb 16, 2010
@Tpia: Truth is I actually want to get to know her well and I don't see her as anything except who she is,  okay, maybe I think she is the most beautiful and amazing person in the world but I'm sure it's not infatuation. I don't really expect much from anyone. I just let people be who they are and try to find a way to fit everything together. That's kinda my way,

ANYBODY GOT A SECRET TO FORGETTING?  , WISH I HAD AMNESIA RIGHT NOW. WISH I COULD SEE HER FACE,
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by dark3: 8:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
still thinking of her,
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by shilling(f): 11:50pm On Feb 18, 2010
dark_:

@Tpia: Truth is I actually want to get to know her well and I don't see her as anything except who she is,  okay, maybe I think she is the most beautiful and amazing person in the world[b] but I'm sure it's not infatuation[/b]. I don't really expect much from anyone. I just let people be who they are and try to find a way to fit everything together. That's kinda my way,

ANYBODY GOT A SECRET TO FORGETTING?  , WISH I HAD AMNESIA RIGHT NOW. WISH I COULD SEE HER FACE, 

Hi dark,
So what do you think it is then, love?

Speaking from personal experience here, I became friends with a guy and a couple of weeks into our friendship, he used the L word. You can imagine, I had a WTF moment and told him NO. Our friendship hasn't been the same since then.

I don't how close you two are, but I think it's quite unsettling for a girl to hear the words I LOVE YOU from a person she barely knows. If she doesn't love you back, or sees you strictly as a friend, then you're relationship as friends could be marred forever. I bet you'd rather have her in your life as a friend, than not having her at all.

Here's what I think you should do. You don't have to forget about her, if it's really love you feel in your heart for her, well then, LOVE IS PATIENT - WAIT!!!

Get to know her better, let's hope she is really as amazing as you said. When the time is right, and you're friendship has reached a certain level, you'll probably be really nervous, but you should feel more comfortable telling her how you feel. She on the other hand will feel more comfortable hearing this, especially if she knows that you're a pretty decent guy.

Telling her how you feel right now is quite premature, it could look like you're merely infatuated, which could be the case if I may add.

Hope I'm making sense here.
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by Abekeade08(f): 1:45am On Feb 19, 2010
Hello Dark,

^^^shilling gave you some good advice. If you really like this girl as much as you say you do, then start out getting to know her better, you can start your convo by asking her if she has seen whatever latest movie is out now, if she says no, ask her if she would be willing to go see it with you. If she says no, don't back down, ask her why not and be a little persistent, not too much though. I like guys that are persistent, but remember that too much of everything is bad. When she accepts, ask her if she would mind getting dinner before heading to the movies, I am sure she will be okay with this as Dinner and a movie is a popular pastime in America. Once you are at dinner, try and get to know a little about her without being too tongue tied (women might find shy guys cute, but any woman will tell you she loves a confident man). Ask her her hobbies, try to talk about the things you have in common e.t.c, anyway these are my little tips.

I wish you good luck.
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by H2O2: 1:52am On Feb 19, 2010
You're in limerance. Take it easy before your infatuation completely gets the best of you.
Instead of shaking like jellyfish when talking to the girl, why not relax, be yourself and have a normal conversation with her first.
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by Tatase(f): 2:08am On Feb 19, 2010
I agree (with shilling), using the word "love" might be a little premature, after all you don't know her that well as you've said. But I think you might regret not finding out where things could go. I'm also really shy and have a phobia for awkward silences with people I don't know too well so I understand things on that end.

Since you guys already kind of talk and know each other, why not invite her to something like a movie. At least you get to hang out with her without doing much talking, and afterwards you at least have that as a first topic of conversation as you get more comfortable talking with her.

Another alternative, ask her to help you pick something out (as in to go shopping with you). Either tell her you want to buy an article of clothing or something for your mom or sister or something and ask her to come along with you. Again, you get to hang out with her and get to know her better, but there's something to talk about (i.e. your families, or fashion or something).

Once you've gotten a few of those types of hang-out sessions under your belt, you should be a little more comfortable with her as well as able to see the lay of the land i.e. whether she may be receptive to you asking her out.
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by Duniverse(m): 2:00pm On Feb 19, 2010
frank3.16:

If u cant tell her hw u feel like a man then 4get her. Rememba WAEC is less than 4 months away
u mean he has waec to write and he's hear talking about how he feels about a girl, you should feel for ur waec and read ur books not feelin for woman k?
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by sugarpp: 2:02pm On Feb 19, 2010
u wrote her a love note, she didnt respond and you still dnt get the message? grin oga ooooo
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by 190: 4:56pm On Feb 19, 2010
this love is overkillin me

by terry G rite~
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by naijaswag1: 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2010
Delusion and delirium,some bad guy is fu`cking that girl and you are here fantasizing.Am sorry for you.
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by dark3: 8:40pm On Feb 19, 2010
Thanks guys. I guess I got a lot to learn about life and these feelings of mine, This week has been quite traumatic. A lot of mishaps. Everything seems to be going wrong. Haven't spoken with her for quite some time and yet I miss her. Sucks. I guess I'll get me an anti-emotional heart next time. Hoping for the best anyways. Wish y'all the best.

@ naija_ swag: At first, Ya cut me like a knife. But then I realized, That ain't my business! I love her. I want to make her happy. If she doesn't like like me, fine!. That's what life is. I'll still be there for her as long as I can. Till life puts me on another path. You should mind your language although I think you meant no harm. Just wanted me to get on with it, thanks.

THANKS EVERYONE!
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by H2O2: 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2010
dark_:

Thanks guys. I guess I got a lot to learn about life and these feelings of mine, This week has been quite traumatic. A lot of mishaps. Everything seems to be going wrong. Haven't spoken with her for quite some time and yet I miss her. Sucks. I guess I'll get me an anti-emotional heart next time. Hoping for the best anyways. Wish y'all the best.

It's generally not advantageous for a guy to be this emotional. Keep that in mind dude.
It will get you far with women.
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by Kelvinj(m): 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2010
Guy express urself or let it explode in u!
Re: This Love Is Killing Me by Dontaxer: 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2010
As d love doctor. Omega is very rite so is shilling right. But if u ask me 4 my candid advice , my broda go and tell her ur mind. Tell her how u feel abt her. Dont necessary use d word 'i luv u. Just tell her why u havnt got courage to come real close 2 her and u'll b amazed by d positive response. Dis same tin happened to me 2 weeks bck, guess what? She just cant leave me alone. Hey@ shilling! One united. Am stunch utd fan . Don Vito Tonyenovich is my fbk name.

(1) (Reply)

I Hate Her Cousins / Does A Kiss Have Significance On A First Date? / If It Were You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.