Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? (19893 Views)

Dear Graduates ... Please Buy A Laptop!! / I Earn More Than Most University Graduates – Tricyclist Says / Dear Employer, Have You Seen Neymar New Salary Breakdown? – Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by burqueenx(f): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
To become a yahoo boy

2 Likes

Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by RIPEnglish: 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
maklelemakukula:

the other day you wrote "handsom lady".Guess what, Its actually correct.
if you must kill English, abeg kill it well.
wink
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by loomer: 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
Continue to go sch
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by Dpredictor(m): 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
Essentials1:
Dpredictor / BiafraBushBoy

I just ran your site through alexa and I see that you are at 2m web rank... Well, that is interesting... Your posts make sense, but I don't really know what your website is all about...

I see your website talking about employment, graduates and some facts about life, but the name is called topwritersden which makes me think that it is a website that brings writers together, but the posts state otherwise...

I don't know what your reason for blogging is, where you see your blog in the next 2 years or what you hope to achieve with your blog. But I think it is time you really focus on creating an impact with your blog and best of all making real money from it...

I am not biafrabushboy cheesy

He is a friend, so I use his posts to create topics on Nairaland, to get to front page.

Nothing else.

cc: biafranbushboy
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by GOFRONT(m): 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
Chai!!!!!........English why u.....See as dis guy dey Kill u
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
[quote author=burqueenx post=59567729][/quote] all this peeps are disrespectful... bro do you realize you just quote a billionaire
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by BiafranBushBoy: 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
Dpredictor:

I am not biafrabushboy cheesy

He is a friend, so I use his posts to create topics on Nairaland, to get to front page.

Nothing else.

cc: biafranb.ushboy

Nice one. How you doing buddy!!
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by jericco1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
Well I have my skills, and plan to equip myself with more.
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by BiafranBushBoy: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
Essentials1:
Dpredictor / BiafraBushBoy

I just ran your site through alexa and I see that you are at 2m web rank... Well, that is interesting... Your posts make sense, but I don't really know what your website is all about...

I see your website talking about employment, graduates and some facts about life, but the name is called topwritersden which makes me think that it is a website that brings writers together, but the posts state otherwise...

I don't know what your reason for blogging is, where you see your blog in the next 2 years or what you hope to achieve with your blog. But I think it is time you really focus on creating an impact with your blog and best of all making real money from it...

Hello bro... can we have a chat on whatsapp?

Is that okay by you? I and the OP arent the same tho.
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by ejirospecial: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nice write up: it is a kind of an eye opener.

1 Like

Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by adextetoo(m): 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
Am an animator but I studied mining engineering
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by Dopeyomi(m): 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
Essentials1:

And what is that expected to yeild, there are over 1 million Nigerians that are into the printing business at the moment.. the market which was once large is now small.. so how will you fight the competition when it comes to pricing and customers... Why not bring something unique rather than joining the crowd

This is coming in a new and dynamic way with competitive price, The starch and iron business is yet to be flooded..

Another thing is to find or locate a specific market to be targette, Its going to be done in an environment close to an institution bet it we have thousands of People around the environment, and People will surely buy with a competitive price and quality been delivered..

1 Like

Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by Essentials1(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Hello bro... can we have a chat on whatsapp?

Is that okay by you? I and the OP arent the same tho.

So you mean there is more than one person controlling this website and it is still at 2m in alexa... You guys are just playing with the opportunities I wish I had..

Well, I am not on whatsapp, Let me see what you want to say to me by mail ..... hearts6055@gmail.com
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by Essentials1(m): 4:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
Dopeyomi:

This is coming in a new and dynamic way with competitive price, The starch and iron business is yet to be flooded..

Another thing is to find or locate a specific market to be targette, Its going to be done in an environment close to an institution bet it we have thousands of People around the environment, and People will surely buy with a competitive price and quality been delivered..

Bros, your business would be dead on arrival, especially when you say you want to sell to an institution.. Immediately it starts flourishing you will see other people spring up theirs.. Things are not like the days of old, when it was hard to raise capital for a business.. Now its easy..

And worse, when it comes to institutions your prices could have to be at the low end or the students would not be interested.. Then there is the question whether you are selling to the rich or poor class. Selling to the poor class in an insitution means doom and selling to a rich class means you will have to spend more to gain attention.

This is just 2 things out of 1million things you should know about the business you are about going into..
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by Dopeyomi(m): 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
Essentials1:

Bros, your business would be dead on arrival, especially when you say you want to sell to an institution.. Immediately it starts flourishing you will see other people spring up theirs.. Things are not like the days of old, when it was hard to raise capital for a business.. Now its easy..

And worse, when it comes to institutions your prices could have to be at the low end or the students would not be interested.. Then there is the question whether you are selling to the rich or poor class. Selling to the poor class in an insitution means doom and selling to a rich class means you will have to spend more to gain attention.

This is just 2 things out of 1million things you should know about the business you are about going into..

Okay you're right
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
Realkenny:
Future Plan is To Start Yahoo ASAP.

what is this rubbish
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by pxjosh(m): 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
j
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by bongolistik(m): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
Essentials1:

And what is that expected to yeild, there are over 1 million Nigerians that are into the printing business at the moment.. the market which was once large is now small.. so how will you fight the competition when it comes to pricing and customers... Why not bring something unique rather than joining the crowd
there are virtually no skills or job without competition, competition should not scare you from venturing into what you intend doing but rather it should strengthen you. don't forget that everybody has his own peculiar customers no matter the crowd in your line. Just packaging well can make some difference in the midst. You can always package and repackage and come out in brilliance in that same line that you already think it's saturated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by glosplendid(f): 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
Am not a graduate yet..buh am planning on buying/giving out a car for hire purchase this year..so that when I might have graduated next year..i won't be depending on govt work..infact I wana be a boss of my own..from now till when I graduate...I am aiidy planning my life....

2 Likes

Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by BiafranBushBoy: 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
Essentials1:

So you mean there is more than one person controlling this website and it is still at 2m in alexa... You guys are just playing with the opportunities I wish I had..

Well, I am not on whatsapp, Let me see what you want to say to me by mail ..... hearts6055@gmail.com

More than one person isn't controlling the site. He is only posting in Nairaland. I have a full time job that takes my time. I barely even have time to write.

I dropped from 991,876 to 2 million within few months. So hope you see.

I will still send you a mail tho.
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by Medicalcomedian: 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
with this english even satan cant help you
RIPEnglish:
I will liked to builded good school hostels in the school of village. Also i will liked to did some agriculturing business & finally to also buyed many taxi cabs & leased it out to people so i can be collected money delivering every day single. God help me.
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by oluwasheun94(m): 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
agriculture, forex trading, online freelancer or street am travel out
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by Orpe7(m): 5:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
logadims:
let me pray for both Graduates and Undergraduates: IN the midst of Job scarcity, You shall be favored. Your future is Bright.. For undergraduates; You shall not look for job, but jobs will look for you. and for everyone looking looking for a better job, you shall get it, in Jesus name, Amen. if you believe Like!!!!!!

After which you will pay all ur first salary as first fruit and give you 10% monthly salary abi na tithe grin
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by Orpe7(m): 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2017
glosplendid:
Am not a graduate yet..buh am planning on buying/giving out a car for hire purchase this year..so that when I might have graduated next year..i won't be depending on govt work..infact I wana be a boss of my own..from now till when I graduate...I am aiidy planning my life....

How clean is the car, is it a car good enough for uber? If so i think thats your best option. But the dude gotta be trustworthy o

1 Like

Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by NevetsIbot(m): 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
Dpredictor:
What the plans for the future? let ask again. Do you remember the question “Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years” that you felt Human Resource Managers ask just to destabilize us during job interviews? Please listen, it isn’t just that.

I understand that 5 years is too small in this country to make any meaningful impact in the life of any graduate.

I understand that 5 years in this country could mean working for 10 different organizations – no time to settle and carve out a career path.

I know that 5 years might mean searching for a job for four years, only to use the remaining one year to start building up savings. I.e. if they even allow us last in the job without a sack or retrenchment letter on our desk.

I understand all these, but my question still stands; “what are your plans for the future”

Before you start mentioning “buying a new house, riding an expensive car, marrying the princess of England and others,” I want you to understand that plans are totally different from visions, aspirations and projections.

I might not have the liberty of explaining all these in details just for you, but you can go ahead to make some research and note down the difference between all of them.

Let me come down a little bit for those who might have gotten lost along the line. My question is “What are you doing or thinking of doing that will give you the freedom to ride an expensive car, marry a beautiful wife, travel around the world in style, and finally become a big name in your town or country”

Vision is the end product of the plans that are being put in place. Plans are the means to achieve your visions.

Dear graduate, you remember as a kid when they told us that “our beautiful future lies in our hands?”

I never understood the meaning till now, till I ended up telling my From Jobless Graduate to Plenty Job Offers . I am pretty sure that most of us don’t either. In simple terms, they meant that “our future is only dependent on what we create and how we create it”. This simply means that right now, our future is still blank, waiting for us to create it before walking into it.

Let me not digress further; you are probably done with your university education without a job, still in the university, or a young working graduate. The question still remains “What are the plans for your future?”

The odds might be against you now; but what are you doing to make sure that sooner or later that the odds favor you.

The future is in your hands!

What plans are you making to succeed? What skills are you acquiring to become the next big thing? What are the sacrifices you are putting in place to make sure that you have a bountiful harvest?

Several times I see young people without skills take up low paying jobs, making a ‘sacrifice’ of living within their means monthly as they pray for something better to come their way. The painful truth is that saving your monthly stipends will get you nowhere. You need extra sources of income – only rendering services through a skill acquired can give you that liberty.

What skills do you have? What skills are you acquiring? What plans are you making for your future?

I know you love your current job so much, or maybe you don’t. If there are no concrete plans for the future, the advancements in life are going to hit you and sweep you off like a tornado.

Now you know all these, what plans are you making to succeed?

Source: http://topwritersden.com/plans-for-the-future-dear-graduates/

thanks for this article. I really needed it. I'm pregnant with ideas tho..... and one is in real estate. I'm currently reading books on investments and starting a business. Imma launch into phase one of my plans in a year

2 Likes

Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by NevetsIbot(m): 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
Essentials1:

nice analysis Bro. I was about to say that.

best thing the op can do is to create a product that can aid his starch and iron business and patent it..... that way.. he'll make money from anyone who copies him
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by RIPEnglish: 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
Medicalcomedian:
with this english even satan cant help you
I knowed Satan can not & will never helped me cuz I am for God. okay?
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by Apina(m): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2017
Dem dey plan anything for inside this country? Even federal government no get plan after two years............Abeg I dey warri dey find work o
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by Xerox01(m): 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
Orestino:
Well I'm still an undergraduate... Let me just book this space cool
Bro I catch you!!! popoola
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by mikejj(m): 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
its to sad that our school system teaches us how to work for money,but they don't teach us how make money work for us.your true education start when you leave school
Re: Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? by Eeroh95(m): 6:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
RIPEnglish:
I will liked to builded good school hostels in the school of village. Also i will liked to did some agriculturing business & finally to also buyed many taxi cabs & leased it out to people so i can be collected money delivering every day single. God help me.
your moniker says it all

I hail cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does It Cost To Write ICAN Exams From PE1 To PE2 ? / Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? / 5 Classes Of People To Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.