Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland (4709 Views)

Seun This Is The Right Time For You To Do Give Away On Nairaland / Seyi Makinde: I Used Carrots, Vitamin C, Blackseed Oil, Honey To Fight COVID-19 / Seun, This New Look Make Sense Oo.. Give Us Dislike Button (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Basing it on likes will solve nothing. The haters will simply like each others comments as is the practise now and be let free. Basing it on quality of comments will solve nothing too because the persons assessing it, I mean the members are supportive of their respective arguments. I strongly believe that he knows what to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Wow... See who's talking grin
Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by OAUTemitayo: 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
The chief bigot is talking.....

2 Likes

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by kn23h(m): 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
GMBuhari:

To further boost your point , some months I uploaded a photo depicting flat head I got banned for 3 weeks today hardly is there a thread where you don't find images with tribal mark depicting afonja if you type flat-ino or flat-head together without hyphen it changes to Ibo, type afonja till infinity it doesn't change

Yoruba and pro Buhari nairalanders are on ban tl 2027 and this is not blackmail I have records of messages I've sent as mails to moderators

At a point I gathered all evidence and sent it to seun himself but the users are documented the expose about are still active and still cloning legitimate users and when they do they ban the real user of that profile and destroy the person's image before he resumes from ban I have friends who got tired of NL and the unfair moderating system , I myself may be logged in but I'm not a troll I don't go looking for trouble

. All these is just a waste of effort I know they won't change anything but in all fairness I'm putting it out here

They want to frustrate pro-Yoruba posters on this forum so that flat heads can run amok. I've noticed the same thing you're saying here.

Who told you that Seuun wants to fight tribalism? That's his daily bread. It's rather unfortunate that he's doing it at the detriment of his own people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Tolexander:
common man grin

You have forgotten that we were all in the game together then gringringrin
cheesy
Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
OAUTemitayo:

Coming from the king of Bigotry himself.
When you think you have seen all....

I ask again, what's wrong with a bigot sharing ideas on how to curb bigotry??

If Evans were to hold a conference or seminar on "Solving Kidnapping in Nigeria", won't you attend or at least listen to him?

2 Likes

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by GMBuhari: 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
NL will never remain the same until tribalism is nipped

Even you feel it's gotten out of hand
Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by kn23h(m): 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
gbosaa:

Afam is an Igboist not a tribalist.

Igboist?

Omo shut up.

Afam is a tribalist. Why seun made him a mod is still beyond me.

1 Like

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
GMBuhari:

Even you feel it's gotten out of hand
Honestly, the level of intellectual discussed has not only diminished but it has been almost eroded.

1 Like

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by OAUTemitayo: 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
gbosaa:

If Evans were to hold a conference or seminar on "Solving Kidnapping in Nigeria", won't you attend or at least listen to him?
He should keep it to himself.
Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by gmaribel(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
Seun try implementing these.

Phone Number Verification for all accounts.

Grading of topics that make it to the FP. eg Very Sensitive, Sensitive, General etc

Only those who have built up a Reputation should be allowed to comment on sensitive topics or those who haven't yet built up a reputation shuld have their comments screened and approved by a MOD before it is allowed to appear on a topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
The chief bigot is talking.....

shocked

Did Afam really wrote that??

That statement might have influenced Buhari's '97 and 5% statement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by GMBuhari: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
kn23h:

They want to frustrate pro-Yoruba posters on this forum so that flat heads can run amok. I've noticed the same thing you're saying here.

Who told you that Seuun wants to fight tribalism? That's his daily bread. It's rather unfortunate that he's doing it at the detriment of his own people.

It's a shame really the person who invited me to NL dabull quit using nairaland since his unfair ban became a weekly thing, today he doesn't want anything to do with nairaland, he even developed an app that blocks or reroutes any NL link and this is someone who has been a member since 2009 or so , a time will come when people will say there was a site called nairaland but unfortunately........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by kn23h(m): 8:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
GMBuhari:

It's a shame really the person who invited me to NL dabull quit using nairaland since his unfair ban became a weekly thing, today he doesn't want anything to do with nairaland, he even developed an app that blocks or reroutes any NL link and this is someone who has been a member since 2009 or so , a time will come when people will say there was a site called nairaland but unfortunately........

I feel am.

This forum is now for jobless ipod yoot and uneducated people who don't want serious discussions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by GMBuhari: 8:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
gmaribel:
Phone Number Verification for all accounts.

Grading of topics that make it to the FP. eg Very Sensitive, Sensitive, General etc

Only those who have built up a Reputation should be allowed to comment on sensitive topics or those who haven't yet built up a reputation shuld have their comments screened and approved by a MOD before it is allowed to appear on a topic.

Even Facebook age verification has been suggested since over 2 years by some friends Eben myself.

Ever since May 2015 number of under age immature users have increased exponentially and they are the ones wrecking havoc to NL's reputation
Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by OAUTemitayo: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
gbosaa:

shocked

Did Afam really wrote that??

That statement might have influenced Buhari's '97 and 5% statement.
Another Hypocrite showing his face.
Buhari's statement after becoming President in 2015 elections influenced Afam4eva statement when Jonathan was still in power?
How low can you bend?
Just negodu

1 Like

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by GMBuhari: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Honestly, the level of intellectual discussed has not only diminished but it has been almost eroded.

It was bound to happen
Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by GMBuhari: 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
kn23h:

I feel am.

This forum is now for jobless ipod yoot and uneducated people who don't want serious discussions.
embarassed
Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Another Hypocrite showing his face.
Buhari's statement after becoming President in 2015 elections influenced Afam4eva statement when Jonathan was still in power?
How low can you bend?
Just negodu

Read my post again Afonja conehead.

Ewu, I wasn't defending Afam. Go back and read my comment. I think you are very hyper this night.Allow your hydraulic soup to settle properly before you read my comment again.

6 Likes

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by OAUTemitayo: 8:53pm On Aug 17, 2017
gbosaa:

Read my post again Afonja conehead.

Ewu, I wasn't defending Afam. Go back and read my comment. I think you are very hyper this night.Allow your hydraulic soup to settle properly before you read my comment again.
I said it...
You people cannot change.
If you don't change, how can Afam4eva the chief bigot change?

6 Likes

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by gmaribel(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
Even while trying to address the problem raised by the OP some are here still throwing shades at themselves.
Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by Deedeedee5: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
kn23h:

Afam4eva, you yourself are a tribalist. You're not holy.

We can start by

1. Not moving Biafra thread to homepage - let them discuss Biafra on BiafraSay. That thread ends up being anti-Yoruba because your people can't do without mentioning Yorubas as if we're holding them down with chains.

2. Stop being partial. You get banned for saying 'osu', but you get frontpage for screaming 'afonja'

3. You get banned for posting anti-ibo pictures, but anti-Yoruba pictures get likes.

While you were a mod, a terrible one at that, you and that tout in cultural section, did nothing to end tribalism. You fed it. Now after firing you, you want us to sympathize with you abi? I noticed that you've been groveling for the past couple of months. Pele.

You were able to comment on Yoruba/Biafra matter, while Mynd44 was reprimanded for the same thing.

Check all the sections they made Ibos a mod. Seuun just let these people mess up his forum.
Ori e wambe

1 Like

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by markfemisgay: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nairaland is tribalism and tribalism is Nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
OAUTemitayo:

I said it...
You people cannot change.
If you don't change, how can Afam4eva the chief bigot change?

Really?

Someone sarcastically wrote that Afam's post during GEJ's govt might have influenced Buhari's speech about 97 and 5% but your bias and rush to counter and argue with a Igbo prevented you from seeing the difference between ' influenced Buhari's speech' and 'influenced BY Buhari's speech' !!

What kind of dinner do people like you eat in that wasteside??

6 Likes

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by OAUTemitayo: 9:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
gbosaa:

Really?

Someone sarcastically wrote that Afam's post during GEJ's govt might have influenced Buhari's speech about 97 and 5% but your bias and rush to counter and argue with a Igbo prevented you from seeing the difference between ' influenced Buhari's speech' and 'influenced BY Buhari's speech' !!

What kind of dinner do people like you eat in that wasteside??
Just negodu and get out of my mentions.

3 Likes

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
OAUTemitayo:

Just negodu and get out of my mentions.

See how you people give silly answers to otherwise easy and simple questions?

One of your conehead brothers called me 'omo'. My name is not 'Omo' and I can't remember the last time I used omo detergent to do my laundry...Bewarned before I add more water to your hydraulic soup.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
Any attempt to reduce tribalism or to compromise the anonymity enjoyed on nairaland would only see to its rapid demise.

Rather than bend to the pressures of Law enforcement, politically correct leftist elements and hypocritical pacifists, I suggest that seun takes this site higher by ensuring that the liberty of members be made legally binding through well knot legal safe guards which ensure that even the authorities are not able to make seun divulge members' information (something like the Swiss banking laws).

Another suggestion is for seun or notorious members (like myself) to employ the use of tor services to hide our i.p addresses through the use of the onion server (tor). All these measures are to enable this site remain the fons et erigo in Africa irrespective of its notoriety as it relates to hate speech. (Taking into account the recent desire of the feds to clamp down on what they term hate speech).

Seun, if the people of Nigeria cannot air their views online, you would have failed in your responsibility to be one of the guardians of a constitutionally guaranteed right. I do hope for the sake of this very important site for the majority of Nigerians and Africans at large, that you heed to my advice.

The site is a legacy that has gone beyond you.

NB: Don't ever think of clamping down on tribalism on this board. It is the real way we feel about ourselves in this country.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by markfemisgay: 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
Alcatraz005:
Any attempt to reduce tribalism or to compromise the anonymity enjoyed on nairaland would only see to its rapid demise.

Rather than bend to the pressures of Law enoforcement, politically correct leftist elements and hypocritical pacifists, I suggest that seun takes this site higher by ensuring that the liberty of members be made legally binding through well knot legal safe guards which ensure that even the authorities are not able to make seun divulge members' information (something like the Swiss banking laws).

Another suggestion is for seun or notorious members (like myself) to employ the use of tor services to hide our i.p addresses through the use of the onion server (tor). All these measures are to enable this site remain the fons et erigo in Africa irrespective of its notoriety as it relates to hate speech. (Taking into account the recent desire of the feds to clamp down on what they term hate speech).

Seun, if the people of Nigeria cannot air their views online, you would have failed in your responsibility to be one of the guardians of constitutionally guaranteed right. I do hope for the sake of this very important site for the majority of Nigerians and Africans at large, that you heed to my advice.

NB: Don't ever think of clamping down on tribalism on this board. It is the real way we feel about ourselves in this country.

Thank you.
Well said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by MalcoImX: 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
gbosaa:

Attend and you get kidnapped. I won't attend. I'd rather they shot him.
Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by ideynl1: 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
YobaNationalist:
THIS IS THE TRUE FLAG OF YOBALAND

You lie. Attached below is the real flag

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by IgbotiicGirL(f): 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
Trash

This is trash

Tribalism continue pls

Afonjas have to pay for their sins

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News : YPP Wins Anambra South Senatorial Seat Defeat Andy Uba APC / A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo / How Much Tax Do We Pay On Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.