Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? (14711 Views)

Today Is World Atheist Day. NL Atheists How Did You Celebrate? / I Am No Longer A Theist / Atheists How Is This Possible.(Viewers Discretion is Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Felixomor and kingebukasblog please Abeg ejoor help me educate this man about his atheist creed which says you cannot use a negative to prove a positive cheesy

He says God is man's idea which is a positive to him and I said he should prove it because it's a negative to me and now he wants me to use my negative to prove his positive.

Why and how do they forget the tools of their arguments when arguing with theists especially when same parameters are used for them?

Plus proof does not necessarily need to be demonstrated in a specific way (according to dalaman) so I am vindicated. grin

Where is your evidence for your claim. You admitted you made a claim after I did mine bla bla bla. Where is the evidence for it? Did you just make an empty claim as usual?
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

Where did I say it? You are to show me where I said it instead of typing gibberish away.

Even my own comment you no fit grab. I said when things are thrown into the fray (you do not understand) I said it must catch big meat (you did not understand)

Now in ignorance you are asking me to show you what did not catch you but still caught you?

grin grin

I knew you would not understand. cheesy
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Even my own comment you no fit grab. I said when things are thrown into the fray (you do not understand) I said it must catch big meat (you did not understand)

Now in ignorance you are asking me to show you what did not catch you but still caught you?

grin grin

I knew you would not understand. cheesy

I do not understand you is the escape route you wanna take abi? You clearly stated that I said the bible is of divine origin and all I did was ask you to show me. You can't because you lied.

1 Like

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

Where is your evidence for your claim. You admitted you made a claim after I did mine bla bla bla. Where is the evidence for it? Did you just make an empty claim as usual?

As usual how? Have I made any claims before? Leeches must be feasting on your brain Dullardman.

Even if I made a claim after you made yours, the point is that it was after yours was made. According to the law I am innocent because I do not need to provide any evidence to my claim especially if you fail to provide any to yours as the one who first made a claim.

So in a nutshell it's ruled a mistrial!

You goofed! grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Of course, cos it has failed repeatedly using the guidelines in its fictional handbook called the Bible, if something has failed so many times, its failure becomes abundant in my "heart" so I can then say that there's no god.

Says the guy who believes the previous universe before this one took the form of the avengers .Laughable!

Atheists : This universe has a beginning but that could mean the universe existed in different forms in the past before this one

Me : Oh yes , the universe was in the form of the avengers before this one. The 345 5847 886th form of the universe was a Catfish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

I do not understand you is the escape route you wanna take abi? You clearly stated that I said the bible is of divine origin and all I did was ask you to show me. You can't because you lied.

Mogbe! He still does not understand "fray" and "catch big meat".

This guy would walk into a trap with his eyes wide open and not even realise it was a trap after being caught by same trap.

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Mogbe! He still does not understand "fray" and "catch big meat".

This guy would walk into a trap with his eyes wide open and not even realise it was a trap after being caught by same trap.

grin grin

All this will not help you here. Just admit that you lied and move along.
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Says the guy who believes the previous universe before this one took the form of the avengers .Laughable!

Atheists : This universe has a beginning but that could mean the universe existed in different forms in the past before this one

Me : Oh yes , the universe was in the form of the avengers before this one. The 345 5847 886th form of the universe was a Catfish

The universe took the form of the avengers? WTF!

What this from that thread filled with his fantasy multiverse rubbish?

grin
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by felixomor: 4:17pm On Aug 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

LMAO grin
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

As usual how? Have I made any claims before? Leeches must be feasting on your brain Dullardman.

Even if I made a claim after you made yours, the point is that it was after yours was made. According to the law I am innocent because I do not need to provide any evidence to my claim especially if you fail to provide any to yours as the one who first made a claim.

So in a nutshell it's ruled a mistrial!

You goofed! grin

I provided evidence for mine. You refused to accept it. You claimed you wanted specific evidence . I asked you to provide the specific evidence and you still ran away. Provide the pictures and dates you were provided with as proof before accepting your beliefs. I need to see the so that I can be able to provide you with same. You should be able to do that since it's you that is making the request. I just need an example from you.
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

All this will not help you here. Just admit that you lied and move along.

On the contrary you are confused so will only see lies when I clearly said "thrown in the fray and will catch big meat". You could not for once think straight in order to understand why my use of such expression.

Just admit you are Dull with a capital D for Dullardman.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by BlueAngel444: 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

So God has wisdom and you are the one speaking about it. Why should you be the one speaking about the wisdom [/b]of an omni max entity? My friend you better stop smoking that wee wee. I don't even know what to make of the rest of the nonsense you wrote up there. Just stop smoking that wee wee.

Because I know it. You cannot know the Father if you do not know the son

Your ears are deaf to hear and mind clouded to see.

Speaking [b]about
a thing is different than speaking for it.

We are both sinners, the only difference is GRACE, that's why HE REVEALS IT TO ME

Not be because am better than you, I was more foolish, more scared, more deceived and I definitely hated God more than you did, see more deaths, had failures, sickness and pleasures, self righteous and perfect.

SO WHY ME, FAVOR FOUND ME and my joy and peace isn't determined by this life, to love not because am loved, to give not because I have. To have purpose far beyond my own life touching lives and adding more value because God loves people that I want to hate

He is merciful, He is kind but He is a consuming fire burning all evil and sin
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

I provided evidence for mine. You refused to accept it. You claimed you wanted specific evidence . I asked you to provide the specific evidence and you still ran away. Provide the pictures and dates you were provided with as proof before accepting your beliefs. I need to see the so that I can be able to provide you with same. You should be able to do that since it's you that is making the request. I just need an example from you.

You need an example from me even after I clearly said I need names, dates and pictures? D for Dullardman you have exposed yourself enough.
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

On the contrary you are confused so will only see lies when I clearly said "thrown in the fray and will catch big meat". You could not for once think straight in order to understand why my use of such expression.

Just admit you are Dull with a capital D for Dullardman.

Where did I say the bible is of divine origin as you lied?

1 Like

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

You need an example from me even after I clearly said I need names, dates and pictures? D for Dullardman you have exposed yourself enough.

Sure you need to give me the ones you were provided with, since that is the only type.of evidence you want and will accept. The ones you were provided with before you believed are where?

1 Like

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

Where did I say the bible is of divine origin as you lied?

Make I help you before you kill yourself with high blood pressure.

fray
noun
a situation of intense competitive activity.

I mentioned about 4 extremely stupid comments you made which unknown to you made you a defender of theism even though you are an atheist and I threw in one in the fray.

You picked that one and did not deny the rest which I presented to show how stupid you are thereby proving you are Dull with a capital D for Dullardman. cheesy grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

Sure you need to give me the ones you were provided with, since that is the only type.of evidence you want and will accept. The ones you were provided with before you believed are where?

Abeg this guy zombification is beyond compare.

Picture get two again?
Dates no get numbers again?
Names no dey again?

Give me anyone. As long as they are verifiable (in accordance with the statutes of atheism) I am Okay with those.
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Make I help you before you kill yourself with high blood pressure.

fray
noun
a situation of intense competitive activity.

I mentioned about 4 extremely stupid comments you made which unknown to you made you a defender of theism even though you are an atheist and I threw in one in the fray.

You picked that one and did not deny the rest which I presented to show how stupid you are thereby proving you are Dull with a capital D for Dullardman. cheesy grin

That I did not deny them doesn't make them true. I chose to pick and respond to what ever I want. I just wanted to point out an obvious lie from you.

1 Like

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by 1Sharon(f): 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

So in your mind you have a sharp mind. grin grin. Abeg no make me spill my drink for body with laughter . Sharp mind indeed. grin grin.

CAPSLOCKED:

YOU'RE ATTACKING ME WITH F00LISHNESS

I SEE

I'LL STEP AWAY NOW BECAUSE I DIDN'T BARGAIN FOR THAT.

I'M WILLING TO DISCUSS FURTHER, WITH ONLY THE SENSIBLE PEOPLE OF NAIRALAND.

Hopefullandlord ignores that character, I suggest you do the same

Thread derailed and tainted angry
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Abeg this guy zombification is beyond compare.

Picture get two again?
Dates no get numbers again?
Names no dey again?

Give me anyone. As long as they are verifiable (in accordance with the statutes of atheism) I am Okay with those.

Where you provided with any before you believed? If yes then provide it. Provide the ones you were shown as poof before you believed since that is the only type of evidence you accept.

1 Like

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

That I did not deny them doesn't make them true. I chose to pick and respond to what ever I want. I just wanted to point out an obvious lie from you.

You could not deny them because you actually said them right here. Make I show you?
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by CatfishBilly: 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Of course, we are all projecting, since you're projecting that a generic god created the universe, I can also project that the universe has existed in several different forms, we both don't know is the bottom line.

I don't know why theists think that they own the monopoly on ideas of the origin of the universe.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

Where you provided with any before you believed? If yes then provide it. Provide the ones you were shown as poof before you believed since that is the only type of evidence you accept.

I wish you could see how stupid your comments are.

What in the hell has my beliefs got to do with you who made a claim without first asking for my belief?

What in the hell has any evidence or lack of I was shown got to do with you? Were you the one who showed or did not show me evidence?

You made an isolated claim when I said absolutely nothing and instead of backing your extraordinary claim with extraordinary evidence according to atheism you are on my case demanding I show you what he nothing to do with you or your personal claim.

You no well for real!

You even went ahead to declare that proof does not necessarily need to be demonstrated in a specific way in an attempt to avoid providing the specific evidence I asked for and here you are going against your own comment by demanding for specifics from me. grin grin

Send in your brain. You obviously are under utilising it. cheesy
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Of course, we are all projecting, since you're projecting that a generic god created the universe, I can also project that the universe has existed in several different forms, we both don't know is the bottom line.

I don't know why theists think that they own the monopoly on ideas of the origin of the universe.

Let me guess, Your multiverse theory which you went as far as vehemently citing unrealistic fantasy models was Sarcasm right? grin cheesy

Atheism has suffered in the hands of Nairaland atheists. grin
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by 1Sharon(f): 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
Thread tainted angry
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
1Sharon:

Hopefullandlord ignores that character, I suggest you do the same
Thread derailed angry

HAHA

THANKS FOR THE TIP. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by CatfishBilly: 4:48pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Let me guess, Your multiverse theory which you went as far as vehemently citing unrealistic fantasy models was Sarcasm right? grin cheesy

Atheism has suffered in the hands of Nairaland atheists. grin
I can still see that the fact you missed an obvious sarcastic post is still pinching you.

Sorry eh, apply some olive oil to your butt for the butthurt

2 Likes

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

I can still see that the fact you missed an obvious sarcastic post is still pinching you.

Sorry eh, apply some olive oil to your butt for the butthurt

Yep he says it was Sarcasm as expected when caught. Why am I not surprised?

Regarding being pained... Na na na not at all. Just shockingly satisfied that the results from you were as expected. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by CAPSLOCKED: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
LightandDarkness:

I felt this way several times when I was younger as well, I just ignored it and decided that it wasn't my place to question and just serve. I wonder how many theists feel this way as well

THE THING IS..

IT WAS DIFFICULT UNFRIENDING THE CHRISTIAN'S MOST POPULAR FRIEND; JESUS.
THE MORE YOU TRY TO QUESTION THE MOST OBVIOUS, UNREASONABLE, ILLOGICAL THINGS, THE GUILTIER YOU'LL FEEL BECAUSE OF THE "INDOCTRINATION " AND THE WAY ONE WAS BRAINWASHED AS A CHILD.

FROM DAY ONE ONE WAS TAUGHT TO THINK IN ONE PARTICULAR MANNER, TO RECITE THE SAME WORDS OF PRAYERS AND EVEN THE SAME SONGS.
BIBLES AND SACRAMENTALS ADORED ONE'S ROOM INSTEAD OF SCIENTIFIC, MIND DEVELOPING MATERIALS.

EVENINGS WERE SPENT KNEELING IN FRONT OF GIANT STATUES OF THE BLESSED MARY AND FAKE FLYING PEOPLE (ANGELS), WITH ROSARIES IN ONE'S HANDS....
WE WERE SCARED OF DEATH AND HELL AND TORTURE.. EVERYTHING WAS BASED ON FEAR AND FALSE PROMISES OF ENJOYMENT IN A BETTER PLACE FAR FROM HERE IF WE BEHAVE LIKE SHEEP WELL ENOUGH.

SO I KNOW HOW IT FEELS.

1 Like

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

THE THING IS..

IT WAS DIFFICULT UNFRIENDING THE CHRISTIAN'S MOST POPULAR FRIEND; JESUS.
THE MORE YOU TRY TO QUESTION THE MOST OBVIOUS, UNREASONABLE, ILLOGICAL THINGS, THE GUILTIER YOU'LL FEEL BECAUSE OF THE "INDOCTRINATION " AND THE WAY ONE WAS BRAINWASHED AS A CHILD.

FROM DAY ONE ONE WAS TAUGHT TO THINK IN ONE PARTICULAR MANNER, TO RECITE THE SAME WORDS OF PRAYERS AND EVEN THE SAME SONGS.
BIBLES AND SACRAMENTALS ADORED ONE'S ROOM INSTEAD OF SCIENTIFIC, MIND DEVELOPING MATERIALS.

EVENINGS WERE SPENT KNEELING IN FRONT OF GIANT STATUES OF THE BLESSED MARY AND FAKE FLYING PEOPLE (ANGELS), WITH ROSARIES IN ONE'S HANDS....
WE WERE SCARED OF DEATH AND HELL AND TORTURE.. EVERYTHING WAS BASED ON FEAR AND FALSE PROMISES OF ENJOYMENT IN A BETTER PLACE FAR FROM HERE IF WE BEHAVE LIKE SHEEP WELL ENOUGH.

SO I KNOW HOW IT FEELS.

Ahahahahahahahaha no wonder he said he was deeply religious..... grin

*typing like him* HE WAS CATHOLIC! THE MOST RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ON EARTH! VERY CEREMONIAL, VERY RITUALISTIC!

well for you, your atheism is understandable cheesy You never had any life. You were dead from the beginning. grin grin So it's only logical to continue in deadness which you were already accustomed to.

Quote me make Mary Statue which you once worshipped fall on you!
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by CAPSLOCKED: 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Ahahahahahahahaha no wonder he said he was deeply religious..... grin

*typing like him* HE WAS CATHOLIC! THE MOST RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ON EARTH! VERY CEREMONIAL, VERY RITUALISTIC!

well for you, your atheism is understandable cheesy You never had any life. You were dead from the beginning. grin grin So it's only logical to continue in deadness which you were already accustomed to.

Quote me make Mary Statue which you once worshipped fall on you!

OKAY.... CIRCUS MONKEY. ENJOY YOUR PARADE.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

OKAY.... CIRCUS MONKEY. ENJOY YOUR PARADE.

Imagine an atheist still calling a common Statue of Mary "THE BLESSED MARY".

Ol boy the fear must have been flogged and starved into you oo. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? / Pastor Benny Hinn Seriously Ill And Needs Our Prayers / COZA Port Harcourt OutReach Programme To The Less Privileged (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.