Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? (14671 Views)

Today Is World Atheist Day. NL Atheists How Did You Celebrate? / I Am No Longer A Theist / Atheists How Is This Possible.(Viewers Discretion is Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 11:45am On Aug 18, 2017
JackBizzle:

You are the one that believes that a being is up there that watches humans. I dont.

You need to show proof.

If we went to a court with our argument, the judge wiĺ conclude that there is no evidence to prove God exist.

I

Jumbo dumbo, you said if we went to court with an argument ba? The person who took us to court was dalaman when he claimed God was a man made idea and not me.

That very moment he dragged us to court. My opinions do not matter because I made none. His opinions matter because he made such a claim.

So a Judge would determine that he who made the claim should justify it with evidence.

Now he has been asked for specific proof and he ended up saying that "proof does not necessarily need to be demonstrated in a specific way". Thereby defending both atheists and theists unknowingly and any judge who sees this way of reasoning would call dalaman chronically stupid.
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 11:45am On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Kingebukasblog how do you cope with this fellow? I am witnessing goal post shifting happening live right here.

Dalaman what has my belief got to do with your claim? Did you ask for it before you made your claim? Besides your claim was purely atheistic so you do not need a theistic view before you can authenticate yours.

My opinion matters not here. Not even remotely. Your claim is all there is.

Names, pictures, dates! I dey wait.

Your beliefs have everything to do with the questions you are asking. I said that no God can be shown to exist on its own without human input. You disagreed and I told you to show me the God that exist on its own without human input and the belief system it created on its own. Then you went on a rant that I should provide pictures and dates for my assertion about God being a man made idea. Since I am discussing with you specifically then I will also want to know if you believe in God or not. If you do then you should also provide the picture evidence and dates you were provided with before you believe so that I can know the exact type of pictures and dates to give you. If you don't believe in God then move along.

Waiting for you to show me the God that exist on its own without human input and the belief system if created on its own which was the first question I asked you and also the picture evidence you were provided with before you believed. If you can't provide it then stop asking me to provide that which you can't. Because I asked you first.
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 11:47am On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

Your beliefs have everything to do with the questions you are asking. I said that no God can be shown to exist on its own without human input. You disagreed and I told you to show me the God that exist on its own without human input and the belief system it created on its own. Then you went on a rant that I should provide pictures and dates for my assertion about God being a man made idea. Since I am discussing with you specifically then I will also want to know if you believe in God or not. If you do then you should also provide the picture evidence and dates you were provided with before you believe so that I can know the exact type of pictures and dates to give you. If you don't believe in God then move along.

Waiting for you to show me the God that exist on its own without human input and the belief system if created on its own which was the first question I asked you and also the picture evidence you were provided with before you believed. If you can't provide it then stop asking me to provide that which you can't. Because I asked you first.

Cut to the chase Mr. You have nothing to back up your claims with Afterall according to you, "evidence does not necessarily need to be proven in a specific way". grin grin

I am sure if you look hard enough you would see the irony in those words of yours. cheesy cheesy
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 11:50am On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Jumbo dumbo, you said if we went to court with an argument ba? The person who took us to court was dalaman when he claimed God was a man made idea and not me.

That very moment he dragged us to court. My opinions do not matter because I made none. His opinions matter because he made such a claim.

So a Judge would determine that he who made the claim should justify it with evidence.

Now he has been asked for specific proof and he ended up saying that "proof does not necessarily need to be demonstrated in a specific way". Thereby defending both atheists and theists unknowingly and any judge who sees this way of reasoning would call dalaman chronically stupid.

I've already made my claims and provided evidence. All Gods are man made that is why there are many different Gods and religions created after different cultures. No God can be shown to exist on its own without human input. If you know any God that exist on its own without human input point and show it to us. It's very simple.
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 11:53am On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Cut to the chase Mr. You have nothing to back up your claims with Afterall according to you, "evidence does not necessarily need to be proven in a specific way". grin grin

I am sure if you look hard enough you would see the irony in those words of yours. cheesy cheesy

I have everything to back up my claim. No God can be shown to exist on its own without human input. If you know any God that exist on its own without human input point to it and the belief system it created on its own.

If you believe in God then show us the tangible evidence you were provided with before you accepted tell belief. If you can't then you shouldn't be asking me that nonsense.
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 11:55am On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

I've already made my claims and provided evidence. All Gods are man made that is why there are many different Gods and religions created after different cultures. No God can be shown to exist on its own without human input. If you know any God that exist on its own without human input point and show it to us. It's very simple.

It's obvious you cannot see your hypocrisy and error right before you.

Atheism is also man made that is why there are many variants of atheism. Can atheism exist on its own without human input?

You said God is a man made construct yet cannot show empirically, evidence supporting this claim but quickly said/inferred that "proof does not necessarily need to be demonstrated in a specific way" .

What you just did was to defend both theism and atheism in one fell swoop. You became prosecutor and defence at the same time and a judge would definitely call you stupid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Atheism is also man made that is why there are many variants of atheism. Can atheism exist on its own without human input?

You said God is a man made construct yet cannot show empirically, evidence supporting this claim but quickly said/inferred that "proof does not necessarily need to be demonstrated in a specific way" .

What you just did was to defend both theism and atheism in one fell swoop. You became prosecutor and defence at the same time and a judge would definitely call you stupid.

Of course atheism is a man made entity just like theism. On this thread you tried to mock an atheist for quoting from the bible a book written by humans and complained by humans through votes over a period of time. To you the bible a completely human made book is the word of some elusive God.

Evidence doesnt have to be demonstrated in a specific way. I asked you for the same evidence you are requesting from me but you ran away from it. Lets cut the chase from here was well. You are a God believer and a christian. Show me the pictures and dates about God that you were provided with as proof before you believed. I need them so that I will be able to provie you with what you want.

So provide me the pictures and dates that you were shown as proof that convinced you, since you refused to accept my evidence then I'll immediately provide you with the pictures dates and evidence that you want.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
LightandDarkness:

No true Scotsman?. Atheists are a global minority and were a global minority when world war 1 and 2 were fought, it wasn't an atheist who dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. This argument is outdated. For you when a person that identifies as Christian does something bad it's not because they are Christian, but for an atheist it's because of atheism?

Global what ?! Russia by 1910 before the Soviet Union had a population of about 160 million . The Soviet Union as an atheist state started by 1917 . What about other communist revolution in other nations after that period ?

Dont try to be funny with me here oo undecided

1 Like

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

Of course atheism is a man made entity just like theism.
On this thread you tried to mock an atheist for quoting from the bible a book written by humans and complained by humans through votes over a period of time. To you the bible a completely human made book is the word of some elusive God.

Evidence doesnt have to be demonstrated in a specific way.
I asked you for the same evidence you are requesting from me but you ran away from it. Lets cut the chase from here was well. You are a God believer and a christian. Show me the pictures and dates about God that you were provided with as proof before you believed. I need them so that I will be able to provie you with what you want.

So provide me the pictures and dates that you were shown as proof that convinced you, since you refused to accept my evidence then I'll immediately provide you with the pictures dates and evidence that you want.

Kingebukasblog he just buried his own case. grin grin

You guys must have been having some great fun with this particular atheist. He is dumb with a capital D for Dalaman. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

You guys must have been having some great fun with this particular atheist. He is dumb with a capital D for Dalaman. grin

grin grin grin

He killed himself with his own dagger . I wonder if he actually reads his own comments grin . They are so ridiculous cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Global what ?! Russia by 1910 before the Soviet Union had a population of about 160 million . The Soviet Union as an atheist state started by 1917 . What about other communist revolution in other nations after that period ?

Dont try to funny with me here oo undecided

Still a global minority?. plus not every atheist is a Marxist communist and not every communist is an atheist, there were atheists before and after communism
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin

He killed himself with his own dagger . I wonder if he actually reads his own comments grin . They are so ridiculous cheesy

I doubt if he reads them and even if he does I doubt he understands the far reaching implications they have.

He must have said "I would rather die can commit suicide". grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by BlueAngel444: 12:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
Atheists, godless or god-haters

Your foolish is your unavoidable confusion the moment you said in your heart their is no God in an attempt to be free of Him.

weldone, but first answer me this

Prove your existence based on agreeable facts you have discovered and not from anyone nor by believing what you've been told?(your ignorance is your arrogance in failing to admit that what you claim to know was told to you by another pitiable soul that knows not the truth - take it from a devil that became an angel!)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

This fool has just stated he believes in some experience (human imaginations) Is here talking thrash.

God is something that is based on BELIEF. it is not something that is based on anything tangible. Believe in God is not based on proof because there is none. You weren't provided with any tangible proof about the dead Jewish hippie before you foolishly believe that he created the universe or that he is coming back on a flying horse to send you and those that accept that made delusion into some imaginary heaven.

Why ask me for tangible proof over an idea that begins and ends with faith? We all know how your Jesus God idea started in history. It was completely a man made up idea. Men did everything from the formulating the stories, to the creation of the religion and it's theology and doctrines. You want pictures and proof. Ok provide the ones you were provided with that convinced you then I'll provide you with mine.

1 Like

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Excellent ! !!

You don kill am finally

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 12:26pm On Aug 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Excellent ! !!

You don kill am finally

He has no idea cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

This fool has just stated he believes in some experience (human imaginations) Is here talking thrash.

God is something that is based on BELIEF. it is not something that is based on anything tangible. Believe in God is not based on proof because there is none. You weren't provided with any tangible proof about the dead Jewish hippie before you foolishly believe that he created the universe or that he is coming back on a flying horse to send you and those that accept that made delusion into some imaginary heaven.

Why ask me for tangible proof over an idea that begins and ends with faith?
We all know how your Jesus God idea started in history. It was completely a man made up idea. Men did everything from the formulating the stories, to the creation of the religion and it's theology and doctrines. You want pictures and proof. Ok provide the ones you were provided with that convinced you then I'll provide you with mine.

Kingebukasblog he does it again!

Dalaman your case has been struck out already by your own hands. grin

If Christianity is faith based and you denounced it, how did you do this as well since you say you cannot provide empirical evidence? Is it also not via faith that you deny God or gods existence?

I need you to critically look at what I just wrote and tell me if I am wrong. Your very words show I am right because you rejected a faith based idea which you already assumed had no evidence yet you claimed God is a man made idea.

You are only digging the proverbial dagger deeper into your own heart with your own hands.

From prosecutor you became defence and now you have become a judge and jury.

Only you? cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by Zenithpeak(m): 12:49pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

If Christianity is faith based and you denounced it, how did you do this as well since you say you cannot provide empirical evidence? Is it also not via faith that you deny God or gods existence?

I need you to critically look at what I just wrote and tell me if I am wrong. Your very words show I am right because you rejected a faith based idea which you already assumed had no evidence yet you claimed God is a man made idea.

You are only digging the proverbial dagger deeper into your own heart with your own hands.

Only you? cheesy cheesy

Ignore the swine and she will behave herself!

They are looking an unsuspecting person that will enter into the gutter with them just like satan their father always seeking whom to devour.

Just live them alone, God has lost hope on them already.
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by GoodMuyis(m): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2017
Them atheist gathered together to party, they went forth drinking and talking, and as they were about to get drunk, here come a butterflylion that chase them into wilderness of tekoa

2 Likes

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Only you? cheesy cheesy

Christianity isn't faith based alone. It makes specific claims about the universe, history of humans, how the world will end and the reason why humans act in specific ways. It also claims that if you subscribe to the belief system there are things that you will do that will differentiate you from those that do not subscribe to the belief system. Saying that christianity is faith based alone is a copout. It is not. Christianity has a history. The only thing christianity has never provided is tangible evidence for its God. We can look at its claims and disprove it based on that.

For example it's history alone shows that it is a man made religion like all the others.

As for God being a man made idea, I've already provided you with evidence. There are many different Gods that humans have invented through out their history. You were indoctrinated and made to believe in just one out of the many. You weren't provided with any tangible evidence before you believed. You were only indoctrinated systematically to accept the teachings and doctrines of a man made religion. Christianity is a man made religion and that is a fact same with Islam, Taoism etc.

Faith is simply defined as deeply held beliefs based on convictions rather than proof. But it can be falsified. We can go to the bible and I will show you that some specific words/ claims of Jesus and the promises he made are NOT true. If I can do that then I have falsified the faith based claim. It's that simple.

When christian apologist try to defend christianity they don't use faith based arguments . They try to use convincing arguments and evidence to support their claims not faith based arguments because they know that faith based arguments are useless. It will not even convince them.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by CatfishBilly: 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

One confused one with the moniker catfishbilly while trying to defend his atheistic opinion on another thread had to quote from the Bible. He quoted from Mathew 7:6

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw pearls before swine ...."

I had to remind him that the swine there was actually referring to people like him (an atheist) and atheists do not run to the Bible for defence. Same thing they reject he ran to for assertion!
The Bible is a book of fiction, so I can quote from the Bible same way I can quote from Animal Farm.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
BlueAngel444:
Atheists, godless or god-haters

Your foolish is your unavoidable confusion the moment you said in your heart their is no God in an attempt to be free of Him.

weldone, but first answer me this

Prove your existence based on agreeable facts you have discovered and not from anyone nor by believing what you've been told?(your ignorance is your arrogance in failing to admit that what you claim to know was told to you by another pitiable soul that knows not the truth - take it from a devil that became an angel!)

Where is God?
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by dalaman: 1:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

The Bible is a book of fiction, so I can quote from the Bible same way I can quote from Animal Farm.

Yet of you tell him that he believes in the mythical and fictional writings of other humans he'll start crying baa, baa, meh, meh.

1 Like

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by felixomor: 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

OUTSTANDING !!! cool

1 Like

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by BlueAngel444: 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

Where is God?

Even if I told you, or went as far as taking you, would you even recognise Him and by what standard would you validate my claim

1 Like

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by OtemAtum: 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
Derailed thread undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Says the herbalist in medical scrubs. I bet you will also claim it was sarcasm ba? cheesy

There should be a book about you called "the many confused sides of catfishbilly, the herbalist! "
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 1:53pm On Aug 18, 2017
dalaman:

Christianity isn't faith based alone. It makes specific claims about the universe, history of humans, how the world will end and the reason why humans act in specific ways. It also claims that if you subscribe to the belief system there are things that you will do that will differentiate you from those that do not subscribe to the belief system. Saying that christianity is faith based alone is a copout. It is not. Christianity has a history. The only thing christianity has never provided is tangible evidence for its God. We can look at its claims and disprove it based on that.

For example it's history alone shows that it is a man made religion like all the others.

As for God being a man made idea, I've already provided you with evidence. There are many different Gods that humans have invented through out their history. You were indoctrinated and made to believe in just one out of the many. You weren't provided with any tangible evidence before you believed. You were only indoctrinated systematically to accept the teachings and doctrines of a man made religion. Christianity is a man made religion and that is a fact same with Islam, Taoism etc.

Faith is simply defined as deeply held beliefs based on convictions rather than proof. But it can be falsified. We can go to the bible and I will show you that some specific words/ claims of Jesus and the promises he made are NOT true. If I can do that then I have falsified the faith based claim. It's that simple.

When christian apologist try to defend christianity they don't use faith based arguments . They try to use convincing arguments and evidence to support their claims not faith based arguments because they know that faith based arguments are useless. It will not even convince them.

From saying Christianity is strictly faith based you are now saying Christianity is not faith based alone. cheesy cheesy

All you wrote up there are simply goalposts shifting.

You say so many conflating comments you do not even know when you fall off the bang wagon.

Your case keeps getting struck out with your own hands.

You are simply shouting Christianity is a man made religion and have forgotten so quickly that with your own words you also said atheism is a man made idea.

Obviously if Christianity is man made and you ran from it to atheism which you have confessed to also being man made and then claimed that atheism is right while Christianity is wrong when you claimed that both are man made then people need to check your level of sanity because your confusion is alarmingly shocking. grin

Kingebukasblog take note again!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by CatfishBilly: 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Says the herbalist in medical scrubs. I bet you will also claim it was sarcasm ba? cheesy

There should be a book about you called "the many confused sides of catfishbilly, the herbalist! "
Prove what I wrote wrong naa.
It's there. The Bible is a work of fiction, I can quote from it the same way I can quote from Animal Farm and the DaVinci Code.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Prove what I wrote wrong naa.
It's there. The Bible is a work of fiction, I can quote from it the same way I can quote from Animal Farm and the DaVinci Code.

Stop your bleating and go back to the thread you ran from and prove Your Own claim there.

https://www.nairaland.com/3983424/atheist-neurosurgeon-finds-god-after

You are here defending someone whose very comments show he is as confused as you are if not worse while you are yet to defend Your Own claims on another thread but chose to run away instead. cheesy
Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by CatfishBilly: 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2017
butterflylion:

Stop your bleating and go back to the thread you ran from and prove Your Own claim there.

https://www.nairaland.com/3983424/atheist-neurosurgeon-finds-god-after

You are here defending someone whose very comments show he is as confused as you are if not worse while you are yet to defend Your Own claims on another thread but chose to run away instead. cheesy
Defending who? Nigga I quoted you and made a statement, who am I defending?

Oh, comprehension problems. I get it.
And you want to discuss medicine when ordinary English dey hard you.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? by butterflylion: 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Defending who? Nigga I quoted you and made a statement, who am I defending?

Oh, comprehension problems. I get it.
And you want to discuss medicine when ordinary English dey you.

Doccy Alagbo, go and prove your claim on the other thread. We have heard you here but clicked on delete.

Where you would be taken into consideration is on the other thread after you must have shown us your pathophysiology for spontaneous remission of end stage cancer there as you claimed you had it.

Until then I repeat your comments are seen but deleted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What Are Your Reasons For Not Going To Church Today? / Benny Hinn In Lagos! (Videos) / Kumuyi Seeks Support For Church’s Plan To Check Unemployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.