Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. (19164 Views)

Today Is Stella Adadevoh's 63rd Posthumous Birthday / Google Honours Dr Ameyo Adadevoh With A Google Doodle On Her Birthday. / Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by cristianisraeli: 10:49pm On Aug 19, 2017
classicfrank4u:
how did dat Patrick Sawyer case ended sef?? is he still alive undecided

LOL..seriously man
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by Afamed: 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2017
cristianisraeli:

GEJ is still hero like it or not..ask the man in ivory coast that refused to concede..GEJ is still a hero..if he didnt concede..the blood and baboons abi how the mayor of london take talk am..lol..remember tompolo just got some gun ships back then...blood for flow pass wetin ebola for kill.like it or not GEJ will forever remain a hero
Perhaps Asernal Football clubs are also hero today for allowing premier league to award 3points to Stoke city, if not they should have gone on rampage. Kindly check your dictionary how the word * hero* is used and applied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by cristianisraeli: 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2017
Afamed:

Perhaps Asernal Football clubs are also hero today for allowing premier league to award 3points to Stoke city, if not they should have gone on rampage. Kindly check your dictionary how the word * hero* is used and applied.

i expect nothing more from ALFA AHMED..LOL..if the whole world knows GEJ is a great man and a hero..WHO U BI? clear road abeg!!!
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by ctex4real(m): 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2017
cristianisraeli:

LOL..seriously man
He has forgotten so soon. Thank God we were saved from that deadly disease. Rest on Dr Adadevoh, you remain our hero.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by Ebonka1: 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2017
cristianisraeli:
whats of the nurses?the pregnant nurse that lost her life as well?doctors always taking all the glory since BC..shout out to all the wonderful nurses out there minus the mean ones.lol..i know yall work hard.RIP to all those that died during the ebola kasala in nigeria.
bros you they harsh oh
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by cristianisraeli: 10:54pm On Aug 19, 2017
ctex4real:

He has forgotten so soon. Thank God we were saved from that deadly disease. Rest on Dr Adadevoh, you remain our hero.

dont forget the nurses as well
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by ekpnigeria: 10:54pm On Aug 19, 2017
True Hero. Rest in peace ma
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by cristianisraeli: 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
Ebonka1:
bros you they harsh oh

no oo..am just saying it like it is...DRs always like taking all the glory with all the bad hand writing and all that,they mostly sit in their AC office..nurses are the ones that take care of patients,i can go on and on..for those that have been to hospitals or have been admitted b4 will understand me better..all am saying is...MENTION THE NURSES PLUS ADA..THEY saved us all together..simple!!!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by JayB11(m): 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2017
Integrityfarms:
Why did she physically restrain him? Why not put him in lock and keys rather than making a body contact and risking her life?

Is the government taking care of her responsibilities and dependants?

Wisdom is profitable in all
U cant just sit down there and be imagining how the struggle took place.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 19, 2017
Great Woman.

May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

Amen.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by Afamed: 11:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
cristianisraeli:

i expect nothing more from ALFA AHMED..LOL..if the whole world knows GEJ is a great man and a hero..WHO U BI? clear road abeg!!!
This is my challenge with people like you. Learn the common usage of every English word. Instead of accepting your short coming, you have simply deviated from the line of arguments. What has some one who lost an election got to do with heroism. Perhaps we should have simply tagged Vladimir Klitschko as an hero because he lost and conceded defeat to Anthony . Until you move out of your shell, to see who are being referred and regarded as heroes and heroines in the outside world.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by Omoluabi16(m): 11:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
To Dr Adadevoh and her team of nurses, we remember your sacrifice today. Your families should be proud. Rest on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by cristianisraeli: 11:10pm On Aug 19, 2017
Afamed:

This is my challenge with people like you. Learn the common usage of every English word. Instead of accepting your short coming, you have simply deviated from the line of arguments. What has some one who lost an election got to do with heroism. Perhaps we should have simply tagged Vladimir Klitschko as an hero because he lost and conceded defeat to Anthony .

u are a bigger mumu than i tot...LET IT SINK INSIDE UR WATERY BRAIN...GEJ WOULD FOREVER BE A HERO...keep talking like someone on CRACK!!!..i gave u an example of the man in ivory coast ok what of the gambian man...alfa amhed clear road and then park well..u no get talk..
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by cristianisraeli: 11:11pm On Aug 19, 2017
Omoluabi16:
To Dr Adadevoh and her team of nurses, we remember your sacrifice today. Your families should be proud. Rest on.

NICE ONE MAN..i like this above

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by Afamed: 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
cristianisraeli:

u are a bigger mumu than i tot...LET IT SINK INSIDE UR WATERY BRAIN...GEJ WOULD FOREVER BE A HERO...keep talking like someone on CRACK!!!..i gave u an example of the man in ivory coast ok what of the gambian man...alfa amhed clear road and then park well..u no get talk..
I will not descend so low like you in a public forum like this.
Like I earlier schooled you, until you move away from your village, to see who are being recognised and referred to as an heroes in the outside world. Remain the king amongst the blinds.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by cristianisraeli: 11:26pm On Aug 19, 2017
Afamed:

I will not descend so low like you in a public forum like this.
Like I earlier schooled you, until you move away from your village, to see who are being recognised and referred to as an heroes in the outside world. Remain the king amongst the blinds.

mumu boy think say i day for sokoto like u...repeat every morning when u wake up...GEJ WOULD FOREEVER BE A HERO...

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
We will forever be grateful to Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh for her heroics that kept thousands of Nigerians alive. If Sawyer had reached Calabar we would have faced a nightmare.

Thank you for putting your life on the line to save the country.

My heart goes to all those who died during the nightmare. To those who helped during the struggle. The doctors, nurses and health workers. To the drivers who helped victims and those who submitted themselves for quarantine.

Finally the husband of the pregnant nurse who died. Watching and caring for his wife when she was quarantined and risking contracting Ebola to care for his dying wife and child.

You all are heroes. God bless you forever.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by Afamed: 11:32pm On Aug 19, 2017
cristianisraeli:

mumu boy think say i day for sokoto like u...repeat every morning when u wake up...GEJ WOULD FOREEVER BE A HERO...
As long as you can refer to your Uncle as Mumu, no problem. Like I earlier educated you, go outside world and see who are daily referred to as heroines and heroes.Until then , remain under the abode of your guidance.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by Odunharry(m): 11:37pm On Aug 19, 2017
Continue to R. I. P Stella Adadevoh.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by cristianisraeli: 11:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
Afamed:

As long as you can refer to your Uncle as Mumu, no problem. Like I earlier educated you, go outside world and see who are daily referred to as heroines and heroes.Until then , remain under the abode of your guidance.

uncle mumu continue to display ur mumu...educate ur self first...u think say u go school...oya ton be!!!
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by cristianisraeli: 11:42pm On Aug 19, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
We will forever be grateful to Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh for her heroics that kept thousands of Nigerians alive. If Sawyer had reached Calabar we would have faced a nightmare.

Thank you for putting your life on the line to save the country.

My heart goes to all those who died during the nightmare. To those who helped during the struggle. The doctors, nurses and health workers. To the drivers who helped victims and those who submitted themselves for quarantine.

Finally the husband of the pregnant nurse who died. Watching and caring for his wife when she was quarantined and risking contracting Ebola to care for his dying wife and child

You all are heroes. God bless you forever.

NICE!!!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by anuoluwapo884(m): 11:58pm On Aug 19, 2017
I began to worry about how we adore our Hero am sure if it was just Ghana down the street they might have honor her like declaring a day as a public holiday in her memory. She saved a lot 4 us we are forever grateful continue to rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by steric58(m): 12:04am On Aug 20, 2017
cristianisraeli:

no oo..am just saying it like it is...DRs always like taking all the glory with all the bad hand writing and all that,they mostly sit in their AC office..nurses are the ones that take care of patients,i can go on and on..for those that have been to hospitals or have been admitted b4 will understand me better..all am saying is...MENTION THE NURSES PLUS ADA..THEY saved us all together..simple!!!
bro thanks for the recognition you are giving the Nurses, Nigeria are so myopic about this, the Late Nurse decide some recognition as well, as far as health institution is concern no one is superior to the other doctors are not superior to Nurses they are health team one cannot function without the other.# RIP TO THOSE SELFLESS NIGERIANS HEALTH TEAM THAT LOST THEIR LIVES

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by davidif: 12:07am On Aug 20, 2017
MrHistorian:
This Woman bravely intercepted the Ebola virus from getting infiltrated into the Nigerian populace.

If She had not doggedly done what she did and that Liberian man contacts a Fulani/Hausa man in Lagos...We are done in Nigeria!! grin grin grin

BTW...I expected the Nigerian State to confer her with the National honour award.

We can't keep offering National Honour to actors/actresses who have done nothing for the development of the Country. undecided undecided undecided

RIP cry

Man, just the thought of Ebola hitting naija is just flat out scary. Thank God the govt hospitals were on strike so that they were able to take Patrick Sawyer to Mrs. Adedevoh's private clinic and who was able to properly diagnose him with Ebola. If he had ended up in a public hospital, the consequences could have been absolutelt devastating. It could have been like a plague.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by cristianisraeli: 12:15am On Aug 20, 2017
steric58:
bro thanks for the recognition you are giving the Nurses, Nigeria are so myopic about this, the Late Nurse decide some recognition as well, as far as health institution is concern no one is superior to the other doctors are not superior to Nurses they are health team one cannot function without the other.# RIP TO THOSE SELFLESS NIGERIANS HEALTH TEAM THAT LOST THEIR LIVES

yes man one team!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by dreamangel: 12:47am On Aug 20, 2017
As long as there is a Nigeria this woman should never be forgotten. This is what it means to be a human being and a patriot. Rip to her

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by desy24444(m): 6:49am On Aug 20, 2017
cristianisraeli:

u day there when the thing happen?mr tonye u again..this one no be apda abi ddoa matter o..LOL..people are not talking about the nurses and it makes me sick to my stomach..the nurse just got married and she was pregnant and she died..she was with ADA...people need to talk about them but no DR DR DR DR DR...always taking all the glory..

abeg oo..this mayor of london way just return to naija yesterday..he still refused to declare him asset..LOL..the thing taya me o
are you surprise? That is Nigeria(zoo) for you. They have placed one above others so they give them the glory while others do the work. Nonsense. Rip to all the doc, nurses, ward orderlines and others that took the fall for the country. May God continue to console your families
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:10am On Aug 20, 2017
desy24444:
are you surprise? That is Nigeria(zoo) for you. They have placed one above others so they give them the glory while others do the work. Nonsense. Rip to all the doc, nurses, ward orderlines and others that took the fall for the country. May God continue to console your families

Nobody is placing one above the other. Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh deserves the Special praise because:

She was the one who suspected Sawyer to have Ebola.

She called the nurses she worked with and alerted them of the situation.

She decided to quarantine Sawyer and advised the nurses to avoid human contact until it is confirmed if Sawyer had Ebola.

She made the contact with the Doctor who flew with Sawyer's blood for testing.

She also restricted the nurses from further contact and did most of the attending to Sawyer.

She also refused to release him despite pressure from the presidency of Liberia and had to physically restrain him when he wanted to force his way out of hospital with his blood spilling on her.

There were many heroes in the Nigerian Ebola fight but Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh deserves special praise.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by HaneefahRN(f): 7:14am On Aug 20, 2017
RIP Nurse Justina Ejelonu. A young vibrant nurse who died while pregnant. You might not get the recognition you deserve but we remember you always.

RIP Dr. Adadevoh
RIP every Dr, Nurse and every other person who lost their lives as a result of the Ebola outbreak.
You were heroes and we appreciate you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by amliftedhigher: 8:13am On Aug 20, 2017
My question is if this virus has entered our Northern brothers in Lagos, how, were and how do we curb it?
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by cristianisraeli: 9:06am On Aug 20, 2017
HaneefahRN:
RIP Nurse Justina Ejelonu. A young vibrant nurse who died while pregnant. You might not get the recognition you deserve but we remember you always.

RIP Dr. Adadevoh
RIP every Dr, Nurse and every other person who lost their lives as a result of the Ebola outbreak.
You were heroes and we appreciate you.

thank u very much for this..i was listening on one FM back then i cant remember and thats y i can never forget the nurse..infact that was her first day at work when the yeye liberian man was brought in.thanks again..
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Pay Tribute To Stella Adadevoh On Her Third Year Death Anni. by Koskio(m): 9:11am On Aug 20, 2017
May God continue to grant the soul of this selfless lady and that of every other hero that mitigated the spread of the virus in Nigeria eternal rest. We can't thank you and your colleagues enough, ma

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Out Of 3 Suspected Coronavirus Cases Negative - Osagie Ehanire Health Minister / Health Min. Onyebuchi Chukwu Deserves Commendation For His Fight Against Ebola. / Help! Addiction Has Taken Everything...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.