Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1513508 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 9:30am On Sep 26, 2017
codeworks:

CRS was 199 points on May 2017 and we have 60,000 people in the pool. they need about 120,000 people to fill in every year

The 199 points draw in May was program-specific and applied ONLY to Federal Skilled Trades candidates in the pool. If they try it with FSW, pool for don dry up since.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 9:34am On Sep 26, 2017
I am not even sure I get what you are missing.
Payment page is part of the next/proceed icon when you register. So you are actually yet to complete registration if you are yet to get to that final page showing your amount summary/ payment page and generate reference number.
So where and how did you register?
lovetree:
Please people....good morning. How do I pay for WES Pls. I have registered and all but can't find any link for payment . I'm sure I'm missing something ......pls help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dammiehar(f): 9:54am On Sep 26, 2017
cheapphones:
Please this question is for ppl that payed any fees recently with gtbank card, either naira or dollar card. How much were you charged to a CAD from naira/USD??

From naira, it was 305, and that was yesterday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cheapphones: 10:00am On Sep 26, 2017
Dammiehar:

Thanks. Anyone has the USD rate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Justiyke4u: 10:20am On Sep 26, 2017
IQAS received my documents since 31st of August 2017 but I have heard from them since then is this still normal? Or I should call them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 2abet(m): 10:20am On Sep 26, 2017
etx rocks!made a transcript order september 19, 2017 and the transcript got to delivered on september 26,2017! super fast!! 7 days!! WES over to you o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 26, 2017
Justiyke4u:
IQAS received my documents since 31st of August 2017 but I have heard from them since then is this still normal? Or I should call them

I think your answer can be found in the screenshot as regards processing times....hang in,it's almost there

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mavor: 10:37am On Sep 26, 2017
Guys please I need your advise. So I'm new to this Canada immigration thing. I have already applied via WES for a Transcript & B.SC certificate review. I have already paid WES and my school has sent the transcript and a copy of my B.Sc cert. I have IELTS scheduled for 14th Oct.

My question to you all is this; (1) What next should I do? What are the next steps in the process? How do I initiate the actual application process with Immigration Canada? Note that I am doing this on my own without using any immigration lawyer or 3rd party. (2) How long does it take WES complete their evaluation and what next is WES meant to do? Also please explain some of the immigration lingua I see on this thread - ITA, AOR, CSE, CIC, PPR, etc.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by irewole1: 10:48am On Sep 26, 2017
It is Two or more certificates, diploma or degrees and sometimes it is grouped with Bachelor for some Provinces

Kenon1:

Please if WES evaluates ND as 2 years Diploma and HND as 3 years Diploma + 1 year post Graduration certificate,in order to claim points for education should one click on bachelors degree or [b]Two or more certificates, diploma or degrees.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Virt: 10:49am On Sep 26, 2017
The answers to most of your questions are on page 0. Can you just read through that page and then revert for any further questions.

Mavor:
Guys please I need your advise. So I'm new to this Canada immigration thing. I have already applied via WES for a Transcript & B.SC certificate review. I have already paid WES and my school has sent the transcript and a copy of my cert. I have IELTS scheduled for 14th Oct.

My question to you all is this; (1) What next should I do? What are the next steps in the process? How do I initiate the actual application process with Immigration Canada? Note that I am doing this on my own without using any immigration lawyer or 3rd party. (2) How long does it take WES to do and complete their evaluation? Also please explain some of the lingua I see on this thread - ITA, AOR, CSE, CIC, PPR, etc.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dammysanmi(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2017
Page 0 of this thread will answer most of your questions (Go back and Read Up Sir).
Just study/practise well (strategically) for your IELTS and arrange your Proof Of Funds POF and work reference letter(s).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Justiyke4u: 10:52am On Sep 26, 2017
veritas3:

I think your answer can be found in the screenshot as regards processing times....hang in,it's almost there
thanks, let me wait till end of this month
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 11:27am On Sep 26, 2017
Gooday house.please i have two questions i would like to ask.
1. Will my spouse ielts scores still be added to mine even if he doesnt meet the required scores or does it mean the exam is a waste?
2.can one add certification( health safety certificate.)to be evaluated by wes. (i.e courses taken for few weeks to get certificat)which is being used presently on the job by the principal applicant and has years of experience and in under noc. Can one get points with such?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by reka(m): 11:42am On Sep 26, 2017
Hello people in the house,

We have been trying to fax our certificate to WES but it's not going through.
Can we get info about the right digit to fax to and the how to get it across?
Note: We have sent out the transcript for over 3 weeks now and the status still remain the same.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 11:47am On Sep 26, 2017
Have you tried Hellofax
https://app.hellofax.com/

reka:
Hello people in the house,

We have been trying to fax our certificate to WES but it's not going through.
Can we get info about the right digit to fax to and the how to get it across?
Note: We have sent out the transcript for over 3 weeks now and the status still remain the same.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by prodam(m): 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hi Guys,

Thanks for saving me from those scammers.

Officially began my PR journey by gathering materials for IELTS.

I plan to write this by October because I have to prepare well based on what I have seen on this thread.

Wish me well and link me up with any tips outside this forum, I have practically read everything about IELTS from Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
Dammiehar:

From Naira, it was 303.6 on the 21st.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teewhy31(f): 12:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
grin cheesy... lol! couldn't help myself
Hephgirl:
I don't know o.. I'm not ur brain... Only u can determine this....
Good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
prodam:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for saving me from those scammers.

Officially began my PR journey by gathering materials for IELTS.

I plan to write this by October because I have to prepare well based on what I have seen on this thread.

Wish me well and link me up with any tips outside this forum, I have practically read everything about IELTS from Nairaland.

Omo, no be by reading everything or going through Cambridge 1-10, just be calm and prepare yourself to be, on the days of the test. Follow instructions! Good luck!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
2abet:
etx rocks!made a transcript order september 19, 2017 and the transcript got to delivered on september 26,2017! super fast!! 7 days!! WES over to you o
Which school? I want to believe this efficiency comes across the board.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by prodam(m): 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
elfmann:

Omo, no be by reading everything or going through Cambridge 1-10, just be calm and prepare yourself to be, on the days of the test. Follow instructions! Good luck!

Hmmmm.. Very key point mehn..Thanks boss.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2017
1. Will my spouse ielts scores still be added to mine even if he doesnt meet the required scores or does it mean the exam is a waste?
2. Can i use wes alone to get few more points if my spouse doesnt write ielts.
3.can one add certification( health safety certificate.)to be evaluated by wes. (i.e courses taken for few weeks to get certificat)which is being used on the job by the principal applicant and has years of experience and in it under noc. Can one get points with such?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by closetextrovert: 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2017
prodam:

Hmmmm.. Very key point mehn..Thanks boss.

Yea being calm is very important. Make sure you eat before the test oh! Cos hunger can cause confusion/distraction and you dont want that during the listening test. Like elfmann said, follow instructions too. Wish you all the best. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2017
I just saw this on one of the other forms, not sure how true

As per recent trend those NOC's which are in priority list are getting approved faster, plus their processing has also become short too for all applicants.Currently applications are processed the fastest in Ottawa CPC, on the other hand if file is transferred to LVO, it can take several months to process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Toshine2: 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hi,

Please, does WES assess school of nursing certificate and other nursing professional course for a PA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by prideandjoy: 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hello guys.

Pls must I include reference letters for all my bank accounts in the eAPR (post ITA)? My pof is in just 1 account and I have like 4 other bank accounts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by closetextrovert: 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Seyitorl:
2. Can i use wes alone to get few more points if my spouse doesnt write ielts.
3.can one add certification( health safety certificate.)to be evaluated by wes. (i.e courses taken for few weeks to get certificat)which is being used on the job by the principal applicant and has years of experience and in it under noc. Can one get points with such?

1. If i get your question right, you are asking if your spouse ielts will add points for you. Yes it will add extra points to your CRS score provided his ielts results is a minimum of CLB4.
2. Your WES report is a pre-requisite to be accepted into the pool. Your spouse's ielts result adds more points to CRS score.
3. I dont really get this question... But if you mean a short professional certification, it MAY not do much for you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uptown17: 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
please seniors,
1. for someone who is being paid cash as salary instead of into his account and POF is in treasury bill. please how does he explain this? must he print bank account statement despite no salary inflow OR treasury bill letter from the bank alone will suffice?

2. where he is out of the country when ITA arrives, can he do medicals in the other country (pls note that is not the country of residence) while his family does theirs in Nigeria instead of having to start changing ticket to come Nigeria for medicals

thank you in advance for your responses
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by prodam(m): 2:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
closetextrovert:

Yea being calm is very important. Make sure you eat before the test oh! Cos hunger can cause confusion/distraction and you dont want that during the listening test. Like elfmann said, follow instructions too. Wish you all the best. smiley

Many thanks brother.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MsLee: 2:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
Crowndit:
Good morning. I am having a similar challenge obtaining an indian pcc for my fiancee. We first visited the Indian high commission in Abuja and we were referred to the Lagos high commission to obtain it as her visas were issued in Lagos. The Lagos high commission then said they do not issue pccs to non Indians. Quite surprisingly, they referred us to the Nigerian High Commission in India. Now we are stuck. Please all those with useful information that could help one in obtaining a pcc from the indian embassy should please help out

Hi Crowndit,

I have also been to the India high commission in Lagos and its same story, however i have a copy of India PCC issued to a friend from same place.
I want to suggest we should plan to go there together as i have another friend in same situation. They might give us audience if we are many.

what do you think?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
Thanks@closetextrovert.

My question is.for a principal applicant who has a b.sc degree in anothr field.but has certification and experience which falls under NOC 2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety. How can he defend such work experience in express entry since the certificate cannot be evaluated by wes.
2. If the spouse decides not to write ielts can her ond and hnd alone be used to get more points.
Thank you for your anticipated response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.