Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1510399 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nozzle(m): 8:47am On Oct 12, 2017
tollu:

Nozzle, Nozzle abeg take am easy ooo. Be focused on your goal. Shebi you got the gcms notes to know what the delay is? Don't get exasperated you hear?
Keep at it and you'd have good success in the end.

Raise a CSE and mention your 2 sources of funds. I did like a cover page for my POF, mentioning the two sources and even totaling it all up for them.
All the best.

Thanks Tollu
Thank you all for your input
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 8:49am On Oct 12, 2017
Nozzle as someone said, thank God your application was not rejected. Do not give up now, set your eyes on the goal. Remember the IELTS you wrote (i do not know how many times o), money wey you don spend for ECA, medicals and other expenses. Please pick yourself up, raise a CSE send a LOE properly explain attach allnecessary documents and move on to PPR.

There are other people on forums who had review required for POF, work experience letters not detailing job responsibilities that match NOC,
immediately they saw this, they raised a CSE and submitted the right documents and got PPR. I believe if they did not want to give you an opportunity, they would have rejected your application as incomplete but God has given this grace, seize it.

Your hand is on the plough now, don't look back, please.

Nozzle:

i don't think i have that energy again... they can go f:ck themselves for all i care

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 12, 2017
XX01:

Send a DM @WESCANADA.
E don settle. I found it at the Exams Office. The verification will be completed by the end of the month.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 9:10am On Oct 12, 2017
Q: How to find my visa office?

A: Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: Bleep
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by agates: 9:19am On Oct 12, 2017
balogunsam:

Absolutely...you are correct! I messaged WES via Facebook and in a few hours got mail for ECA Ready! I think they have some system issues! Thanks boss!

I am guessing i might have to send them a message to, mine has been on final evaluation since 6th of october but it says evaluation completion date is on the 16th.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:29am On Oct 12, 2017
Nozzle:
i don't think i have that energy again...
Hi Nozzel,

I join others in saying you raise a CSE uploading your updated POF as soon as possible. You can also do them a calculation as suggested by Tollu.

To the other issue that caught my attention, I tried checking rate to see if I’d get an idea of what rate they use, maybe close to what we get on Oanda/XE. Going by N1.3 equating to CAD4594, that’s them saying N284 to a CAD! XE’s rate for July 11 surprisingly is N244 to a CAD. Where N284 come take enter? The N284 used seems more like current rate, do you by chance have/know the rate you used when you submitted? Cause I find it hard to believe 284 applies as far back as July.

To All, if it’s present rate used. Do we then assume POF is not locked as at date of submission? It is a scary something oo.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:34am On Oct 12, 2017
balogunsam:
Absolutely...you are correct! I messaged WES via Facebook and in a few hours got mail for ECA Ready! I think they have some system issues! Thanks boss!
Great. UI's brouhaha has been surmounted grin. Fire on Egbon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by reka(m): 9:42am On Oct 12, 2017
With an 8 in listening, that would be around 463.

Untoyou:
Do you know what an 8 would give me please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 9:52am On Oct 12, 2017
@Nozzle. Pls dont give up. Raise CSE and write Cover letter pls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 9:55am On Oct 12, 2017
Kontagious:

Hi Nozzel,

I join others in saying you raise a CSE uploading your updated POF as soon as possible. You can also do them a calculation as suggested by Tollu.

To the other issue that caught my attention, I tried checking rate to see if I’d get an idea of what rate they use, maybe close to what we get on Oanda/XE. Going by N1.3 equating to CAD4594, that’s them saying N284 to a CAD! XE’s rate for July 11 surprisingly is N244 to a CAD. Where N284 come take enter? The N284 used seems more like current rate, do you by chance have/know the rate you used when you submitted? Cause I find it hard to believe 284 applies as far back as July.

To All, if it’s present rate used. Do we then assume POF is not locked as at date of submission? It is a scary something oo.

Boda Kontagious, some weeks back it was N290 on XE. its just a bit better now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jovykay: 10:03am On Oct 12, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the Nairaland community.
I am the POST ITA stage.
I have a few problems. I hope someone will be kind enough to assist.

1. My husband who is not the main applicant put about 5 places he worked in previously Pre-ita. But Post ITA Would not be able to provide reference letters from two. One because he was a contract staff , and it was a government job they said they dont provide reference letters. The second one he worked for them from the u.k.. That is it was a phone and online job. Should he simply remove these jobs Post ITA, since he was not awarded any points for them.

2. He is currently self employed. what documents will he submit since he can't write himself a reference letter.

3. For proof of funds. We fixed 5m abt 3 weeks pre-ITA from different accounts ...that is we joined funds from account A +B+C ..for a family of three. How do we proof these funds are ours. because scanning the 3 statements over 6 months will be too much to upload. nd we realised 5m is not enough for family of 3. so we have also decided to include funds from a foreign account to make it 5.4 at current rate.

I am the principal applicant.
THANKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:04am On Oct 12, 2017
threadstone:
Boda Kontagious, some weeks back it was N290 on XE. its just a bit better now.
I get. Was even close to N300 about 2 weeks ago but my concern is, he submitted in July but N284 was used when rate then was about 240/244. How?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:17am On Oct 12, 2017
jovykay:
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the Nairaland community.
I am the POST ITA stage.
I have a few problems. I hope someone will be kind enough to assist.

1. My husband who is not the main applicant put about 5 places he worked in previously Pre-ita. But Post ITA Would not be able to provide reference letters from two. One because he was a contract staff , and it was a government job they said they dont provide reference letters. The second one he worked for them from the u.k.. That is it was a phone and online job. Should he simply remove these jobs Post ITA, since he was not awarded any points for them.

2. He is currently self employed. what documents will he submit since he can't write himself a reference letter.

3. For proof of funds. We fixed 5m abt 3 weeks pre-ITA from different accounts ...that is we joined funds from account A +B+C ..for a family of three. How do we proof these funds are ours. because scanning the 3 statements over 6 months will be too much to upload. nd we realised 5m is not enough for family of 3. so we have also decided to include funds from a foreign account to make it 5.4 at current rate.

I am the principal applicant.
THANKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE
1. Since you are the PA, him adding work experience gained outside Canada will add no point, so, you can remove the experience he has no reference letter for or even remove the entire work experience from the work history but state these work experience in his personal history.

2. Similar to 1 above, don't include his self employed work in the work history but state it in personal history.

3. You might want to reconsider to scan all 3 statements, best you cover all loose ends then submit and be worried throughout your application. We've read a case of an applicant who submitted over 70 pages for POF. However, best you also do a cover letter stating what amount is coming from which account and total the funds in your letter. You might also want to top that N5.4m a bit just to have some form of coverage against forex fluctuations and in case the required amount for your family size is topped. N5.4m seems like the required amount at present.

Modified:
3. Do you mean the fix deposit is in one account but you collected money from three accounts? If yes, then just print account statement for the account where you did the fixed deposit. Attach your fix deposit certificate as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by daremum(m): 10:21am On Oct 12, 2017
OBO=OMO BABA OLOWO

superdoll:

Lol. The wait was frustrating. Especially after getting the mail of acknowledgment of transcript after 5 long weeks and then it came with that generic info of 10weeks turn around time. Technically its 15weeks for me wic is 4months. Hmm i had to port.

Ehee! Biko wetin be OBO?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jovykay: 10:21am On Oct 12, 2017
Kontagious:

1. Since you are the PA, him adding work experience gained outside Canada will add no point, so, you can remove the experience he has no reference letter for or even remove the entire work experience from the work history but state these work experience in his personal history.

2. Similar to 1 above, don't include his self employed work in the work history but state it in personal history.

3. You might want to reconsider to scan all 3 statements, best you cover all loose ends then submit and be worried throughout your application. We've read a case of an applicant who submitted over 70 pages for POF. However, best you also do a cover letter stating what amount is coming from which account and total the funds in your letter. You might also want to top that N5.4m a bit just to have some form of coverage against forex fluctuations and in case the required amount for your family size is topped. N5.4m seems like the required amount at present.

THANKS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:24am On Oct 12, 2017
jovykay:
THANKS
You're welcome. Made a modification to the post though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 10:26am On Oct 12, 2017
Kontagious:

I get. Was even close to N300 about 2 weeks ago but my concern is, he submitted in July but N284 was used when rate then was about 240/244. How?

Just did a check now. His AOR was August 4, by then CAD had shot up to N285.51 according to
https://currencies.zone/historic/canadian-dollar/nigerian-naira/august-2017, so I guess it was the current rates at the time the case officer was reviewing his file that was used.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jovykay: 10:39am On Oct 12, 2017
Kontagious:

Modified:
3. Do you mean the fix deposit is in one account but you collected money from three accounts? If yes, then just print account statement for the account where you did the fixed deposit. Attach your fix deposit certificate as well.

HI, WHEN WE REMOVE THE WORK EXPERIENCE POST -ITA , DO WE HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY WE REMOVED ALL OF HIS WORK EXPERIENCE OR NO NEED FOR EXPLANATION AS LONG AS IT IS IN PERSONAL HISTORY.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:42am On Oct 12, 2017
threadstone:
Just did a check now. His AOR was August 4, by then CAD had shot up to N285.51 according to
https://currencies.zone/historic/canadian-dollar/nigerian-naira/august-2017, so I guess it was the current rates at the time the case officer was reviewing his file that was used.
Great. Makes sense now, I missed the AOR part. The N284 used is settled.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:46am On Oct 12, 2017
jovykay:
HI, WHEN WE REMOVE THE WORK EXPERIENCE POST -ITA , DO WE HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY WE REMOVED ALL OF HIS WORK EXPERIENCE OR NO NEED FOR EXPLANATION AS LONG AS IT IS IN PERSONAL HISTORY.
You really don't need an explanation. PA's even remove without explaining, some replaced their NOC post ITA without explaining.
You may however do what you're comfortable with.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mariamolad(m): 10:50am On Oct 12, 2017
Good day ,
Am new here, I'm about to start canny journey but before i start I'll like to ask some pertinent questions if i can proceed. I have applied into Canadian embassy twice for a student visa but i was rejected .
My first application,was rejected last year August 2016 on the claims that i dont have financial capability to finance my education in canada and that have not been able to convince them that I'll leave canada at the completion of courses in canada.
Secondly , I reapply this year 2017 and was rejected in August on the basis of financial capability and i failed to declare that have been denied America visa which I told the agent that facilitated it for me .
So my questions goes thus, with my explanation above can i still proceed on the canny journey or what further step can i take ?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 10:54am On Oct 12, 2017
Does bolded below sound like MISREPRESENTATION to you? if yes, i can see big problem ahead.

mariamolad:
Good day ,
Am new here, I'm about to start canny journey but before i start I'll like to ask some pertinent questions if i can proceed. I have applied into Canadian embassy twice for a student visa but i was rejected .
My first application,was rejected last year August 2016 on the claims that i dont have financial capability to finance my education in canada and that have not been able to convince them that I'll leave canada at the completion of courses in canada.
Secondly , I reapply this year 2017 and was rejected in August on the basis of financial capability and i failed to declare that have been denied America visa which I told the agent that facilitated it for me .
So my questions goes thus, with my explanation above can i still proceed on the canny journey or what further step can i take ?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 10:54am On Oct 12, 2017
Oh, I thought the minimum is 8,7,7,7 LRSW? Or am I getting it wrong?

GlitteringStar:

@Bolded, for Federal Skilled Worker Program, minimum band score of 6 (CLB 7) is required in each ability (LRSW)

Cc: Cakay

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mariamolad(m): 11:02am On Oct 12, 2017
smslive2:
Does bolded below sound like MISREPRESENTATION to you? if yes, i can see big problem ahead.

.... I gave full details about my rejection which was written in d form during filling of the form but i was worried when it was stated in the rejection letter that I didn't declare that I've been to America embassy before.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 11:04am On Oct 12, 2017
Kontagious:

Great. UI's brouhaha has been surmounted grin. Fire on Egbon.

Abi oo... Loading barrel in preparation for firing already o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 11:05am On Oct 12, 2017
agates:

I am guessing i might have to send them a message to, mine has been on final evaluation since 6th of october but it says evaluation completion date is on the 16th.

Please do o. Use twitter or Facebook. Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 11:19am On Oct 12, 2017
Newmum0615:

To get high points for ielts in EE, you'll need 8,7,7,7 but to gain maximum points, its 8.5,8.5,7.5,7.5.

difference in 7,7,7,7 and 8,7,7,7 is about 50 points.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by alwaysvik: 11:29am On Oct 12, 2017
I think you should tread with caution here.
If you can afford it, please send your envelopes separately. I did what this post advised, and I paid in delays of evaluation. We had to write WES severally because even though our tracking status reports successful delivery, actual update on our pages took forever. I'm not sure but I think evaluations are somewhat connected to tracking numbers and stuff. If you do this, you might inadvertently input a configuration that may not work with their system of tracking receipts and evaluation. Maybe subjecting them to manual work of separating your package (under the same tracking number) or some funny stuff that might delay your evaluation. The programmer in me just tells me that something isn't right about cutting cost in this way.

As I type this, I have missed many ITAs all because of WES Evaluation. Be smart. Money is a means to an end - use it as such.

koonlay5:
I know you have gotten some responses, however you can cut cost by sending your documents together. Remember, you should have different WES number. Your documents should be in different envelopes with your WES number indicated at the top of each envelope then you send them together with same courier. Same with your school, just inform the person handling it to do same.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eddycross(m): 11:59am On Oct 12, 2017
Thank you all.

Its not an easy wait I agree. But surely it will come to all of us.

@Hephgirl, @Yewwygraceful, @bbaby84, @damidamsel, @Kenon1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eddycross(m): 12:01pm On Oct 12, 2017
@All with COPR,

The PPR mail requests for completed form IMM008 and Additional Family Information forms.

I already completed and sent the form IMM008.

Do we need to also send the Additional Family Information forms?

I need to confirm before I initiate a CSE. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bozoris: 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hi. Plesse can someone help me with the email address to send your job discription to and they write back with the noc code of the job. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2017
Newmum0615:

A minimum band score of 6 in each component of the IELTS test is required for Federal Skilled Worker Program but it is advisable to aim to score a minimum of 8 in Listening and 7 in RSW in order to boost one's CRS score.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.