Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511885 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2017
MippiShick:
Hello my people!

Please I would like to confirm:

I just received an email from WES that my ECA is complete with a "Download PDF Report" button. I downloaded the PDF report and I can see my ECA# at the top right hand of the PDF.

Just to be sure, please can i put this ECA number on my EE profile? Or do I wait for the hard copy which has been sent through UPS before I enter the pool?

Thanks!

Yes that's the number. It ends with IMM also note the date of the report

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
Great! Thanks Deebay.

Deebay:

Yes that's the number. It ends with IMM also note the date of the report

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ehiobe: 7:37pm On Oct 12, 2017
Do applications from Nigeria go to London office alone? Also I understand that only if you have worked for 3years that you can get Tax clearance pls somebody should correct me if I am wrong?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cheapphones: 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Ehiobe:
Do applications from Nigeria go to London office alone? Also I understand that [b]only if you have worked for 3years that you can get Tax clearance [/b]pls somebody should correct me if I am wrong?
@bolded, No
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Teatop1234: 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
What stage are you? It’s good you are seeing some movements. Urgently respond and get ur PPR

veleta:
July 14th
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by db23: 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hello everyone.

Please I was just wondering/a little worried.

I submitted my eAPR while I was away, so my travel history is open-ended.

Do I need to raise a case or let them know that I have now returned back to Nigeria? or it won't matter?
If I need to raise a case, how do I go about this?

Please help... I'm worried.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kingbukaz: 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2017
Below is my profile

Qualification : bsc in public administration
Experience: 6 years
Ielts: yet to be taken
I will like to know my chance? Will like know if anyone with public administration bsc has gone through this successfully? How long will the whole process take. O heard is faster now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by veleta: 8:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
@Yewwygrateful and other forumites,Its Pharmacy Council of Nigeria, we are at NA2.
Don't have an inkling why they requested for the tax stuff.They also requested for passport data page,height and eye colour.Its well sha.London VO and their pattern sef.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
Kooly5
Thanks

koonlay5:
I know you have gotten some responses, however you can cut cost by sending your documents together. Remember, you should have different WES number. Your documents should be in different envelopes with your WES number indicated at the top of each envelope then you send them together with same courier. Same with your school, just inform the person handling it to do same.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2017
veleta:
@Yewwygrateful and other forumites,Its Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria, we are at NA2.
Don't have an inkling why they requested for the tax stuff.They also requested for passport data page,height and eye colour.Its well sha.London VO and their pattern sef.
Any time frame? I believe it is sth u can gather in no time.. Na ur PPR I dey c so.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 9:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
veleta:
@Yewwygrateful and other forumites,Its Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria, we are at NA2.

OK. Was just wondering cos as pharmacists we register with Pharmacist Council of Nigeria not with PSN. pls I beg you to inform us of what you will use for this, thanks in advance and congrats on the movement in your application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
Kingbukaz:
Below is my profile

Qualification : bsc in public administration
Experience: 6 years
Ielts: yet to be taken
I will like to know my chance? Will like know if anyone with public administration bsc has gone through this successfully? How long will the whole process take. O heard is faster now
Use the tool!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2017
cuteguy201:
The only update now is that I have a friend at the Transcript office who has ascertained that my verification request by WES has been seen and it's being worked on.

How far @cuteguy201? Any update yet?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by veleta: 9:38pm On Oct 12, 2017
@Deebay,thanks. Its PCN. Sorry it was an error on my part.Will upload the licence and receipt for this years renewal.

@Elfman,time frame is 1month for submission.

The only snag is that the reference letter requested from employer which was during Nysc is a nightmare now cos the General Hospital is on strike.Don't know why they asked for the reference letter as points wasn't claimed for it under work history.

Anyways, God is in control.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 9:53pm On Oct 12, 2017
Santino1:
Hi all,

I have a question regarding POF:

Back when I was filling the EE profile, when asked how much I will be bringing to Canada I answered 60k (my actual balance at the time). The issue is now I have invested two-third of the money (Tbill, Eurobond etc) and the cash at hand currently is about 20k (still way more than required 13k). Can I use my current balance as POF? If yes, wouldn't this constitute a misrepresentation?

Thanks

what do u mean by 60k? pls tell me it is NAIRA not CAD .. abi na 1986 exchange rate you dey use? be like i go replace EVANS for kidnapping o! at least i don already do PCC, so if dem catch me, no suppose fit jonse my EE application,

walahi this life no just fair.. i never still know where i go get 12300cad, meanwhile baba santino1 dey here dey tell CIC " whats 12300cad? thats too low, c'mon you can keep the change ".

if CIC no give u extra CRS points for this kudi eh...lol

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Emmasonic4me: 12:11am On Oct 13, 2017
IQAS ECA finally came through after the long wait. Second mail acknowledgement for transcript was Aug 31st and got it today Oct 12th. That's exactly 30 working days.

However, date of completion was Sept 20th. So why did they delay sending it till now?

To those still expecting IQAS ECA, cancellation request asking for a refund may not be the best decision after all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by flyca: 4:34am On Oct 13, 2017
@justwise @40manlappy @Santino1 @Kontagious @threadstone @all

Please does anyone know how long this program will last?

I just got employed in a good company - where I get professional experiences related to my field of study with good pay. And something tells me I should grow a bit in this company before relocating. But then again, I don't know how long this is gonna last.

Anyone help please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 4:46am On Oct 13, 2017
Canadianfly:

Hahahahaha cheesy

In other news, today's draw score....346 congrats to all ITA recipients

*runs away* grin

Loool....Na you wey dey call una troublemaker-general!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 5:00am On Oct 13, 2017
flyca:
@justwise @40manlappy @Santino1 @Kontagious @threadstone @all

Please does anyone know how long this program will last?

I just got employed in a good company - where I get professional experiences related to my field of study with good pay. And something tells me I should grow a bit in this company before relocating. But then again, I don't know how long this is gonna last.

Anyone help please.

you sound just like me 3yrs back. i had the option of leaving for a masters but insisted i wanted to get solid work experience first. the masters could wait, i thought. 2yrs later i so badly wanted to leave for a masters, thanks to buhari. but pops said the cash wasnt available anymore, plus exchange rates had seen the buhari effect lolz. i scraped up all my savings and applied for a very cheap pgd instead, study visa got denied due to insufficient funds. that same job that kept me back, i have resigned from it grin

see eh better apply for the permanent residence/EE, if you get it, you can do short landing and return back to Nigeria to continue your job... i hope its shell or Schlumberger job sha grin. On a more serious note, its important to always keep your options open. I also think the younger you are when you leave naija, the easier it is to setlle and rebuild your life. so if the pr comes, move asap jare! dont drag feet, the much older folks who u see taking their time are not like us trying to escape poverty.. i have realised half of the much older folks leaving are only doing so for their kids. i say again faschi whatever immediate comfort that job gives u, people move from 100 to zero in a second in naija! consolidate your future!

all this one wey u dey talk sef. as for me eh, if PR comes for me today, i no go even think twice or wait for weeks to leave. all i am taking with me is my certificates and a small box of clothes. my siblings don already dey fight over the rest stuffs grin even this phone wey i take de type, dem don share am.
This world sha! i been think say na only when person die na him family dey share e property o.

45 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 13, 2017
veleta:
@Deebay,thanks. Its PCN. Sorry it was an error on my part.Will upload the licence and receipt for this years renewal.

@Elfman,time frame is 1month for submission.

The only snag is that the reference letter requested from employer which was during Nysc is a nightmare now cos the General Hospital is on strike.Don't know why they asked for the reference letter as points wasn't claimed for it under work history.

Anyways, God is in control.
Wetin concern them with nysc months you ever claimed points for? Na wa! 30days .. Chai. God pass them!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 13, 2017
Things have changed from marriage to wealth and even burial. So share and share alike. Hahahaha
einsteino:

you sound just like me 3yrs back. i had the option of leaving for a masters but insisted i wanted to get solid work experience first. the masters could wait, i thought. 2yrs later i so badly wanted to leave for a masters, thanks to buhari. but pops said the cash wasnt available anymore, plus exchange rates had seen the buhari effect lolz. i scraped up all my savings and applied for a very cheap pgd instead, study visa got denied due to insufficient funds. that same job that kept me back, i have resigned from it grin

see eh better apply for the permanent residence/EE, if you get it, you can do short landing and return back to Nigeria to continue your job... i hope its shell or Schlumberger job sha grin. On a more serious note, its important to always keep your options open. I also think the younger you are when you leave naija, the easier it is to setlle and rebuild your life. so if the pr comes, move asap jare! dont drag feet, the much older folks who u see taking their time are not like us trying to escape poverty.. i have realised half of the much older folks leaving are only doing so for their kids. i say again faschi whatever immediate comfort that job gives u, people move from 100 to zero in a second in naija! consolidate your future!

all this one wey u dey talk sef. as for me eh, if PR comes for me today, i no go even think twice or wait for weeks to leave. all i am taking with me is my certificates and a small box of clothes. my siblings don already dey fight over the rest stuffs grin even this phone wey i take de type, dem don share am.
This world sha! i been think say na only when person die na him family dey share e property o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by flyca: 5:56am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

@OP @Elfmann
Please advice me again. I don't live or work in Nigeria. And I have a Masters degree. I don't have any substantial amount for POF so the best thing I can think of is to get a valid related work experience and go for PNP. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 13, 2017
flyca:

@OP @Elfmann
Please advice me again. I don't live or work in Nigeria. And I have a Masters degree. Thanks.
If u have at least a year on a job, use the tool to ascertain ur projected CRS. You must do ielts Gt though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

what do u mean by 60k? pls tell me it is NAIRA not CAD .. abi na 1986 exchange rate you dey use? be like i go replace EVANS for kidnapping o! at least i don already do PCC, so if dem catch me, no suppose fit jonse my EE application,

walahi this life no just fair.. i never still know where i go get 12300cad, meanwhile baba santino1 dey here dey tell CIC " whats 12300cad? thats too low, c'mon you can keep the change ".

The 60K and 20K made me Kujaaed. Is it in dollar..? Omo..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by flyca: 6:04am On Oct 13, 2017
@OP @Elfmann
Please advice me again.

I don't have any substantial amount for POF so the best thing I can think of is to get a valid related work experience and go for PNP. Thanks.

Elfmann, I do have a one year work experience from Naija (plus NYSC -Do they even know about this?). But no money for POF cry

Please can you give me a link to the tool to use?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 13, 2017
flyca:
@OP @Elfmann
Please advice me again.

I don't have any substantial amount for POF so the best thing I can think of is to get a valid related work experience and go for PNP. Thanks.

Elfmann, I do have a one year work experience from Naija (plus NYSC -Do they even know about this?). But no money for POF cry

Please can you give me a link to the tool to use?
Go two or one page back for the tool. Do all u can.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 6:30am On Oct 13, 2017
flyca:

@OP @Elfmann
Please advice me again. I don't live or work in Nigeria. And I have a Masters degree. I don't have any substantial amount for POF so the best thing I can think of is to get a valid related work experience and go for PNP. Thanks.

wait. lemme get you straight, if u dont live in naija, why are you considering leaving your present location since you say you have a good job there? PNP isnt as easy as you think, i may be wrong but PNP does require POF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 6:33am On Oct 13, 2017
elfmann:
Things have changed from marriage to wealth and even burial. So share and share alike. Hahahaha

grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Owlette: 6:34am On Oct 13, 2017
British council just had to mess this result up! LRWS- 8, 6.5, 7.5, 7.5. I'm so pissed off. Definitely applying for a remark because I don't have 68k to dash them. See me wey don already dey see myself in Ottawa come April ���

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 6:38am On Oct 13, 2017
elfmann:

The 60K and 20K made me Kujaaed. Is it in dollar..? Omo..
grin boss eh.. clear say no be the same world all of us dey live in. I dont see what santino1 is going to canada to do, many canadians no get that kind money as closing balance. e for just hustle some more, carry the money come contest for election for naija. turn constituted authority, even if na local govt chairman.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by agates: 6:38am On Oct 13, 2017
balogunsam:

Please do o. Use twitter or Facebook. Cheers!

Thanks i did just that and i got an email that my ECA has been completed. Whoop!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 6:42am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

LOL. Na your type Yoruba dey call "oni so lenu". (I don't even know the english equivalent of that).

Seriously though, I only used that to make my point clearer. Me wey dey look for person wey go dash me money sef. grin grin

einsteino:

grin boss eh.. clear say no be the same world all of us dey live in. I dont see what santino1 is going to canada to do, many canadians no get that kind money as closing balance. e for just hustle some more, carry the money come contest for election for naija. turn constituted authority, even if na local govt chairman.

You sef dey the iso lenu game. na wa o

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.