Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511925 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2017
Santino1:
Hi all,

I have a question regarding POF:

Back when I was filling the EE profile, when asked how much I will be bringing to Canada I answered 60k (my actual balance at the time). The issue is now I have invested two-third of the money (Tbill, Eurobond etc) and the cash at hand currently is about 20k (still way more than required 13k). Can I use my current balance as POF? If yes, wouldn't this constitute a misrepresentation?

Thanks
BOSS TWALE SIR.
U can attach the evidence /statement showing the investment

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by HTC2017: 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2017
Cc @GlitteringStar, our capable data analyst grin grin grin

Kontagious:

It is believed that up to 25% of closing balance on your pensions account statement will suffice as support POF. The account statement may be supported with a letter from your PFA starting that up to 25% will be available to you. There's a sample of that letter on this thread posted by Yimiton. You can search through the thread for that letter to have a better understanding.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by calfy: 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
Nozzle:

My brother...i just cant understand why they would make such an error.
I noticed that my ADR in my profile stated ' we would require additional documents to review your application' its been like that for 3 weeks after i added my daughter to my application. I sent them a mail to complain about that part of my profile. if i added my child and all documents are well received, should ADR still be active, all things being equal? they replied that they do not require any additional document from me. Only for me to see that my application self get comma through GCMS Notes!
if this is what they do to ppl....it's really bad, i can immagine how frustrated alot of ppl would have been with this their document-verifying process.

I understand how you feel. It's a mistake from the VO. Send them a CSE with your updated POFs and I'm sure you do not have any issue with your POF. Just to be on the safe side.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hephgirl:
BOSS TWALE SIR.
U can attach the evidence /statement showing the investment

Thanks Ms/Mr?

Kontagious answered my queries already.

Thanks all the same.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bozoris: 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Kontagious:

It is believed that up to 25% of closing balance on your pensions account statement will suffice as support POF. The account statement may be supported with a letter from your PFA starting that up to 25% will be available to you. There's a sample of that letter on this thread posted by Yimiton. You can search through the thread for that letter to have a better understanding.
Thanks for your response. I have both pension and gratuity accounts with the fund. I will leave the pension and focus on the gratuity which will be 100% available at exit.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Kontagious:

Hephgirl, come ann another OBO ooo grin

To the matter at hand, you can use your investments (the ones you mentioned) as POF. However, post ITA, you can also edit the amount to your comfortable zone. In all, if you intend to stick to the 20K you have now, please edit the amount to reflect 20k.
I can't even begin to shout... This one isnor OBO o... That's an insult to him.... They've not formed his name...

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
Santino1:
Thanks Ms/Mr? Mrs.

Kontagious and Ajiifixing answered my queries already.

Thanks all the same.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
eddycross:
@All with COPR,

The PPR mail requests for completed form IMM008 and Additional Family Information forms.

I already completed and sent the form IMM008.

Do we need to also send the Additional Family Information forms?

I need to confirm before I initiate a CSE. Thanks

Hi eddycross,
Did u change name/passport in the course of your application?
I filled the additional family information form 5406 ...
It was requested as an ADR pre-PPR. I attributed the request to the name change I did midway in my application.
my passport validity entered the 6mnths period while my application was in progress so I decided to change my surname to my marital name.
I got ADR for an updated passport and after submitting it, I got another ADR for additional family information(form IMM5406)...I got ppr one week after submitting d later.
So if u did change name/passport for u or any dependent, u may consider downloading d form and filling it.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
HTC2017:
Cc @GlitteringStar, our capable data analyst grin grin grin

I'm not oooo. Cochtrane is the Senior Data Analyst of this thread. grin wink

This is the link:----https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/178#60688392

Cc: Kontagious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2017
Santino1:

Thanks Ms/Mr?

Kontagious answered my queries already.

Thanks all the same.

Ms/Mr? Really?
Yes Hephgirl is Mr
She is a he...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
I understand your concern. I only stated what i did. Meanwhile, you might wish to know that so many schools do so. If you request your school to do transcript and pay for courier, the person can use one courier to send all. I'm not assuming this, this is what is done.
Like always, please do what you are comfortable with.
Cheers

alwaysvik:
I think you should tread with caution here.
If you can afford it, please send your envelopes separately. I did what this post advised, and I paid in delays of evaluation. We had to write WES severally because even though our tracking status reports successful delivery, actual update on our pages took forever. I'm not sure but I think evaluations are somewhat connected to tracking numbers and stuff. If you do this, you might inadvertently input a configuration that may not work with their system of tracking receipts and evaluation. Maybe subjecting them to manual work of separating your package (under the same tracking number) or some funny stuff that might delay your evaluation. The programmer in me just tells me that something isn't right about cutting cost in this way.

As I type this, I have missed many ITAs all because of WES Evaluation. Be smart. Money is a means to an end - use it as such.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
Ppr please rain.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 5:11pm On Oct 12, 2017
Kontagious:
[/quote]

[quote author=Hephgirl post=61356689]

Ms/Mr? Really?
Yes Hephgirl is Mr
She is a he...

I don't like assuming. It is considered rude by some to assume people's gender.

So madam Hephgirl it is.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
Bozoris:
Thanks for your response. I have both pension and gratuity accounts with the fund. I will leave the pension and focus on the gratuity which will be 100% available at exit.
Great, but please let your PFA provide a supporting letter to collaborate the bolded. You can use the pensions as well, we have known cases of those that used pension and have their PPR/CoPR by now.

Also, in case where you have multiple sources of POF. It's encouraged that you do a cover letter detailing all sources - this is to avoid the VO ignoring some of the POF as it was discussed earlier today. Three cases came to light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2017
GlitteringStar:
I'm not oooo. Cochtrane is the Senior Data Analyst of this thread. grin wink

This is the link:----https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/178#60688392

Cc: Kontagious
Thanks GlitteringStar.

CC: Bozoris

See link to letter earlier mentioned, you may adopt same for the gratuity.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
Congratulations @ Eddycross

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 5:29pm On Oct 12, 2017
NA2 for 3 weeks....all those awaiting PPR, how market?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 5:48pm On Oct 12, 2017
12go:

E don settle. I found it at the Exams Office. The verification will be completed by the end of the month.
Happy for you. Can you please tell us how you go about it? We are all learning from others lapses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MrsBee: 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2017
MRSDA:
NA2 for 3 weeks....all those awaiting PPR, how market?

Am on NA2 for 11 weeks plus now. So welcome, take a glass of water and chill. Lol.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2017
Virt:
Hello House,

Please can somebody locate the post on how to know what stage of the application one is at, that is, IP1, Meds Passed NA1,NA2, IP2 etc. What will our application summary look like to know what stage we are at. I have checked page 0, and a few pages after that, but can't find it.

Thanks all.

STAGES IN CANADIAN PR JOURNEY

1st Stage: The Profile
2nd Stage: ITA
3rd Stage: AOR
4th Stage: Medical Passed
5th Stage: Background and Security Checks
6th Stage: PPR
7th Stage: COPR
8th Stage: Landing
9th Stage: PR Card

=======================

These are 3 different stages that majority of the PR applicants in EE will see against Background Check in MyCIC.

IP1
--------
IP1 will be shown when we pass the medical. Some people get this update on the same day along with their medical and some of them couple of days after. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office)

NA
---------
This stage, our file will be transferred to CPC (Case processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2
--------
This status will be seen in my CIC account once Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF upfront. These things will be done at CPC office.

It is not necessary that every applicant will undergo this process. But majority of the cases, I have noticed the same status.

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/552#57595261

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2017
MrsBee:

Am on NA2 for 11 weeks plus now. So welcome, take a glass of water and chill. Lol.

Blood of Jesus! Mrs Bee...ahhhhhhh embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eddycross(m): 5:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hi ugoiyke79e.

No, no name change, no new passport. Everything is still as it's been.

So, no need for the forms.

Got ya. Thanks.

ugoiyke79e:

Hi eddycross,
Did u change name/passport in the course of your application?
I filled the additional family information form 5406 ...
It was requested as an ADR pre-PPR. I attributed the request to the name change I did midway in my application.
my passport validity entered the 6mnths period while my application was in progress so I decided to change my surname to my marital name.
I got ADR for an updated passport and after submitting it, I got another ADR for additional family information(form IMM5406)...I got ppr one week after submitting d later.
So if u did change name/passport for u or any dependent, u may consider downloading d form and filling it.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eddycross(m): 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hopefully you're almost there. I was on NA2 for 12 weeks.

its not easy.

MrsBee:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
This might be of use to us all...

Culled from Canadavisa: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/

Part 1 of 2: Post e-APR Process

Step 1: Completeness Test as per Regulation 10

Immigration Officer will assure that your file is complete as defined under the Regulation 10 of IRCC Act. If your file includes all details and documents required then it will be sent for Assessment.

Step 2: Assessment for Eligibility and Admissibility

This process sometimes called as A11 (For Eligibility) and A16 (For Admissibility on Medical Ground).

A11 will take some time, however; A16 will be completed within 2-3 days after your file is in Assessment Stage.

A11 (Eligibility Test)

Minimum Entry Requirement (R75)

Verification will be conducted on each of the Six Eligibility Factors (R78-83). This will only focus on assuring that the candidate attained at least 67 out of 100 points and Minimum Score needed at the time ITA was issued. Misrepresentation or Fraud check is carried later on during A40.

Education (R78)

ECA Report and Educational Documents are verified until the officer is satisfied to pass R78.

Language (R79)

Language Score is recalculated using IELTS Scores and Verification is done online using your Test Report Form Number. Once verified R79 is passed.

Work Experience (R80)

Verify Scores calculated and Work Experience Letters. Calculate Similarity of NOC Scores and verify documents. Officer will usually check email, fax, contact, website (if any), and address is written on Letterheads to verify if company physically exists and registered at the address provided. If Satisfied will pass R80.

Age (R81)

Verify the age against the official Personal Documents. Will pass R81 once satisfied.

Arranged Employment – if applicable (R82)

If applicable, will verify any job offers or call employer in Canada. Will Pass R82 after verifying offer from Employer.

Adaptability – if applicable (R83)

Verify each of the adaptability Factor and Points Claimed. Will Pass R83 after every factor is verified.

In addition, Officer will verify the Settlement Funds (R76) to ensure sufficient Funds are available. Once Satisfied will pass R76.

Although, at this stage, eligibility Test is completed your account may not be updated at this stage. Immigration Officer will approve your file and send it for A40 Test and if passed will approve your file as eligible.

A16 (Admissibility on Medical Ground)

At this stage, you will be requested for Medical Certificate or else your Upfront Medical Report will be obtained from your Panel and conclusion will be made on Health concerns.

Applications may be rejected if Health of a Person can impose a threat to Canadians health or will be expensive to treat under Public Health. This includes any health concerns with Children or anyone accompanying with the principal applicant. Good Panelist will inform you the same day regarding your X-Ray and other tests results except for Blood Test, which they usually inform within 2-3 working days if you have any health problem. Therefore, it is better to wait 2-3 working days after Upfront Medical before you apply with IRCC.

Once verified officer will pass and update your file. A11 and A16 Test are started together, however, A11 will take much more time to verify documents.

Criminal Record Verification

After A16 is passed, your first Background Check will be performed and your file will be updated. The status will change from Not Applicable to either In Progress (also referred as IP1) or Next step is to conduct Background Check (also referred as NBGC or IP1).

In this Stage, your Police certificates will be verified and assured that they meet the criteria’s of IRCC as well. In addition, they will send requests to all countries you have visited and obtain clearance from them. If these countries are quick to respond, then your file will move to Not Applicable again in few weeks’ time.

Step 3: Assessment for Misrepresentation and Fraud (A40)

This stage will start once both the A11 and A16 including Criminal Verification is completed. In this stage, your file status will change from Not Applicable to In Progress (also referred as IP2) and will be the final stage before PPR. At this stage, you may be required to take Interview or other checks may be performed. Once A40 is passed, you will receive PPR and you will be required to send Passport to your Visa Office for Stamping and receiving CoPR.

This is the general guide for understanding process only however in reality each candidate and stream may see a different kind of trends.

Part 2 of 2: Most Common Reasons for Rejection

Most common is PCC:

a. Not included

b. No Coloured Scan attached

c. Dates don't cover complete period of stay (for e.g. you stayed in one address until 13th August but PCC cover dates till 31st July – don’t miss even one day)

d. The wrong PCC attached (includes not attaching PCC where you have lived more than 6 months – calculate your stay duration by adding all stays and include PCC if combine stay is 180 days or more)

e. LOE: Not writing explanation of why you weren’t able to attach PCC required and what you have done so far – attach evidence such as PCC Application submitted

f. Incomplete Documents – Some countries require additional documents such as consent forms for IRCC to directly get info therefore, it is important to read carefully CIC Guidance for each specific country before applying.

g. States PCC – Some countries do not have Central/Federal PCC System and therefore, you are advised to get PCC from all states you have lived (For work, study, and residential purpose excluding short stays). In addition, read CIC guidance, as they sometimes require Federal PCC as well instead of just State PCC.

h. Change in Circumstance such as visiting country after having PCC will not remain valid so you need to be careful and may need to apply for PCC again.

Medical Reports:

a. This includes failure to get Upfront Medical or After Letter from IRCC for any reason.

b. In addition, if you have any physical or mental issues the IRCC will reject your application and will advise you to set a meeting with your panellist for further advice or treatment plans – I know some people who recovered after some medication or physiatrist help and got PR later on.

c. Very rare but most significant error I saw was when one person submitted a report from a doctor who was not registered as approved panellist – see from CIC website before booking appointment.

d. Ensure you know what tests are required. Although, it is very rare on one occasion candidate only told panellist that she needs a test for Canada not indicating PR (nowadays for EE) and result was that Full Examination was not done resulting in rejection. {However, that panellist was dropped from approved list after short time but you must be careful if you are not booking appointment from well-reputed institute or Doctor.}

Conversion of Files:

a. Only convert files in the approved format and not just what suits best to you

b. If you are using software’s or online tools for PDF conversion then it is recommended to test it on different readers (such as Foxit or Adobe) before submitting. IRCC will be using Adobe Acrobat so make sure your files (all pages) will open in it. There is a case where IRCC rejected the incomplete application due to files not opening in Adobe (file was converted using Foxit).

c. Your documents must be clear and readable after reducing its size (it is recommended to not have a file below 150)

d. Always convert or scan your file in Color version unless where states by the IRCC to have a grayscale or black and white.

Passport and Visa Status:

a. It is important to attach your Passports and Residential Cards (if applicable) along with your file.

b. Make sure all pages with stamps are also included as IRCC rejected the application in past for not having a stamp for existing of one of the countries.

Education:

a. Not including ECA report or only including ECA number

b. Not including Degrees and Transcripts – please note that IRCC will reject incomplete files unlike OINP, which asks for additional information.

c. If you have distant learning course or studied in a different country than where the Institute is located then include this in Letter of Explanation and clearly mention your status.

Experience:

a. Not including Job responsibility letters or not matching with NOC.

b. Documents submitted cannot be verified the due lack of information of company available online.

c. Company registered in the house or residential area that may raise the question on quality of work performed.

d. Could not answer questions or satisfy officer during a formal interview.

These are the most common Reasons identified from the sample of more than 1,000 applicants in 2016/17.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by veleta: 6:29pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hi my London peeps,we got ADR today for the ff documents:
Contract of employment letter
Pay slips from Jan till date
Evidence of registration with PSN
Tax employment document
Then reference letter from Nysc employer which wasn't included under work experience but personal history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MrsBee: 6:46pm On Oct 12, 2017
veleta:
Tax employment document
Then reference letter from Nysc employer which wasn't included under work experience but personal history.

What’s your AOR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MrsBee: 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2017
eddycross:
Hopefully you're almost there. I was on NA2 for 12 weeks.

its not easy.

Very annoying wait. I can’t wait to see a positive movement.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by veleta: 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2017
July 14th
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 6:52pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hey Veleta Progress o, that is good. What is registration with PSN by the way. Is it a professional body and by the way what is it with London and tax clearance. Maybe i should go and get my own ready o.

veleta:
July 14th
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hello my people!

Please I would like to confirm:

I just received an email from WES that my ECA is complete with a "Download PDF Report" button. I downloaded the PDF report and I can see my ECA# at the top right hand of the PDF.

Just to be sure, please can i put this ECA number on my EE profile? Or do I wait for the hard copy which has been sent through UPS before I enter the pool?

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by blackfm: 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
smslive2:
Q: How to find my visa office?

A: Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: Bleep
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker

@40malappy please include this on page 0. thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
veleta:
Tax employment document

Hi velata. Just to be sure is it PSN or PCN? Please Do you have any idea why this list of ADR?
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.