Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? (1121 Views)

Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? / Why Do Some Ladies Invite Their Ex-boyfriends To Their Wedding? / At What Stage In Life Is It Okay For A Man To Have A Fiancée? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by moorevic(m): 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
Am not saying they should be enemies or not be in good terms but the idea of calling up every minute of the day is really a cause to be worried about.
Even when you are in a new relationship and he/she still maintains that sort of closeness with the ex, it will definitely lead to a break-up because one thing i know for sure is that that old feeling will one day be ignited unknowingly.
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by Lewaluv(f): 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
I am close to my ex..Even my new man consult him.
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by lalanice(f): 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
are you asking or telling? undecided

one thing people need to know is that situations are not dsame with everybody. some people can easily stay friends with an ex without the thought of cheating with them, keep in mind that it depends on how they became ex. but for the sake of an insecure partner you might have to totally drop a good ex
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2017
Some people break up with their exes not because they want to but because they have to for example genotype, family etc

Now even after their break up they still have feelings for each other no matter how little and because they can't act on those feelings they resign themselves to just being frds

Now if your partner is just friends with his/her ex you have to learn to accommodate and trust but if you can't just pack yourself and leave instead of making it an issue.
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by muller101(m): 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2017
It is very ok. Being in a relationship should be like watching movies with ur DVD player. Pause when u choose to. And play when u feel like.
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by Zhahovic(m): 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2017
lalanice:

one thing people need to know is that situations are not dsame with everybody. some people can easily stay friends with an ex without the thought of cheating with them, keep in mind that it depends on how they became ex. but for the sake of an insecure partner you might have to totally drop a good ex

If your ex is good....she/he should not be your ex.....my opinion though
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2017
No. Its not good.
Let bygones be bygones.
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2017
Zhahovic:

Exactly.
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by XendersPride(f): 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
Rorachy:
No. Its not good.

Let bygones be bygones.
Absolutely

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
grin

I cant..

I make sure when im done with his azz, No DATABASE will be saved... cool

"TOO MANY FISH IN THE SEA"

Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
hmmmm no comment.
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by lalanice(f): 1:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
Zhahovic:

well, not all ex were ex for a bad reason, that's why I said situations may differ
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 21, 2017
its up to d person.. If kipin close touch wit ur ex generates litle touchy feelings den stay clear.... As for me ,i prefer being frnds cus wen we start formin d ' i wont talk to u tin ' , den i wud start tinkin of d guy.. So being frnds wit dem isnt bad at all, infact u guys cud b grt frnds
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by Zhahovic(m): 2:23pm On Aug 21, 2017
Rorachy:
Exactly.
Yes rora!
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by Zhahovic(m): 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
lalanice:
well, not all ex were ex for a bad reason, that's why I said situations may differ
Hmmm....noted
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by Horlohlah: 2:26pm On Aug 21, 2017
Close up ni... why did they break up then when they needed to be close. undecided
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
I never exactly got over my exes, two of them. The minute we begin to talk again, feelings surge up and I begin to miss being with them again.
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by Ruthydear(f): 6:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
hmmmm it depends sha,i'm still frnds wt my ex,even after a messy breakup,it was very hard for me to forgive him bt i had to,evn wen he never apologised,,we communicate freely,than wen we were dating...
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by MoraxLanre(m): 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2017
Lewaluv:
I am close to my ex..Even my new man consult him.
He be Oracle? wink cheesy
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by bamisepeters(m): 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
lalanice:

forget all others, the bolded is the concern.
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by Lewaluv(f): 7:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
I tink they want to do ritual on me. undecided
MoraxLanre:
He be Oracle? wink cheesy
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by mimopel(f): 7:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
NO!!...an ex is an 'Ex' put them where dey belong....in the past.
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by MoraxLanre(m): 7:20pm On Aug 21, 2017
Lewaluv:
I tink they want to do ritual on me. undecided
Funny You grin
Re: Is It Okay For A Partner To Still Be Close To Their Ex(s) Even After Break-up? by lalanice(f): 7:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
bamisepeters:
forget all others, the bolded is the concern.
well

(1) (Reply)

Why I Think Prostitutes Are Brave / Why Women Find It Hard To Quit Abusive Relationships / Guys Or Ladies; Who's Smarter / Wiser?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.