Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,504 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight - Sports (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (142790 Views)

Drama In The Tunisia Vs Mali Game As Referee Ends Match In The 89th Minute / Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match / Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by cyril83(m): 6:29am On Aug 27, 2017
mexxmoney:

Pacman was not robbed, Mayweather out pointed him. Manny pacquiao is a brawler but one thing you need to now is that whenever a boxing bout goes the distance, it is not how many punches you throw or how powerful your punches were that matters. It's how many clean shots to the face that accounts for the points. Mayweather is a master at landing clean shots and Manny is not. This is the same reason Manny lost against Jeff horn

You need to watch, watch and watch that match again and again... They robbed the world.

You ask yourself why Floyd would never accept rematch... Just ask yourself. If a fighter wins a clean fight, a rematch is just an additional bonus, if you don't know ask AJ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by VickyRotex(f): 6:29am On Aug 27, 2017
Sniper12:
u knw nothing about boxing. A man weighing 68k shud put on weight to fight joshua at 113kg. How is dat healthy or possible.

It's possible by eating Fufu everyday cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by blackaxe78: 6:29am On Aug 27, 2017
LastMumu:

For an amateur boxer to go 10 rounds against a boxer of Mayweather's status, in his own sport, in his own country? Dude deserves massive respect.

How many rounds do you think Mayweather would last in a ufc fight against McGregor in Dublin?

What re u trying to imply?

FMW has won and stop baseless comparisons

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by mikejj(m): 6:29am On Aug 27, 2017
grin cheesy even if there is no light i wil watch it on my radio.wrestling fm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by ladkud(m): 6:30am On Aug 27, 2017
Jacksparr0w1207:
His category will never take anything away from his greatness. He came, saw and conquered all. He's one of the greatest boxers the world will ever see. 50-0 no be beans o

Plus he's not even qualified for heavyweight. His weight and size

That's why you have to put "welterweight champion" in the history of boxing
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by SirHenry105(m): 6:30am On Aug 27, 2017
He's undefeated..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Sarang(f): 6:30am On Aug 27, 2017
Sarang:
So who do you think gonna win?

Like for Floyd. Share for Connor

I am for Floyd..

I took my chances even before the game began.. I knew nothing about boxing, this is my first time. But after watching Mc's noisemaking, I knew dude was gonna lose. Noisemakers always lose.. cry

7 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by AuroraB(f): 6:31am On Aug 27, 2017
BroZuma:

http://bigtopapps..com/2016/04/dave-chappelle-rick-james-quotes.html?m=1

Meaning Mayweather no go stop to talk about the beating McGregor chop... grin grin grin grin
Thanks for this smiley

Mayweather is boisterous grin
That's certain
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by mexxmoney: 6:31am On Aug 27, 2017
YungJo207:

Abeg do your search and see how much was ready to be thrown In a re match, do re search well about that first fight sef you'll see clearly why mayweather was scared of Manny...Manny was rob off that match that was why they had Jeff to decide cause he ha his bet on mayweather and even was close to mayweather .....so you see my friend that fight was a scam.

Speculation is different from reality. All those speculation in the media doesn't matter. The question is did any promoter drop the money for the fight? NO. Same thing happened with McGregor, mayweather said he wasn't interested in fighting Connor and people were already saying he was scared but once someone dropped the amount of money he wanted, he came out of a two year retirement and whooped McGregor. With Floyd, it's all about the cash. That's why he is called "money" . even if he retired today again, if any promoter guarantees him the money he wants, I assure you he will fight Manny again and beat him a second time

3 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by toastedbread: 6:32am On Aug 27, 2017
Lordave:
Thanks to Nairaland, little pictures, detailed analysis from Naptu2 and other people I can't name. I knew Money will win but Mc exceeded my expectations, though.

Even with Compact Plus subscription on DSTV I still couldn't watch the fight.

I enjoyed the first few rounds when McGresgor was throwing punches... made us feel he's got what it takes.

DSTV is a no-no. Get an android box. it's for moments like this.

6 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by blackaxe78: 6:32am On Aug 27, 2017
cyril83:

You need to watch, watch and watch that match again and again... They robbed the world.

You the only one complaining

The world never complained!

It was an all round tactical display by floyd and the score card displayed it.

Pac was just all out without points. May came out at calculated times and dealt straight punches to the head.

You should know what boxing is all about! aint street fight!

5 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by butterflylion: 6:33am On Aug 27, 2017
SirHenry105:
He's undefeated..

You just can't beat the bond between a father and his son. MayWeather stuck to advice from his father. I can bet his father will get a chunky part of his pay off.

MayWeather just became a legend!

7 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by ddippset(m): 6:33am On Aug 27, 2017
Sheun001:

respect my foot
he agreed cux of the money man
he saw money he had never seen in his life
so who in that situation won't give it a try
so would you go into the ring with mayweather for that amount?

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Sarang(f): 6:33am On Aug 27, 2017
AuroraB:
Thanks for this smiley

Mayweather is boisterous grin
That's certain

But he was really calm in the onset savoring his moment..

He should stop hitting women though..
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 27, 2017
ladkud:

That's why you have to put "welterweight champion" in the history of boxing
No bro. It's History of Boxing grin cheesy
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 27, 2017
ddippset:
so would you go into the ring with mayweather for that amount?
would you not? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by mexxmoney: 6:34am On Aug 27, 2017
cyril83:

I have watched that fight more times than you can imagine. It was a lesson in boxing artistry by Floyd. You don't waste your time throwing wild punches, you go for clean shots on the face and accumulate your points. It's just like football, it doesn't matter the amount of possession you have, it's the number of goals u score that matters

15 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by justi4jesu(f): 6:35am On Aug 27, 2017
Mcgregor just tweeted that the fight felt more like a business transaction than a fight. I said it, na money cause am. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by SirHenry105(m): 6:36am On Aug 27, 2017
butterflylion:

You just can't beat the bond between a father and his son. MayWeather stuck to advice from his father. I can bet his father will get a chunky part of his pay off.

MayWeather just became a legend!
that's right..
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Getintouch2004(m): 6:36am On Aug 27, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
The difference is the taste and the taste is the difference grin

if its not indomie, my brother it can never be indomie cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by ddippset(m): 6:36am On Aug 27, 2017
Jacksparr0w1207:
would you not? shocked shocked shocked
only if I plan to fake a concussion in round two.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by cyril83(m): 6:37am On Aug 27, 2017
blackaxe78:

You the only one complaining

The world never complained!

It was an all round tactical display by floyd and the score card displayed it.

Pac was just all out without points. May came out at calculated times and dealt straight punches to the head.

You should know what boxing is all about! aint street fight!

Says who World never complained? What part of the world are you? Are you new on social media?

Many celebrities and world famous complained
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by VickyRotex(f): 6:37am On Aug 27, 2017
YourWife:

My dear... I could not even believe what I was seeing at the 6th round. Mc was staggering. At a point, I was hoping the Referee would call off the fight; it was already getting too dangerous.

lol. Same here. I dont have liver for all these kind of combat sports. I was hoping it'd be called off at the 4th/5th round sef. Mc had his mouth opened all through. grin grin
My own fear na sey make person no go die.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by unitysheart(m): 6:38am On Aug 27, 2017
YungJo207:

It too early to agrue abeg go watch that fight again then come back and comment.

NO kind am. Even Floyd said he owed the fans for the Manny fight and now he had paid his debts.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by unitysheart(m): 6:38am On Aug 27, 2017
YungJo207:

It too early to agrue abeg go watch that fight again then come back and comment.

NO mind am. Even Floyd said he owed the fans for the Manny fight and now he had paid his debts.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by blackaxe78: 6:38am On Aug 27, 2017
mexxmoney:

I have watched that fight more times than you can imagine. It was a lesson in boxing artistry by Floyd. You don't waste your time throwing wild punches, you go for clean shots on the face and accumulate your points. It's just like football, it doesn't matter the amount of possession you have, it's the number of goals u score that matters

You said it all

Case closed!

4 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by unitysheart(m): 6:39am On Aug 27, 2017
ladkud:
Instead of may weather retiring as a welterweight champion, why can't he progress to heavy weight championship to meet person like Nigeria born heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua. Am just saying any way congrats to him.

Boxing no be like that sir.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by maasoap(m): 6:39am On Aug 27, 2017
LastMumu:

For an amateur boxer to go 10 rounds against a boxer of Mayweather's status, in his own sport, in his own country? Dude deserves massive respect.

How many rounds do you think Mayweather would last in a ufc fight against McGregor in Dublin?
On the earlier thread, some post this in response to my post
Lakeside79:

Hague wouldn't last 1 round with McGregor
While I replied him with this:
Not McGregor's territory but Hague's territory, he will have difficult time adjusting to the rules, he will struggle.

Many nairalanders were carried away by emotion, simple. I just hope that you were not one of them, saying that McGregor would win.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by HEADYWORLD: 6:39am On Aug 27, 2017
what if the fight was not real

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by EmperorLee(m): 6:39am On Aug 27, 2017
Floyd Omekanaya Damjuma Agbabiaka Money Mayweather grin. Nwoke Oma Nwanne Odogwu.

5 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by butterflylion: 6:40am On Aug 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

lol. Same here. I dont have liver for all these kind of combat sports. I was hoping it'd be called off at the 4th/5th round sef. Mc had his mouth opened all through. grin grin
My own fear na sey make person no go die.

That kind of punch given to MC that could force catarrgh from his nose must have healed MC of his sinuses. MayWeather both won and healed MC cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 27, 2017
ddippset:
only if I plan to fake a concussion in round two.
I 100% will. It's only gonna last for few minutes cuz I'm never gonna make it past Round 1 and guess what, it's tati billion for the akant cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (50) (Reply)

Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.