Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,396 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight - Sports (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (142780 Views)

Drama In The Tunisia Vs Mali Game As Referee Ends Match In The 89th Minute / Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match / Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by stinggy(m): 6:40am On Aug 27, 2017
AuroraB:
Ayam not shook sad

Mr Money retires a champion shocked
He's a machine. Extraterrestrial being grin embarassed

Bia, I'm telling my brothers, I withdraw from the bet angry
Dem no gree. Igwe of our village must hear this sad
Aiye ma n'ika ooooo cry lipsrsealed cheesy
For whr dem dey back out? U no fit withdraw lailai angry
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by ddippset(m): 6:41am On Aug 27, 2017
vincentjk:
Mayweather won the fight.... Yes yes
yes
Am excited AF
and how much is your share? Mtcheew. Excited?

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by toastedbread: 6:41am On Aug 27, 2017
LastMumu:

For an amateur boxer to go 10 rounds against a boxer of Mayweather's status, in his own sport, in his own country? Dude deserves massive respect.

How many rounds do you think Mayweather would last in a ufc fight against McGregor in Dublin?

during the fight, MC was warned when he unintentionally used his fist. Mayweather won't do a UFC combat. You want him old bones to break?

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by maasoap(m): 6:43am On Aug 27, 2017
justi4jesu:
Mcgregor just tweeted that the fight felt more like a business transaction than a fight. I said it, na money cause am. cheesy cheesy
Was it because he didn't win or Mayweather didn't play his game, dance to his tune?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by LordOfNaira: 6:43am On Aug 27, 2017
LastMumu:

For an amateur boxer to go 10 rounds against a boxer of Mayweather's status, in his own sport, in his own country? Dude deserves massive respect.

How many rounds do you think Mayweather would last in a ufc fight against McGregor in Dublin?

You are getting it all wrong. Mayweather is no martial artist, let alone, a mixed martial artist, so he may not last this long with McGregor in a UFC fight. Moreover, UFC fights don't really last that long.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by toastedbread: 6:43am On Aug 27, 2017
maasoap:

On the earlier thread, some post this in response to my post

While I replied him with this:

Many nairalanders were carried away by emotion, simple. I just hope that you were not one of them, saying that McGregor would win.

I was on a 60% McGregor to win.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 27, 2017
Preetiex:
winner ooo mayweather don win cheesy
yeah i knew he was going to win...mcgreg had no chance at all.. good morning.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by VickyRotex(f): 6:45am On Aug 27, 2017
butterflylion:

That kind of punch given to MC that could force catarrgh from his nose must have healed MC of his sinuses. MayWeather both won and healed MC cheesy cheesy

Hahahahahaaha cheesy cheesy OMG! Make una fear God na grin grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by abfan(m): 6:45am On Aug 27, 2017
frankolett:
You wicked grin grin grin

Dont mind him, There are weight classes for a reason, a heavyweight cannot fight a welterweight.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by IDnoble1: 6:45am On Aug 27, 2017
The fight was below the noise made about it by the media. highly over hyped

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 27, 2017
ladkud:
Instead of may weather retiring as a welterweight champion, why can't he progress to heavy weight championship to meet person like Nigeria born heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua. Am just saying any way congrats to him.

How on earth do you expect him to put on 100 extra pounds with his small frame? Joshua weighs 260lbs, Mayweather has never weighed more than 150lbs in the ring

How do you expect him to close down a 10 inch difference in height? Joshua is 6'6; Mayweather is 5'8

Some people just talk, talk, talk. No sense at all

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by AuroraB(f): 6:46am On Aug 27, 2017
Sarang:

But he was really calm in the onset savoring his moment..

He should stop hitting women though..
I wouldn't pity any woman he hits. What the heck is she doing around him. These people are often angrier than Eminem shocked sad grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by morganist99(m): 6:46am On Aug 27, 2017
Chai see traffic....meanwhile Liverpool vs Arsenal next up
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by butterflylion: 6:47am On Aug 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

Hahahahahaaha cheesy cheesy OMG! Make una fear God na grin grin

Now that is how to heal anyone of demonic sinuses. A punch that resets the body chemistry and forces infections out.

But men that punch was uuuuuugggglllyyyy!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by AuroraB(f): 6:47am On Aug 27, 2017
stinggy:

For whr dem dey back out? U no fit withdraw lailai angry
They gotta 'consider' embarassed sad
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by AAinEqGuinea: 6:48am On Aug 27, 2017
I doubted my race...

i thought Mayweather would throw the fight.

Maybe I should start believing in Buhari too.

5 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by ImDharay: 6:48am On Aug 27, 2017
toastedbread:

UFC and Boxing skills are very different. Connor didn't rehearse enough.
Didn't rehearse enough? seems you
don't know how long this fight has been on...
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by BekeeBuAgbara: 6:48am On Aug 27, 2017
Sanchez01:

The emboldened sums it up. The weakest heavy weight boxer could beat Floyd hands down in a bout.

This is why there are classes and weights, and for every of Floyd's citation or profile that would be read in the nearest future, his weight would be included.

It is funny how Mammy becomes the reference to Mayweather's boxing career and you sounded like you just started following boxing recently.
What are you talking about, do you think 50-0 record is a joke in boxing?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by LordOfNaira: 6:50am On Aug 27, 2017
ladkud:

That's why you have to put "welterweight champion" in the history of boxing

Brother, this is ignorance. Boxing is boxing and boxers are judged based on skills and records, not on class.

Heavyweight is just a class. Being a heavyweight boxer does not mean you have more skills than a welterweight boxer. Everyone cannot fight in the heavyweight class because of weight differences. But you can become one of the greatest boxers of all time irrespective of the class you are fighting in.

8 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 27, 2017
cyril83:

You need to watch, watch and watch that match again and again... They robbed the world.

You ask yourself why Floyd would never accept rematch... Just ask yourself. If a fighter wins a clean fight, a rematch is just an additional bonus, if you don't know ask AJ.
#Fact
Manny won that Fight against Floyd.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by VickyRotex(f): 6:51am On Aug 27, 2017
butterflylion:

Now that is how to heal anyone of demonic sinuses. A punch that resets the body chemistry and forces infections out.

But men that punch was uuuuuugggglllyyyy!

lol. cheesy cheesy I tell you! The knock out was absolutely in favour of Mc. Dude for dey hospital bed by now.
But like someone said, the media really overhyped this game. undecided

May tried though. Retiring, with a 50-0. Nice record!

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by soldierdollar(m): 6:54am On Aug 27, 2017
ladkud:
Instead of may weather retiring as a welterweight champion, why can't he progress to heavy weight championship to meet person like Nigeria born heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua. Am just saying any way congrats to him.

Nigerians... which one be am just saying grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Getintouch2004(m): 6:54am On Aug 27, 2017
toastedbread:

I enjoyed the first few rounds when McGresgor was throwing punches... made us feel he's got what it takes.

DSTV is a no-no. Get an android box. it's for moments like this.

what's an android box?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by ashjay001(m): 6:56am On Aug 27, 2017
VickyRotex:
Chaii. Whoever took that shot, got it.
gringrin

6 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Storyteller123: 6:57am On Aug 27, 2017
Floyd Mayweather said he is not going to fight again after winning his 50th professional bout against Irishman Conor McGregor in Las Vegas Saturday night.

See Full Details Here http://www.splint.com.ng/2017/08/i-have-had-my-last-fight-mayweather.html

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Olaone1: 6:57am On Aug 27, 2017
justi4jesu:

He's already very tired. cheesy cheesy The man is tired one solid punch and he is out
You are right
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by justi4jesu(f): 6:58am On Aug 27, 2017
Olaone1:
You are right

tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by VickyRotex(f): 7:00am On Aug 27, 2017
ashjay001:

gringrin

lol. Una no go kill person.

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Ogbenimax(m): 7:01am On Aug 27, 2017
EmperorLee:
Floyd Omekanaya Damjuma Agbabiaka Money Mayweather grin. Nwoke Oma Nwanne Odogwu.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by cashmyles: 7:03am On Aug 27, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
lol mayweather go finish joshua with experience and tactics, joshua cant fight mayweather... but undertaker go render mayweather lifeless in 5minute..lol

AJ and Mayweather fight in different categories .AJ fight in the heavy weight. Possibility of em challenging each other even ain't feasible

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 27, 2017
AuroraB:
Thanks for this smiley

Mayweather is boisterous grin
That's certain

De nada

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply)

Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.