Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men (2132 Views)

Mistakes We Single Men Should Stop Making. / Dutch Official Advice To Single People: Find A Sex Buddy For Lockdown / The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by kzubyar(m): 2:28am On Aug 24, 2017
While you keep enjoying your single life and preparing to settle down soon. Here are the best pieces of advice married men have for their single guys.

1. This is how you know you’ve found ‘the one’

This might sound weird, but when my brother asked me how I knew if my wife was the one I told him that being around her felt like being alone, but a bit better. For me, even hanging out with some of my best friends can feel a bit draining. With my wife, it always just felt easy… I think that’s love (to me). Also, a friend of mine once told me that “love isn’t something you feel, it’s something you do”. Feeling love and telling somebody you love them is not enough – you have to show them with your actions

2. This is what you need to look for in a partner

Go for someone that you share common interests and philosophies in. A nice ass is great but hearing her bitch at you everyday for pointless stuff isn’t worth it. Find a person that cares about your interests, or at least will genuinely support the things that make you you. Even if they are of little interest to them. My wife doesn’t care one bit about softball, but she comes to my games to cheer and support me. It makes me feel so good to have her there.

3. How to know you’re ready for a relationship

If you are not willing to be vulnerable to your partner, you are not ready.

4. How to prioritise

Stop pursuing women more than you pursue your passions. Passionate people are very attractive–regardless of what they look like.

5. How to argue

When we disagree, it’s never me vs her. It’s us vs the problem.

6. Why you need to be honest

Be honest. Be brutally honest. Make sure they’re honest with you.

When people are dating or trying to get a date, they often slip into saying what they think the other person wants to hear, or presenting a version of themselves they think people want to see. It works in the short term. It’s garbage in the long term.

Be honest, find someone who likes honest you, and then you’re golden.
"I’ve been with my wife for 10 years, since we met aged 20. 4 great years, one TERRIBLE year, a period where we learnt we had to be really truthful with each other, followed by 5 fucking amazing years where we realised what we honestly wanted was the same thing."

7. Don’t rush

Don’t be in a hurry for any reason. If it’s right, she’ll still be around when the right time comes. If it’s not right, she’ll bounce before you’re married and you won’t have to deal with divorce proceedings!

8. Don’t ignore the niggles

If you are with someone and you think, “huh, that kinda bothers me when they do that” it will always bother you. You don’t magically start to like things that used to bug you. If you don’t discuss it (in a sane, calm, and non-threatening way) or at least try and understand why they are doing the thing that bothers you, it will just get worse and worse.

Adults are who they are going to be. Just hoping someone will change is a lost cause and you want to be with someone with whom you are naturally compatible. You don’t want to shape someone into your ideal person and people don’t want to be shaped.

9. And in the meantime…

Enjoy your time. Being married and being single are different and both have their advantages.

4 Likes

Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by LordIsaac(m): 5:04am On Aug 24, 2017
I luv this!

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by Beadex1(m): 5:41am On Aug 24, 2017
Best piece so far, well analyzed.

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 24, 2017
Very good. They apply to females too. #1 is perfect for introverts like me who're always drained after spending time with people.

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by kzubyar(m): 7:36am On Aug 24, 2017
LordIsaac:
I luv this!
naso bros

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by kzubyar(m): 7:37am On Aug 24, 2017
Beadex1:
most expecially bebss
Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by Rucheen(m): 8:33am On Aug 24, 2017
I think I like this.

My woman will be a lucky woman

2 Likes

Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2017
Not0fThis:
Very good. They apply to females too. #1 is perfect for introverts like me who're always drained after spending time with people.
True.
Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by butterfly777(m): 9:12am On Aug 24, 2017
Really nice write up. To me the most important things in a relationship:
1. Natural attraction.
2. Compatibility.
3. Mutual respect.
4.Tolerance.
5. Communication, and
6. Commitment.
Things should flow naturally without you feeling you need to always do something special to be accepted by your spouse.

2 Likes

Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by DOUBLEWAHALA: 9:42am On Aug 24, 2017
how I wish dat bubu can read this
Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by Daeylar(f): 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
This is nice

2 Likes

Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by kzubyar(m): 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
Beadex1:
thanks
Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by kzubyar(m): 9:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
Not0fThis:
loh drainer
Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by kzubyar(m): 9:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
aahaaaa no bi only babu
Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by kzubyar(m): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
Daeylar:
This is nice
abi?

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by Lalas247(f): 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
Well well well

This is some good Sh!t cheesy ride on op ride on

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by Daeylar(f): 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2017
kzubyar:
abi?
It really is

2 Likes

Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by iamJ(m): 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
Lalas247:
Well well well

This is some good Sh!t cheesy ride on op ride on
The meme no catch tongue all these Ms sira**

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by Lalas247(f): 9:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
iamJ:
The meme no catch tongue all these Ms sira**
Siratu anymore u wanna add
Lol the funny thing with these name u calling is what u don't get is when u tell certain someone a lie .. n the lie spreads u know the source n d joke ting is it ain't even true grin
Chidinma siratu lol so far from it so far ... na only one person know my real name n that person no even dey nl anymore ... grin

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by iamJ(m): 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
Lalas247:

Siratu anymore u wanna add
Lol the funny thing with these name u calling is what u don't get is when u tell certain someone a lie .. n the lie spreads u know the source n d joke ting is it ain't even true grin
Chidinma siratu lol so far from it so far ... na only one person know my real name n that person no even dey nl anymore ... grin
see note cheesy cheesy cheesy teasing you sha, got it from sound cloud, you uploaded a link to a voice note tongue
Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by kzubyar(m): 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
Rucheen:
I think I like this.

sure?
Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by kzubyar(m): 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
no bi only babu
Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by Lalas247(f): 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
iamJ:
see note cheesy cheesy cheesy teasing you sha, got it from sound cloud, you uploaded a link to a voice note tongue

https://soundcloud.com/lala2471/sounds-from-saturday-night

Did u here my mentions there ... wt does that tell u ?
Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by iamJ(m): 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
Lalas247:

https://soundcloud.com/lala2471/sounds-from-saturday-night

Did u here my mentions there ... wt does that tell u ?
you too like long talk, no time for plenty gist, saving my finger strength for baby, i was teasing argue the validity of my words in ur mind biko

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by Lalas247(f): 9:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
iamJ:
[b]you too like long talk, no time for plenty gist, saving my finger strength for baby, i was teasing argue the validity of my words in ur mind biko [/b]

U too u know grin
Anyhoo u know to find me if u want long talk
Re: Top 9 Pieces Of Advice To Single Men From Married Men by kzubyar(m): 9:30am On Aug 25, 2017
Rucheen:
I think I like this.

exepecting her to say that to you

(1) (Reply)

"If You Like Take Me To Court" - Proud Anambra Lesbian Gushes Over Her Lover / What Causes Our Boxers To Tear? / What Would You Call Your Wife Or Husband When You Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.