Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) (22433 Views)

Nigerian Couple Who Lived In Empty Uncompleted Building Shares Growth / "My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Forceful Sex & Beating" - Wife Tells Court / Nigerian Couple Show Why Husbands Should Help Their Wives At Home. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by RIPEnglish: 10:48am On Aug 24, 2017
OceanmorganTrix:

i always like ya ENGRIS
wink
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 24, 2017
NoToPile:
The story sounds somehow, a mother wouldn't hurt her 13month child on purpose I think. The boy was practically still a baby.

Those injuries sound too critical not to have been noticed by the mum. Will a mum notice a head swelling on a baby and keep quiet?

Yoruba women are loud, brash and violent. She was ready to kill the boy that day
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by TANKDESTROYER(m): 10:48am On Aug 24, 2017
good development....he will be brought up in a sane environment
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by mikeycharles(m): 10:52am On Aug 24, 2017
delishpot:
Yeye ,
They will beg and cry to be given a chance to prove their live only to end up killing the poor victim in the end. They should not release that child to them if they truly hurt him that bad intentionally. They think it is Nigeria where parents beat their kids like Muslims beat their slaves in this present day and the law would look the other way? They think UK has ignorant fools like Nigeria does? Fools that will say spare the rod and spoil the child. Educated illiterates who would support a father killing his son after finding out that his son was abused by a gay man? Thunder fire anyone that supports such barbaric acts on kids. May someone kidnapp you all and beat the living day lights out of you all.

The dad I pity.
Bros calm down, it seems you're taking this a little bit personal
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:55am On Aug 24, 2017
here I am begging for adoption... abeg one rich or middle class American family can come and adopt me , who care to adopt an adult I'm up for adoption , I denounce my Nigeria citizenship long time Ago

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Ladyjumong(f): 10:55am On Aug 24, 2017
Well, the UK govt. feels the child will nt be safe under his parent, but they are taking it too far. this is unfair

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by harizonal123(m): 10:57am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by LagosismyHome(f): 10:58am On Aug 24, 2017
NoToPile:
The story sounds somehow, a mother wouldn't hurt her 13month child on purpose I think. The boy was practically still a baby.

Those injuries sound too critical not to have been noticed by the mum. Will a mum notice a head swelling on a baby and keep quiet?

Hummm who said a mother cannot hurt that child. It happens daily

At 13 months he should never be unsupervised so what the excuse for his injuries ?. If his mum or aunty cannot answer then best the child is kept in care

For this alone self ; serious non-accidental harm

and then

failed to seek medical treatment for skin lesions, and left him in the care of the aunt for eight hours when he had a cut lip and she knew he was unwell.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by dustmalik: 11:00am On Aug 24, 2017
Ladyjumong:
Well, the UK govt. feels the child will nt be safe under his parent, but they are taking it too far. this is unfair
Taking it too far? You think UK is an insane society like Nigeria. Given the kind of injuries a boy of 13months old sustained, why didn't the mother seek for proper medical care for the child?
The point of the court is that the parents don't deserve the child.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Larasisi(f): 11:02am On Aug 24, 2017
Which type of wahala is this? Why are they wailing more than the bereaved? They definitely cannot love that child more than his parents whatever the justification for their actions. All has not been told of the story.
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Fearlez: 11:03am On Aug 24, 2017
What I see is a sophisticated baby factory in the UK where certain institutions are contacted by wealthy Britons to adopt children and African migrants are often easy target.

The father should have asked that the son be repatriated to Nigeria when he was first contacted to name a caregiver. That action finally sealed the conviction that he himself was not an eager parent to provide care for his own son.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Orobo2Lekpa: 11:06am On Aug 24, 2017
Larasisi:
Which type of wahala is this? Why are they wailing more than the bereaved? They definitely cannot love that child more than his parents whatever the justification for their actions. All has not been told of the story.

It is possible for others to provide better care for children than the birth parents
Not all parents love their children. People give birth to children and throw them into pits etc.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 24, 2017
This UK govt has turned something else with the way they forcefully take people's kids.

This case and that of Charlie Gard should actually scare the British populace. Govt has become the "first" daddy of any and everybody.

Scary.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Litmus: 11:07am On Aug 24, 2017
Parents need to fight hard to get back their boy. I did a stint in the UK Social Services and if for not wanting to appear undisciplined, I'd state blankly that a part of what the system does to black cultures, especially ones as competent and grounded as Nigeria ones, is to sestimatically destroy them. Deliberately too.Yup, that emphatic. They remove kids from families that employ thire cultural norms to bring them up as well rounded adults and institutionalise them. The kids invariably leave UK social care dysfunctional. Bet you, the majority of Nigerian kids in gangs, if you look at it, are from Social Care.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by AreaFada2: 11:09am On Aug 24, 2017
dustmalik:

Taking it too far? You think UK is an insane society like Nigeria. Given the kind of injuries a boy of 13months old sustained, why didn't the mother seek for proper medical care for the child?

The child is even lucky to be alive sef.

It could have all ended tragically.

Social services were too lenient with parents in some cases that ended tragically in the past. It ruined many careers and reputatoin of some local councils. They just cannot risk such again. The Court judges even less.

Non-Accidental Injury (NAI) cases often present quite innocently with "apparently" doting parents using sweet mouth to explain how he injured himself while playing. Not!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Orobo2Lekpa: 11:10am On Aug 24, 2017
Fearlez:
What I see is a sophisticated baby factory in the UK where certain institutions are contacted by wealthy Britons to adopt children and African migrants are often easy target.

The father should have asked that the son be repatriated to Nigeria when he was first contacted to name a caregiver. That action finally sealed the conviction that he himself was an eager parent to provide care for his own son.

You are quite wrong there. in Britain, there is a problem of not enough people willing to adopt or foster children of African, Caribbean descent or mixed race children.

Secondly, adoption is free in the UK. in fact the government gives tax breaks and other incentives to encourage adoption and fostering

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 24, 2017
Litmus:
Parents need to fight hard to get back their boy. I did a stint in the UK Social Services and if for not wanting to appear ubdecipllned, I'd state blankly that a part of what the system does to black cultures, especially ones as competent and grounded as Nigeria ones, is to sestimatically destroy them. Yup, that emphatic. They remove kids from families that employ thire cultural norms to bring them up as well rounded adults and institutionalise them. The kids invariably leave UK social care dysfunctional. Bet you, the majority of Nigerian kids in gangs, if you look at it, are from Social Care.

Which is why govt power must be limited at all cost. Govt is often the people's worst enemy. Imagine!!!

Who will take better care of a child? The person who suffered to birth that child or the one who is paid to look after the child, and who is more interested in keeping a job than in helping the child become the best version of his/herself?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Pearllait(f): 11:12am On Aug 24, 2017
Goddygee:
I no come understand this epistle but make I sha shook mouth for the Mata... since the UK government dem take care of the pikin make d parents kuku leave dem na, if to say the boy don mature na him for even say him no wan come back naija... hope say Una they feel am...

Abi ooo
You read my mind...
but pikin na pikin e no eazi to just let am go ..
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Ladyjumong(f): 11:14am On Aug 24, 2017
dustmalik:

u should get where em kumin frm. nt like em sayin what the did to the child is right, dz all started frm the anty nt the parent. beside dz happened 6yrs ago, dnt u tink it unfair to be in possesion of the child for gud 6yrs, the most hurtin aspect is that the even put up the child for adoption when both parent are stil alive,denyin the father who did nt even partake in the whole crime the right to ave access to his own blood son. take ur self to be in his shoe nd knw wat it feels like. deny u the right to see ur own son nd putin him up for adoption when u the father is still alive jus because of a crime commited yrs bck which i did nt even partake in. thats so unfair. seriously

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Litmus: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2017
Britain has nothing to teach Nigeria when it comes to bringing up children. If the parents or relations can get the boy, they should send him back to Nigeria FAST.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Goddygee(m): 11:16am On Aug 24, 2017
Pearllait:

Abi ooo
You read my mind...
but pikin na pikin e no eazi to just let am go ..
Since dem no no the value of the pikin the people wey sabi him value pass them they take of am...
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2017
this is serious!, but i know the UK child protection system. they will do the same to their own. but they are not been fair to the father for refusing him visa to attend the court hearing.

These parents needs to act fast before they lose their child to Adoption, once he is Adopted they will never see him again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by claremont(m): 11:17am On Aug 24, 2017
Litmus:
Parents need to fight hard to get back their boy. I did a stint in the UK Social Services and if for not wanting to appear undisciplined, I'd state blankly that a part of what the system does to black cultures, especially ones as competent and grounded as Nigeria ones, is to sestimatically destroy them. Yup, that emphatic. They remove kids from families that employ thire cultural norms to bring them up as well rounded adults and institutionalise them. The kids invariably leave UK social care dysfunctional. Bet you, the majority of Nigerian kids in gangs, if you look at it, are from Social Care.

Cultural norms in Nigeria regarding child discipline is considered child abuse in the UK, and deservedly so. There is no reason whatsoever to physically abuse a child, it's not done in any civilized society and therein lies one of the reasons for their economic advancement. As for your comment about some black kids joining gangs in the UK, the reason for that is a complex interplay of institutional discrimination and social deprivation. It has nothing to do with the lack of 'cultural norms', it's not as simplistic as you are making it sound.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by dataking: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2017
delishpot:
Yeye ,
They will beg and cry to be given a chance to prove their live only to end up killing the poor victim in the end. They should not release that child to them if they truly hurt him that bad intentionally. They think it is Nigeria where parents beat their kids like Muslims beat their slaves in this present day and the law would look the other way? They think UK has ignorant fools like Nigeria does? Fools that will say spare the rod and spoil the child. Educated illiterates who would support a father killing his son after finding out that his son was abused by a gay man? Thunder fire anyone that supports such barbaric acts on kids. May someone kidnapp you all and beat the living day lights out of you all.

The dad I pity.

Foolish idiot. And you will say you have a brain
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Fearlez: 11:25am On Aug 24, 2017
Orobo2Lekpa:

You are quite wrong there. in Britain, there is a problem of not enough people willing to adopt or foster children of African, Caribbean descent or mixed race children.
So why is the British government so eager to adopt one when he isn't even a citizen and his father has shown enough zeal to have his son back? The incidence cited for the cause of adoption was just one. So why the strict application of the full punishment without a warning waver?

Orobo2Lekpa:

Secondly, adoption is free in the UK. in fact the government gives tax breaks and other incentives to encourage adoption and fostering
Isn't that enough reason to adopt and get this incentives and tax breaks.
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Tokziby: 11:27am On Aug 24, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
The Nation gathered that the boy suffered a displaced fracture to the right femur, a metaphyseal fracture to the lower humerus, a right parietal fracture to the skull, a fracture of the first metatarsal bone and cut to the lip

That's some serious child abuse right there. While the Father has a right to attend hearings, I don't see anywhere he has addressed the evidence of abuse someone, probably from the family, inflicted on this boy.

"Child Abuse"?? How is it possible to abuse a child of 13month old and have those injuries?? The incident sounds like a domestic accident, probably a fall from a higher ground or from staircase. And the mother might have hesitated to take her to the hospital cos she would be charged exorbitantly since she's just a visitor, that could account for the 8 hours delay.
Another angle could be that the children of the aunt were responsible for the accident and didn't want to involve them cos they might have been left all alone without an adult supervision which would have resulted to the same punishment being meted out to the woman.
All in all, the UK authority do not do better in snatching children from their parents by giving them to foster parents, majority of these children do not end up well cos their foster parents dont really care about their moral or social well being, all they care about is the money they receive from the govt and allow the child all the freedom of this world to do whatever they like until they are 18.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by khiaa(f): 11:30am On Aug 24, 2017
Evablizin:
This one just weak ma life

Oyinbo people and their way of life,you dare not mess with your child directly or indirectly,once the take you to court and the evidence against you is clear and certain you're finished just hope and pray for God's intervention.

May God have mercy them

May God have mercy on that poor child. Damn savages.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by thundafire: 11:31am On Aug 24, 2017
Evablizin:
This one just weak ma life

Oyinbo people and their way of life,you dare not mess with your child directly or indirectly,once the take you to court and the evidence against you is clear and certain you're finished just hope and pray for God's intervention.

May God have mercy them
dnt mind dem dy think it's naija dat dier supporters with their fone will be snapping and saying ehya

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 24, 2017
A wake up call for those seeking 'greener pastures' in western countries with zero family values. If you absolutely must go there, leave your family at home.
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Tokziby: 11:35am On Aug 24, 2017
Litmus:
Parents need to fight hard to get back their boy. I did a stint in the UK Social Services and if for not wanting to appear undisciplined, I'd state blankly that a part of what the system does to black cultures, especially ones as competent and grounded as Nigeria ones, is to sestimatically destroy them. Deliberately too.Yup, that emphatic. They remove kids from families that employ thire cultural norms to bring them up as well rounded adults and institutionalise them. The kids invariably leave UK social care dysfunctional. Bet you, the majority of Nigerian kids in gangs, if you look at it, are from Social Care.

Very few people are aware of the end result of these children taken from their parents. Majority of them end up in drugs, gangs and prison cos their foster parents only care about the money they get from the govt and allow kids all the freedom of this world.
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by khiaa(f): 11:37am On Aug 24, 2017
NoToPile:

Just because a woman gives birth doesn't make her a mother. There has been thousands of these so called mothers who do harm to their babies. There was a savage who recently decapitated her baby

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Litmus: 11:38am On Aug 24, 2017
God's the smacking no smacking debate is long and complicated, not something to go into half-hearted. But I believe in smacking. And I believe it is highly dangerous and irrisponsible to dismiss its use without taking into considerations the diversity of the human condition. Middle class white individuals that are often the authors of such Happy Living and Lifestyle books from which the no-smacking fads grew as well as other sorts of child rearing methods, are the first to send thire children to publick/boarding schools when these fail. Most families haven't this get-out options.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Be Discrete With Your Moves / All About Babies / My Boyfriend Demands I Change My Church After Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.