Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) (22430 Views)

Nigerian Couple Who Lived In Empty Uncompleted Building Shares Growth / "My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Forceful Sex & Beating" - Wife Tells Court / Nigerian Couple Show Why Husbands Should Help Their Wives At Home. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by nickyboduns: 11:40am On Aug 24, 2017
am not agreeing to them putting up the kid for adoption angry sad
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by SURElee(f): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2017
How come the mother of the child neglected the said child after noticing the injuries on the child and where was she when the said child sustained those injuries because the write up said she went visiting a paternal aunty in the UK seeing she was visiting and not there to work? Even the aunty who is based there and who should know the laws regarding children took the baby's health condition with levity, abi them think say na Nigeria where some mother's allow their babies crawl about without clothes on and pick things from gutter?

Biko nu ndi UK me sef dey here, I need to be forcefully adopted.
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Tokziby: 11:43am On Aug 24, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Hummm who said a mother cannot hurt that child. It happens daily

At 13 months he should never be unsupervised so what the excuse for his injuries ?. If his mum or aunty cannot answer then best the child is kept in care

For this alone self ; serious non-accidental harm

and then

failed to seek medical treatment for skin lesions, and left him in the care of the aunt for eight hours when he had a cut lip and she knew he was unwell.

serious non-accidental harm , they just want to use the phrase to back their actions. How is it possible for a mother to inflict such injuries with broken bone and a cut to the lips. Such injuries could be attributed to a fall from the staircase. And the reason why the case is sounding somehow is simply because the mother and the aunt were covering up the detail of the accident which could have been much worse if revealed. Such a case could have been that the kids were left alone in the house without a supervising adult while the mothers were out jobbing as these are usually the case around Uk due to the high cost of babysitters. The two of them would probably loose their entire household if that was the case.
First to answer how an undocumented person is working with no permit, secondly, the aunt will be charged for aiding and abetting and thirdly, they will both loose their kids to the uk govt.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by modsfucker: 11:44am On Aug 24, 2017
I need to document all the beatings I received from my parents when I was a kid, and head to the nearest UK court for possible forceful adoption.
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by julietm123: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2017
I hope this child is not already damaged:identity crisis and all. Some Nigerian parents like abroad more than their life and that's what leads to these kind of things. You are in their territory and you still won't follow their laws or be more careful.
These white people on the other hand simply delight in separating black families. They bring up all kinds of charges esp against blacks just to destroy the family. May God help this couple get their son back. Cases like this full UK.
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by dacovajnr: 11:50am On Aug 24, 2017
EasyWork001:

Yoruba women are loud, brash and violent. She was ready to kill the boy that day
Did you read @ all? undecided

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Tokziby: 11:50am On Aug 24, 2017
SURElee:
How come the mother of the child neglected the said child after noticing the injuries on the child and where was she when the said child sustained those injuries because the write up said she went visiting a paternal aunty in the UK seeing she was visiting and not there to work? Even the aunty who is based there and who should know the laws regarding children took the baby's health condition with levity, abi them think say na Nigeria where some mother's allow their babies crawl about without clothes on and pick things from gutter?

Probably out jobbing and left children at home without adult while the accident happened. The case could have been much worse if the truth behind the accident is revealed. First to answer how an undocumented person is working with no permit, secondly, the aunt will be charged for aiding and abetting and thirdly, they will both loose their kids to the uk govt. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by julietm123: 11:51am On Aug 24, 2017
This isn't funny
the family involved is in great pains and it's not something to joke about.
modsfucker:
I need to document all the beatings I received from my parents when I was a kid, and head to the nearest UK court for possible forceful adoption.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 24, 2017
dacovajnr:
Did you read @ all? undecided

Because of his useless Afonja parentage, the boy will never return home. Maybe one day oyibo will even use him for organ farming if nobody can claim him

Dumb parents. Na only owambe these people sabi. Along with amala chewing

Quote me and develop explosive diarrhea angry
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by modsfucker: 11:56am On Aug 24, 2017
julietm123:
This isn't funny
the family involved is in great pains and it's not something to joke about.

On the contrary, my parents would be glad to have me adopted by the whites.... Who no like better thing? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by dacovajnr: 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2017
EasyWork001:

Because of his useless Afonja parentage, the boy will never return home. Maybe one day oyibo will even use him for organ farming if nobody can claim him

Dumb parents. Na only owambe these people sabi. Along with amala chewing

Quote me and develop explosive diarrhea angry
Shou! Lemme blv that you're pained coz you're not the one up for adoption as you'd see it as an opportunity to escape from poverty and elevate your already impoverished Life..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
Tokziby:

"Child Abuse"?? How is it possible to abuse a child of 13month old and have those injuries?? The incident sounds like a domestic accident, probably a fall from a higher ground or from staircase. And the mother might have hesitated to take her to the hospital cos she would be charged exorbitantly since she's just a visitor, that could account for the 8 hours delay.
Another angle could be that the children of the aunt were responsible for the accident and didn't want to involve them cos they might have been left all alone without an adult supervision which would have resulted to the same punishment being meted out to the woman.
All in all, the UK authority do not do better in snatching children from their parents by giving them to foster parents, majority of these children do not end up well cos their foster parents dont really care about their moral or social well being, all they care about is the money they receive from the govt and allow the child all the freedom of this world to do whatever they like until they are 18.

My friend child abuse also covers cases in which medical attention it's not sought on time. Do you realize the gravity of his injuries you just read ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by prince049(m): 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2017
dust144:
Fight well, they are your kids
you didnt read the post, did you?
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by prince049(m): 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2017
jashar:
na wa...
na that small wound dey make the British government vex?

undecided cheesy
can you take them all at once?
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by ebrithil: 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
NoToPile:
The story sounds somehow, a mother wouldn't hurt her 13month child on purpose I think. The boy was practically still a baby.

Those injuries sound too critical not to have been noticed by the mum. Will a mum notice a head swelling on a baby and keep quiet?

She must have noticed it and probably applied a pain relief balm like Rob or something as is d norm in Naija here.

But Oyinbo no wan hear dat 1
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by jashar(f): 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2017
prince049:

can you take them all at once?

i don't like beating ooo....
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Afolak(m): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
That is "UK" for you,"where the system works perfectly".
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by ebrithil: 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
It is also possible that the mother has plans to abandon the husband and stay in the UK with another man. In that case, she would also want the child to be there with her.

I say this because since 2012, her visitor's visa would have expired and she is supposed to have been deported. But since she was not, it means she applied for leave to remain (something she needs her passport for) and it was granted. Also, Nigerian passport expires in 5 years. I'm sure hers would have and she has renewed it over there. If her passport was seized as alleged, how was she then able to do the things i stated above.

I believe this is just a conspiracy to cheat d husband (I don't see the wife complaining). He should just accept his fate and move on with his life. One day, d child would seek his biological father.
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Lloydfolarin: 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
delishpot:
Yeye ,
They will beg and cry to be given a chance to prove their live only to end up killing the poor victim in the end. They should not release that child to them if they truly hurt him that bad intentionally. They think it is Nigeria where parents beat their kids like Muslims beat their slaves in this present day and the law would look the other way? They think UK has ignorant fools like Nigeria does? Fools that will say spare the rod and spoil the child. Educated illiterates who would support a father killing his son after finding out that his son was abused by a gay man? Thunder fire anyone that supports such barbaric acts on kids. May someone kidnapp you all and beat the living day lights out of you all.

The dad I pity.

Shut that gutter called mouth

You are an idiot for saying all this gibberish

They have every right to bring their children up in their homes regardless how UK govt feels

Tell me what i don't know, is it not the same stupid UK govt that has destroy the lives of her citizens by sparing the rod and destroyed the lives of their citizens

Is not the same stupid country where all immoralities have become d order of the day?

Is not the same country where 12,14 and 16yrs old girls are giving birth at every passing seconds?

Is it not the same stupid UK where children used Guns, knives and acid to kill themselves at every passing hour?

Is it not the same country where the most laziest citizens who depend on benefits are being pampered?

Is it not the same country where suicide is like a national competition?

Take their welfare(benefits) system out and see how bleeped up your so called UK ll look like.

Pls, tell me that i am lying about 80% of people living in that shit hole called UK are not living on credits while Nigerians use their hard earned money to buy their properties.

Your gloried UK can't survive a day without credit while Nigerians are surviving without it.

Don't ever bring your stupidity close to Nigeria issue again.

If the mother has committed an offence, the prosecutor ll charge the mother to court and she ll be dealt with but in the absence of evidence to charge her, she is free to have her child in her custody.

They could place the boy on a regular welfare check.

Temporary Welfare check is all is needed in this case

Do you think it's easy to walk away from your child who is being forced to live with a total stranger.

Do you think UK govt would have allowed this to happen to their own citizen in Nigeria? No.

The father should head to European human right court and get the custody of their child with alacrity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by mechanics(m): 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
I really feel for them, but why did his wife not seek medical attention for the boy when it was discovered he had those fractures and who might have reported the case to UK authorities?
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Orobo2Lekpa: 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2017
Fearlez:
So why is the British government so eager to adopt one when he isn't even a citizen and his father has shown enough zeal to have his son back? The incidence cited for the cause of adoption was just one. So why the strict application of the full punishment without a warning waver?

Isn't that enough reason to adopt and get this incentives and tax breaks.

1. May be they feel the parents are not responsible enough and the child would be better taken care of if adopted by a family that is looking for a child to share their love with

2. the tax breaks and incentives are not enough for one to turn adoption into a business. It is to reduce the financial burden of families that wish to adopt
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Orobo2Lekpa: 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

Shut that gutter called mouth

You are an idiot for saying all this gibberish

They have every right to bring their children up in their homes regardless how UK govt feels

Tell me what i don't know, is it not the same stupid UK govt that has destroy the lives of her citizens by sparing the rod and destroyed the lives of their citizens

Is not the same stupid country where all immoralities have become d order of the day?

Is not the same country where 12,14 and 16yrs old girls are giving birth at every passing seconds?

Is it not the same stupid UK where children used Guns, knives and acid to kill themselves at every passing hour?

Is it not the same country where the most laziest citizens who depend on benefits are being pampered?

Is it not the same country where suicide is like a national competition?

Take their welfare(benefits) system out and see how bleeped up your so called UK ll look like.

Pls, tell me that i am lying about 80% of people living in that shit hole called UK are not living on credits while Nigerians use their hard earned money to buy their properties.

Your gloried UK can't survive a day without credit while Nigerians are surviving without it.

Don't ever bring your stupidity close to Nigeria issue again.

If the mother has committed an offence, the prosecutor ll charge the mother to court and she ll be dealt with but in the absence of evidence to charge her, she is free to have her child in her custody.

They could place the boy on a regular welfare check.

Temporary Welfare check is all is needed in this case

Do you think it's easy to walk away from your child who is being forced to live with a total stranger.

Do you think UK govt would have allowed this to happen to their own citizen in Nigeria? No.

The father should head to European human right court and get the custody of their child with alacrity.

You have only read one side of the story which is the Father's side. If you hear both sides, you may see why the case will probably be lost in the European court
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by helovesme(f): 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2017
Afolak:
That is "UK" for you,"where the system works perfectly".

Gbam!!

When I tell people on this site that UK authorities do not play at all when it comes to the welfare of a child, they think I'm joking.

Those family courts don't play. They should even thank their stars they have small access to the child.

As long as the child is resident in the UK - whether or not the child is a UK Citizen, the government literally owns that child and will go to any length for the welfare of that child.

It will take the Grace of God for them to have full custody of that child before he's 18.

Making noise in the press won't help them. Their only hope is to demonstrate that they are good parents and they've repented from their negligent ways and then approach the courts again to see if the judge will change his mind.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by helovesme(f): 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
SURElee:

It's possible the child was not taken to a hospital immediately the injury happened/was noticed.

It's the doctors that would have called the police to report the injury.

It's the same UK that I read of a case of alledged child neglect. one of the allegations against the parents was that the child wasn't registered with a dentist. Imagine that!!

Those peeps don't play. From the doctors to the midwives to the health visitors who come to your house (whether you like it or not) for routine checks on the child right to the staff at the crèche. They are constantly watching the kids and parents like hawks. If anything doesn't sit well with them, they report it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by helovesme(f): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2017
the child has been in care since 2012.. . . . . and we are in 2017.

they should quietly accept their fate and wait till the child is 18 or work on their personal circumstances and prove to the courts that they are fit and proper parents.

all this noise in the media is a waste of time.

"the boy suffered a displaced fracture to the right femur, a metaphyseal fracture to the lower humerus, a right parietal fracture to the skull, a fracture of the first metatarsal bone and cut to the lip.''

look at the multiple injury the child sustained. how did his mum and aunt escape a prison sentence? angry

why did the previous nominated guardians - the mayodele - return the boy back to the government? were they getting threats from the boy's family in Nigeria? maybe this is the reason why the judge has refused to appoint any other guardian suggested by the boy's parents.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2017
dacovajnr:
Shou! Lemme blv that you're pained coz you're not the one up for adoption as you'd see it as an opportunity to escape from poverty and elevate your already impoverished Life..

E pain am! cheesy

You are a Yoro abi? Drink small broom soup, you go dey alrite wink
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by dumodust(m): 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2017
Litmus:
Parents need to fight hard to get back their boy. I did a stint in the UK Social Services and if for not wanting to appear undisciplined, I'd state blankly that a part of what the system does to black cultures, especially ones as competent and grounded as Nigeria ones, is to sestimatically destroy them. Deliberately too.Yup, that emphatic. They remove kids from families that employ thire cultural norms to bring them up as well rounded adults and institutionalise them. The kids invariably leave UK social care dysfunctional. Bet you, the majority of Nigerian kids in gangs, if you look at it, are from Social Care.
so they should have left them with the parents to break all their bones and turn them to unfeeling psychopaths if they survive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by hohia: 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
SmartyPants:

There was no evidence of abuse from the mother. Try to read first

Uk Govt has a guideline for Safeguarding. Seeing an abuse and not reporting it makes you an accomplice. Be it Domestic violence, Sexual abuse, financial exploitation, etc.

How could a mother witness such treatment on her baby and not cry out even to her husband in Nigeria. Not fair on the poor child. I don't think they deserve to see the child.

Check out the nature of injuries. The Baby must have been smashed with an object. These are not even smacking or beating type of injuries. They are not also normal areas children hurt themselves during play. These are naturally protected areas of the body. Again the UK authority has a duty of care to protect children and vulnerable people including women who are victims of domestic violence and rape. Nigeria has no place for such. In Nigeria these are norms...........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by SmartyPants(m): 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
hohia:

Uk Govt has a guideline for Safeguarding. Seeing an abuse and not reporting it makes you an accomplice. Be it Domestic violence, Sexual abuse, financial exploitation, etc.

How could a mother witness such treatment on her baby and not cry out even to her husband in Nigeria. Not fair on the poor child. I don't think they deserve to see the child.

Check out the nature of injuries. The Baby must have been smashed with an object. These are not even smacking or beating type of injuries. They are not also normal areas children hurt themselves during play. These are naturally protected areas of the body. Again the UK authority has a duty of care to protect children and vulnerable people including women who are victims of domestic violence and rape. Nigeria has no place for such. In Nigeria these are norms...........

Read the post i quoted and read my post again.
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by NoToPile: 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
EasyWork001:

Yoruba women are loud, brash and violent. She was ready to kill the boy that day

Really? Were you there or did anything from the post you read suggested she beat up the baby?

How the boy obtained the multiple injury is shady, who will beat up a baby to have those kind of terrible injuries, he most likely had a very serious in-house accident.

Not treating the boy properly seems to be the issue but the story sounds somehow, a child with that level of injuries ignored by the mother and aunt?
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by prince049(m): 5:11pm On Aug 24, 2017
jashar:

i don't like beating ooo....
see?...you sef check am.
Re: Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) by hayoholla(m): 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
flyca:
This boy is Nigerian-born but because he his in Britian, the British govt is taking it upon themselves to make sure the boy is safe and perfectly taken care of. How much more they pamper their own citizens.

Here, we don't even have a comprehensive data system yet for the people in our own country after 57 years of independence. If you like die, nobody send you! cry

Those guys (Brits) left Nigeria too early! Damn! I wish they could come back and recolonize us! Nigeria hasn't added a single value to itself since they left.

I won't respond to your comments. You can argue with your phone.

There is much to it than meet the eyes, i suspected something foul from the headline, might probably be one of the thousands of unlucky child's being abducted all over the world all in the guise of taking up this parents responsibilities, the UK and The USA are guilty of this, but its a pity only few knows what's being done underground. That is the reason while third world countries are being exploited the more. They will tell you the govt adopt children to cater for them, when intact it is abduction! That's why I doubt the visa lottery scheme of the USA then.
I am telling you the fact, this is no conspiracy theory. Thousands upon thousands of children are being abducted covertly and overtly all around the world by paedophile and satanic leaders and this case are usually swept under carpet or suppressed from reaching the public/media. Have you read about Cathy O'Brien case of being mindcontrolled and being raped by top USA politicians, I bet you don't know. Please read Nigerians , reaaaaaaaaaad! Theres a lot going underg that millions of people around the world know not of, especially the third world countries! Reality is now a deception! Don't believe and fall for any scheme or program or news you see on media, its a trap and tool for mind control. I wish you people can understand that it's not about travelling to america and the UK for greener pasture, you still meet the same evil and malevolent set of people over there, even worse! Its a very powerful network of evil men and reptilian race that controls the world, they have representatives in every political office and government in all countries of the world. I can't stress it enough.pls all you people reading this post, pls endeavour to read David ickes " the biggest secret". " and the truth shall set you free", Cathy o' Brien " trance formation of america"

The problem with Nigeria, cum african youth is we fail to read and researxh, we are used to being spoonfed all the time. Thank you and stay safe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Demands I Change My Church After Marriage / Be Discrete With Your Moves / Quality Europe And Asia Men Clothing And Accessories From 1500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.