Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (27828 Views)

What Was The Early Islamic Attitude Toward LGBTQ? / Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Why I Want To Quit Catholicism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2017
Blackfire:

Hi love, long time.
Sweetie, i came back from a one month ban two days ago.
Ha yu doin?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
MiddleDimension:

you should have proved it to me that i lied.

This is the greek orthodox church, one of those ancient churches the apostles planted. Please read up on their teachings in this link and tell me you didn't mistaken it for the Roman catholic church. https://www.goarch.org/-/teachings-of-the-orthodox-church
Are you sure you read what I posted? am very sure I didn't mention Greek Orthodox Church. i said Syrian and Lebanese Orthodox Churches. these ones are pure from Mariology or saintlihood.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Blackfire(m): 8:10pm On Aug 27, 2017
analice107:

Sweetie, i came back from a one month ban two days ago.

Ha yu doin?

I was banned for nearly 2 weeks just for viewing an Islamic section o, no comment o, just viewing...

Anyway I miss you, glad you are back. .

I hope this time they won't ban us 1 year... Hehehe
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2017
Blackfire:

I was banned for nearly 2 weeks just for viewing an Islamic section o, no comment o, just viewing...

Anyway I miss you, glad you are back. .

I hope this time they won't ban us 1 year... Hehehe
Hahhahahahaha. You went to the desert to see what there? You are lucky they didn't throw desert sand into your eyes
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Blackfire(m): 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2017
analice107:

Hahhahahahaha. You went to the desert to see what there? You are lucky they didn't throw desert sand into your eyes

*brings my desert eye sand close to you *

Abegi helepu me blow air for ma eyes.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by otr1(m): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2017
MiddleDimension:

those churches you mentioned all have teachings the same as the catholic church including the use of images in churches, mary, confession, infant baptism, etc. they have the same teaching you condemn the catholic church for. those teaching that makes it difficult for you to accept that the catholic church compiled the bible, these churches also have exactly the same doctrines and traditions. @analice107
Same way almost all protestants now worship on sundays.
I'm talking about early church before the corruption of the Catholics. And by the way, we still remnant of the early church who are pure, free from strange doctrines.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
Blackfire:

*brings my desert eye sand close to you *
Abegi helepu me blow air for ma eyes.
hhahahahahahahahahahahaha. Mr Black.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by makydebbie(f): 10:37pm On Aug 27, 2017
analice107:

Analice, I've missed you. You got banned?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by MiddleDimension: 11:13pm On Aug 27, 2017
otr1:

I'm talking about early church before the corruption of the Catholics. And by the way, we still remnant of the early church who are pure, free from strange doctrines.

http://sor.cua.edu/Intro/

@analice it seems the above link proves you wrong.

Reading through the link, the priest said something about celebrating feast of mary at different days. This means, like he said, mary is given high priority in their churches.

The article shows that they practice "mariology", as you called it, so much that they also believe that mary was assumed into heaven soul and body, just like the catholics do. They even celebrate the feast of the assumption of the blessed virgin like the Roman church you so hate, do.

I told you that the eastern orthodox church (including the syriac, lebanese, egyptian coptic and the ethiopian churches) as well as the catholic church all have the same teachings and 'traditions' you so hate.

The article also mentioned the syriac church do give joint whatever...i cannot remember anymore, with the catholic church.

For your information, st. Ignatius of Antioch, who was a deciple of st peter, was the one who coined the term "Katholikos", meaning Catholic. He was a bishop in the Syriac church. The two churches, the syriac and Roman catholic churches, all recognise each other's sacraments as valid. They even agree to baptise infants too. The very fact they have a st. Mary, means they also have sainthood like the western church do.

So next time, try to get your facts right before you try to comment on issues you know nothing about!

Before i forget, they also believe in confession as well.

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by MiddleDimension: 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2017
otr1:

does the "strange" doctrine as you call it, include confession too? That christians have the power to forgive sins too? The Syriac church also do the same!

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by MiddleDimension: 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syriac_Orthodox_Church

@analice, see your syriac church and compare with the catholic church and tell me they are not alike in doctrine.

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Blackfire(m): 5:51am On Aug 28, 2017
analice107:

If your smilling will remove the sand... Keep smiling. Ya gazie
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 7:19am On Aug 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Analice, I've missed you. You got banned?
Banned for One whole month for posting off topic. The MOD likes me so much that he hates me being around much. I came back from a 2weeks ban, and within days I was thrown back in for another month.
I have missed you too dear. How have you been?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by makydebbie(f): 8:37am On Aug 28, 2017
analice107:

Banned for One whole month for posting off topic. The MOD likes me so much that he hates me being around much. I came back from a 2weeks ban, and within days I was thrown back in for another month.
I have missed you too dear. How have you been?
Wow! That's so long and it's not fair. Off topic for a whole month! I've been here and there by God's grace I'm fine. You?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Wow! That's so long and it's not fair. Off topic for a whole month! I've been here and there by God's grace I'm fine. You?
Am good too. How is school?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by makydebbie(f): 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2017
analice107:

Am good too. How is school?
Fine dear, how's life?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by MiddleDimension: 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
after providing so much evidence, analice107 has cowered away from me

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 7:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
MiddleDimension:
Hmmm. Keep clapping for yourself for being the first to put me to flight.

Listen, some of us don't have landed properties in Nairaland, we've got lives to live and people depending on us. I'm not here to win an argument with you.

If you think idol worship is what will get you to Heaven, good for you. But pray what the Bible says isn't what will be used as a yardstick for judgement, because if it is, Mary or saints, wouldn't be able to help you.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2017
makydebbie:
Fine dear, how's life?
Life is Good dear.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by makydebbie(f): 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
analice107:

Life is Good dear.
We thank God.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by MrPresident1: 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
analice107:

Listen, some of us don't have landed properties in Nairaland, we've got lives to live and people depending on us. I'm not here to win an argument with you.

If you think idol worship is what will get you to Heaven, good for you. But pray what the Bible says isn't what will be used as a yardstick for judgement, because if it is, Mary or saints, wouldn't be able to help you.

Your style, your own style angry angry
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by MiddleDimension: 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
analice107:

i am an atheist who knows a bit about christianity. Your threats have no impact with me.

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 29, 2017
cheesy don't worry she will soon be back with the remix.
MiddleDimension:

4 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 10:27am On Aug 29, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:
cheesy don't worry she will soon be back with the remix.

You are trolling me now too? lol.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 29, 2017
analice107:
You are trolling me now too? lol.
you accused me of trolling, so I decided to troll for real wink

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 11:26am On Aug 29, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

you accused me of trolling, so I decided to troll for real wink
What do you want from me?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by otr1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
MiddleDimension:

does the "strange" doctrine as you call it, include confession too? That christians have the power to forgive sins too? The Syriac church also do the same!
If you're talking about the 20th or 21st century syriac Church, I can relate with.
I'm talking about the Syriac church of the time following the time of the Apostles...before there is anything called catholic. I'm talking about the Syriac church of the 3rd century when Lucian edited the original greek NT manuscript (the Received Text). This edition preceeded the Latin Vulgate of the Roman Church. The wonderful man that did this job was never credited for it, just like many others. He and many others were never in agreement with any doctrine of the Catholic church. The fact that churches where they once lived now adopt catholic doctrines can not invalidate their labor.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by MiddleDimension: 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2017
otr1:

If you're talking about the 20th or 21st century syriac Church, I can relate with.
I'm talking about the Syriac church of the time following the time of the Apostles...before there is anything called catholic. I'm talking about the Syriac church of the 3rd century when Lucian edited the original greek NT manuscript (the Received Text). This edition preceeded the Latin Vulgate of the Roman Church. The wonderful man that did this job was never credited for it, just like many others. He and many others were never in agreement with any doctrine of the Catholic church. The fact that churches where they once lived now adopt catholic doctrines can not invalidate their labor.

christians having the power to forgive sins is an anti-bible doctrine, is what you are saying?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by otr1(m): 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2017
MiddleDimension:

christians having the power to forgive sins is an anti-bible doctrine, is what you are saying?
If you offend me, ask for my forgiveness and I forgive you, that's one thing. But you to confess all your sins to me and I declare you are absolved of them all, is another.
If anyone can just declare a sinner, sinless, after listening to his/her confessions, of what purpose was the sacrifices for sin instituted by God for the Israelites? Of what purpose is the sacrifice Jesus made for mankind at calvary?
Anyone that's pretending to have the power to forgive your sins belongs to the anti christ system. You can't justify that with the Bible.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2017
otr1:

You guys are just ignorant.

The syraic orthodox Church and all the orthodox churches are ancient churches, they don't add up new doctrines, infact since they broke Communion with the Roman Church 1000yrs ago they have not adopted any Roman Catholic practice, they have their bishops with apostolic succession, they have valid sacraments and ancient doctrines.

The entire ancient Church always had mariology and saints and images and all these doctrines, that is why they are all similar to the Roman Catholic Church.

If you check the syraic orthodox Church of the 19th,18th 17th 16, 15, 14,..... 10... 8.. 6 5 4 3, 2... Century you will still meet these teaching.

In case you don't know lucian was a priest in the alexandrian Christian school, he was in Communion with bishop cyril, cyril was in Communion with the Roman pope.
That means
Lucian was a Catholic priest... Who had the misfortune of teaching heretics like arius.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Spell To Change Your Eye Color / The Lover Boy Who Fell In Love With The Wrong Lover / Will You Go To Heaven With Tattoo ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.