Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (27915 Views)

What Was The Early Islamic Attitude Toward LGBTQ? / Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Why I Want To Quit Catholicism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by MiddleDimension: 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/1163177/bishop-oyedepos-caananland-shapes-demonic

talking about who the LovePeddler of babylon is, i think here is a post that portrays Oyedepo as being involved in illuminati etc.

The point i am trying to make is: alot of people have been called the antichrist, LovePeddler of babylon etc, among whom are of course like you said, the pope/catholic church, Obama, Micheal Jackson and even your Oyedepo have all been called the anti-christ. So the question is: how many anti-christs are there? I can post pictures in which oyedepo was portrayed as the devil himself with mighty horns. So what do you say about that?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by MiddleDimension: 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
No, the church "wasn't doing so well" like you think. Even in the first century, there were heresys going on among christians. There were some people who taught what you would describe as the wrong teachings to 'decieve' people. This made it necessary to pull together a cannon which was going to be the book used in worship. Before then, there were so many books rotating among the christians. Some taught what you would call the truth, others taught what you would called an outright lie, and yet other books presented the teaching of jesus in a romantic way "if you know what that means). Some of the books contained stories that talked Jesus motioning his hands in a way and a dove would be created.

Now going by the person you guys presented Jesus to be, as that person who is all powerful, its not like he doesn't have the power to create a dove in that manner, but is that why you believed in Jesus...because he could create a dove like that, or because you would like to learn how he did that so that you would be able to do the same?

These are some of the reasons why it was necessary to have a canon. So no, the catholic church wasnt doing very well before the 4th century. There were challenges that made it necessary to have a canon.

Note that i said catholic church because it has always been the catholic church since the coming of the holy ghost at the upper room.

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by MiddleDimension: 7:43pm On Sep 30, 2017
@analice let me ask the question why it pricks you so much that the catholic church compiled the bible?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2017
MiddleDimension:

i am an atheist, and pls let no one tell me that because of that, i am the last person to have an opinion here.

Yes, Jesus was given the scrol of Isiah to read, that's because the Jews had already completed their cannon in the concil of jamnia 33 BC and the catholics never claimed they compiled the OT as they only adopted that from the jews.

Secondly, you people talk in a way that i feel you are very much afraid of something! Some people asked me what it would cost me to believe in god and i only need to look at the attitude i am seeing here to be able to be greatful for not believing in the god delusion. To believe in god, judging from the attitude i am seeing from you in particular, i have to say that it would cost me my open mind. Just because you do not like a people doesnt mean you should deny what those people have done that has impacted on even you!

This is one one the down sides of being too hateful, prejudiced and ultra-propagandist towards another person; you find it difficult, almost impossible, to agree that these people you have demonized for long, are actually not the way you have made them out to be and must have done one or two things that you may be astonished to discover!

If to say you fit say na winners compile the bible, you for talk so, but because you know say e day outrightly ridiculous, na wetin make wey you no talk so.

Lastly, this thred wasn't opened by the catholics, it was opened by a non catholic who, like you found it scandalous that the catholics have ever done anything worthwhile.

The thread is not about what one must posess to enter into the kingdom of god, but about who compiled the bible; therefore, it is no good to bring the "will that make you enter the kingdom of god?". You don't know what you come off as to the likes of us who are non christians, and as a result of that, do not feel the need to take sides, and can be a better judge.

You come off as too desperate!

Na just bible them compile wey you no fit accept so, what about the doctrine of the trinity, as well as you worshiping on a sunday and all the other things i am very keen to talk about here?

The catholic church, a christian church, na em you find very difficult say that go don do something this key to christianity. What if i tell you with proof that what you people teach in churches today is EXACTLY the same thing the Rosicrucians, the masons and mystics of all ages even prior the time of Jesus (the same ones you christians call ocultic and devlish), have been talking about and that you guys are now adopting those teachings and portraying them like they are new divine revelations from your god. You don't even know how the 'devlish' people, as you call them, see you when they hear you preach their own teachings in church and portray them as yours.

When i read 'God delusion', i stopped reading. And, Yes, you are in no position to have an opinion in this matter, Move along.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
Babacele:

lolzz, Guy, if your name is not found written in the Book of Life, forget it. Be it Pope, priest, Pastor or president. If the Book gets opened and your name is not there, you'd be directed to where the rich man is. Did Jesus establish a religion on earth? Did he built an Organisation? No. What Jesus did is restore man back to the Kingdom he lost in Adam in Eden. Jesus came to restore man back to the mandate given to him in Eden, 'Go into the world and Dominate it'.
I made this post, why are you posting it as if it's yours?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Babacele: 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2017
analice107:

I made this post, why are you posting it as if it's yours?
to remind you that you actually said Jesus lost His kingdom in the garden of Eden. .....

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2017
MiddleDimension:
@analice let me ask the question why it pricks you so much that the catholic church compiled the bible?
No, it doesn't prick me at all. It doesn't, buy what amazes me is why people hold so strongly on Bible compilation and lose sight of the message within the pages of the Bible.

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
Deuteronomy:4:2

Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,
Deuteronomy:4:16

Why aren't we hung up on these instructions, but on who Complied or who didn't complied the Bible?

My dearest, if there was no Catholic Church, the Holy Spirit who commanded us to take this Good News to the ends of the earth, will have still made a way of us having the Bible every where. So...

Stop already, this claim will take no soul to heaven.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 10:00pm On Sep 30, 2017
Babacele:
to remind you that you actually said Jesus lost His kingdom in the garden of Eden. .....
Oh, you got lost in 'Jesus came to restore man back to the kingdom he(man) lost in Eden.

lolzzz.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Babacele: 1:16am On Oct 01, 2017
analice107:

Oh, you got lost in 'Jesus came to restore man back to the kingdom he(man) lost in Eden.

lolzzz.
you were speaking ignorantly. but now you have the opportunity to change it. This is the God's opportunity you want to deny others if you guys were to be God. But you ain't God despite all the high Falutin claims to appropriate God!

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 2:38am On Oct 01, 2017
analice107:

What Jesus did is restore man back to the Kingdom he lost in Adam in Eden.

analice i wasn't confused or lacking in understanding of your plain words
it's very easy to see that "he" is referring to "man"

even in grammar:
"he" is a pronoun, and as such it refers to the closest previous noun "man"

if it was Jesus who lost the kingdom as baba confusingly thinks you said
then it would be Jesus who needs to be restored to it
and not "man", as you said

and baba said "you" were speaking ignorantly cheesy
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by blackbriar: 4:30am On Oct 01, 2017
analice107:

No, it doesn't prick me at all. It doesn't, buy what amazes me is why people hold so strongly on Bible compilation and lose sight of the message within the pages of the Bible.

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,

Why aren't we hung up on these instructions, but on who Complied or who didn't complied the Bible?

My dearest, if there was no Catholic Church, the Holy Spirit who commanded us to take this Good News to the ends of the earth, will have still made a way of us having the Bible every where. So...

You are very funny
you made a harsh claim against dem Catholics and they refuted it....you hurriedly jumped to another claim and they also refuted it with facts.
Now you are saying stop making claims and seek salvation.
Please what is the the topic of this discussion int he first place?

10 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by MiddleDimension: 6:55am On Oct 01, 2017
analice107:

When i read 'God delusion', i stopped reading. And, Yes, you are in no position to have an opinion in this matter, Move along.

this is why atheism is perfect and good for me. Thank you for giving me another reason to feel confident in atheism.

Because you saw a thing you don't like, you refused to read on and therefore missed out in the powerful idea i presented therein. But we atheists are not like that. We go on and probe into areas that disagree with us. And so when we speak, we speak high inelligence of great power that forces our audience to respect us and ask us whay our name is. We are capable of things you guys are not capable of even with what you call faith.

And of course, i am in position to have a valid opinion on this matter. Sorry that you can't force me out of this thread. If you don't read it, millions of people around around the world are reading, and their minds will be shaped anyway. So you are free to ignore me if you want.

5 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 9:39am On Oct 01, 2017
blackbriar:

You are very funny
you made a harsh claim against dem Catholics and they refuted it....you hurriedly jumped to another claim and they also refuted it with facts.
Guy, bottom line is, even if you complied the Bible, if you don't do what's contained in it, you are damned. The Catholics make a whole lot of irrelevant mondaine claims, they don't matter bro.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 9:41am On Oct 01, 2017
johnw74:

analice i wasn't confused or lacking in understanding of your plain words it's very easy to see that "he" is referring to "man"
even in grammar: "he" is a pronoun, and as such it refers to the closest previous noun "man"

if it was Jesus who lost the kingdom as baba confusingly thinks you said then it would be Jesus who needs to be restored to it and not "man", as you said

My dear, pay him no attention. They know why they are here.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 9:44am On Oct 01, 2017
Babacele:
you were speaking ignorantly. but now you have the opportunity to change it. This is the God's opportunity you want to deny others if you guys were to be God. But you ain't God despite all the high Falutin claims to appropriate God!
hahahahahaha. Guy l'm not here to teach you Concord in English grammar.

Give your life to Christ sir.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 10:00am On Oct 01, 2017
MiddleDimension:

this is why atheism is perfect and good for me. Thank you for giving me another reason to feel confident in atheism.

Because you saw a thing you don't like, you refused to read on and therefore missed out in the powerful idea i presented therein. But we atheists are not like that. We go on and probe into areas that disagree with us. And so when we speak, we speak high inelligence of great power that forces our audience to respect us and ask us whay our name is. We are capable of things you guys are not capable of even with what you call faith.

And of course, i am in position to have a valid opinion on this matter. Sorry that you can't force me out of this thread. If you don't read it, millions of people around around the world are reading, and their minds will be shaped anyway. So you are free to ignore me if you want.
If you can observe, i have been responding to people, I won't respond to a rebel.

Again, move along.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 10:02am On Oct 01, 2017
johnw74:

analice i wasn't confused or lacking in understanding of your plain words it's very easy to see that "he" is referring to "man"
even in grammar: "he" is a pronoun, and as such it refers to the closest previous noun "man"

if it was Jesus who lost the kingdom as baba confusingly thinks you said then it would be Jesus who needs to be restored to it and not "man", as you said

He obviously needs a lesson in grammatical Concord, thanks for lecturing him.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by MiddleDimension: 11:06am On Oct 01, 2017
analice107:

of course it does prick you and every non catholic who hears the claim for the first time. The OP describes the effect it has on him and even the likes of you beautifully when he used the word "shocking" in the title of this thread. You even used the word "amazed" in this post of yours that i am quoting. It is so shocking to you, you find it scandalous and unaceptable. Stop denying your feelings!

Of course it will amaze you that a people can "hold on to who and who didn't compile the bible". No one is losing sight of any message therein. A quick look at Johnw74's profile (johnw74 is actually one of those opposing you on this topic), you will see where he said "Good is God", and another place where he said "God is good", i believe you know where he got that line from? From one of the epistles of John! Maybe that's why the guy is bearing "John", i don't know! The picture he also posted, is a rodent, probably a rat, putting its hands together and looking up to heavens like it is in the mood of worship. So clearly, no one is missing out on the message in the bible and your constant resorting to "will that take you to heaven....why should we miss out on the message", is nothing but cheap escapism when you cannot carry on the conflict that you started!

It shouldn't amaze you why people would seem to hammer so much on the catholic church compiled the bible; rather you should say you are confused, or that you don't get it why people should seem to hold on on that line very much.

Now, if that is what you said, i would understand you perfectly and if you had finished reading that post of mine you ignored because you saw the scary "god delusion", your confusion about why the catholics seem to hammer that line, would have been cleared up.

Now, here is why the catholics seem to hammar that very much: for so long, the catholics have been claimed by non catholics to not know the bible; that they practice so many unbiblical and man-made doctrines; and that they are a dead church rooted only in peganism and is the anti-christ, like you have claimed many times in this thread.

This made some weak catholics to lose their faith in God and in the guidiance of the church. So in an attempt for "iron to sharpen iron" like the bible said, the church decided to through some of her knowledgable ministers and lay faithfuls like unbenedictus here on Nairaland, organize special sessions and programmes like the "Know Your Faith" you see on AIT every sunday, and also in different parishes, and also in cathechism classes. In this classes the christian message is expounded upon, and when it comes to controversial topic like those ones other christians denounce the catholic church for, people are allowed to ask questions and knowledgable people will try to clarify the issue. This is how the catholics begin to seem like they are hammaring on who compiled the bible or did not compile it. If there was no vilification of them and their teaching, and calling them unscriptural, there wouldn't have been any need for them to, in their attempt to clarify the issues for which there is so much fuzz, repeatedly say that even dis bible wey dem dey talk sef, na who even give the world?

4 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 11:14am On Oct 01, 2017
MiddleDimension:

of course it does prick you and every non catholic who hears the claim for the first time. The OP describes the effect it has on him and even the likes of you beautifully when he used the word "shocking" in the title of this thread. You even used the word "amazed" in this post of yours that i am quoting. It is so shocking to you, you find it scandalous and unaceptable. Stop denying your feelings!

Of course it will amaze you that a people can "hold on to who and who didn't compile the bible". No one is losing sight of any message therein. A quick look at Johnw74's profile (johnw74 is actually one of those opposing you on this topic), you will see where he said "Good is God", and another place where he said "God is good", i believe you know where he got that line from? From one of the epistles of John! Maybe that's why the guy is bearing "John", i don't know! The picture he also posted, is a rodent, probably a rat, putting its hands together and looking up to heavens like it is in the mood of worship. So clearly, no one is missing out on the message in the bible and your constant resorting to "will that take you to heaven....why should we miss out on the message", is nothing but cheap escapism when you cannot carry on the conflict that you started!

It shouldn't amaze you why people would seem to hammer so much on the catholic church compiled the bible; rather you should say you are confused, or that you don't get it why people should seem to hold on on that line very much.

Now, if that is what you said, i would understand you perfectly and if you had finished reading that post of mine you ignored because you saw the scary "god delusion", your confusion about why the catholics seem to hammer that line, would have been cleared up.

Now, here is why the catholics seem to hammar that very much: for so long, the catholics have been claimed by non catholics to not know the bible; that they practice so many unbiblical and man-made doctrines; and that they are a dead church rooted only in peganism and is the anti-christ, like you have claimed many times in this thread.

This made some weak catholics to lose their faith in God and in the guidiance of the church. So in an attempt for "iron to sharpen iron" like the bible said, the church decided to through some of her knowledgable ministers and lay faithfuls like unbenedictus here on Nairaland, organize special sessions and programmes like the "Know Your Faith" you see on AIT every sunday, and also in different parishes, and also in cathechism classes. In this classes the christian message is expounded upon, and when it comes to controversial topic like those ones other christians denounce the catholic church for, people are allowed to ask questions and knowledgable people will try to clarify the issue. This is how the catholics begin to seem like they are hammaring on who compiled the bible or did not compile it. If there was no vilification of them and their teaching, and calling them unscriptural, there wouldn't have been any need for them to, in their attempt to clarify the issues for which there is so much fuzz, repeatedly say that even dis bible wey dem dey talk sef, na who even give the world?
Still didn't read.

I don't read religious stuff written by atheist rebels.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by MiddleDimension: 11:18am On Oct 01, 2017
analice107:

Still didn't read.

I don't read religious stuff written by atheist rebels.

fear of the highest order! But the bible says that he has not given you a spirit of fear, but that of SOUND MIND! and pls do not tell me that even the devil knows the bible too.

5 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 11:20am On Oct 01, 2017
MiddleDimension:

fear of the highest order! But the bible says that he has not given you a spirit of fear, but that of SOUND MIND! and pls do not tell me that even the devil knows the bible too.
Lolzzz. If you think i'm sacred of you then you are right, I'm sacred of you. And why not? You are a nobody in Nairaland. i'm afraid of no bodies.

If you want me to engage you, use your main moniker, stop hiding under new monikers. Stop being a coward.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 4:47am On Oct 02, 2017
MiddleDimension:

(johnw74 is actually one of those opposing you on this topic)

you need to go back and read the posts, i agreed with analice against
babacele's confusion of what analice had said
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by MiddleDimension: 7:26am On Oct 02, 2017
johnw74:

you need to go back and read the posts, i agreed with analice against babacele's confusion of what analice had said
my bad. I got it wrong.
Anyway, what do you make of the whole issue?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by blackbriar: 8:00am On Oct 02, 2017
analice107:

Guy, bottom line is, even if you complied the Bible, if you don't do what's contained in it, you are damned. The Catholics make a whole lot of irrelevant mondaine claims, they don't matter bro.

no, you are the one making claims all days, the Catholics were just correcting you.

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Babacele: 8:19am On Oct 02, 2017
analice107:

hahahahahaha. Guy l'm not here to teach you Concord in English grammar.

Give your life to Christ sir.
teach me concord? ...nice ain't too old to learn but not noun-verb agreement. Until you used the parenthesis , the sentence could have meant several things and that was why I had used a question mark for you to clarify. I have listened to folks saying God regretted creating man. They run to the book of Genesis to buttress their claims but the truth is that Almighty ,all knowing God couldn't and wouldnt have known that humanity ,Adam, would mess up ; and second the feeling of regret is an human attribute employed in the allegory. Where would the feeling of regret come from the source of all beings- living and non living ,visible and invisible? So I needed clarification from you to be sure .
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Babacele: 8:22am On Oct 02, 2017
blackbriar:

You are very funny
that is the kind of shifty people we are dealing with.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Babacele: 8:29am On Oct 02, 2017
johnw74:

I'm not new to your insults and hatred for truth....you who could support Daesh in the name of God because it is written in the Bible but condemn same Daesh when it involves Islam cant freak me a bit.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Babacele: 8:34am On Oct 02, 2017
analice107:

who are you mortal to judge us? Let us even agree to your unfounded claims, what part of the Christian doctrines are you talking about and let us upgrade you?

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:02am On Oct 02, 2017
Babacele:
I'm not new to your insults and hatred for truth....you who could support Daesh in the name of God because it is written in the Bible but condemn same Daesh when it involves Islam cant freak me a bit.

i'm certinally not new to your continued lies baba, they seem to be all you know, post after post
as for your daesh nonsense, it's just more lies and off topic accusations from you, taking after your god:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

baba, point out the insults and hatred for truth in my posts:

johnw74:

analice i wasn't confused or lacking in understanding of your plain words
it's very easy to see that "he" is referring to "man"

even in grammar:
"he" is a pronoun, and as such it refers to the closest previous noun "man"

if it was Jesus who lost the kingdom as baba confusingly thinks you said
then it would be Jesus who needs to be restored to it
and not "man", as you said

johnw74:

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 3:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
Babacele:
who are you mortal to judge us? Let us even agree to your unfounded claims, what part of the Christian doctrines are you talking about and let us upgrade you?
Just imagine the Pride.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Babacele: 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
analice107:

Just imagine the Pride.
it is no pride when you condemn the Catholic church but it becomes a crime to defend our pride. We are proud to defend our pride.

3 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by analice107: 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
Babacele:
it is no pride when you condemn the Catholic church but it becomes a crime to defend our pride. We are proud to defend our pride.
May you stand proud on the day of Judgement to defend your pride.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

David Yong-gi Cho, Founder Of South Korea's Yoido Megachurch Dies At 85 / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! / Please I Want To Join A Choir And I Need Ideas On How To Write The Letter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.