Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,489 members, 7,865,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:52 AM

Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice (734 Views)

What My Mum Said Today. Has Her Thought Towards Me Change? (pic) / Don't Marry Someone You're In Love With - Reno Omokri Advises / Can You Marry Someone Whose Nude Photos/video Has Leaked On Social Media?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by oloyeagbaakin(m): 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
I will go straight to the point there is this girl we met like five months ago and she is in love with me and i also love her. Have told her once that am no longer interested in the relationship she felt so sad that she was hospitalize due to my decision later I felt so lonely that I have to reconcile with her and we are continuing our relationship for now, though she is not a graduate she just have ssce but knows how to make hair and she doesn't joke with her job. Have told my best friend about the issue but he scolded me warning me not to marry that girl. Am currently doing my MSc and I feel everything should be alright once I finished my program, My dad is a prof of geophysics and my mum is the proprietress of her own school. I really love that girl but am thinking about my Mum and what she wants age is not on my side again please advice
Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by madridguy(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
Why don't you encourage the girl in question to further more?
Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by ifex370(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
Only do the this that will enhance/promote your happiness
Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by Kondomatic(m): 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2017
I won't advise that girl to marry you.

1 Like

Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2017
why can't you enroll her to further more if you are capable
Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by oloyeagbaakin(m): 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2017
Oma307:
why can't you enroll her to further more if you are capable

someone said you shouldn't that to a girl you want to marry it is expected of the parent to do that
Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by muller101(m): 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2017
U are left with no choice. Just marry ur mum

3 Likes

Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by VargasVee(m): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
What does being a graduate have to do with sustaining a union?

Most of the self-employed people earn more in few weeks than most graduates in a month.

If she can read, write and communicate well, I don't really see the issue here.

And if you love her enough and think you both can make it work, so go ahead.

She can still take part time classes. Your mum has enjoyed her own marriage, she should let you be.

1 Like

Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by Slayer2: 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
You are a graduate, don't marry her, she will become a liability to you. Go for a working class lady. Be with someone from the same social status as yours or not too far off.
Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by Zimri(m): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
angry

You're old enough to take decisions

1 Like

Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by swiz123(m): 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2017
Better don't marry her. An average afonja is a woman beater so if she is not a graduate then that's all the more reason for you not to respect her. Better break her heart now than send her to her grave later.

1 Like

Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 25, 2017
Wahala..... Don't allow anyone to push u into what you will regret. Follow your heart.
Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by ITbomb(m): 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2017
Asses her now, is she a liability?
Is she seeking to further her education
Is she smart enough to learn a skill quickly
Can she speak eloquently
Is she confident enough

Finally, can you in all honesty tell her to meet someone on your behalf.

If yes to 80% of these, talk with your parents and go ahead with the marriage
Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by gratefulheart(m): 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2017
Marriage is about mutual understanding. You have to decide for your self first before you market her to you family and friends.

Questions you should ask yourself.
1. Are you at peace within you with her.
2. Are you proud of her (you're not ashamed people see you together)
3. Those she make you happy?
4. Those she fear God?
5. Those she love you and you love her?
6. Do you have mutual respect for each other?

When you can sincerely answer these questions in affirmation. Go and marketer to your mum. You're a guy we always to. how make our mum support our desires.

Let me say, she is not a graduate because of one circumstance or the other. And she has right to find love. Please, don't thrown away someone that is celebrating you to take the one that will be tolerating you. Don't miss your own wife.
Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2017
oloyeagbaakin:

someone said you shouldn't that to a girl you want to marry it is expected of the parent to do that
since your parent said you should marry a graduate and the girl in question is someone you love but not a graduate, my opinion is that you can help seek admission and proceed by marrying her
Re: Mum Said I Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Graduate Please I Need Advice by Funkybabee(f): 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
Why don't you help or encourage her to continue her studies e.g any distance learning school

(1) (Reply)

See The "Pray For Houston" Photo A Woman Posted / Surprise Your Woman Today +18 / Ghanaian Men Are Scared To Ask Our Hands In Marriage -- Miiitary Women Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.