Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? (3067 Views)

Do You Notice These Act In Girls During Play ?? Newww / Do You Notice These Act In Girls During Play ?? / Why Ladies Should Avoid Claiming They Are Virgins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by Princek12(m): 1:52am On Feb 20, 2010
I have met three Naija girls in the past month who, unbeknowst to them that I am a Naija dude, have told me they are Jamaicans when I asked where are they from? But when I sense their Naija accent and ask them whether they are sure, and when I introduce myself as a straight up Lagosian, they now get defensive and start giving me some cock and bull story. Why lie about where you are from? Those girls are, in my books, silly, because they denied the country from which they came.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by manmustwac(m): 2:01am On Feb 20, 2010
nija girls say thier from jamaica and here in london guys like to fake english accent when they talk. I think its coz we suffer from inferiority complex. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by H2O2: 2:03am On Feb 20, 2010
That's their prerogative. what do they stand to gain from a lie so silly?
Are they looking to increase their chances of hooking up with Jamaican dudes or Americans?
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by Princek12(m): 2:09am On Feb 20, 2010
H2O2:

That's their prerogative. what do they stand to gain from a lie so silly?
Are they looking to increase their chances of hooking up with Jamaican dudes or Americans?
manmustwac:

nija girls say thier from jamaica and here in london guys like to fake english accent when they talk. I think its coz we suffer from inferiority complex. undecided

I don't know what they stand to gain ooooo. I didn't know that Naija girls in London say the same thing. It is def inferiority complex, fo sho.
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by Tatase(f): 2:15am On Feb 20, 2010
I think because in some places with a high naija concentration, some bad eggs might have given naija girls a bad rep so they're trying to pretend to attract the non-naij bunch and seem more exotic. I don't know sha. I would never do that. Not only because it's incredibly stupid, but also because I would actually die of shame if I was nabbed like you nabbed those girls.
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by H2O2: 2:20am On Feb 20, 2010
Bad rep or not, be yourself. Pretending to be someone they're not would only get them so far.
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by Tatase(f): 2:31am On Feb 20, 2010
^^^^^^

That's why it's a stupid thing to do. But sometimes sha, the things our people sometimes do to ruin our rep outside, it's painful and can make you feel really defensive, but still no reason to be lying and denying the fatherland.
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by chic2pimp(m): 3:10am On Feb 20, 2010
Nah so we see am ooooo.
Dem even plenty for london.
Na soo dem go dey form jamo grin grin.
Some of em' need to be b.i.t.c.h slapped
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by pharmking: 3:13am On Feb 20, 2010
They are afraid to be called terrorost!! grin grin grin grin Such as shameful act!!!!!!
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by Akebulan: 7:00am On Feb 20, 2010
Yeah I remember meeting a guy once. He claimed to be American. The truth is, his accent was straight out of Nigeria.

What these people are lacking, is that they do not know that confidence, is sexy.
That whole "Be yourself" speech we all got (too often) in highschool, was NOT a joke.
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by Magz(m): 8:07am On Feb 20, 2010
One of the reasons I have not dated Naija girls. That phoniness.
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by Amigoz(f): 8:16am On Feb 20, 2010
manmustwac:

nija girls say thier from jamaica and here in london guys like to[b] fake english accent [/b] when they talk. I think its coz we suffer from inferiority complex. undecided

I can accomodate, people lying about their origin, as the op said, they are just been silly and more fool them if they think they are fooling anyone. However, one thing i cant stand is 'FAKED ACCENT' a total TURN OFF in my books undecided

The moment that person open their mouth to talk. . . .I start thinking u really didnt have to do that . . . . . grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by Olisa4all: 9:04am On Feb 20, 2010
manmustwac:

Plain n simple
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by googles: 10:02am On Feb 20, 2010
[size=13pt]they are all claiming jamaica cos they are high on jamaican weed grin grin[/size]
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by Kunbee: 11:41am On Feb 20, 2010
^^ :d
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by omega25red(m): 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2010
beyond the inferiority complex or dodging from bad reputation, you have to know that most of these girls are ashamed to admit that they are from Africa because of the negative image we are constantly given in the media and when they are talking and you hear their naija accent and you ask where the accent is from if you say naija people run scared like oh i heard of you Nigerians and your scams. also most of these people still do not have their papers so they figure if they say Jamaica they wouldn't be suspected of being illegals
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by chidyke77(m): 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2010
Reason, All of the above.
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by chidyke77(m): 4:14pm On Feb 20, 2010
?
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by sweetpie23: 4:28pm On Feb 20, 2010
lack of self identity tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by Princek12(m): 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]they are all claiming jamaica cos they are high on jamaican weed grin grin[/size]

LMAO
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by henryhemon(m): 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2010
@Googles,
Didn't know you are that pweety! undecided
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by Kgdavid(m): 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2010
interesting really but wrong section pal. this has nothin to do with romance
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2010
What about Nigerian men with their pseudo African-Nigerian-British accent with a few or more shellings mixed with it? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed So funny I tells ya grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by daduke2k(m): 6:32pm On Feb 20, 2010
Nawa o naija dey fall my hand. Am proud 2 be Nigerian.
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by googles: 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2010
henryhemon:

@Googles,
Didn't know you are that pweety! undecided

[size=13pt]awww . . . . . . .thanx bebe kiss kiss kiss kiss[/size]
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by mamagee3(f): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2010
Let's be serious here, who would be proud and be patriotic enough o say they are Nigerians
Abeg, let's cut them some slack, myself I tell most people I'm from England
. grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by yme1(f): 7:59pm On Feb 20, 2010
mama-gee:

Let's be serious here, who would be proud and be patriotic enough o say they are Nigerians
Abeg, let's cut them some slack, myself I tell most people I'm from England
. grin grin
that is where you are wrong dear
no matter how much you try to hide, it is always gonna come out
i am never ashamed to say where am from
i mean for christsake if we dont represent who and what we are who is gonna do it for us undecided
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by mamagee3(f): 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2010
y me:

that is where you are wrong dear
no matter how much you try to hide, it is always gonna come out
i am never ashamed to say where am from
i mean for christsake if we dont represent who and what we are who is gonna do it for us undecided

Okay, if you feel you have to represent where you come from
Better for you but my dignity is more important than that corrupt nation
called Nigeria imagine after telling them I'm Nigerian, they begin to view me as a scammer. . .
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by yme1(f): 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2010
mama-gee:

Okay, if you feel you have to represent where you come from
Better for you but my dignity is more important than that corrupt nation
called Nigeria imagine after telling them I'm Nigerian, they begin to view me as a scammer. . .

lmao i feel you dear
but learn to kick butts with your styles them go bow wink
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2010
Lol. . .people lie about their country of origin for a myriad of reasons.

1) Certain jobs - you may possibly be denied certain positions, especially if the company's a relatively small one, and it's a position of trust.

2) Business - a lot of people won't deal with Nigerians, unless they know you very well.

3) Finance - some of the smaller finance companies will deny Nigerians credit facilities. Some Nigerians will abscond with a loan from their own family - brother, sister, mother, father, cousin etc. Some Nigerians are distrusted by their own families, and we know bad news travels fast.

Some Nigerians talk of patriotism, and see Nigerians that deny their homeland as losers, or worse. It's great being patriotic, but patriotism won't put food on your table, clothes on your back, a roof over your head etc. I have come across Nigerians who have been quite upfront with me, and told me they denied they were Nigerian when going for job interviews, after being denied decent jobs in the past. I wouldn't call such Nigerians losers.

I'd call them smart. They know how to play the game, and beat the system. Obviously, some Nigerians deny they're Nigerian just because they feel it makes them more accepted, nothing to do with work, loans, business etc. I wouldn't judge them either - only they know their history, and what Nigeria has done for them.

And what Nigeria hasn't done for them.
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 20, 2010
some Nigerians just feel it makes them look more "exotic" if they call themselves jamaican.

Men do it too.

they like thinking they're being "mistaken" for non-Nigerians.
Re: Why Are Some Useless Naija In Girls In Yankee Claiming They Are From Jamaica? by daduke2k(m): 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2010
@mamagee,Ur personality makes u wot u are and nt d country. There is no nation dat doesnt hav a flaw bt d citizens are loyal. So nne b proud of ur country NIGERIA. I am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lies Are Not So Bad: But Men Are Not That Inventive / Natural Or Аrtificial / My Top 5 Naija MILF.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.