Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,819 members, 7,841,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? (1673 Views)

Open Confession / How Do You Respond To This Message From Your Ex “I Miss You” / Girls How Would You Respond To This Guy If He Says He Wants To Cuddle With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 22, 2010
Kenny_G:

What are u talking about, what about the plethora of bank managers, ministers, directors in naija and even UK who keep scores of gf yet are quick to point fingers at Tiger woods hypocrites
Did you read my earlier post? I said the hypocrisy of the masses amazes me because I know alot of men cheat on their wives and girlfriends. The public outcry was and is still laughable.

H2O2:

They all cheat.  When they do cheat it must be done covertly.  If the cheating manages to slip through the cracks and they get caught then this yawa don gas be that.  I know it's not a black thing.  I just made that statement tongue in cheek.  Women throw themselves at these athletes all the time, so it really doesn't come as a shock to me that all of these happen.
Of course all you said is true, BUT
when you live an thrive in the spotlight like that you know people are drawn to you, your talent, abilities, lifestyle, and they look to you for inspiration.  The majority of Tiger's wealth did not come by way of the pay he receives from golf tournaments; he amasses his earnings from those major endorsements.  These endorsements require you to live decently and serve as a positive influence in every possible way for the youth who are no doubt looking up to him.  In that regards, Tiger failed terribly and lost so many of his endorsements.  You might say it's unfair, but again, that's the price ya gotta pay.

Yes they all cheat but why does it make front page though? grin grin grin I think sometimes they save the stories up and if profits start to dip they unleash it on the masses grin grin grin grin
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by Freiburger(m): 12:52am On Feb 22, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Did you read my earlier post? I said the hypocrisy of the masses amazes me because I know alot of men cheat on their wives and girlfriends. The public outcry was and is still laughable.

Yes they all cheat but why does it make front page though? grin grin grin I think sometimes they save the stories up and if profits start to dip they unleash it on the masses grin grin grin grin

Exactly, so if Tiger didn't did so that, the journalists ain't got somthing to fill up that space?
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by Kgdavid(m): 12:58am On Feb 22, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Well over here in the UK, A white footballer called John Terry cheated on his wife with 10 women so no cheating is just not a black thing. The papers ran a witch hunt on him so he had to step down as the captain of England. Now they have gone after another Footballer he is mixed race though his name is Ashley Cole, so far the cheating toll is 4 women and counting grin, He cheated on his wife 2yrs ago. What im trying to say is that rich men especially athletes will cheat on their spouses, they just have to not be caught.

ur advocating cheating then?
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by KennyG6(m): 12:58am On Feb 22, 2010
abeg lets take out the log in our eyes before attempting to help tiger with his, i hate it when people try to justify their hypocrisy by saying the guy is a public figure and needs to operate at a higher moral level, what utter piffle
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by Nobody: 1:02am On Feb 22, 2010
Kgdavid:

your advocating cheating then?
No Im not. I just hate the hypocrisy especially from engaged/married men who are probably knocking back 2 on the side. If a man cheats on me, I will castrate his balls and feed it to him for dinner grin grin grin
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by KennyG6(m): 1:03am On Feb 22, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

No Im not. I just hate the hypocrisy especially from engaged/married men who are probably knocking back 2 on the side. If a man cheats on me, I will castrate his balls and feed it to him for dinner grin grin grin
shocked shocked shocked
thats it, i'm off meat balls from u from henceforth
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by Nobody: 1:37am On Feb 22, 2010
Kenny_G:

shocked shocked shocked
thats it, i'm off meat balls from u from henceforth
Now you know I dont play grin grin Thou shalt not mess with the ball-castrater grin grin
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by Kgdavid(m): 1:51am On Feb 22, 2010
^^lol i dey fear this nairaland place
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by Freiburger(m): 1:52am On Feb 22, 2010
Kgdavid:

^^lol i dey fear this nairaland place

u never see any thing, grin grin grin
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by bluespice(f): 2:17am On Feb 22, 2010
this is all i got to say to the confession/apology
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by Freiburger(m): 2:20am On Feb 22, 2010
bluespice:

this is all i got to say to the confession/apology

Bluespice for real how a doing?
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by bluespice(f): 2:21am On Feb 22, 2010
huh?
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by Freiburger(m): 2:33am On Feb 22, 2010
i likré tha´t illusration.
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by bluespice(f): 2:36am On Feb 22, 2010
oh thanks,
i like it too but i can't claim ownership of it smiley
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by stillgrds(m): 10:59am On Feb 22, 2010
I initiated this thread and I have read so much of interest.

If I were in Tigers shoes, I will do what he did - Apology to all. As a celebraty, you create a place for yourself in many peoples lives. It hurts when you stab them from within. Its like the stab of brutus to ceaser. I experience that with Michael Jackson; only that I could not take him out completely.

That said. why did Tiger commit all those badness? he said it. He was surrounded by temptations and the means to indulge in them. Jesus words are true. The rich finds it a difficult task to do the will of the kingdom. Wealth is such a bad thing especially when it overwhelms you. Additionally, the most men have this temptation from and for women. Thats our imperfection at work. Its inclines us to do the wrong thing. Those who are able to avoid it choose to endure the difficulty of repressing it. Thats why the best way to avoid unfaithfulness is to avoid coming into the temptation of it - that means he would not have gone for fame. Yes, thats the bitter truth. Fame is wicked. it takes you up and hits you down. check history.

Remember the Poem:

"He that is down need fear no fall
He that is low, no pride
He that is humble ever shall have God to be his guide"

We live in a world of pretense. Shakespeare :

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:"

Except for those whose acts come up under the sun and in public, all others carry themselves a sane, saints. But to your conscience, has that been true?

I am not justifying Tiger for his wrongs. I have only come to say what I know about being in the lime light, being human imperfectly, being realistic. And thats why, when we sin, confession and an appeal for forgiveness is in place.

Elin? I have a poem for her:

IF WE ONLY UNDERSTOOD

Could we draw aside the curtains
That surround each other's lives,
See the naked heart and spirit,
Know what spur the action gives-
Often we would find it better,
If we only understood.

Could we judge all deeds by motives,
See the good and bad within,
Often we would love the sinner
All the while we loathe the sin.
Could we know the powers working
To o'erthrow integrity,
We would judge each other's errors
With more patient charity.

If we knew the cares and trials,
Knew the efforts all in vain,
And the bitter disappointments-
Understood the loss and gain-
Would the grim external roughness
Seem, I wonder, just the same?
Would we help where we now hinder?
Would we pity where we blame?

Ah, we judge each other harshly,
Knowing not life's hidden force;
Knowing not the fount of action
Is less turbid at its source.
Seeing not amid the evil
All the golden grains of good,
Oh, we'd love each other better
If we only understood.

C. T. R
from "Poems of Dawn" 1912
Re: Tiger Woods Open Confession - How Do You Respond? by ssumpta(f): 12:12am On Mar 05, 2010
Nice. Actually, truth remains, there is only one person he hurt, his wife Elin, and of course his children.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Her Husband Has Married A White Woman! Help / The Competition Between Single Ladies & Married Women For Attention/guys... / Why Do Girls Take Good/genuine Men For Granted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.