Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,853 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism (47751 Views)

Wife Can't Tell Who Impregnated Her Between Her Husband & Her Father-In-Law / I Impregnated A Pastor's Daughter, We Rushed The Wedding / 22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by Fran6ik: 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
[quote author=bmos post=59856449][/quote]
so where in d bible is ot dat a child shud nt b baptised but can be prayed for, sown seed on behalf of nd d rest u guys do..

See, wen Jesus heald d Centurions servant, d servant neither saw Jesus nor believed in him, but the masters faith worked for him..

1 Like

Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by dollytino4real(f): 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
ecoeco:

Stop wasting time nd water baptizing children

Wen a child comes of age he will choose whether or not to giv his life to Christ den he can go nd get Baptised

Little children not of accountable age go to heaven wen de die whether Baptised or not

Meanwhile I didn't know u can get pregnant frm premarital sex give birth to a child

Den d pastor will baptise d seed of fornication n call him Emmanuel(God with us) on top of the matter

wen there are befitting Christian names lik

Abaddon( Angel of death )
Or

Jabez( sorrow)
Maybe

Alastor(tormentor)
Or even

Samael(venom of God)

#Eco99#
u and ur post sef
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by EvieP(f): 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2017
grin. e follow
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by TrumpDonald2: 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
hollywoodscape:
The guy should not have returned and I don't feel sorry for the woman. The guy does not want baby, why try to trap him. She deserves to suffer alone. Even if the child became president, I would not accept the baby.
A guy that doesn't want a baby should not ejaculate into a woman or have sex without condoms unless he is sterile. Period!
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by BecomeALandLord(m): 11:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
ecoeco:

Wen a child comes of age he will choose whether or not to giv his life to Christ den he can go nd get Baptised

Little children not of accountable age go to heaven wen de die whether Baptised or not

Meanwhile I didn't know u can get pregnant frm premarital sex give birth to a child

Den d pastor will baptise d seed of fornication n call him Emmanuel(God with us) on top of the matter

Or

Jabez( sorrow)
Maybe

Alastor(tormentor)
Or even

Samael(venom of God)

#Eco99#

Don't be stupid
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by vioment: 12:05am On Aug 27, 2017
The guy looks like dion waiters.
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 27, 2017
ecoeco:

Or

Jabez( sorrow)
Maybe

Alastor(tormentor)
Or even

Samael(venom of God)

#Eco99#
When you give birth you can give your kids those names.
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 27, 2017
ecoeco:

Or

Jabez( sorrow)
Maybe

Alastor(tormentor)
Or even

Samael(venom of God)

#Eco99#

Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by Jkvivi2020: 6:19am On Aug 27, 2017
CAUTION. beware of ladies who trap guys with pregnancy. I can see the woman is desperate.it happen to my cousin but did not marry d girl.he only agree to take care of d child for d child not to suffer
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by correctguy101(m): 6:31am On Aug 27, 2017
ecoeco:

Or

Jabez( sorrow)
Maybe

Alastor(tormentor)
Or even

Samael(venom of God)

#Eco99#

You ehn, you no jus get joy gringrin

Na people like you dey give person pikin names like Judas, Jezebel, grin
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by Tonero231: 6:53am On Aug 27, 2017
ecoeco:

Or

Jabez( sorrow)
Maybe

Alastor(tormentor)
Or even

Samael(venom of God)

#Eco99#
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by Tonero231: 7:00am On Aug 27, 2017
So, an innocent baby should be giving all these shits you vomited here as a name? U better work hard, hussle and pray for wisdom to fall on you
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by dlox147(m): 7:21am On Aug 27, 2017
ecoeco:

Or

Jabez( sorrow)
Maybe

Alastor(tormentor)
Or even

Samael(venom of God)

#Eco99#

http://www.catholicstand.com/catholic-church-right-infant-baptism/
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by KillerBeauty(f): 7:27am On Aug 27, 2017
hollywoodscape:
The guy should not have returned and I don't feel sorry for the woman. The guy does not want baby, why try to trap him. She deserves to suffer alone. Even if the child became president, I would not accept the baby.
If you are not ready to have a baby use a condom. The man should take responsibility for his foolishness. We are who we are by the choices we make. The woman didn't trap him with pregnancy. Condom is better than abortion.
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by KcAngel(m): 7:56am On Aug 27, 2017
RUNAWAY HUSBAND MAN LOL
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by bigtt76(f): 8:24am On Aug 27, 2017
In sin a child was conceived and in sin born (http://biblehub.com/psalms/51-5.htm)

Malakh:
stupid pagan xtians, you dont baptize a child who doesnt know what sin is or hasn't sinned, baptism is the burying of old sins to be raised into a new life
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by ripbubu: 8:43am On Aug 27, 2017
Podolskie777:
Baptism of children is unscriptural.
it doesn't matter it not a sin to baptise babies
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by ufuosman(m): 8:54am On Aug 27, 2017
D guy go hustle, pikin na money
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by dlox147(m): 8:56am On Aug 27, 2017
Malakh:
stupid pagan xtians, you dont baptize a child who doesnt know what sin is or hasn't sinned, baptism is the burying of old sins to be raised into a new life

On a recent episode of the Catholic Answers Live radio call in show, a Protestant caller vehemently objected to the Catholic practice of infant baptism. After quoting Romans 10:9, “If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved,” he then argued that “Babies can’t confess anything with their mouths but ‘goo-goo ga-ga,’ and their ‘belief systems’ amount to little more than ‘eat-sleep-fill the diaper.’”
A baby, he insisted, can’t have saving faith by Paul’s definition in Romans, so what do we Catholics expect infant baptism to accomplish?
David Anders, of Called to Communion fame, was the guest. He responded to the caller with the usual “Catholic answers” to that question – baptism is no mere symbol acknowledging one’s awareness of being saved, but a Sacrament that shatters the bonds of original sin and confers real Grace; the New Testament speaks of “whole family baptisms” which must have included infants; Peter said in Acts 2:38-39, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children …”
But then he took the conversation a huge step further, advancing an argument I’d never heard before.
“I challenge the whole assumption that an infant can’t have real saving faith,” he said (I’m paraphrasing from memory here, as I couldn’t find a transcript online). All Christians agree that faith is a gift from God, and not of our own doing, so who are we to decide who God can and can’t offer His gift of faith to?
He’s God. If He wants to give faith to a baby, that’s exactly what He’ll do. In fact, there are references throughout the Bible to God’s direct interaction and communication “beyond words” with children, infants, and even the pre-born:
OLD TESTAMENT
Psalm 22:9-10:
Yet You are He who brought me forth from the womb; You made me trust when upon my mother’s breasts. Upon You I was cast from birth; You have been my God from my mother’s womb.
(New American Standard Bible)
Isaiah 46:3:
Listen to Me, O house of Jacob, And all the remnant of the house of Israel, You who have been borne by Me from birth And have been carried from the womb; (New American Standard Bible)
Isaiah 49:1:
Listen to me, O coastlands, and give attention, you peoples from afar. The LORD called me from the womb, from the body of my mother he named my name. (English Standard Version)
Jeremiah 1:5:
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations. (New American Standard Bible)
NEW TESTAMENT
Matthew 18:3:
Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. (Maybe not talking directly to children, here, but certainly expressing God’s opinion of children. New American Standard Bible)
Matthew 19:14:
But Jesus said, “Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Ditto – New American Standard Bible)
Luke 1:15:
(regarding John the Baptist) …for he will be great before the Lord. And he must not drink wine or strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb. (English Standard Version)
Luke 1:42:
(again referencing John the Baptist) When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. (New American Standard Bible)
Galatians 1:15:
But even before I was born, God chose me and called me by his marvelous grace. (New Living Translation)
There are lots more, but these examples should suffice to make the point is that it is demonstrably unbiblical to say that God is not actively at work in the lives of infants long before they are able to confess anything with their mouths.
But rather than get into a Scriptural snowball fight with Protestants, I’d like to advance the conversation one step beyond where David Anders took it on Catholic Answers Live .
In the final chapter of Surprised By Joy, C. S. Lewis references Australian philosopher Samuel Alexander’s Space, Time and Deity . I won’t pretend to have read Alexander’s Magnum Opus , but Lewis did, and I read his book, so that’s where I’m getting my info here.
In Space, Time and Deity, Alexander distinguishes between two very different “modes” in our experience of reality.
The first is enjoyment , by which he does not mean “to take pleasure in.” Enjoyment simply signifies our raw, direct experience of an object, as it is, before we have any thoughts about it.
In this sense, we would equally enjoy the scent of honeysuckle wafting on a summer breeze and the pang of acid reflux waking us up in the middle of the night. Our experience is immediate and visceral, and in this Alexanderan sense, until we label the experience and begin to think about it – “O h, how that honeysuckle reminds me of childhood,” or “Where did I put those heartburn pills?” – we are fully present in and to both experiences. We enjoy them equally.
The second approach to experiencing reality is contemplation , by which Alexander means “to think about,” to cogitate over the object, to measure and compare it, to form an opinion about it.
Enjoyment is the fruit of our direct, sensual encounter with external reality, while contemplation describes how we internally process that encounter. What so struck Lewis in Space, Time and Deity was Alexander’s premise that it is impossible for these two “modes of knowing” to exist simultaneously.
The moment we begin to contemplate an object, we have ceased to
enjoy it. We are now enjoying our thoughts about the object, and no longer the object itself.
Sarah Clarkson, who blogs at ThoroughlyAlive.com , explains it this way in her post Contemplation VS Enjoyment:
Lewis’ own illustration of this is the picture of a man standing in a darkened tool shed with a beam of light coming in over the door. The view to be had by looking at the beam describes contemplative knowledge, a consideration of the observable properties of that ray of light. This is the view of the scientist who observes and examines what he can see. Indeed, Lewis lists psychologists, sociologists, and anthropologists as those who look “at” a thing by Contemplation, setting them against the lovers or mystics who actually experience romance and religious joy.
For the opposite view point is that of the man who steps into the sunbeam, entering the light, experiencing not only the warm glow of the light itself, but seeing along it into the green and summer world outside. Enjoyment, in contrast to Contemplation, is the perception of Reality that comes from inside an experience. We know love not by observing it in another but by literally being within it ourselves. Lewis knew the Joy he describes in Surprised by Joy from within its aching beauty.
Back to baptism.
Can an infant contemplate the meaning of baptism? Can he or she understand and articulate human sin and the need for salvation? Probably not, as the ability to contemplate on that level won’t develop until the acquisition of language.
But can an infant enjoy its own experience? Does a baby enjoy being fed, being held by its mother, being sung to in words it has not yet learned to understand, let alone contemplate?
Every parent who has ever enjoyed and/or contemplated their baby knows that the answer is yes.
Contemplation is a learned mode of consciousness that we must acquire as we develop.
Enjoyment is innate. We are born enjoying the world in this Alexandran sense. We enjoy the womb before we are born into the world.
And every baby, by its innate human nature, is fully capable of
enjoying God and the “aching beauty” of faith, long before he acquires words sufficient to measure, compare, or “opinionate” his experience into something more manageable.
One great beauty of infant baptism is that, by the time a child does acquire language, gets catechized in the faith, and truly comes to understand his personal need for salvation, he already has it. For the rest of his life he need only cooperate with Grace in maintaining it. Should by tragedy he die while still an infant, he need not suffer for lack of it.
To deny baptism to children until they are capable of contemplating
sin and salvation, as many Protestant denominations do (the Baptists, ironically, chief among them) is a denial of God’s supernatural power to save who He wills, how He wills, and when He wills to do it.
It is also to rob our children of Joy – and, potentially, their salvation.
The Catholic Church is right on infant baptism.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by ioreth69(f): 8:59am On Aug 27, 2017
ecoeco:

Or

Jabez( sorrow)
Maybe

Alastor(tormentor)
Or even

Samael(venom of God)

#Eco99#
TFY
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by gotnel: 9:39am On Aug 27, 2017
Congratulations to mother and child. As for the runaway father, congratulations also but hope you are now ready to act responsibly.
For those sayings that the baby is a produce of fornication , God Almighty does not see it that way. It is the mercy and glory of God Almighty that made the seed to became a foetus in the womb. It is the glory of God Almighty that the pregnancy was carried to terms. It is by God Almighty glory that the baby was delivered. It is by God Almighty mercy that the baby is alive.
I wait for anyone that can proves that God Almighty is to be questions on this matter.
God standard is different from Man standard.
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 27, 2017
Fran6ik:

wow.. if a Catholic explained sometin like dis to u, will u nt ask were is it stated in d bible
All Baptism in d Bible was done in ASIA bro kindly goto Asia n baptise.. nd remember nt to tell ur pastor to stop praying for children cos dey r nt upto reasoning age, let dem grow up n decide wat to do..
Baptism has traditionally been for all! no age restrictions, if any d bible didnt record one.. Remember a household was baptised in d bible..
Read your Bible from Genesis to Revelation and point were infant baptism took place. Dedicating children was in the scripture, praying for children was also in the scripture but infant baptism not at all.it's man made doctrine
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by dlox147(m): 11:26am On Aug 27, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Read your Bible from Genesis to Revelation and point were infant baptism took place. Dedicating children was in the scripture, praying for children was also in the scripture but infant baptism not at all.it's man made doctrine

Peter said in Acts 2:38-39, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children... "

I guess infants are not children?
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
dlox147:

Peter said in Acts 2:38-39, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children... "

I guess infants are not children?
You are so funny.Peter said those that had repented of their sins should be baptized not children that were brought to the world.
The verse can be linked to Luke 24:47 " And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations,beginning at Jerusalem.So the message was preaching and baptizing those who had repented of their sins not a babu that just came to the world.A child born to the world doesn't need baptism but dedication. Don't assume anything because Peter said everyone because the Bible didn't mentioned children, if infant baptism was permitted, Jesus would have being baptized by his early parents. Even John the Baptist didn't do that at all.
In
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by kindklemz(m): 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2017
Ojiofor:
Back to preg her again and run away.

You Don make me laugh fall for chair ����

1 Like

Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by kindklemz(m): 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2017
Ojiofor:
Back to preg her again and run away.

You Don make me laugh fall for chair grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by Ojiofor: 3:01pm On Aug 27, 2017
kindklemz:

You Don make me laugh fall for chair grin grin grin

But na true na grin.
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2017
ioreth69:
TFY

Ordinary 3 words laziness cannot allow u type

#Eco99#

Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by dlox147(m): 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You are so funny.Peter said those that had repented of their sins should be baptized not children that were brought to the world.
The verse can be linked to Luke 24:47 " And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations,beginning at Jerusalem.So the message was preaching and baptizing those who had repented of their sins not a babu that just came to the world.A child born to the world doesn't need baptism but dedication. Don't assume anything because Peter said everyone because the Bible didn't mentioned children, if infant baptism was permitted, Jesus would have being baptized by his early parents. Even John the Baptist didn't do that at all.
In

Na you funny pass, how does a command "Repent and be baptized" refer to only the Repented? Did Jesus come for the clean or sinners?
Re: Man Who Impregnated Lady In Makurdi & Vanished, Resurfaces At Child's Baptism by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 28, 2017
dlox147:

Na you funny pass, how does a command "Repent and be baptized" refer to only the Repented? Did Jesus come for the clean or sinners?
It doesn't change the fact based on the scriptures that it allowed infant baptism. Jesus came for sinners not baptizing babies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brief Dietary Recall Of How My Wife Fed Me In 2022 / How Can I Control My Sex Craving Toward My Wife / Woman Rejects Keke As Push Gift Not Knowing That A Car Gift Was Coming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.