Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

"beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? (2276 Views)

Poll: is beauty really in the eyes of the beholder?

yes: 100% (16 votes)
no: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder .... How?? / Does Beauty Really Lies In The Eyes Of The Beholder? / In The Eye Of The Beholder! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by sweetpie23: 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2010
I have two question regrading to this beauty is in the eyes of the beholder theory.

1) we told by the media and our peers what is beautiful? If we are persuaded by the opinions of others in regards to what true beauty means, then how do we determine what we really think about beauty?

2) If beauty is up to the individual, why are there people set up to look a certain way to please the masses?

(eg: indecency stars, movie stars celebrities etc)
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2010
Indecency stars are not always beautiful.

Even celebrities are not always beautiful.

Let your beauty be in your eyes first and you'll see the beauty of other people.
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by sweetpie23: 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2010
michelin89:

Indecency stars are not always beautiful.

Even celebrities are not always beautiful.

Let your beauty be in your eyes first and you'll see the beauty of other people.
true but sometimes you go like 'that guy is hot' or 'that girl is pretty' and all your friends goes like 'what the hell are you kidding?' 'you need to get your eyes check' etc etc how the hell are we gonna see what is beautiful through our own individual eyes when society have their own standard of what is beautiful and what is not
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by googles: 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2010
[size=13pt]yea, beauty is really in the eyes of the beholder because beauty is a relative term it means different things to different pple[/size]
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2010
sweetpie23:

true but sometimes you go like 'that guy is hot' or 'that girl is pretty' and all your friends goes like 'what the hell are you kidding?' 'you need to get your eyes check' etc etc how the hell are we gonna see what is beautiful through our own individual eyes when society have their own standard of what is beautiful and what is not

Your friends are not the society, they are part of it, just like you. Every preference you have makes a difference in what the society likes. Besides it is a known fact that social norms are not always the expression of the majority.
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by sweetpie23: 4:37pm On Feb 20, 2010
michelin89:

Your friends are not the society, they are part of it, just like you. Every preference you have makes a difference in what the society likes. Besides it is a known fact that social norms are not always the expression of the majority.
you have a point smiley
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by henryhemon(m): 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2010
beauty is the eyes of the beholder,however some women are generally beautiful.
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2010
henryhemon:

beauty is the eyes of the beholder,however some women are generally beautiful.
But even some of those classically beautiful women sometimes dont always rock everyone's boat.
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by henryhemon(m): 6:50pm On Feb 20, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

But even some of those classically beautiful women sometimes dont always rock everyone's boat.

But the rock most people's boat!and there's no way its gonna rock everyone's boat.Like most people in nairaland know you are pweety!
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2010
henryhemon:

Hmmmm I dont have any pics though so must be my pweety personality eh? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Hmmmm I dont have any pics though so must be my pweety personality eh? cheesy cheesy cheesy

They say that to boost your confidence. Then you post your pictures and the tune changes.

*shakes head*
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2010
michelin89:

They say that to boost your confidence. Then you post your pictures and the tune changes.

*shakes head*
grin grin grin grin Girl I know that and there is no way in hells earth I will ever post my pics on this forum, too many vindictive people about grin grin
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by sweetpie23: 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

I guess so. outer beauty just catch our attention for a while, but personality last through out. you have a beautiful personality and I have no doubt in my mind that you are a very beautiful woman cause a beautiful soul is a beautiful person. wink wink wink
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 20, 2010
sweetpie23:

I guess so. outer beauty just catch our attention for a while, but personality last through out. you have a beautiful personality and I have no doubt in my mind that you are a very beautiful woman cause a beautiful soul is a beautiful person. wink wink wink

Haba worwor people get nasty personalities? grin
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by sweetpie23: 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2010
michelin89:

*shakes head*
lol true some assholes will change their tune but I will always like eboye. I like people for who they are not how they look.
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by henryhemon(m): 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2010
@Ebonyeye,
I have seen your pix,u got those wonderful eyes,u can't deny that nw?
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 20, 2010
henryhemon:

@Ebonyeye,
I have seen your pix,u got those wonderful eyes,u can't deny that nw?
Not true. Who are you really? grin
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by henryhemon(m): 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2010
@Ebonyeye,
You know i couldn't be lying,dnt worry about me!
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2010
henryhemon:

@Ebonyeye,
You know i couldn't be lying,dnt worry about me!

Im intrigued now grin grin grin I guess you are just pulling my legs.
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by henryhemon(m): 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Im intrigued now grin grin grin I guess you are just pulling my legs.

I ain't pulling ur legs,you got those wonderful eyes n u re pretty,very pretty simple.
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2010
michelin89:

Haba worwor people get nasty personalities? grin

yes nah.

why are you pretending you dont know?

arent you wowo and dont you have a stinking personality wink
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2010
tpia.:

yes nah.

why are you pretending you dont know?

arent you wowo and dont you have a stinking personality wink

Because you sef worwor and you know it. That's why e day pain you those somali girls are getting compliments. wink
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 20, 2010
michelin89:

Because you sef worwor and you know it. That's why e day pain you those somali girls are getting compliments. wink

michelin89:

Ugly hand. . .she nor get vaseline for house?

why e dey pain you say somebody got engaged sotay you come begin abuse im hand say e ugly?
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2010
tpia.:

why e dey pain you say somebody got engaged sotay you come begin abuse im hand say e ugly?

Why you bring another topic come here? Oya go post am for there, amebo.
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by mamagee3(f): 8:39pm On Feb 20, 2010
What's in that quote to be discussed, Beauty is in the eyes of the Beholder
Unless, you've carried out an experiment to contradict this theory
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by daduke2k(m): 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2010
@michelin, boy is dis realy comin from u?
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by mamagee3(f): 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2010
daduke2k:

@michelin, boy is dis realy comin from u?

Did you bother to notice michelin is female?
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by H2O2: 9:35pm On Feb 20, 2010
The beholder's eye is prone to malfunctions every now and again

so be sure to keep in mind that if you're ugly, you're ugly.
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2010
henryhemon:

I ain't pulling your legs,you got those wonderful eyes n u re pretty,very pretty simple.
embarassed embarassed embarassed Stop telling lies.
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 20, 2010
sweetpie23:

smiley smiley smiley You have to stop this hun grin grin grin Thanks though smiley smiley smiley
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by daduke2k(m): 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2010
Yes i do , read very wel ok, kip ur mind strait 2 get wot people mean.
Re: "beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder" How True? by H2O2: 10:04pm On Feb 20, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

smiley smiley smiley You have to stop this hun grin grin grin Thanks though smiley smiley smiley
Can you guys stop licking each other's nuts lol
We have enough lesbians on nairaland alraedy

not enough chicks to go around for the dudes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love / Should I Just Quit / Ladi-nonsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.