Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,827,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? (1311 Views)

Is It Proper For A Lady To Give Her Number To Guys When She Has A Boyfriend? / Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? / Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by MasterJoe(m): 4:15am On Aug 28, 2017
There is no doubt that the world is actually evolving. Things are changing slow and steady.

I walked passed some group of folks, males and females debating on the acceptability and profoundness of ladies proposing to men.
Hey there! In your own view what do you think? Do you think it is proper or not?

For me, I see nothing wrong with it. A lady can go ahead to propose to a man. Afterall, defined relationship precedes marriage proposal. The implication of this is that no harm would be incured since both parties to some reasonable extent know themselves. For me, proposal is akin to a thing done to fulfil all righteousness. It is just like a formal activity or observation like naming ceremony, birthday party, to name a few. It doesn't temper with the love that exist between the two love birds. Hence, it doesn't matter who proposed. Yes, lady or man, it doesn't matter. What matters is what they feel for each other, the essence of their marriage is key, I think.
That's my own thought. What do you guys think?

Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by ArcFresky(m): 5:22am On Aug 28, 2017
It shouldn't matter,
But in Nigeria, where some guys no Dey get sense, I strongly advise against such.
Best thing is to give him signs.
Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 28, 2017
grin don't try your self ooo.. Try it in Oyinbo man land not black man land ooo

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 7:24am On Aug 28, 2017
Too much culture dey obstruct understanding sometimes

A Nigerian girl wants to say;

- I miss u...she go say...you can not call somebody abi

- Its been long i heard from you...she go flash and when you call back she go say...sorry it was a mistake its not you i wanted to call.

- i knew you will call back when you see my missed call...she go say...your ashawos dey with you the other time weh you no gree pick call?

Now tell me how a lady with such a cunning orientation will ever propose. My dear e fit work for ghana or togo o but here in naija it will be a miracle or d guy juju strong.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by DarkMagic(m): 7:32am On Aug 28, 2017
Nothing dey there na
If a man can propose...why can't a woman??
Whether na pride our mentality..i no knw undecided
Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by febo15(m): 7:48am On Aug 28, 2017
Yes, if worse comes to worse, she jus hav to.
Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 28, 2017
I'm the type thats very open with my feelings
if I see a guy I like I tell him I like him

if I meet a cool guy I collect his number and befriend him.

if I want to see a guy I dont wait to be invited I call and tell him I want to come over.

I don't see the need to pretend when there's someone that can make me happy.

I would even love to ask my boyfriend(future boyfriend) to marry me but note you have to make sure he's the mature type and hes not the type that believes a woman shouldn't go after a man and he's ready for marriage, financially emotionally etc

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Evablizin(f): 8:18am On Aug 28, 2017
In oyinbo Land is right but In Naija the Gaint of Africa is Wrong
Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by DarkMagic(m): 8:24am On Aug 28, 2017
Evaberry:

if I want to see a guy I dont wait to be invited I call and tell him I want to come over.

I would even love to ask my boyfriend(future boyfriend) to marry me but note you have to make sure he's the mature type and hes not the type that believes a woman shouldn't go after a man and he's ready for marriage, financially emotionally etc

Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by tosyne2much(m): 8:31am On Aug 28, 2017
It depends on the maturity of the man. Never try that with a fucck boy cheesy
Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Divay22(f): 8:32am On Aug 28, 2017
Well nothing is wrong with it...
But you have to prepare in case of any disappointment..
Be sure he loves you.
Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by hAlexandro(m): 8:33am On Aug 28, 2017
shocked shocked
Divay22:
Well nothing is wrong with it...
But you have to prepare in case of any disappointment..
Be sure he loves you.
Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Divay22(f): 8:37am On Aug 28, 2017
Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by babyfaceafrica: 8:42am On Aug 28, 2017
Here we go again?
Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by hAlexandro(m): 11:17am On Aug 28, 2017
Re: Is It Proper For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by MasterJoe(m): 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2017
Evaberry:

High five to you. This post is as mature as you. I often tell my friends, sometimes, playing hard to get doesn't increase your value it only betrays maturity.

Fine submission, I like that part "you have to make sure he's the mature type and hes not the type that believes a woman shouldn't go after a man and he's ready for marriage, financially emotionally etc "

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

8 Different Types Of Ni*ple Sizes, Shapes And Textures / Woman Rubs Her Bare Breast On Man Who's Been Disturbing Her For Sex / After Lavishing #1million On His Girlfriend Birthday, Then This Happened.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.