Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers (6396 Views)

Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot / Claims That Okonjo-iweala, Others Urged Me Not To Concede Is Twisted Logic-gej / Claims That Okonjo-iweala, Others Urged Me Not To Concede Is Twisted Logic – Jon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by maclatunji: 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
attackgat:
I dont know how somebody can call a mere 1914 "colonial arrangement" called Nigeria their country.

If Nigeria is actually anybody's country, it is the country of Frederick Lugard and his wife, Flora Lugard.
He created it, she named it.

As a result of this colonial creation, which nobody was consulted, someone in Maidugri will be telling an Igbo man like me in Enugu that we are 'one'. How? What is my connection to Maidugri? What historical connection did we Igbos have with Hausa or Yoruba before the coming of Lugard? Absolutely zero!

Because Lugard came, we are now ONE NIGERIA? I laugh in Chinese

How can somebody be telling us Igbos what our country is? Did we say we dont know how to form our own country? So what is all this unity begging for?

I totally support the independence of the Igbo nation from the British colonial fraud called Nigeria!

Then Biafra is actually a bigger fraud. At least, Nigeria has legal instruments establishing it first, as a political unit and then an Independent country and then a Republic . If you want to argue this effectively, you have to go back to having your independent village like you were pre-colonisation. I may then take you seriously.
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by che8: 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2017
maclatunji:

The 1999 constitution is based largely on the 1979 Constitution and yes Nigerians sat to draft it. No constitution is written by all or even millions of its people starting from the United States that you Biafran agitators are dashing to in hopes of getting support. #LOL

I guess you are aware that the military doesn't recognize any constitution establishing an overthrown government hence they rule by fiat via decrees. Hinging 1999 constitution on a promulgated 1979 constitution duly set aside by Gen. Buhari when he struck is laughable to say the least.

This one is easy, according to the constitution:

By birth-namely- (a) Every person born in Nigeria after the date of independence (October 1, 1960), either of whose parents or any of whose grandparents belongs or belonged to a community indigenous to Nigeria;

Provided that a person shall not become a citizen of Nigeria by virtue of this section if neither of his parents nor any of his grandparents was born in Nigeria.

(b) Every person born outside Nigeria either of whose parents is a citizen of Nigeria.

(2) In this section, "the date of independence" means the 1st day of October 1960.

Besides, the people of the Southeast voted for Nigeria when millions turned out for the 2015 general elections. I did not see Togolese or Cameroonians turning out to vote in that election.

The same way they are now saying they want to carry their own destiny in their own hands and wants OUT for self determination. Are they not mature enough to determine their own fate?

It becomes treasonable if you seek to break away from Nigeria. You may largely govern your state within Nigeria freely within the confines of the constitution. Freedom has never and will never be absolute.

This is true to you and only you. You, as a Yoruba Muslim has decided to serve your caliphate masters forever. Do not impose your will on others. Good luck to you as you remain slave for life with a defined limits of freedom!

If you ask me, na who I go ask? Ask the Biafran Nigerian soldiers of Southeastern origin. They might know.

There was war because two parties engaged in a combat. The world has moved and another Biafran is born who thinks differently. Enjoy your 19th century status quo.

IPOB has done enough damage already which includes incitement, sedition and lots more. Only an intellectually-challenged individual would wait for a group to carry arms before considering it illegal or dangerous after all that I have listed and more. Do not argue them with me, our laws make them crimes.

Nothing is as damaging as the TRUTH, that fact I can acknowledge. Only the brave can handle it. I'm yet to hear a logical reason from you why Bifra should stay, all I read from you is same and old vituperation of constitutional gibberish and territorial integrity ish!

Please itemize for me in logically succinct manner: WHY SHOULD BIAFRA STAY?

1 Like

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by maclatunji: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2017
che8:

I guess you are aware that the military doesn't recognize any constitution establishing an overthrown government hence they rule by fiat via decrees. Hinging 1999 constitution on a promulgated 1979 constitution duly set aside by Gen. Buhari when he struck is laughable to say the least.

The same way they are now saying they want to carry their own destiny in their own hands and wants OUT for self determination. Are they not mature enough to determine their own fate?

This is true to you and only you. You, as a Yoruba Muslim has decided to serve your caliphate masters forever. Do not impose your will on others. Good luck to you as you remain slave for life with a defined limits of freedom!

There was war because two parties engaged in a combat. The world has moved and another Biafran is born who thinks differently. Enjoy your 19th century status quo.

Nothing is as damaging as the TRUTH, that fact I can acknowledge. Only the brave can handle it. I'm yet to hear a logical reason from you why Bifra should stay, all I read from you is same and old vituperation of constitutional gibberish and territorial integrity ish!

Please itemize for me in logically succinct manner: WHY SHOULD BIAFRA STAY?

Biafra should stay? It can go to New York O. As long as you are not trying to secede or be seditious. That's when the law empowers the Commander-in-chief to act decisively.

So, I am not in the business of convincing Biafra because you cannot give what you don't have. You cannot determine whether or not you are a part of Nigeria. De facto, de jure you are. #LOL
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by che8: 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2017
maclatunji:

Biafra should stay? It can go to New York O. As long as you are not trying to secede or be seditious. That's when the law empowers the Commander-in-chief to act decisively.

That is a clear sign of weakness! Obviously you are implying that "There is no Nigeria without Biafra", However Biafrans are saying "We can stay and manage our lives without Nigeria"....Defeat Biafra with "Facts", and not war threats.
Last time I checked, Millions of Biafrans on the street are no longer afraid of guns purchased with tax payers money and your genocidal military threats any more!

So, I am not in the business of convincing Biafra because you cannot give what you don't have. You cannot determine whether or not you are a part of Nigeria. De facto, de jure you are. #LOL

Bring it on!

2 Likes

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by freshest4live: 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2017
che8:

That is a clear sign of weakness! Obviously you are implying that "There is no Nigeria without Biafra", However Biafrans are saying "We can stay and manage our lives without Nigeria"....Defeat Biafra with "Facts", and not war threats.
Last time I checked, Millions of Biafrans on the street are no longer afraid of guns purchased with tax payers money and your genocidal military threats any more!

Bring it on!
You are right, there's no Nigeria without Biafra and nobody is going anywhere.
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by DocHMD: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2017
maclatunji:
[s]

Not hard, misguided. Freedom from what? Did a group of other tribes in Nigeria fight an Independent Igbo nation to form Nigeria? No.

So, where did the subjugation come from? It is actually a construct you have created for yourselves. Learn to understand which concepts apply to you.

Is a non-Southeasterner governing any Southeast state in Nigeria? No.

If you claim Nigeria has not benefitted you then wake-up and smell the coffee, you negotiate not agitate.

Or you want to insist on a suicidal mission of secession to prove your misplaced concept of 'freedom'?

I know you are just playing to the gallery to get customary likes. angry angry grin[/s]

Half abokii/Half yoruba muslims and their demented logic of believibg that it is the will of Allah that they remain slaves to fula caliphate, when Biafrans disagree, they cry to high heavens.

5 Likes

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by freshest4live: 3:43pm On Aug 29, 2017
attackgat:
I dont know how somebody can call a mere 1914 "colonial arrangement" called Nigeria their country.

If Nigeria is actually anybody's country, it is the country of Frederick Lugard and his wife, Flora Lugard.

As a result of this colonial creation, which nobody was consulted, someone in Maidugri will be telling an Igbo man like me in Enugu that we are 'one'. How? What is my connection to Maidugri? What historical connection did we Igbos have with Hausa or Yoruba before the coming of Lugard? Absolutely zero!

How can somebody be telling us Igbos what our country is? Did we say we dont know how to form our own country? So what is all this unity begging for?

I totally support the independence of the Igbo nation from the British colonial fraud called Nigeria!
This your Lugard tale is stale already, we were colonized and brought together by colonial masters and so what? Even if Luggard did not come, the Hausa/Fulani's and the Borno Empire may have conquered your Biafra, and today you folks would be bowing your asses out in Onitsha before a giant Mosque. Luggard or no Luggard, we fought for our independence for Which Nnamdi Azikiwe waited for 3yrs to include the North. Even after that, he never allowed referendum in the constitution. So like it or not, the guy in Maiduguri is your brother and a fellow Citizen.
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by attackgat: 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2017
maclatunji:

Then Biafra is actually a bigger fraud. At least, Nigeria has legal instruments establishing it first, as a political unit and then an Independent country and then a Republic . If you want to argue this effectively, you have to go back to having your independent village like you were pre-colonisation. I may then take you seriously.

Tell us the legal instruments Lugard used in establishing Nigeria in 1914, I would like to learn about this too.

1 Like

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by attackgat: 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2017
freshest4live:

This your Lugard tale is stale already, we were colonized and brought together by colonial masters and so what?

Because your entire claim to being a 'Nigerian' is based on it. If the British had not come, what country would you belong to today?

Even if Luggard did not come, the Hausa/Fulani's and the Borno Empire may have conquered your Biafra, and today you folks would be bowing your asses out in Onitsha before a giant Mosque.

Now that is making unfounded predictions.

Luggard or no Luggard, we fought for our independence for Which Nnamdi Azikiwe waited for 3yrs to include the North. Even after that, he never allowed referendum in the constitution. So like it or not, the guy in Maiduguri is your brother and a fellow Citizen.

Really? So the guy in Maidugri is by brother wether I like it or not? So what it means is that Lugard has more rights than me in my own land? It is Lugard who can come from Britain to Africa to tell me what my country will be and who must be my brother? No wonder the white man had no respect for Africans, the white man knew that many African still reason like the early cave men.

2 Likes

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by che8: 3:58pm On Aug 29, 2017
maclatunji:

attackgat:

Tell us the legal instruments Lugard used in establishing Nigeria in 1914, I would like to learn about this too.

Also the evidence of written consent from Indigenous People of Biafra to be part of Laggard's cesspit contraption

2 Likes

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by pauljumbo: 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
maclatunji:
I have taken time to engage the IPOB-inspired Biafran agitators whose propaganda is often also expressed by some Igbo contributors to radio phone-in programmes and there is a trend.

They are quick to list their perceived 'injustices' against Igbos and the Southeast as justification for their agitation. Meanwhile, they fail to realize that their agitation is likely to make the condition of the people they claim to be fighting for worse.

Let us say Nnamdi Kanu was not initially caught when he sneaked into Nigeria and was successful with his agenda to raise agitation in the Southeast. Depending on how successful he would have been, hundreds to thousands of people would have died in the region and there still would be no Biafra. Don't forget, this is not 1967 where a regional system exists and neither are we having military rule where some Southeastern officer can seek to commandeer troops in a secession bid. Any attempt to raise the issue of secession is just a call for suffering on the people of the Southeast. Whatever suffering you might think you are experiencing now will be like paradise to a conflict situation.

I am sure some responder would quickly type- 'we want a referendum like the United Kingdom held for Scotland.' My reaction- stop engaging in dubious analysis and postulations.

The legal framework and political structure of the United Kingdom with its constituent nations is not the same as Nigeria. The Nigerian constitution does not give any window for separation or secession including a referendum. Even insisting on one will still in all likelihood lead to trouble.

So, instigating trouble and getting people in harm's way is not going to help the Southeast and no foreign country will do anything tangible about it too. Their interests are firmly with Nigeria not a rag-tag bunch of secessionist agitators too closely aligned to a discredited Jonathan administration.

Harsh? Well, you need a reality check before you get people killed for nothing.

Op threats don't work anymore

Everything in your post is that if the igbos decided to secede their will be war and the igbos will loss.

We need better argument than threaths of war

6 Likes

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by freshest4live: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2017
attackgat:

Because your entire claim to being a 'Nigerian' is based on it. If the British had not come, what country would you belong to today?

Now that is making unfounded predictions.

Really? So the guy in Maidugri is by brother wether I like it or not? So what it means is that Lugard has more rights than me in my own land? It is Lugard who can come from Britain to Africa to tell me what my country will be and who must be my brother? No wonder the white man had no respect for Africans, the white man knew that many African still reason like the early cave men.
Did Luggard also give us independence? If we didn't separate before our independence, and had to wait for the Northerners who weren't ready, then no one can back out now, it's too late. We had the chance, we blew it. All that is left is to work out the terms and conditions thereby of our coexistence. Whining changes nothing.
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by freshest4live: 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
che8:

Also the evidence of written consent from Indigenous People of Biafra to be part of Laggard's cesspit contraption

We had the time before independence to back out, but we decided to be independent together signing documents to that fact. Therefore the Luggard chapter is closed.
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by freshest4live: 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2017
pauljumbo:

Everything in your post is that if the igbos decided to secede their will be war and the igbos will loss.

There can only be arguement for restructuring and a better Nigeria. It's too late for secession.
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by pauljumbo: 4:31pm On Aug 29, 2017
freshest4live:

There can only be arguement for restructuring and a better Nigeria. It's too late for secession.

The last president speech he said no room for such

That's why some of is supporting the idea of secession

1 Like

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by freshest4live: 4:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
pauljumbo:

The last president speech he said no room for such

That's why some of is supporting the idea of secession
Nope rather he said the opposite.

1 Like

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by pauljumbo: 4:36pm On Aug 29, 2017
freshest4live:

Nope rather he said the opposite.

Once their is true restructuring the secession agitation will die automatic.

This government don't want it
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by freshest4live: 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2017
pauljumbo:

Restructuring is a gradual process, what if there's a speedy one time restructuring and we still don't make progress? First we must establish devolution of powers and community police, abolish federal roads and empower local Governments. We must reform not the Federal Government but the state Government first.
Regional Government is also a good idea to me, any of them would do, but rushing into it especially during recession may not be the best.
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by attackgat: 4:44pm On Aug 29, 2017
pauljumbo:

Better forget about restructuring, the North will never agree to it.

3 Likes

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by jpphilips(m): 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2017
zenmaster:

What debate? Are you blind to the zoo-ishness of Nigeria?

You quickly forgot that Angola the second largest producer of crude oil in Africa after Nigeria is equally in recession, anyways, IPOB remains a disgrace to insanity.

1 Like

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by jpphilips(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
freshest4live:

Restructuring is a gradual process, what if there's a speedy one time restructuring and we still don't make progress? First we must establish devolution of powers and community police, abolish federal roads and empower local Governments. We must reform not the Federal Government but the state Government first.
Regional Government is also a good idea to me, any of them would do, but rushing into it especially during recession may not be the best.

Have you figured out why the regional government failed in the past? thank God nigeria doesn't listen to folks like you.
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by freshest4live: 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
jpphilips:

Have you figured out why the regional government failed in the past? thank God nigeria doesn't listen to folks like you.
Whatever, but there must be some restructuring of some sort, more accountability and an empowered local Government. We can't continue like this.
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by rozayx5(m): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2017
Thanks attackgat and zenmaster for teaching the zombie BMC consultant a lesson

Buhari is back. Expect more anti ipob threads from zombies like the op

4 Likes

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by jpphilips(m): 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2017
attackgat:

This is exactly the kunu logic nnamdi Kanu used on most of you, I can still recall this rant of yours from him on radio Biafra, I never believed any sane person will fall for that sh!t anyways, Nigeria isn't asking you how convinced you are but how far you can go.
so why haven't you declared the damn Biafra republic for starters?

Nnamdi kanu knowing that you barely have anything semblance to a good education backdated your ignorance of Nigeria's existence to 1914, while Nigeria was reborn in 1960 through the joint effort of igbos, hausa and Yoruba.
So when you ask me what you have in common with the man from Maiduguri, i will quickly ask you where your father was when their Tafawa Balewa was fighting a global power for the soul of Nigeria?

The same global power your father was too scared to confront yet these guys succeeded without firing a shot, who knows, your father from Enugu would have taken his place, then Kanu's father may take the place of Awolowo, who knows, Britain may have considered a republic of umuahia to satisfy the !d!ocy that runs in the genes of both of you.

Wake me up when Biafra arrives!!

1 Like

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by attackgat: 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
jpphilips:

This is exactly the kunu logic nnamdi Kanu used on most of you, I can still recall this rant of yours from him on radio Biafra, I never believed any sane person will fall for that sh!t anyways, Nigeria isn't asking you how convinced you are but how far you can go.
so why haven't you declared the damn Biafra republic for starters?

Nnamdi kanu knowing that you barely have anything semblance to a good education backdated your ignorance of Nigeria's existence to 1914, while Nigeria was reborn in 1960 through the joint effort of igbos, hausa and Yoruba.
So when you ask me what you have in common with the man from Maiduguri, i will quickly ask you where your father was when their Tafawa Balewa was fighting a global power for the soul of Nigeria?

The same global power your father was too scared to confront yet these guys succeeded without firing a shot, who knows, your father from Enugu would have taken his place, then Kanu's father may take the place of Awolowo, who knows, the Britain may have considered a republic of umuahia to satisfy the !d!ocy that runs in the genes of both of you.

Wake me up when Biafra arrives!!

Why take the time to write all this jjust to make no sense?

In 1914, Lugard created a country which his wife called "Nigeria"

So the question an Igbo man like me wants anwers to is why you Nigerians stole the country which Lugard created and claimed it as your own?

I also want to know why you Nigerians stole the name "Nigeria" which was invented by Mrs Flora Lugard?

So in essence, you Nigerians stole the work

of a British man and his wife and have been shamelessly parading it as your national identity?

And it is from this act of robbery that you Nigerians are calling for Nnamdi Kanu's head?

Lol

I would like to know more about this act of theft that gave you Nigerians your so called country.

1 Like

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by Yyeske(m): 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2017
attackgat:

Why take the time to write all this jjust to make no sense?

In 1914, Lugard created a country which his wife called "Nigeria"

So the question an Igbo man like me wants anwers to is why you Nigerians stole the country which Lugard created and claimed it as your own?

I also want to know why you Nigerians stole the name "Nigeria" which was invented by Mrs Flora Lugard?

So in essence, you Nigerians stole the work

of a British man and his wife and have been shamelessly parading it as your national identity?

And it is from this act of robbery that you Nigerians are calling for Nnamdi Kanu's head?

Lol

I would like to know more about this act of theft that gave you Nigerians your so called country.
I'm making no head from your write up
Are you a Nigerian to start with and if yes, how did you steal the work of a British man?
Did you steal the British man's language too?
Explain sir because I'm not understanding
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by attackgat: 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2017
Yyeske:
I'm making no head from your write up
Are you a Nigerian to start with and if yes, how did you steal the work of a British man?
Did you steal the British man's language too?
Explain sir because I'm not understanding

British people created Nigeria, they named the place Nigeria. So as an African, if say that you are "Nigeria" is your own, it means you stole the country since we all know it was the British that created it.

Did you ask Lord Lugard for permission to claim the country he created as your own?

Did you ask his wife, Flora Lugard, to use the name 'Nigeria' which she invented, as your national identity?

Of course you did not. When a person uses the property of other peoole without permission, it is a form of stealing.

2 Likes

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by Yyeske(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
attackgat:

British people created Nigeria, they named the place Nigeria. So as an African, if say that you are "Nigeria" is your own, it means you stole the country since we all know it was the British that created it.

Did you ask Lord Lugard for permission to claim the country he created as your own?

Did you ask his wife, Flora Lugard, to use the name 'Nigeria' which she invented, as your national identity?

Of course you did not. When a person uses the property of other peoole without permission, it is a form of stealing.
I am not understanding still, that aside, why did you steal the British man's language too because I know English language isn't your mother tongue
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by maclatunji: 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2017
pauljumbo:

Not a threat, fact. Do you know the difference?
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by maclatunji: 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
che8:

Bring it on!

Biafra is defeated already. The only thing left to decide is if you will accept this reality quietly or will you try to test it at the cost of lives for no sound reason. The whole idea is to help you from being instigators of another round of unnecessary upheaval at best and war at worst.
Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
maclatunji:

Not a threat, fact. Do you know the difference?

Why not try and defeat Boko Haram first before you beat your chest on the next war

1 Like

Re: The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers by maclatunji: 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
pauljumbo:

Typical. You thought wrong and it was pointed out to you. Instead of accepting, you dig-in deeper to your incorrect position. It is almost a genetic trait for you guys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NNPP Senatorial, House Of Reps Candidates In Zamfara Join APC / Reducing The Population Pressure On Lagos / Ajimobi Closes Akala's 178 Bank Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.