Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,458 members, 7,850,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:17 AM

UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria (39234 Views)

Isa Pantami Shed Tears Over Killings In Northern Nigeria / PDP Dares Buhari Over Threats To Arrest Atiku / Liya Sharibu Not Released Because She Refused To Denounce Christ - Dapchi Parent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Odingo1: 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2017
femolii:
So don't complain then just remain in your 3rd class citizen till thy kindom come osu.
Cowards that don't have the courage to live without Igbos but keep hating on them,always calling for war on Igbos that is agitating peacefully for their own country Biafra,Osu yorba

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2017
[quote author=oladeebo post=59947747][/quote]
Why is Nigeria scared of referendum with Biafra? Is it because of oil in Biafraland?

If Nigeria must be respected Biafra restoration is a solution. That is the fact.

3 Likes

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Belmot(m): 10:15pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nonaira1:

You brethren are getting slaughtered on daily basis in middle east for being part of Isis as well getting theor throat slashed for being part of boko haram. But you worry about the execution of "people all over the world for carrying powder." That's a billion times better than animals killing thousands of people simply for not practicing their blood thirsty religion or skull mining eachother for rituals. Go and save your savagery tribe and nation. I'll take a drug dealer anyday over a bomb strapping goat. At least a drug dealer won't affect me if I don't use his drug while a terrorist like una will blow himself up with me next to him simply because he's too much a loser to get a Virgin in life thus deluding himself he'll get one in heaven.
Lol! @my brethren in the middle east. Now you see why I said most of you guys are daft, you just proved it.

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by okway: 10:21pm On Aug 29, 2017
Odingo1:

Cowards that don't have the courage to live without Igbos but keep hating on them,always calling for war on Igbos that is agitating peacefully for their own country Biafra,Osu yorba

Lol do Yorubas have the power to make Ibos stay like dogs? grin

3 Likes

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by HoluwarTohbar(f): 11:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
Belmot:
Have the UN and US stop the killing of christians in CAR? The yazidi christians in Iraq? Or the killings in Myanmar and Yemen? A lot of you ibos online seems very daft when you talk about global history.
No sir. But do you know the cost of being a pariah nation? Let there be peace.

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by HoluwarTohbar(f): 11:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
Diademk07:

If you are talking about the embolden (Fulani herdsmen), then we will take you serious but Arewa's youth? Nada!

They did nothing worse than kanu and his Ipob cronies. They didn't even make hate speeches unlike you victim card playing blackmailing folks!
I will help you, KANU is already on trial for his actions. You should ask where UN was when Oba of Lagos perpetrated his threat? Problems from every angle. But I sincerely blame Buhari for speeding Nigeria into a pariah nation.

3 Likes

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Chemcrown: 12:13am On Aug 30, 2017
Odingo1:

Cowards,if you hate somebody,kick the person out of your life,support and let FG grant them Biafra and then kick them out to their country.
You guys are pathetic cowards,Arewa youths and Afojas
I am not expecting less but your song of coward, afonja and now u av added arewa youth; hope u get a good producer and marketer for dis una track.
How do u expect a sane person to support a fool calling me zombie, planning to burn my house which he still went ahead to rent an apartment there in kuje for 2 yrs and telling ur likes to kill me. Is dat d way to call for support. If you don't know, one of the best tactical and overt support u could ever have is the one given by the arewa youth thru d quit notice... Ask for support diplomatically.
Oh, before dem close shop, go get sense o, and make sure na original.
And pass dis message to ur ipork frnd autchies (urchin).

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Diademk07: 12:13am On Aug 30, 2017
Odingo1:

Who's calling for wars on the Ibos? Lol..

The point is you can't expect us to keep quiet in the face of your hate speeches! And lol at your peaceful agitation claim.

2 Likes

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Nwadiuto247: 12:16am On Aug 30, 2017
Diademk07:

Who's supporting who here? I'm only stating that the Igbos have done much more worse than the Arewa youths. They kicked out Kumuyi from having his crusade.. Incited the crowds to kill any Yoruba wandering around.. Not to mention their hate speeches everywhere and the funny aspect is not just one but Ibos at large support these hate speeches.

You know what? I really want to offer an olive branch to the Ibos but seeing how they hate my race so much is an eye opening.

Kanu has been in Kuje prison for almost two years paying the price of the things he said. He is currently on bail now so what else do u want? The guy and his IPOB behave like touts so i dont like defending them but the way you people fear to condemn Arewa youths is not the best at all.

You can keep your olive branch if u think its the best. Some weeks ago this same Arewa people called Yorubas backstabbers and you people swept it under the carpet. Why do you people behave like slaves to them? Too bad.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:30am On Aug 30, 2017
Blue3k:

There's no hypocrisy isn't Kanu being tried as we speak. This dumb argument if you think his actions are illegal why are you copying? Insults and rudeness aren't crimes. Sit at home order wasn't by force hence why government offices and people moved around. There was no clause that said those that don't heed would be forced on house arrest.

This was daft apples to oranges comparison. It only proves lack consistent principles or logic. If your arguing the federal government is laxidasical in enforcing rule of law that's a different conversation. Again it holds no weight to why they should send tribal quit notice.

As usual, I wouldn't expect a rational argument or response from a mindset like yours - always twisting and turning issues.
OK, by the same token, did the Arewa youths enforced their quit notice?
FYI, any action or speech capable of inciting and breaching public peace is illegal and against the law - insults included; why do you think the govt is now clamping down on hate speeches?
Yes, Kanu had no authority to restrict freedom of movement of ppl in the region, including non-Igbos, many of whom were forced to comply out of fear from being later targetted by IPOB vilgilantes

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Diademk07: 12:32am On Aug 30, 2017
Nwadiuto247:

Kanu has been in Kuje prison for almost two years paying the price of the things he said. He is currently on bail now so what else do u want? The guy and his IPOB behave like touts so i dont like defending them but the way you people fear to condemn Arewa youths is not the best at all.

You can keep your olive branch if u think its the best. Some weeks ago this same Arewa people called Yorubas backstabbers and you people swept it under the carpet. Why do you people behave like slaves to them? Too bad.

Lol!

So it's the same with Ibos at large supporting a hate monger such as Kanu? I guess Hausa/Fulani crowds were running amok on the streets to call Yoruba derogatory names and celebrate hate speeches like the Ibo did?

Or the Hausa boldly called us derogatory names in front of the president like your Chief Arthur EZe did in front of Jonathan?

You know what? I know Ibo hate us even more than they hate the Fulani and thanks to Kanu, we are getting the memo. Kanu only spoke out what majority of the Ibos have always harboured in their heart!

2 Likes

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 1:00am On Aug 30, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

[s]As usual, I wouldn't expect a rational argument or response from a mindset like yours - always twisting and turning issues.
FYI, any action or speech capable of inciting and breaching public peace is illegal and against the law - insults included; why do you think the govt is now clamping down on hate speeches?
Yes, Kanu had no authority to restrict freedom of movement of ppl in the region, including non-Igbos, many of whom were forced to comply out of fear from being later targetted by IPOB vilgilantes[/s]

Lame argument again dude. I said they made terroristic threats that's illegal. Inciting violence is a crime so yes they did do something. Why would you ask a dumb question like that? Reread the declaration.

Kanu didn't restrict anyone's movement show me a case. The police and government said after fact nobody had to comply. Secondly their was no cases reported of anyone forced to. I asked you to show me Kanu making threat you brought nonsense hear say. Who are these IPOB vigilantee? His sit at home was more like voluntary called action because there's no consequences to refusing.

Hate speach isn't a mere insult like calling someone stupid or something. Last time I checked there's no hate speach laws on books. Threatening violence is illegal
Being a bigot like kanu or voicing idiotic views isn't illegal. If it was the prosecution would have added it to charges.

You admit out of your own mouth that the quit notice is illegal because any action or speech capable of inciting and breaching public peace is illegal. It didn't take you long to contradict yourself. Now stop trying defend bad behavior.

5 Likes

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by laudate: 1:26am On Aug 30, 2017
Obi1kenobi:
You might not be this cavalier with the Arewa youth threats when the butchery in the North starts. And believe it or not, it often ropes other Southerners, including Yorubas, into the madness. I've said my peace several times about Nnamdi Kanu and his band of miscreants. That doesn't mean I'll absolve the reprobates who have made tacit threats against Igbos in the North. Nobody really believes IPOB piglets are a threat to anyone, regardless of their crude insults of the Nigerian "zoo" and noisy, chest-beating rallies. Our Northern brethren are an entirely different culture. I'd be here all day detailing their rap-sheet of mass-slaughter long before Nigerian independence till today. Everything sets them off on a butchery spree, from a Palestinian boy killed in Israel to a cartoon in Denmark mocking their prophet Mohammed to Nigeria attempting host Miss World to random post-election violence etc.

Everything doesn't have to descend to an Igbo-Yoruba snipe-fest. Sometimes, many of you should possess enough maturity to say frank truths that have to be said. The instinctive defensiveness of many Yorubas here about Northerners is a little bit bizarre to me and I'm yet to understand it.

You obviously have a problem with Yorubas. undecided So I suggest you sort it out with them, because I am not from the Southwest and I cannot hold brief for them, even though I do have quite a lot of respect for them. sad

I do not agree with you that nobody takes the IPOB piglets serious. sad The fact that you might be able to dismiss their rantings, does not mean others would easily do the same. The Arewa youths took the rantings of the IPOB piglets and their leaders seriously enough, which led them to issue the Kaduna declaration.

I agree to a large extent that it does not take much to provoke the half-educated brainwashed almajiris up North, but then if your folks up North already knew the volatile nature of their hosts, why did they allow Kanu to stoke the fires of hate speech for so long, without taking steps to douse it, until their hosts decided to react? Please do not forget one thing - the freedom to swing your arms, ends where your neighbour's nose, begins. It is time for the IPOBians to learn how to speak responsibly & realise that every action they take, has far-reaching consequences not just for them, but also their people in different parts of this country. No one should take the heat for their actions, anymore. undecided

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:36am On Aug 30, 2017
Blue3k:

Lame argument again dude. I said they made terroristic threats that's illegal. Inciting violence is a crime so yes they did do something. Why would you ask a dumb question like that? Reread the declaration.

Kanu didn't restrict anyone's movement show me a case. The police and government said after fact nobody had to comply. Secondly their was no cases reported of anyone forces to. I asked you to show me Kanu making threat you brought nonsense hear say. Who are these IPOB vigilantee? His was more like voluntary called action because there's no consequences to refusing.

Hate speach isn't a mere insult like calling someone stupid or something. Last time I checked there's no hate speach laws on books. Threatening violence is illegal
Being a bigot like kanu or voicing idiotic views isn't illegal. If it was the prosecution would have added it to charges.

You admit out of your own mouth that the quit notice is illegal because any action or speech capable of inciting and breaching public peace is illegal. It didn't take you long to contradict yourself. Now stop trying defend bad behavior.

I have no time to respond to such an illiterate disjointed argument that lacks merit nor am ready to trade insults with someone that is obviously below my level - I leave you in peace.

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Chinagurum1995(m): 1:51am On Aug 30, 2017
Igbo's needs to leave Northern Nigeria and come back home in our lgbo nation Biafra. My lgbo brothers and sisters plz come back to Biafra we need you do not stay in the North. cry embarassed

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 1:52am On Aug 30, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

[s]I have no time to respond to such an illiterate disjointed argument that lacks merit nor am ready to trade insults with someone that is obviously below my level - I leave you in peace.[/s]

Glad you're finally tired of making daft arguments. Like I said stop defending bad behavior just because it's your brothers doing it.

ItsMeAboki:
Any action or speech capable of inciting and breaching public peace is illegal.
They warned the government that as from October 1, they will embark on what they called “peaceful and safe mop-up of all the remnants of the stubborn Igbos that neglect to heed this quit notice,” towards “finally eject them from every part of the North.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/06/06/northern-youths-declare-war-igbos-north-ask-them-%E2%80%98leave%E2%80%99-within-three-months
As a first step, since the Igbo have clearly abused the unreciprocated hospitality that gave them unrestricted access to, and ownership of landed properties all over the North, our first major move shall be to reclaim, assume and assert sole ownership and control of these landed resources currently owned, rented or in any way enjoyed by the ingrate Igbos in any part of Northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by badera: 2:19am On Aug 30, 2017
Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by egoldman(m): 2:37am On Aug 30, 2017
Yyeske:
I never support any killing of any kind and moreover, the arewa youths never mentioned genocide as your radio Biafra has being lieing about.
Take that to the bank you Somali Jew

Do you think the Rwandan genocide that was started and with a hate song had any word genocide in it?

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by laudate: 2:54am On Aug 30, 2017
Diademk07:
Who's calling for wars on the Ibos? Lol..

The point is you can't expect us to keep quiet in the face of your hate speeches! And lol at your peaceful agitation claim.
You dey mind dem? shocked Their brother Kanu who rained hate speeches, toxic epithets and vile slurs on other ethnic groups, should be canonised for sainthood, in their own eyes. undecided mtcheew...
Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by laudate: 2:56am On Aug 30, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
I will help you, KANU is already on trial for his actions. You should ask where UN was when Oba of Lagos perpetrated his threat? Problems from every angle. But I sincerely blame Buhari for speeding Nigeria into a pariah nation.
When the Oba of Lagos made his speech about the lagoon, 37 of your Eze Nd'Igbo were in attendance at the palace, and applauded his speech, clapping excitedly like schoolkids. sad They did not stand up to protest his choice of words, neither did they frown at his utterances. So why didn't your folks castigate those traditional chiefs for failing to protect the interests of your people? shocked Why are you now asking where the UN was, when the speech was being made? Buhari only did what any sensible leader would do, by curtailing Kanu's reckless decision to run amok, with his hate speeches. People should go back & learn from the factors that led to Rwanda's recent historical conflict. undecided

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by HoluwarTohbar(f): 3:20am On Aug 30, 2017
laudate:

When the Oba of Lagos made his speech about the lagoon, 37 of your Eze Nd'Igbo were in attendance at the palace, and applauded his speech, clapping excitedly like schoolkids. sad They did not stand up to protest his choice of words, neither did they frown at his utterances. So why didn't your folks castigate those traditional chiefs for failing to protect the interests of your people? shocked Why are you now asking where the UN was, when the speech was being made? Buhari only did what any sensible leader would do, by curtailing Kanu's reckless decision to run amok, with his hate speeches. People should go back & learn from the factors that led to Rwanda's recent historical conflict. undecided
...and today, the people said enough is enough is enough. If the Rwandan episode plays out in Nigeria today, the Oba's past action was contributory.

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Nonaira1: 3:22am On Aug 30, 2017
Belmot:
Lol! @my brethren in the middle east. Now you see why I said most of you guys are daft, you just proved it.

Oh so Ibrahim uwais is not your brethren? What about Imran Kabeer and Sani Jamiliu them no be your brethren? The poster girl and boy for Sub-Saharan Africans in Isis aka Khadijah Dare and her son them no be your brethren?

Considering a Niggerian was the poster girl and her child the pOster boy for Isis, there is no don't in my mind you lots make up the higher percentage of the sub-saharan African up there fighting for Allah tongue tongue tongue tongue terrorist ass motherfuckers

3 Likes

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by laudate: 3:23am On Aug 30, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
...and today, the people said enough is enough is enough. If the Rwandan episode plays out in Nigeria today, the Oba's past action was contributory.
And the action of the Eze Nd'Igbo that were in attendance was.... just what, exactly?? shocked Why do you chaps like playing the victim card whenever the Oba of Lagos' lagoon speech comes up?? If the Oba's past actions were contributory, then what do we call Nnamdi Kanu's vile utterances and actions, against other ethnic groups? Participatory?? shocked

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by laudate: 3:28am On Aug 30, 2017
ItsMeAboki:
As usual, I wouldn't expect a rational argument or response from a mindset like yours - always twisting and turning issues.
Yes, Kanu had no authority to restrict freedom of movement of ppl in the region, including non-Igbos, many of whom were forced to comply out of fear from being later targetted by IPOB vilgilantes

Hehehe.... wey my zobo? And my mat? Who carry my kunu commot for here? E be like say na on top this thread, I go match brake today! cheesy
Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by bkool7(m): 5:23am On Aug 30, 2017
Ojiofor:
Northerners thought we are still in 60s,Igbos will never suffer a second genocide in the hands of those barbarians.
We are not going to engage the north in a shooting war rather the intellectual war have just started.

What about the militants, that issued quit notice to yorubas and hausas in SS?..

Issuing quit notice means nothing

Anyone can talk, after all kanu has said and done worst.
Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Lightening: 6:26am On Aug 30, 2017
Praktikals:

Hate speeches like the one in this your comment (calling others barbarians) made Hausa give the quit notice. Is Nnamdi Kanu leading an 'intellectual' war?
Go and read punch newspaper interview of Emeka Ojukwu jnr. of sunday 27/08/2017 to get an idea of what intellectal war means.

Kanu's type of war seems more effective. Don't you think so? At least you can see the confusion everywhere .

4 Likes

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by HoluwarTohbar(f): 8:48am On Aug 30, 2017
laudate:

And the action of the Eze Nd'Igbo that were in attendance was.... just what, exactly?? shocked Why do you chaps like playing the victim card whenever the Oba of Lagos' lagoon speech comes up?? If the Oba's past actions were contributory, then what do we call Nnamdi Kanu's vile utterances and actions, against other ethnic groups? Participatory?? shocked
No, contributory as well. Even buhari's infamous "dogs and baboon speech" and "97% and 5%" speech, including all the hate me and you spew online.

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Belmot(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
No sir. But do you know the cost of being a pariah nation? Let there be peace.
Do you even understand the point I'm making before quoting me?

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Belmot(m): 9:12am On Aug 30, 2017
Nonaira1:

Oh so Ibrahim uwais is not your brethren? What about Imran Kabeer and Sani Jamiliu them no be your brethren? The poster girl and boy for Sub-Saharan Africans in Isis aka Khadijah Dare and her son them no be your brethren?

Considering a Niggerian was the poster girl and her child the pOster boy for Isis, there is no don't in my mind you lots make up the higher percentage of the sub-saharan African up there fighting for Allah tongue tongue tongue tongue terrorist ass motherfuckers
Hahahaha! Ibrahim Uwais ko Abraham Lawais ni, it seems you're dumber than I thought. Have fun with your fellow mumu jew. Aye awon omo olori pelebe ti baje mehn!

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Nonaira1: 9:16am On Aug 30, 2017
Belmot:
Hahahaha! Ibrahim Uwais ko Abraham Lawais ni, it seems you're dumber than I thought. Have fun with your fellow mumu jew. Aye awon omo olori pelebe ti baje mehn!

So this one also don't know how to use Google Chei.

Like I told your other skull mining brother.

Google and common sense go get it

http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/09/son-former-nigerian-chief-justice-uwais-who-joined-isis-killed-syrian-airstrike

Ediot

2 Likes

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by HoluwarTohbar(f): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2017
Belmot:
Do you even understand the point I'm making before quoting me?
Help me pls.

1 Like

Re: UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria by Belmot(m): 9:23am On Aug 30, 2017
Nonaira1:

So this one also don't know how to use Google Chei.

Like I told your other skull mining brother.

Google and common sense go get it

http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/09/son-former-nigerian-chief-justice-uwais-who-joined-isis-killed-syrian-airstrike

Ediot
I didn't no I was related to the uwais please tell me more dumbo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Declare Abba Yusuf The Winner Of Kano Governorship Election Now... - PDP / Deputy Governor Hamzat Apprehends Road Users Plying One Way In Lagos (Photos) / Reno Omokri Blasts Kenneth Okonkwo: "You Are A Liar & A Disgrace"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.