Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

"Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." (1333 Views)

Photo Showing Doctor's Advise On How Many Time You Shall Bleep Your Spouse / What Are Men Turning Into..hopelessly Randy Creatures? / 78 Pms From NAIRALAND Randy Boyz All In One Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 22, 2010
My uncle almost depressed me last night while we shared a drink. He said that I should eat, drink and be "randy" now that i'm young and alive, else i could regret it when i die (and here i was thinking death would never find me). According to him, having thought about it over and over, and seen so many things in his 60 years on earth, he had since come to one grim conclusion: Life is meaningless. Vanity. All the pursuits, hardwork, relationships, money, angst, acrimony, joy, beauty, ugliness etc. etc. amounts to nothing at the end of the day. They're all so ephemeral; fleeting; temporary! We'd all kick the bucket sooner or later, and we'd be forgotten. This meaningless, vicious cycle has been there before us and would remain after we're long gone.

Much as I wish to negate his somewhat amoral views (at least for the sake of my peace of mind), I concede that he might have a point, albeit grim. Therefore, my guys, should we all just become hedonists and savour the finer things of life (including sumptuous women) while we're still here? Should we just eat, drink and be 'randy' since we're sure to 'kpai' tomorrow?
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by madlady(f): 11:55am On Feb 22, 2010
^ You have some good points but, anything in excess is really not good for you. lipsrsealed
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by deluxecad(m): 12:06pm On Feb 22, 2010
Your uncle has a point, tho a very hard fact for one to embrace. It's meaningless afterall. Why did we come here? I keep asking. After all the noise, a cold inescapable quiet comes. That's why my dear, you have to stop whining about women and their antics. Lol! Vanity!
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by tpia5: 11:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
Sorry for you @ poster.

But true, the bible does say rejoice in your youth and be merry. But know for all these things God will bring you into judgement.
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:16am On Sep 15, 2012
Here's my take on life and living:
Planet earth and it's mid-sized star, the sun, have a lifespan of ~10 billion years. We get to live ~130 years tops. Astronomically speaking, life is
incredibly transient, infinitesimal almost.

When you live for yourself alone, life may appear meaningless. But when you incorporate other peoples needs - not just family - into your master plan, it buoys you up to be the best you can be, and life becomes a panorama. It also helps to know God loves you, and you'll be back with him someday. smiley

A good few dead men are remembered for the good or evil they did.

Why would anyone waste life on vanity? My mum always told me this, "son, do not give your strength to women, or your ways to that which destroys kings". I'm happy I listened - somewhat - to my mum. grin

Snap out of that thought already. Life is wonderful. smiley

1 Like

Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by Mynd44: 5:55am On Sep 15, 2012
That uncle of your must really not like you. I wonder if he will tell his daughter the same crap
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by claremont(m): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2012
pro01: Therefore, my guys, should we all just become hedonists and savour the finer things of life (including sumptuous women) while we're still here? Should we just eat, drink and be 'randy' since we're sure to 'kpai' tomorrow?
Your uncle is very right. I'm a life-long hedonist, I totally believe the pursuit of pleasure is the ultimate aim of all human beings. I work hard and I play hard, life is too short to be miserable.
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by Goldieluks: 8:46am On Sep 15, 2012
Everything in life is vanity, but one have to be cautious and careful. Your uncle's point does not help matters, because if he's saying that life is all about eating, drinking and living a randy life because every other thing is vanity,he's absolutely wrong..
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2012
Mynd_44: That uncle of your must really not like you. I wonder if he will tell his daughter the same crap
I wonder too.
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 15, 2012
^keep wondering, but it's true grin
There is not much we can do about the fact that life is meaningless. The best we can do is try make meaning out of it.
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by Mynd44: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2012
Yeah, I will keep wondering
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by freecocoa(f): 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2012
When i think about how at the end its all vanity, I'm tempted to go with the Jehovah's witness belief that we would still come back and inherit the earth forever. I simply don't get why we created only to die in the first place.sad
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by DExplorer1: 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2012
pro01: My uncle almost depressed me last night while we shared a drink. He said that I should eat, drink and be "randy" now that i'm young and alive, else i could regret it when i die (and here i was thinking death would never find me). According to him, having thought about it over and over, and seen so many things in his 60 years on earth, he had since come to one grim conclusion: Life is meaningless. Vanity. All the pursuits, hardwork, relationships, money, angst, acrimony, joy, beauty, ugliness etc. etc. amounts to nothing at the end of the day. They're all so ephemeral; fleeting; temporary! We'd all kick the bucket sooner or later, and we'd be forgotten. This meaningless, vicious cycle has been there before us and would remain after we're long gone.

Much as I wish to negate his somewhat amoral views (at least for the sake of my peace of mind), I concede that he might have a point, albeit grim. Therefore, my guys, should we all just become hedonists and savour the finer things of life (including sumptuous women) while we're still here? Should we just eat, drink and be 'randy' since we're sure to 'kpai' tomorrow?
@ bolded.. and when you contact HIV/AIDS, that same uncle will tell you..."this is the vanity i was talking about."
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2012
sauer: ^keep wondering, but it's true grin
There is not much we can do about the fact that life is meaningless. The best we can do is try make meaning out of it.
Sauer, life has never been meaningless to me. I know my mission objectives.
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2012
Wow op, now I understand why you often think like u do. See the type of influence you have.
Is your uncle married perchance?
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
Sauer, life has never been meaningless to me. I know my mission objectives.
Arquie, that life has never been meaningless to you says nothing about whether life is actually meaningless. The point remains that life is meaningless, and will remain ever so. A few will be remembered after their death; many will be forever forgotten. Whichever class you belong, history will do you no pity. Earth will never give you a moment. It will roll on into years and centuries, untroubled about whether you were a Fortune 500 CEO or a hobo with no possessions.
I repeat, life is meaningless. The best we can do is make meanings out of it!
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by Mynd44: 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2012
Now They are saying life is meaningless
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2012
sauer:
Arquie, that life has never been meaningless to you says nothing about whether life is actually meaningless. The point remains that life is meaningless, and will remain ever so. A few will be remembered after their death; many will be forever forgotten. Whichever class you belong, history will do you no pity. Earth will never give you a moment. It will roll on into years and centuries, untroubled about whether you were a Fortune 500 CEO or a hobo with no possessions.
I repeat, life is meaningless. The best we can do is make meanings out of it!

Lol. This old thread cropped up somehow; it's no less relevant now than it was then. Unfortunately, your post, my friend, captures my opinion about the whole thing. I couldn't have put it any better.
Re: "Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2012
claremont:
Your uncle is very right. I'm a life-long hedonist, I totally believe the pursuit of pleasure is the ultimate aim of all human beings. I work hard and I play hard, life is too short to be miserable.

Mehn, I'm also a shameless hedonist. . .almost to the point of debauchery (within limits of course, lol). The only thing that makes life tolerable and livable, in my view, is pleasure - and some charity of course. I have fun today if I can; tomorrow may never come.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, what says your time? / Can A Relashionship Really Suceed Without Lies / Is It True That Some Women Bring Wealth/glory After Marrige.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.