Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri (76716 Views)

Strange Disease Kills 3 Health Workers, Patient At Nigerian Army Hospital Kaduna / Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection / The Health Implications Of Fasting - What You Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Andy2274: 9:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ta! Comot here. Health implication of garri ke. Look for another research do because you have failed this one. I have been drinking, smoking and eating garri for over 35years now nothing do me.

1 Like

Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Burgerlomo: 9:07pm On Aug 30, 2017
HMZi:
GARRI YESTERDAY,GARRI TODAY,GARRI FOREVER....

Seconded, as the garri take popular D thing reach obodo oyinbo #teamgarriforever grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by YaTar(f): 9:14pm On Aug 30, 2017
Adieza:

www.agricinfo.com/2017/08/health-implications-of-drinking-too.html
I know hydrogen cyanide is poisonous But processing operations such as fermentation and heat (from frying) which are unit operations in garri production reduce cyanide concentrations to considerably safe levels.

calories in garri cannot be pegged to a particular figure as cassava species differ and how much of the moisture content is removed before frying also determines how much starch is left. calories in garri range from 160-360 per cup, lower than other cabohydrate sources.
if garri is combined with adequate proportions of other classes of food there won't be any nutritional concern.

1 Like

Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Burgerlomo: 9:15pm On Aug 30, 2017
agrovick:
#Teamgarri

This love is ebalasting grin

Lol, you cannot just do without that ebalasting with some souptosure plus orisirisi (different types) meat grin
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Burgerlomo: 9:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
Nma27:
Can't help it.

No mind them.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Gravas(m): 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2017
YaTar:

I know hydrogen cyanide is poisonous But processing operations such as fermentation and heat (from frying) which are unit operations in garri production reduce cyanide concentrations to considerably safe levels.

calories in garri cannot be pegged to a particular figure as cassava species differ and how much of the moisture content is removed before frying also determines how much starch is left. calories in garri range from 160-360 per cup, lower than other cabohydrate sources.
if garri is combined with adequate proportions of other classes of food there won't be any nutritional concern.

Good comment.

1 Like

Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Itzneowizy(m): 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2017
All these will only apply if u dinnorh use groundnut angry
Ah can somebody drink garri like dat...are you nor heartless undecided
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Gravas(m): 9:27pm On Aug 30, 2017
tosyne2much:
Have you ever wondered why the children of a poor man in the village who don't have access to medical facilities are usually more stronger and agile than the children of rich people in the city who go to hospitals for constant checkup?

Despite the above mentioned health implications of garri, some people drink it every now and then yet they are healthier and have a longer life span than those who drink cornflakes cheesy

Life is indeed a mystery

Its really amazing.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by SirLakes: 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2017
Don't do this, no do that ehn,
People who adhere strictly to those rules still die yung.

Tomorrow is not guaranteed.........enjoy enjoy n enjoy while you can

1 Like

Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2017
odiegwu.... i wont stop
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by bakila: 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2017
jtigwell0:
The writer of this post, the owner, the copier, the researcher, the blogger, the typists are all mad!
as precious as garri is, you are trying to tell me its negative side. onuofia!
even breathing alone is dangerous to your health... undecided
You harsh oh. I think the mistake he made is not pointing out the life-saving benefit of Mr G. I stop taking it long ago.......
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
I just had it with Fried meat tonight as my dinner.
Garri that has been saving lives since the beginning of time.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by sekem: 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2017
Oh garri

I remember the garri days of nairaland.

Seun really saw hell those days

He banned and banned and banned the garri boys.

But all to no avail

As they continued to invade nairaland with their garri speech

One nairalander even gave himself the monicker Seunlovesgarri

Could that guy have been me?

No

I don't like garri

I like akpu
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2017
No matter what they say, I still luv garri
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by joinnow: 9:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
Op you forgot the number 1 reason
Lassa fever. If you paraventure drank one that has been contaminated with RAT urine.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2017
Lol. Comments
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by unqombothi(f): 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2017
fuckerstard:

My father should have gone blind by now, Or let me say all Ijebu elders suppose don go blind.
Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Rukkydelta(f): 9:59pm On Aug 30, 2017
All lies
Garri is my favorite especially while in school
Garri rocks with smoke fish/fried fish
Garri rocks with moimoi
Garri rocks with beans
Garri rocks groundnut and so on
Garri with akara
Garri is bae
Garri is true love
Garri never disappoints
Garri won't break your heart
Garri for life
I found true love in garri

2 Likes

Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by samuelgodson(m): 10:04pm On Aug 30, 2017
Cold water............check Groundnut............check Garri.....................check Milk......................check akara....................??

Abeg wu get akara
Yes nd kulikuliy
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by AceDomino(m): 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
New discovery.
OP how far now?
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by micfoley: 10:52pm On Aug 30, 2017
OP, please where do people drink garri with raw fish?
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 30, 2017
Just had the Ijebu variant now with moi moi (with leaf pack). There is nothing comparable to the taste especially if you garnished the garri smoothie with Hollandia Evap.

I am thinking of promoting this sweetness and encouraging it to be added to menu list in Five Star hotels and you are here talking of blindess. Lolz grin
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Ashley86400: 11:02pm On Aug 30, 2017
Cyanide ke?
And I'm still alive.
But OP, garri is too expensive for all this one that you are saying. . .
Wetin man go con chop?
If they ban garri today. .half of the Nigerian population will die.
Quote me anywhere. . . grin
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Boooooooooni: 11:10pm On Aug 30, 2017
Mr Garri is a Nigerian
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by OsuGanja(m): 11:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
This one is mis guided
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by mrdipye(m): 11:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
jtigwell0:
The writer of this post, the owner, the copier, the researcher, the blogger, the typists are all mad!
as precious as garri is, you are trying to tell me its negative side. onuofia!
even breathing alone is dangerous to your health... undecided

I'm drinking it now gan

Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by stubbornRebel: 11:37pm On Aug 30, 2017
TINALETC3:
grin grin Op u jst made me feel like drinking one, like 3months now, I hvnt taken it grin, I prefer milo to milk in drinking it, tnx 4 reminding me grin
lol... Ode. No offence intended abeg., it's just the default insult that comes with a healthy laugh
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by belindar: 11:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
Stupid nonsense and rubbish post. Our forefathers have been drinking gaari b4 mungo park. I have been drinking gaari which I don't know how many years. No problem. You people will go on google and start posting rubbish here. Ok tell me what are we going to eat.
Do you know that the Chinese eat everything that has four legs except tables.
Don't come here and confuse us again. Leave us make we dey drink our garri and you can go and be drinking your tea and salad.

Drink gaari with smoked OKETE or. OYA ( RABBIT, BUSH MEAT) , Then u will know what I'm talking about.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by ndubueze92(m): 11:50pm On Aug 30, 2017
Don't come here to tell us your assumptions... Op yaf do assignment on garri using their school's rat infested lab. and is now seeing death in what has sustained him till now...
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by ChinagoChiBoy: 11:54pm On Aug 30, 2017
What is this one saying? eh.
POEM 4 GARRI!

Oh my dear garri,
the saving grace to nigerian student!,

I remeber mixing u with sugar inside my pocket wen i was not prudent!,

U gave me succour,so God forbid dat i will abadon u even wen i wud b affluent!.

Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by gudofuck231: 1:25am On Aug 31, 2017
Adieza:

You go see the implication when you reach 60 or 55

God punish you, poor man hope na garri, now u wan ruin am, go drink tuo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yes, It Is Not Impossible. 'AA' Can Marry 'AS' And Give Birth To 'SS' / Coronavirus: People Wear Condoms On Fingers In Singapore To Avoid Infections / Photo Of 20-Year-Old Zambian Female Student Who Committed Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.