Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri (76694 Views)

Strange Disease Kills 3 Health Workers, Patient At Nigerian Army Hospital Kaduna / Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection / The Health Implications Of Fasting - What You Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by BrightEye(m): 1:48am On Aug 31, 2017
See what garri has done to my life.... it helped me overcome drug dependence. I was addicted to opiate and garri cured it.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by bamasite(m): 2:15am On Aug 31, 2017
Nothing can separate me from the love of garri grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

SEE THE SECRET TO A SILKY SMOOTH FACE
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by davidmd: 2:46am On Aug 31, 2017
belindar:
Stupid nonsense and rubbish post. Our forefathers have been drinking gaari b4 mungo park. I have been drinking gaari which I don't know how many years. No problem. You people will go on google and start posting rubbish here. Ok tell me what are we going to eat.
Do you know that the Chinese eat everything that has four legs except tables.
Don't come here and confuse us again. Leave us make we dey drink our garri and you can go and be drinking your tea and salad.

Drink gaari with smoked OKETE or. OYA ( RABBIT, BUSH MEAT) , Then u will know what I'm talking about.

U better listen. Garri is actually implicated in visual pathology because of the cyanide content
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Zeusc(m): 4:56am On Aug 31, 2017
Thanks for the advice
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Nobody: 5:17am On Aug 31, 2017
Adieza:

www.agricinfo.com/2017/08/health-implications-of-drinking-too.html

Any medical journal or article to back up ur claim
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:59am On Aug 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
Have you ever wondered why the children of a poor man in the village who don't have access to medical facilities are usually more stronger and agile than the children of rich people in the city who go to hospitals for constant checkup?

Despite the above mentioned health implications of garri, some people drink it every now and then yet they are healthier and have longer life span than those who drink cornflakes cheesy

Life is indeed a mystery

There is no mystery there. Demography explains this well.

Village children exhibit natural select and your assertion shows 'survivorship /selection bias' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias. Many village children die before their 5th birthday, they are killed by diarrhea, malaria, measles, pneumonia and other diseases and weeded from the population pool.

It is common in some parts of rural Africa to see families that have buried 5 or more children who died from infectious and/or communicable diseases not genetic disorders (I have seen a woman who buried 8 ).
Living in the city increases a child's access to modern health care so children who would most likely have died, have a shot at survival.
What you then see among 'village children' are those children who survived childhood illness for one reason or the other.
You don't get to see the millions that died from diseases that are relatively easy to cure.

This phenomenon is analogous to someone taking a results of an entire class that sat for an exam and deleting all those who failed any subjects before presenting you with the result - without proper insight you would think the class consisted of geniuses

The under 5 morbidity and mortality (sickness and death), is greater for rural children than city dwellers. You are better off being born in a city

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by prince13: 6:50am On Aug 31, 2017
Including Olushegun Obasanjo,Obasanjo used to specially request for and drink Ijebu garri even while he was in Aso rock
fuckerstard:

My father should have gone blind by now, Or let me say all Ijebu elders suppose don go blind.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by belindar: 7:17am On Aug 31, 2017
davidmd:

U better listen. Garri is actually implicated in visual pathology because of the cyanide content

My grandfather eyes is sharper than yours and he's been drinking gaari for ages. If your claim is right half of Nigerians should be blind by now if not everyone. carry your advise commot for here.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Sexy400(m): 7:38am On Aug 31, 2017
Davido take note
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by omoiyalayi(m): 7:41am On Aug 31, 2017
Garri wey be say na hin my mama take train us

Those days when you come back from school you don't anybody to tell you your lunch is garri since you know where it is you just go fetch it straight

Sometimes when i ask my mom what will I used to drink it she will say "your mouth" you know you are drinking it like that that day

Am so addicted to garri till today

One thing you must always find in my house is garri come rain or shine

Ijebu Garri rocks
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by TourismMan(m): 8:01am On Aug 31, 2017
If I hear! Abegi, na Garri sure pass abeg.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by kenenzo: 8:01am On Aug 31, 2017
Tell that to the selfish bigots who has impoverished the masses!!
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by omojeesu(m): 8:11am On Aug 31, 2017
Rorachy:
I swear, garri get levels, the one with Milo, milk, groundnut and sugar is not in the same level with the one with only salt or sugar.

But sha I can't drink it without milk, I dey protect my eyes.

Actually the Milo, milk and sugar are not healthy.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by hotwax: 8:35am On Aug 31, 2017
So we should be eating pizza which is even more toxic than garri
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by richG: 8:51am On Aug 31, 2017
dangotesmummy:
undecided

This thread now made me feel like drinking garri
And luckily there is milk and milo in the house. I just need groundnuts to sum it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Babatundecash(m): 9:15am On Aug 31, 2017
fuckerstard:

My father should have gof

ne blind by now, Or let me say all Ijebu elders suppose don go blind.
Don't mind Him Bro.....my grandfather is 96years Old and still yet,He does not use glasses..... I hope it is the same garri that is making Aisha and okonjo Iweala to use glasses.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Rockyrascal(m): 9:58am On Aug 31, 2017
I rather go blind than quit soaking garri.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Gbelexy(m): 10:01am On Aug 31, 2017
Drink semo
Lol!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Gbelexy(m): 10:03am On Aug 31, 2017
Kamelot77:
so WAt shd will be drinking?
Semo!!!!
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by RillJ(m): 10:48am On Aug 31, 2017
Anyone here ever had Garri with 'Boga' Fish? Phew!

Thanks Op, am sure having my G4/Boga Fish combo this weekend. I know you may not understand.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by FIDELITY24(m): 11:40am On Aug 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
Have you ever wondered why the children of a poor man in the village who don't have access to medical facilities are usually more stronger and agile than the children of rich people in the city who go to hospitals for constant checkup?

Despite the above mentioned health implications of garri, some people drink it every now and then yet they are healthier and have longer life span than those who drink cornflakes cheesy

Life is indeed a mystery
true talk, there's no need worrying over things, na God dey save person for dis life. OP if you know as boiz wey d live for hostel take d drink garri eh, fear go catch you!
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by tosyne2much(m): 11:51am On Aug 31, 2017
FIDELITY24:
true talk, there's no need worrying over things, na God dey save person for dis life. OP if you know as boiz wey d live for hostel take d drink garri eh, fear go catch you!
When me sef been dey school, omo na everyday I dey wack garri oooo especially after lectures cheesy

Na to find cold water come use kulikuli take balance the equation cheesy
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by FIDELITY24(m): 12:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
tosyne2much:
When me sef been dey school, omo na everyday I dey wack garri oooo especially after lectures cheesy

Na to find cold water come use kulikuli take balance the equation cheesy
lol, i dey tells u
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by psalmsmiles(m): 3:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
garri na my fav. food and my eyes come still sharp pass new knife..........smh[color=#990000][/color] undecided

2 Likes

Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Adieza(m): 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2017
gudofuck231:

God punish you, poor man hope na garri, now u wan ruin am, go drink tuo
You dont deserve nairaland.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 01, 2017
Adieza:

www.agricinfo.com/2017/08/health-implications-of-drinking-too.html

You forgot that it's a good source of fibre which aids digestion.
It's a good source of calories for both the rich and downtrodden alike.
It's not all negative.
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by gudofuck231: 9:42pm On Oct 15, 2018
Adieza:
You dont deserve nairaland.

OK take tweeter I dash you
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Lydia24: 10:53pm On Jan 10, 2019
grin grin nawa ohhhh... The writer never said garri was bad but that we should take it in moderation nowww. Me self I dey drink garri.. It's advisable you take it in moderation. Abi na everyday every day una dey soak garri no food?!?
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by mercyson(m): 10:15pm On May 07, 2019
OK. I have read but what are your recommendations?
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by jbblues24(m): 5:49am On May 31, 2019
Suicide would be my way of telling God that I quit. cry
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by ayanbaba2(m): 12:07pm On Apr 17, 2020
Re: 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri by Godfullsam(m): 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
That is davido drinking garri.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Lady After A Failed Body Enlargement (Graphic Pics) / Coronavirus: People Wear Condoms On Fingers In Singapore To Avoid Infections / Photo Of 20-Year-Old Zambian Female Student Who Committed Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.