Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

5 Reasons Why Most People Don't Want To Get Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons Why Most People Don't Want To Get Married (385 Views)

Introverts: Why Most People Don't Understand Them. / Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? / Ebi Wali: 'I May Never Get Married', Nigerians Blast Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Most People Don't Want To Get Married by Thepasserby(m): 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2017
When I was a bit younger, I have always dreamt of a day I will have my own family and enjoy the benefits attached to becoming a husband. I have watched with keen interest how mum and dad always related and this has triggered a hunger to grow up and get married so I can also enjoy such bliss.

Because of this very longing for a family, we engaged in the “daddy and mummy play” with our peers (let me just hold it right here, that play was hmm).

Then we grew up and reality dawned on us. We now know better and have found several reasons why getting married is a very bad idea. Today, a good number of our youngsters are afraid of getting married.

They run away from it like a plague and will do all it takes to avoid it.

Of all the several reasons or excuses they give, here are what I regard as the most important five reasons why most singles hate the idea of getting married.

1. Sacrifice:

Getting married is all about responsibility and making sacrifices. This includes making both emotional and financial sacrifices for the good of your partner. In some cases, this may include sacrificing our dreams and aspirations.

A good number of youths cherish their dreams and aspirations more than the ideas of getting married. They believe, getting married will place their dreams on hold or a total termination.

2. Freedom:

Someone once said and I quote, “the wedding ring is the smallest and most effective handcuffs known to man.” To some people, this statement is very true. Marriage is a form of slavery which will not allow them to keep enjoying the freedom attached to being single. While some people use this as an excuse to continue in their wrong doings, others use this to focus on their career and future. Some of the ladies are not ready to be committed to the duties of being a wife and subject to their husbands.

Read full article Here
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most People Don't Want To Get Married by DarkMagic(m): 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2017
Exactly... cheesy
Especially the freedom
Not to b bound by the tin called marriage embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Feeling Nervous To Tell Her How I Feel About Her. / Need Help With Gift / Let Make The Xmas And The New Year Funky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.