Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,026 members, 7,835,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? (4068 Views)

As An Atheist, Would You Accept Christ Because Of The Fear Of Death? / The Sacrifice & Why We Must Circumcise Our Hearts In The Church. (exodus 12:1) / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 11:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
Deicide:

Yes because you mostly have unprotected sex so you think everyone is like you the reason am engaging you is simple because we are still on the topic and pls i would not tolerate any insult not being able to have a civil conversation is not my fault...

I wouldn't have opened this thread if I hadn't done some personal research.....personal hygiene is not that necessary for females but it helps

@reded it does but just few that it can be ignored just like in males

Oga go and get yourself circumcised and stop your ignorant talk.

When you get married, go ahead and sleep with your wife with a condom throughout your marriage because you feel HIV is only sexually transmitted ba? grin cheesy

If you like vex because I say you dey ignorant. All your comments show say your mumu level dey very high!

Female circumcision has no benefits PERIOD!

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 11:29pm On Aug 31, 2017
LightandDarkness:

You would do better to communicate your points without insults.

Anyway on this one the facts support you.

Good a "logical" atheist has learnt from an "illogical" theist today cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2017
obinna58:
What the fvck is wrong with your brain

NOT EVEN A GREAT MAGICIAN CAN FIGURE THIS OUT.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 31, 2017
butterflylion:

Good a "logical" atheist has learnt from an "illogical" theist today cheesy grin

Now it's a good thing I have never stated that all theists ate illogical. I made a statement, you made yours, the facts didn't support me so i was wrong. End, that's how I do my things.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 11:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Now it's a good thing I have never stated that all theists ate illogical. I made a statement, you made yours, the facts didn't support me so i was wrong. End, that's how I do my things.

I didn't specifically direct my comment at you. I made a sweeping comment. Theists have been called "illogical" by atheists and more so, here on Nairaland.

If you have never said so then disregard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by felixomor: 2:14am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

So an Old Testament recommendation of about 3500 BC suddenly is now taken seriously due to its proven health benefits or reasons. cheesy

Well perhaps those "goat herders" who atheists claim wrote the scriptures who were not biologists or professors who never went to Harvard, Yale and the likes of them knew something Afterall grin cheesy

Lmao. grin
You don see their hypocrisy ba.?

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by CoolUsername: 2:49am On Sep 01, 2017
I'm completely against the cutting off part of a person without due consent. Furthermore, modern scientific sources show us that the foreskin is actually a very useful part of a functional pen!s, full of nerve-endings, and allows easier penetration during sexual intercourse. The purported health benefits are not worth the risk and pain involved in the operation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/denmarks-29000-doctors-declare-circumcision-of-healthy_us_58753ec1e4b08052400ee6b3?timestamp=1484242698606

We've banned Female Genital Mutilation in all forms including the clitoral prick, owing to the rights to body autonomy. Why then shouldn't we do the same for Male Genital Mutilation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by JackBizzle: 5:04am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

I have never seen where Christians would say their threads are meant strictly for Christians and that stopped the atheists from entering it and making their usual lousy comments. cheesy

Per your comment about Egyptians and circumcision it still doesn't change the fact that alleged "goat herders" also declared it. grin

Maybe they owned world class medical research centres and sensitive equipment that could run tests and diagnose all by itself. cheesy

Your talk is unnecessary. This has little to do with religion.

Swerve
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 01, 2017
@ butterflylion read this article and tell me what you think.

http://www.intactamerica.org/learnmore

I once watched a certain video on YouTube where Ayaan hirsi Ali was speaking about her foundation and her fight against female genital mutilation.

when I read the comments I wasn't surprised to see some men making it about themselves because they will see their issues and keep quiet but come to where feminists are speaking and derail the conversation by screaming "what about the boys" lol

what surprised me actually was that many people in the comments were really against circumcision for boys.

They claimed scientists are playing down the disadvantages of infant circumcision because it is mostly done by the jews and they are placed on pedestal unlike the Muslims everybody critize.

I read the link to articles posted in the comments, I must say they really have a strong case.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 7:48am On Sep 01, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:
@ butterflylion read this article and tell me what you think.

http://www.intactamerica.org/learnmore

I once watched a certain video on YouTube where Ayaan hirsi Ali was speaking about her foundation and her fight against female genital mutilation.

when I read the comments I wasn't surprised to see some men making it about themselves because they will see their issues and keep quiet but come to where feminists are speaking and derail the conversation by screaming "what about the boys" lol

what surprised me actually was that many people in the comments were really against circumstition for boys.

They claimed scientists are playing down the disadvantages of infant circumstition because it is mostly done by the jews and they are placed on pedestal unlike the Muslims everybody critize.

I read the link to articles posted in the comments, I must say they really have a strong case.

I have already touched on much of what is contained in that article .

Circumcision holds immense benefit for men but none for the female. Perhaps you need to read about it from male adults who got circumcised and see their before and after testimonies. Read the link below

http://www.circinfo.net/men_circumcised_as_adults_tell_it_as_it_is.html

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 7:49am On Sep 01, 2017
CoolUsername:
I'm completely against the cutting off part of a person without due consent. Furthermore, modern scientific sources show us that the foreskin is actually a very useful part of a functional pen!s, full of nerve-endings, and allows easier penetration during sexual intercourse. The purported health benefits are not worth the risk and pain involved in the operation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/denmarks-29000-doctors-declare-circumcision-of-healthy_us_58753ec1e4b08052400ee6b3?timestamp=1484242698606

We've banned Female Genital Mutilation in all forms including the clitoral prick, owing to the rights to body autonomy. Why then shouldn't we do the same for Male Genital Mutilation?

Not worth the pain right? Tell that to these men

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

I have already touched on much of what is contained in that article .

Circumcision holds immense benefit for men but none for the female. Perhaps you need to read about it from male adults who got circumcised and see their before and after testimonies. Read the link below

Yeah I agree, but the nay sayers say the benefits aren't enough to make circumcision for boys universal or mandatory.

In general I think the benefits of circumcision outweigh the risks anyway.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by realmindz: 8:12am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

So an Old Testament recommendation of about 3500 BC suddenly is now taken seriously due to its proven health benefits or reasons. cheesy

Well perhaps those "goat herders" who atheists claim wrote the scriptures who were not biologists or professors who never went to Harvard, Yale and the likes of them knew something Afterall grin cheesy
Circumcision in Africa has been an ancient practice and tradition long before they knew the foreign religion...

The world is far bigger than your bible, ignorance is what you get when you think the world revolves around your religion

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 8:13am On Sep 01, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

Yeah I agree, but the nay sayers say the benefits aren't enough to make circumstition for boys universal or mandatory.

In general I think the benefits of circumstion outweigh the risks anyway

The naysayers are simply being emotional about it. A moment of pain is better than a death sentence.

The benefits are life preserving and dignifying. They just want to complain. While they are doing so, more people are talking about the personal benefits they got from it just like in the link I provided.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 8:14am On Sep 01, 2017
realmindz:

Circumcision in Africa has been an ancient practice and tradition long before they knew the foreign religion...

The world is far bigger than your bible, ignorance is what you get when you think the world revolves around your religion

We don leave this location Tay Tay so make adjustments and get to where we are. Our forefathers must have had well equipped medical places and world class research centres to have known about the benefits even before science confirmed it ba? cheesy

You do not even see how silly your comment is.

Have you been circumcised? cheesy
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by realmindz: 8:19am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

We don leave this location Tay Tay so make adjustments and get to where we are. Our forefathers must have had well equipped medical places and world class research centres to have known about the benefits even before science confirmed it ba? cheesy

You do not even see how silly your comment is.

Have you been circumcised? cheesy

what point are you trying to drive at...

You actually sound funny in your attempt to sound smart and logical

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 8:21am On Sep 01, 2017
realmindz:

what point are you trying to drive at...

You actually sound funny in your attempt to sound smart and logical

Ogbeni have you been circumcised? Leave all this your dumb talk and desire to start a nonsensical argument when we have cemented the place you want to dig up.

If you have not and are still carrying around a dirty, stinking, extra skin, go and do so. cheesy

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by realmindz: 8:25am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

Ogbeni have you been circumcised? Leave all this your dumb talk and desire to start a nonsensical argument when we have cemented the place you want to dig up.

If you have not and are still carrying around a dirty, stinking, extra skin, go and do so.
cheesy

Yahweh the perfect one created that extra skin.

Are you saying Yahweh is confused? That's blasphemy.
are you saying Yahweh made a mistake creating something dirty and stinking?
Pls be guided and don't insult the holy one sitting in the sky

2 Likes

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 8:29am On Sep 01, 2017
realmindz:

You don finish? cheesy

Now go and get circumcised and free yourself of the stench and Micheline tire syndrome and live longer grin

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by JackBizzle: 8:35am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

You don finish? cheesy

Now go and get circumcised and free yourself of the stench and Micheline tire syndrome and live longer grin

This guy is just here to troll.

Here are the facts.

1. Circumcision is older than the bible.

2. Male circumcision has more benefits than disadvantages. That extra skin carries extra health problems.

3. However, there is a human rights debate-- shouldnt the child have rights over his body?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by realmindz: 8:37am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

You don finish? cheesy

But it was created by Yahweh..

seun pls ban this guy for insulting my great Yahweh as being imperfect for creating stinking things

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 01, 2017
realmindz:

My brother, I laugh so hard when I argue with this people because I understand their problem.

Do you know what a program does to a computer? That's what religion does to people. I use to react that way and now I know where the problem lies - The Brain (CPU)

My debugging started when I read Hardmirror's account here. It made me to pick a couple of books the first being "The Age of Reason". That book debug a whole lot of nonsense.

So when you hit religious people with common sense, the particular program (religion) installed in their brain from childhood starts reacting.

2 Likes

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 8:45am On Sep 01, 2017
realmindz:

But it was created by Yahweh..

seun pls ban this guy for insulting my great Yahweh as being imperfect for creating stinking things

#your mumu no be here.

I can see you wish to argue nonsensically this morning but no worry I dey fast today. I dey prepare my belle for the ram meat coming my way today in overload do make I save my energy for the battle of the meats.

You have a pass for today.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Mujtahida: 8:48am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

So asking that you read for the sake of your son is an insult? Lmao

Do you see why many people say atheists are thick between the ears?

Despite knowing the health risks and health benefits of circumcision you would rather have your son decide when he is already an adult? Perhaps by then he would have gotten a terminal health condition due to your ignorance and "wicked" thought of allowing him to decide by himself. Smh

This is why circumcision is recommended

1. Easier hygiene.

2. Decreased risk of urinary tract infections.

3. Decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections.

4. Decreased risk of penile cancer.

Now that you know, you can "wickedly" keep saying you would wait till he is an adult so he can decide for himself.
And show me one, just one single verse in the Bible where the above stated reasons for circumcision is cited. Isn't this why that ladygodiva said people today circumcise for purely health reasons as opposed to the religious obligations of the old testament?

So much of the health benefits was dictated in the old testament to the extent that Paul could say neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts...

Abegi

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

#your mumu no be here.

I can see you wish to argue nonsensically this morning but no worry I dey fast today. I dey prepare my belle for the ram meat coming my way today in overload do make I save my energy for the battle of the meats.

You have a pass for today.

you sef, you like to insult.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 8:54am On Sep 01, 2017
JackBizzle:

This guy is just here to troll.

Here are the facts.

1. Circumcision is older than the bible.

2. Male circumcision has more benefits than disadvantages. That extra skin carries extra health problems.

3. However, there is a human rights debate-- shouldnt the child have rights over his body?

Jumbo dumbo go and fix your road rash and get circumcised. cheesy

I do not think you have children. If you do then I do not think you love them.

If as an adult you know without a doubt what would keep your children alive and make them more comfortable and dignified would you deny them that simply because you want them to decide by themselves much later in life when perhaps by then the damage would have been done?

Read this testimonies from those who have actually taken the cut.

Regarding circumcision and the Bible, scroll up and read my comments about that.

Did you build a world class medical research centre for the ancients? Yet they knew what science just discovered. cheesy

If you are yet to get the snip go and do so and dignify yourself for your future wife.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 8:57am On Sep 01, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

you sef, you like to insult.

He is a mumu. I did not insult him. Only a mumu would want to force an argument from one who isn't in that mood obviously. Such an interesting thread and he could not make any positive contribution except the God angle which we already cemented.

The guy mumu don do joor cheesy

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by 701ecilana: 9:35am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

Jumbo dumbo go and fix your road rash and get circumcised. cheesy

I do not think you have children. If you do then I do not think you love them.

If as an adult you know without a doubt what would keep your children alive and make them more comfortable and dignified would you deny them that simply because you want them to decide by themselves much later in life when perhaps by then the damage would have been done?

Read this testimonies from those who have actually taken the cut.

Regarding circumcision and the Bible, scroll up and read my comments about that.

Did you build a world class medical research centre for the ancients? Yet they knew what science just discovered. cheesy

If you are yet to get the snip go and do so and dignify yourself for your future wife.
Wow, thanks for this article. A lot to learn.

I think the people fighting against circumcision are doing so not becos of health reasons but because it's God's ordained command. For crying out loud, why won't a boy be circumcised?

I don't know how an adult peni.s look like with the foreskin. Am sure it's urgly.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by hopefulLandlord: 9:53am On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

I think the people fighting against circumcision are doing so not becos of health reasons but because it's God's ordained command. For crying out loud, why won't a boy be circumcised?

I don't know how an adult peni.s look like with the foreskin. Am sure it's urgly.

Wow, thanks for this post.

I think the people fighting against slavery are doing so not becos of sensible reasons but because it's Yahweh's ordained.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 10:03am On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

Thank you jare sissy to gbaski! Don't mind that one who does not know the difference between slavery and wilful submission. Even in todays world we are all slaves to something.

The bible says to what you submit to you become a slave to that thing.

People are slaves to businesses, jobs, employers, ideas, slaves to their children, children to their parents, children to their education, etc

And he thinks slavery has not always been a part of us.

grin cheesy

When person begin dey laugh when his boss insult am just because he knows he would get paid something at the end of the month is that not slavery re-branded as a job?

When person dey willingly clean shiiiit from gutter just to be paid peanuts by an uncaring employer is that not slavery re-branded as a job?

The list is endless. Ignore that one joor. Na God be their headache and na the same God dem no fit leave even with all the headache. cheesy
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by 701ecilana: 10:57am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

Thank you jare sissy to gbaski! Don't mind that one who does not know the difference between slavery and wilful submission. Even in todays world we are all slaves to something.

The bible says to what you submit to you become a slave to that thing.

People are slaves to businesses, jobs, employers, ideas, slaves to their children, children to their parents, children to their education, etc

And he thinks slavery has not always been a part of us.

grin cheesy

When person begin dey laugh when his boss insult am just because he knows he would get paid something at the end of the month is that not slavery re-branded as a job?

When person dey willingly clean shiiiit from gutter just to be paid peanuts by an uncaring employer is that not slavery re-branded as a job?

The list is endless. Ignore that one joor. Na God be their headache and na the same God dem no fit leave even with all the headache. cheesy
There's nothing godly satan won't fight against, even when it's beneficial to man,
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by hopefulLandlord: 10:58am On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

There's nothing godly satan won't fight against, even when it's beneficial to man,

why then are you fighting against slavery? or do you endorse it like your god did?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cele Leadership Tussle Worsens As Police Invite Factional Leaders / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Begins Multi-billion Naira Church Project / Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.