Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? (4075 Views)

As An Atheist, Would You Accept Christ Because Of The Fear Of Death? / The Sacrifice & Why We Must Circumcise Our Hearts In The Church. (exodus 12:1) / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 4:16pm On Sep 01, 2017
Daviddson:
Bros, you cannot win a soul using this approach, unless just want to display your intellectual capacity to argue and throw insults and tirades. What do you think?

Win which soul? The ones who have decided that God does not exist? Who then would I win them to? A non existent God? cheesy

Only them can change themselves. I have no power to do that. My own is to puncture holes in their atheistic ways.

Without their much talked about logic they have nothing else. They call me illogical and I agree so let them show me how their logic makes them better people than I am besides scepticism and hate attacks.

I am a butterfly to those who deserve it and a lion to those who deliberately wish to mess around.

Na the work we dey do! grin
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 4:21pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hopefullandlord I see you dey read. And I know you also read my comments.

Stop dodging and debate. Hiding like a sissy behind every atheist no go help you.

Open the thread, pick the topic, set the terms and let me know.

You have the advantage. cheesy grin

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by JackBizzle: 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:
Hopefullandlord I see you dey read. And I know you also read my comments.

Stop dodging and debate. Hiding like a sissy behind every atheist no go help you.

Open the thread, pick the topic, set the terms and let me know.

You have the advantage. cheesy grin

I know that you are either reyginus, francistony or some christian oldie.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by CoolUsername: 4:35pm On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

Not worth the pain right? Tell that to these men

http://www.circinfo.net/men_circumcised_as_adults_tell_it_as_it_is.html

It's ok if its your decision as an adult. I'm not against the procedure itself, I'm against doing it on children when it isn't required. How hard is that to comprehend?
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2017
CoolUsername:

It's ok if its your decision as an adult. I'm not against the procedure itself, I'm against doing it on children when it isn't required. How hard is that to comprehend?

So when is it required?

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by CoolUsername: 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

So when is it required?

0.5% of uncircumcised males experience excessive constriction by the foreskin on the glans. This makes it difficult to properly wash the area under the foreskin since it cannot be pulled back. In this case, circumcision is necessary.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2017
CoolUsername:

0.5% of uncircumcised males experience excessive constriction by the foreskin on the glans. This makes it difficult to properly wash the area under the foreskin since it cannot be pulled back. In this case, circumcision is necessary.

Well generally it is necessary and that "generally" includes the 0.5% because in the benefits listed the hygiene aspect was already highlighted.

Take a look at the list of benefits I provided again and also read the site I gave about personal testimonies from those who have been circumcised.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by CoolUsername: 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

Well generally it is necessary and that "generally" includes the 0.5% because in the benefits listed the hygiene aspect was already highlighted.

Take a look at the list of benefits I provided again and also read the site I gave about personal testimonies from those who have been circumcised.

The benefits are overblown and do not justify the procedure. Hygiene is the job of the parents and they shouldn't be allowed to chop off a part of their son for easy maintenance.

Would you remove your child's appendix to prevent appendicitis in the future? If not, then the marginal effect circumcision has on preventing STIs in the contentious studies that prove it shouldn't be enough for you to permanently remove a part of a child, especially when we have condoms.

You also neglected to consider to functions of the foreskin, which include:
Protection of the glans from abrasions which reduce sensitivity and ultimately mild erectile dysfunction, provision of extra skin to allow the penis to naturally grow to its full size (the scarring caused by circumcision can impede growth), increased sensitivity (the foreskin has a ring of specialized nerve-endings), etc.

So why cut off a fully-functional part of the body because it takes slightly extra effort to rinse?

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2017
JackBizzle:

I know that you are either reyginus, francistony or some christian oldie.
undecided
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by JackBizzle: 6:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
FrancisTony:
undecided

Swerve. Failed christian
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 7:04pm On Sep 01, 2017
JackBizzle:

Swerve. Failed christian

Hahahahahahahaha your mumu on display in living colour. Jumbo Dumbo

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by JackBizzle: 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2017
butterflylion:

Hahahahahahahaha your mumu on display in living colour. Jumbo Dumbo

Jack Dumbo actually

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? / Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi / Love Thy “gay” Neighbor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.