Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? (4087 Views)

As An Atheist, Would You Accept Christ Because Of The Fear Of Death? / The Sacrifice & Why We Must Circumcise Our Hearts In The Church. (exodus 12:1) / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 11:02am On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana the guy no even understand Wetin he dey talk again grin

If only sense would fall on him, he would know that my comment above has bailed any other angle he may come with. cheesy

But na lie! Even a dying dog has to seek anything to bite. grin

He does not know that slavery can never be abolished in a billion quadrillion years but the inhuman treatment attached to it can be abolished.

Na God wey no dey exist only he dey see so the non existing one is blinding his eyes from reasoning.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by 701ecilana: 11:07am On Sep 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Wow, thanks for this post.

I think the people fighting against slavery are doing so not becos of sensible reasons but because it's Yahweh's ordained.
When I was a Child, anytime i misbehaved there's an expression my Dad always used to chide me, he'd say 'BE SILLY BUT NOT ALWAYS'. Let me use it on you now, Hopefullandlord, be silly but not always. But if you want to keep being always silly, good riddance.
God did not ordain slavery. Infact, God never created man to rule over another man. Even Eve was never meant to be under her husband, the Fall put her there as a consequence for her action.

Let us create man in our image and let THEM HAVE DOMINION. Not let him have dominion.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis:1:27

And God blessed them, and God said unto them Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Genesis:1:28

If you have a passage of the Bible where Yahweh commanded his people to take slaves, pls present them here.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by dalaman: 11:14am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

Oga go and get yourself circumcised and stop your ignorant talk.

When you get married, go ahead and sleep with your wife with a condom throughout your marriage because you feel HIV is only sexually transmitted ba? grin cheesy

If you like vex because I say you dey ignorant. All your comments show say your mumu level dey very high!

Female circumcision has no benefits PERIOD!

Seriously did you reason this pile of hot thrash out or were you so much in a hurry to sound stupid and display you mumu credentials for all to see?

What are you even suggesting here? That circumcision protects people from HIV and AIDS better than condom or what? Do circumcised people not get infected with HIV if they engage in unprotected sex? What are you even saying? I tire for your mumurity ooo.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 11:18am On Sep 01, 2017
dalaman:

Seriously did you reason this pile of hot thrash out or were you so much in a hurry to sound stupid and display you mumu credentials for all to see?

What are you even suggesting here? That circumcision protects people from HIV and AIDS better than condom or what? Do circumcised people not get infected with HIV if they engage in unprotected sex? What are you even saying? I tire for your mumurity ooo.

When a man is openly displaying his stupidity on a public forum without applying brake. That one na confirmed arindin. cheesy

Do you know what the foreskin is and how it acts against the penis? Do you know that it is easier to rip than the actual muscle which a penis is made from under the foreskin?

Do you realise that it is difficult for a condom to stay on an uncircumcised penis because of the gap that already exists between the foreskin and the actual penis under it?

Dalaman #your mumu don do. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by hopefulLandlord: 11:19am On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

When I was a Child, anytime i misbehaved there's an expression my Dad always used to chide me, he'd say 'BE SILLY BUT NOT ALWAYS'. Let me use it on you now, Hopefullandlord, be silly but not always. But if you want to keep being always silly, good riddance.
God did not ordain slavery. Infact, God never created man to rule over another man. Even Eve was never meant to be under her husband, the Fall put her there as a consequence for her action.

Let us create man in our image and let THEM HAVE DOMINION. Not let him have dominion.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis:1:27

And God blessed them, and God said unto them Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Genesis:1:28

If you have a passage of the Bible where Yahweh commanded his people to take slaves, pls present them here.

now I'm being silly? really?

you just pulled a strawman by asking for where Yahweh commanded people to take slaves whereas what I said was that your Yahweh endorsed slavery

you didn't read where your Bible endorsed slavery? and now what me to start presenting them to you?

this is funny grin

yahweh condoned selling oneself and selling one’s daughter into slavery. It also condoned slavery as a punishment for not being able to pay a debt.

Prisoners of war were also subjected to slavery if they were not killed outright. Non-Jews and possibly Jewish women were slaves for life, and while parts of the bible said that Jewish males were to be set free every seven years with compensation for their labor, the later prophets made it clear that the people ignored this, and the bible also provided a way for a slave owner to make a freed slave his slave for life by providing a wife and family for him and making him choose between his personal freedom and his wife and children.

The children of foreign slaves were born into slavery and were slaves for life.

Slaves could be beaten to death, provided they lingered a couple of days before dying and the owner would escape punishment.

meanwhile he never condemned it anywhere in the Bible not even when he came as himself in Jesus but could oy tell them to keep obeying their masters in fear and trembling

Exodus 21:7-11

Exodus 21:2-6

Leviticus 25:44-46

Exodus 21:20-21

Ephesians 6:5

1 Timothy 6:1-2

Luke 12:47-48

I'll give you a friendly advice by telling you to simply back out now cuz I'm almost 100% sure you're out of your depth at this and you'll only wish you hadn't started as the discussion progresses grin but it would be unlike you to back out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by dalaman: 11:23am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

Did you build a world class medical research centre for the ancients? Yet they knew what science just discovered. cheesy

Where in the bible does it say that the ancients knew all the scientific benefits of circumcision? What were the health benefits of circumcision as stated by the bible? What was the reason for circumcision as stated by the bible? Was any health benefit stated as the reason according to the bible?
Why were people circumcised according to the bible? Was it for the health benefits or because to differentiate them from others and seal some elusive covenant with Yahweh?
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 11:33am On Sep 01, 2017
Since they wish to derail a thread opened for them make I help them do am to the fullest grin

Hebrews 10:1

The old system under the law (old testament) was only a shadow, a dim preview of the good things to come, not the good things themselves.

What are the good things now according to Jesus

Mathew 10: 28 to 31

28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[c] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[d] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[e] There is no commandment greater than these.

And let me add at the bottom here. There is no commandment greater than these including your thoughts about slavery.

cheesy

701ecilana ignore that one. Ignorance kills faster than a bullet and it is killing them daily which is why they seek life in the same God who does not exist. grin
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by dalaman: 11:37am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

When a man is openly displaying his stupidity on a public forum without applying brake. That one na confirmed arindin. cheesy

Do you know what the foreskin is and how it acts against the penis? Do you know that it is easier to rip than the actual muscle which a penis is made from under the foreskin?

Do you realise that it is difficult for a condom to stay on an uncircumcised penis because of the gap that already exists between the foreskin and the actual penis under it?

Dalaman #your mumu don do. grin cheesy

Uncircumcised men can use condoms effectively once they are taught how to use it properly by including few extra steps in the process of putting on a condom. once they learn this getting it on will be easy and carefree. So what exactly are you talking about again?
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by 701ecilana: 11:39am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:
Since they wish to derail a thread opened for them make I help them do am to the fullest grin

Hebrews 10:1

The old system under the law (old testament) was only a shadow, a dim preview of the good things to come, not the good things themselves.

What are the good things now according to Jesus

Mathew 10: 28 to 31

28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[c] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[d] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[e] There is no commandment greater than these.

And let me add at the bottom here. There is no commandment greater than these including your thoughts about slavery.

cheesy

701ecilana ignore that one. Ignorance kills faster than a bullet and it is killing them daily which is why they seek life in the same God who does not exist. grin
Ignoremoodactivated lipsrsealed
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by 701ecilana: 11:45am On Sep 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

now I'm being silly? really?

you just pulled a strawman by asking for where Yahweh commanded people to take slaves whereas what I said was that your Yahweh endorsed slavery

you didn't read where your Bible endorsed slavery? and now what me to start presenting them to you?

this is funny grin

yahweh condoned selling oneself and selling one’s daughter into slavery. It also condoned slavery as a punishment for not being able to pay a debt.

Prisoners of war were also subjected to slavery if they were not killed outright. Non-Jews and possibly Jewish women were slaves for life, and while parts of the bible said that Jewish males were to be set free every seven years with compensation for their labor, the later prophets made it clear that the people ignored this, and the bible also provided a way for a slave owner to make a freed slave his slave for life by providing a wife and family for him and making him choose between his personal freedom and his wife and children.

The children of foreign slaves were born into slavery and were slaves for life.

Slaves could be beaten to death, provided they lingered a couple of days before dying and the owner would escape punishment.

meanwhile he never condemned it anywhere in the Bible not even when he came as himself in Jesus but could oy tell them to keep obeying their masters in fear and trembling

Exodus 21:2-6

Leviticus 25:44-46

Exodus 21:20-21

Ephesians 6:5

1 Timothy 6:1-2

Luke 12:47-48

I'll give you a friendly advice by telling you to simply back out now cuz I'm almost 100% sure you're out of your depth at this and you'll only wish you hadn't started as the discussion progresses grin but it would be unlike you to back out
Before i take my brother's advice and ignore you, let me say this, if i take you down those scriptures you posted here, you'd remain naked. Stripped with nothing to hold unto.

But hey, i take advice when it's given, so i'll ignore you.

Keep being silly and quoting from a fairytale book about a God who doesn't exists but endorses Slavery for living people.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by 701ecilana: 11:47am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:
701ecilana the guy no even understand Wetin he dey talk again grin

If only sense would fall on him, he would know that my comment above has bailed any other angle he may come with. cheesy

But na lie! Even a dying dog has to seek anything to bite. grin

He does not know that slavery can never be abolished in a billion quadrillion years but the inhuman treatment attached to it can be abolished.

Na God wey no dey exist only he dey see so the non existing one is blinding his eyes from reasoning.
I just took your advice and left him be. I would have asked him how a none existing Yahweh endorsed slavery for living people.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by hopefulLandlord: 11:49am On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

Before i take my brother's advice and ignore you, let me say this, if i take you down those scriptures you posted here, you'd remain naked. Stripped with nothing to hold unto.

But hey, i take advice when it's given, so i'll ignore you.

Keep being silly and quoting from a fairytale book about a God who doesn't exists but endorses Slavery for living people.

you're free to back out while pretending you're taking the advice of someone I don't even regard enough to have a conversation with

you can always dodge, its allowed grin any refuge is allowed if it helps you save face grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by hopefulLandlord: 11:50am On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

I just took your advice and left him be. I would have asked him how a none existing Yahweh endorsed slavery for living people.

this bait and switch tactic of yours again? grin

hide under existence arguments when you have nothing else to defend yourself with, its allowed tongue
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by 701ecilana: 11:52am On Sep 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

why then are you fighting against slavery? or do you endorse it like your god did?
And slavery is beneficial to man in what way?
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by dalaman: 11:55am On Sep 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you're free to back out while pretending you're taking the advice of someone I don't even regard enough to have a conversation with

you can always dodge, its allowed grin any refuge is allowed if it helps you save face grin

The guy don beg you tire for attention but you no gree give am? The other day he was yelling come let us debate, come let us debate like a Sallah ram that is about to be killed, you didn't even look his way. Now he is still shadow boxing himself and trying to irritate you like a noisy mosquito without you even wanting to know that he is there. It must really be painful for him. Baba you wicked. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by JackBizzle: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

Jumbo dumbo go and fix your road rash and get circumcised. cheesy

I do not think you have children. If you do then I do not think you love them.

If as an adult you know without a doubt what would keep your children alive and make them more comfortable and dignified would you deny them that simply because you want them to decide by themselves much later in life when perhaps by then the damage would have been done?

Read this testimonies from those who have actually taken the cut.

http://www.circinfo.net/men_circumcised_as_adults_tell_it_as_it_is.html

Regarding circumcision and the Bible, scroll up and read my comments about that.

Did you build a world class medical research centre for the ancients? Yet they knew what science just discovered. cheesy

If you are yet to get the snip go and do so and dignify yourself for your future wife.

Shows how dull you are. From my comment you should know that i am not against circumcision

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by hopefulLandlord: 11:59am On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

And slavery is beneficial to man in what way?

follow the discussion, certain atheists endorse circumcision on this thread and certain ones did not

in the post I quoted when I made the post you just quoted you said you think those that are against it are doing so because your god endorsed it

my reply is simply to show you that's not the case as there are things your god endorses eg slavery which most atheists are against and there are many things your god endorses that most atheists also endorse

its simply a subtle way of saying those that are against circumcision are doing it regardless of any god

your next post is to call me silly and tell me to show how Yahweh endorsed slavery which I simply did and you backed out like I advised you to

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

No need for that. Let them continue being delusional by demanding equity from a God they say does not exist. grin

It's like me going out to fight daily with a brick layer or an electrician over a house they never built for me and I do not have simply because In my delusion I believe they built me a house or that I own one when in reality my house does not exist. cheesy grin

I tire men!

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Humanistme: 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

hide under existence arguments when you have nothing else to defend yourself with, its allowed tongue

she just couldn't resist the urge to quote you cheesy while pretending to ignore.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2017
JackBizzle:

Shows how dull you are. From my comment you should know that i am not against circumcision

Yes I can see you are in support but couldn't resist the urge to still hammer some sense into your jumbo dumbo persona cheesy

Na the work we dey do.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by 701ecilana: 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I have nothing to defend myself with? Are you for real?

Wait!!!!?, i hear you guys are double standard, is this it? One day God doesn't exists, the next, he does but wicked. He endorses slavery, and kills women and children

For you and i to have any meaning discussions on this matter at anytime, we must established the existence or none of it of God, without which, i will also sound insane.
Guy, This could be signs of schizophrenia

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by 701ecilana: 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hopefullandlord go on priding yourself about whatever. You can't have a discussion with him because you know you can't handle him. Lol, you do not realize that people read what we type here? They do, so pls just keep padding yourself on the back while you live in delusion.

As for me, i held you up in a thread just like this, I remember very well, you ran, scrambled like a mouse to hole. If you want us to do again again. Do you want a rematch? Am game.

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

Wait!!!!?, i hear you guys are double standard, is this it? One day God doesn't exists, the next, he does but wicked. He endorses slavery, and kills women and children

For you and i to have any meaning discussions on this matter at anytime, we must established the existence or none of it of God, without which, i will also sound insane.

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

Hopefullandlord go on priding yourself about whatever. You can't have a discussion with him because you know you can't handle him. Lol, you do not realize that people read what we type here? They do, so pls just keep padding yourself on the back while you live in delusion.

As for me, i held you up in a thread just like this, I remember very well, you ran, scrambled like a mouse to hole. If you want us to do again again. Do you want a rematch? Am game.

I have begged the arindin to prove his logical reasoning by engaging me in a one on one debate.

I gave him these conditions

1. HE SHOULD STATE THE TERMS OF THE DEBATE

2. HE SHOULD CHOOSE THE TOPIC OF DEBATE

3. HE SHOULD GIVE ME A SHOUT WHEN HE DOES.

the debate would be totally to his advantage especially with the terms I gave him. But even with an advantage he cannot dare to debate me. grin

But he can roam all over Nairaland targeting his victims. But when he is targeted he begins ignoring the person cheesy

Well my offer is still open for him to boldly accept if he dares. grin
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Humanistme: 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

https://www.mentalhelp.net/articles/positive-symptoms-of-schizophrenia-the-psychotic-dimension/

this article here explained symptoms of schizophrenia. it will be helpful to both you and hopefullandlord
cheesy
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by 701ecilana: 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2017
Humanistme:

https://www.mentalhelp.net/articles/positive-symptoms-of-schizophrenia-the-psychotic-dimension/

this article here explained symptoms of schizophrenia. it will be helpful to both you and hopefullandlord
cheesy
Wait, let me recall. I think i clicked the everlasting ignoremood key pad for you that last time. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by hopefulLandlord: 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

you've asked me this question before and I made it clear that Yahweh does not exist, the word "God" however is still something that I can't say it exists or not

that does not mean we can't discuss the bible either from a fictional basis (atheist's view) or from nonfictional basis (Christian view), either way the book is right there and can be discussed just like I can discuss the myths

and I don't think I've called your god wicked and even if some atheists do, that doesn't mean they're admitting your imaginary friend exists but rather saying your imaginary friend has no basis in reality and looks more like a god invented by men and not the other way around

anyways backing out is allowed tongue

but let me ask, you've been discussing with atheists for years now, were you thinking they believe your god exists and are discussing it like its existence was a forgone conclusion and you just had an eureka moment recently? or you're just seeking refuge under its existence when your points are stripped bare?

2 Likes

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 12:30pm On Sep 01, 2017
Humanistme:

cheesy

Only someone who does not understand definition would run to an article.

schizophrenia
noun
a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behaviour, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.

Constantly talking about and being angry at a non existent being is a sign of withdrawal from reality and personal relationships and a foray into fantasy and delusion and a sense of mental fragmentation.

Staying up at odd hours of the day to deliberately insult and ridicule this non existent God is a sign of a mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behaviour, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings.

Schizophrenia on point grin

1 Like

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by 701ecilana: 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2017
butterflylion:

I have begged the arindin to prove his logical reasoning by engaging me in a one on one debate.

I gave him these conditions

1. HE SHOULD STATE THE TERMS OF THE DEBATE

2. HE SHOULD CHOOSE THE TOPIC OF DEBATE

3. HE SHOULD GIVE ME A SHOUT WHEN HE DOES.

the debate would be totally to his advantage especially with the terms I gave him. But even with an advantage he cannot dare to debate me. grin

But he can roam all over Nairaland targeting his victims. But when he is targeted he begins ignoring the person cheesy

Well my offer is still open for him to boldly accept if he dares. grin
He can not. I have known him long enough to know he can't. One they are good at is trolling. Just calm down and hold them, they'll wriggle off like marecats.
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by hopefulLandlord: 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

how did I run?

1. I said your god is bipolar because he said thou shalt not kill but commanded killing of infants in the same book

2. you challenged that and said you want to discuss it

3. you then asked me if the god of the bible exists

4. I said NO!

5. YOU then spent the rest of the thread hiding under existence arguments and ignored the topic that brought the discussion

6. I kept clarifying it for you that all we we're discussing is in the Bible and the character's existence is inconsequential

7. you kept going back and forth and even asked what anthropomorphism means, I gave it and you still ran back to the first discussion

isn't what happened on that thread similar to what you just did on this thread? its obvious to the readers who's hiding here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by butterflylion: 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

He can not. I have known him long enough to know he can't. One they are good at is trolling. Just calm down and hold them, they'll wriggle off like marecats.

Wait o. So na so he dey dodge debates? grin

Ahhh abajo.... No wonder. cheesy cheesy
Re: As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? by Humanistme: 12:41pm On Sep 01, 2017
701ecilana:

Wait, let me recall. I think i clicked the everlasting ignoremood key pad for you that last time. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

if you were really ignoring me you won't reply this post. you just couldn't resist my dear Mrs born again cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Would God Judge Those That Died Without Ever Hearing About Jesus Christ? / Be An Atheist For Twelve Days / People Who Mocked God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.