Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,991 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream (22384 Views)

Don't Ever Buy Airtime Again!!! / Top 8 Smartphones With 4G Support And Big Batteries That Cost Less Than N50,000 / Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Protein0: 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2017
wman:

Just look at the price of the high end Xiaomi phones.
And they will come and say that Xiaomi phones are cheap.

2kurupt and others won't talk about this.

Let's av a case study then.
Pick any of the xiaomi high end phone, find its contemporary from other brands and tell us its price.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by 2kurupt(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2017
wman:

Just look at the price of the high end Xiaomi phones.
And they will come and say that Xiaomi phones are cheap.

2kurupt and others won't talk about this.

Xiaomi phones offer more value for money spent than Samsung, LG & co in the same category.

Take the Xiaomi Mi Mix for example, if Samsung were to offer a phone with similar specs e.g. Dual rear cam, tri-bezeless 6.4 inch screen, top range snapdragon chipset 6gig ram & with 256 gig memory etc
You & I know it will cost way more than 201k.

While a mid range Xiaomi phone within 40 - 70k can comfortably compete with Samsung & LG phones priced at 100-150k so tell me, who is wiser?

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by oribi(m): 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2017
Read through some post...
I have used Various phones for a while(LG,Jiayu,Nokia,coolpad,etc)Some midrange and some others above that but presently rocking a Xiaomi...
Questions to answer
What do you use your smartphone for?
How durable is your smartphone?
If it passes through a stress test can it survive?
What's your budget before buying a smartphone?

Yes a product with a high price does not necessarily mean it's a good product
But Apple and Samsung phones are not in the same league with some of the phones mentioned here why? INNOVATION
These companies (Samsung,LG,Apple,etc) spend billions for research and development,they have dished out great customer experience over a very long period of time,etc

A Mercedes will always be a Mercedes & A Nissan will always be a Nissan lol

Just get a smartphone that serves "you" and be happy with your choice

5 Likes

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by GrandMufti: 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
Reborn14:
can i get xiaomi at a price of 40k

Check the xiaomi thread
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by kolomax(m): 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2017
erico2k2:
Plz control your TV with it Now price me wrong .
I am using it

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by lastbaff(m): 4:32pm On Sep 03, 2017
finnestdope:

Yeah, it made the review unique, my site is even ranking no. 1 on search engine whenever you search for kimfly
You didn't lose after all. The trust and huge traffic are worth the money.
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by alabi484(m): 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2017
shedy03:

am thinking of going for ulefone power, I like the 6000mah battery and the FHD display.
good stuff...used it for a year and kept on damaging it due to my unnecessarily adventurous nature...currently planning to buy the motherboard and continue where I left off...you'll enjoy the phone...just that you have to get ready to tell people the name like 3 times before they get it...Lol
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by finnestdope(m): 4:56pm On Sep 03, 2017
lastbaff:

You didn't lose after all. The trust and huge traffic are worth the money.

Thats ma joy bro. At last all was at my gain.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by shedy03(m): 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
alabi484:

good stuff...used it for a year and kept on damaging it due to my unnecessarily adventurous nature...currently planning to buy the motherboard and continue where I left off...you'll enjoy the phone...just that you have to get ready to tell people the name like 3 times before they get it...Lol
thanks for your testimony.
but I read on ulefone forum users complaining about the battery not being durable, have you not you experienced that with yours?
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by donpata(m): 7:57pm On Sep 03, 2017
shedy03:

thanks for your testimony.
but I read on ulefone forum users complaining about the battery not being durable, have you not you experienced that with yours?

One thing u shld note is the people complaining. Oyinbos complain alot. That's what I've noticed. They are used to highend phones so once they use a low one, their expectations are always high.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by eleojo23: 8:07pm On Sep 03, 2017
erico2k2:
To control a Samsung TV and media center ??
That is 100% possible. Already use it on Samsung and LG TV...
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by sfinkzslot(m): 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2017
What's mainstream again, when all these fones are actually made in China except for some minor modifications here and there and then branding to hype and make you pay extra #smh

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Appraizzal: 9:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Thanks but I'm scared. Tiger? For a moment I thought I saw Uefalona. Lol. I'd check it out. This quack engineers at Ikotun roundabout just turned my phone to a television.
lol mumu boy... You stay around Ikotun, let's meet up na.. Don't worry I'm not gay. I just ordered the ulefone tiger
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Appraizzal: 9:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
vickertony:
is that what you are using bro?
I just ordered the device bro
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:24pm On Sep 03, 2017
Appraizzal:
lol mumu boy... You stay around Ikotun, let's meet up na.. Don't worry I'm not gay. I just ordered the ulefone tiger
Lol. Now I'd like to experiment its value with you as specimen. Use it for a month and get back to me. Lol. Meet up? On a second thought, what if someone wants to beat me up for my annoying and irrational posts? Lol.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by nwoke37: 12:27am On Sep 04, 2017
I learned recently learned that Nigeria has some of the components to manufacture smartphones. Nigeria is a huge market! If only our indigenous engineers can create quality smartphones that are affordable so we wouldn't suffer at the hands of inferior phones. I can assure that the first Nigerian to create a quality smartphone that is affordable will be a billionaire. Mark my words!
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by donpata(m): 4:29am On Sep 04, 2017
vickertony:

Bro... how much for the ulefone tiger... i mean after converting to naira....... is the battery removable? just drop small explanations about the phone for first timers, i never heard of it, until this morning.

https://www.nairaland.com/4030282/ulefone-tiger-layman-summary

Done
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 04, 2017
Appraizzal:
grin grin

Kuku kill me wit laff

1 Like

Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Appraizzal: 8:23am On Sep 04, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. Now I'd like to experiment its value with you as specimen. Use it for a month and get back to me. Lol. Meet up? On a second thought, what if someone wants to beat me up for my annoying and irrational posts? Lol.

Oya na... Suit yasef. I'll drop screenshots and reply your questions as regards the phone when it arrives tho.
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Appraizzal: 8:24am On Sep 04, 2017
beardlessdude:
grin grin

Kuku kill me wit laff

My brother that's the first concern that crossed my mind after I typed that... Nigeria dikwa very risky right now
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:35am On Sep 04, 2017
Appraizzal:

Oya na... Suit yasef. I'll drop screenshots and reply your questions as regards the phone when it arrives tho.
Lol. I'd see once the phone arrives.
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by ubev01(m): 10:11am On Sep 04, 2017
Freiden:
Say No to substandard phones

When they say the phone has 8MP camera, let it be 8MP not 4MP

When they say the battery is 2400mAh, let it be 24mAh.

My LG phone with 2000mAh battery lasts than my Tecno phone with 2400mAh...

LG 5MP camera clear pass Tecno 8MP camera.

You can't trust all this chinese inferior product. Xiaomi excluded and some other brands.

Say No to Tecno, Infinix, Gionee, Kimfly etc.

Your head dey there
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by ubev01(m): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2017
Bluetooth2:

Things poor people say to console themselves.

Just like comparing Toyota and Rolls Royce

How many Rolls Royce is Dangote using?
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by ubev01(m): 10:14am On Sep 04, 2017
fisfat:

It's because you've never used one. They worth the price

Use a Xiaomi phone and then compare
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by ubev01(m): 10:17am On Sep 04, 2017
fisfat:

You sef, hear the name

The name rings Bell, comfortably sitting at number 5 in world ranking. If you haven't heard the name, whose fault? Yours or xioamis?
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by ubev01(m): 10:33am On Sep 04, 2017
bongolistik:
you are wrong, cos Samsung and Apple are truly overpriced.

I guess you are amongst the lots that buy things only because of brand name. I am not saying that Samsung and Apple are not brands with good product, but fact is that their phones are overpriced.

High price does not always transmits best quality. OnePlus, Meizu, Xiaomi et al are Chinese brands that make devices as equivalent as Samsung and Apple and can give them run for quality and best price.

An American recently gave a full review and comparison of his iPhone 6 Plus that he bought for about 200k with the new midrange Nokia 5 that he recently bought for about 60k and he ended up confirming that IPhone was truly overpriced as his new Nokia 5 gave him almost everything he needed that his IPhone 6 Plus gave him.

In fact he even mentioned that there are somethings he achieved with his Nokia 5 that he couldn't do with his IPhone.

At the end he came to the conclusion that he will be going more for phones that cost less and of quality than IPhone that is pricey with quality.

You probably don't know that Samsung and Apple are just enjoying brand leverage, that's why their phones are pricey but people still buy them.

Just the way LG home appliances these days are almost costing higher than many other brands. And I don't see LG as the best in home appliances

Well said bro. The cost of producing an iPhone 7 plus, 128gb variant is less than 300 dollar including labour, yet the phone sells for about 700, 800 dollar.
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by ubev01(m): 10:35am On Sep 04, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Thanks. Do they have a store or you can recommend where one could get if he wants one?

Check the xiaomi thread for more info
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by ubev01(m): 10:41am On Sep 04, 2017
Bluetooth2:

Perhaps you don't have "dislike" with his choice of word when he called iPhone overrated. He only went for a cheaper phone he could afford which doesnt make a much better phone worthless either.

Life is a choice, so stick with what you can afford and stop bad-mouthing what you can't afford.

Dude, don't you know the difference between over rated and over priced. I guess you were busy making money that you forgot to pay attention to your English teacher
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by ubev01(m): 10:45am On Sep 04, 2017
Reborn14:
can i get xiaomi at a price of 40k

Yes
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by ubev01(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2017
erico2k2:

Samsung phone is more intigrated than xiaomi . U can control yoyr TV with it.even your car . There are loads of technology put into Samsung phones you don't know.

Ir blaster is a must on any xiaomi device these days
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by ubev01(m): 10:55am On Sep 04, 2017
erico2k2:

Plz control your TV with it Now price me wrong .

Guy why not check YouTube
Re: Chinese Branded Smartphones: Would Your Ever Buy Again Or Go Back To Mainstream by ubev01(m): 11:07am On Sep 04, 2017
HolyTitus:
have anyone here tried to look up for the prices of HTC phones on aliexpress ? Those are the best price you can get anywhere an high-end phones like HTC; Believe you, me. Gush! What are you waiting for ??

Refurbished loading

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 And Note 10 Plus - Things You Should Know / Phone Prices Increase As Dollar Price Goes Through The Roof / Confirm The Owner Of Any Bank Account In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.