Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? (2700 Views)

Atheists/agnostic/non-religious Memes / Non Religious Believers in god Come Here / Non-Religious Africans, How Easy/Hard Has Dating Been For You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2017
DeSepiero:
More often than not, there is a negative correlation between intelligence and religiousity.

Though I wince to do so, I have to agree with u.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:
Nonreligious people are almost always classified as atheists. And no Mark said he was never atheist and was even raised Jewish.

Not true. Many comventionally non-religious people actually state emphatically that they are/were not atheists, including Eistein.
You can be raised anything your parents are. All those years I never saw him refute.being.called an atheist.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
adepeter2027:
lol. I don't tag myself atheist. In fact, if you ask if I'mpaerucult, I will say big NO

Publicly declaring one's disbelief could cos wahala in future.

I have to say I agree with u. I heavily suspect that's the case with Zuckerburg - I suspect his religiousity is political.
I mean when people have such sudden religious awackening they usually become fanatic adherents to.paticular religion - ala new islamic converts who become jihadists.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:
Thrash!

Its obvious you're the one with the problem. Didn't I mention earlier that even Seun himself created the thread because he was hurt and in disbelief of Mark's very own words? Does the fact you saw another thread by different person negate Seun's thread?

Mark Zukerberg posted it on his Facebook account when asked so quit this senseless talk and stop making reference to my personal life , you don't know me.

This is my last response to you. I won't read nor reply you any further.

Instead of getting angry, why not simply enlighten us. I read all those earlier years Mark being refered to as atheist - not once all those years do I recall.him refuting.it.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:
Lied because of who? Lol, you're just all butthurt that your demigod denounced being atheist. Heck, even Seun vented out his frustrations that day, I recall vividly.

Fact is Mark is NOT atheist and he made that clear so don't try to assume what's not.

Mark saying he is not an atheist is not same as Mark saying he was NEVER an atheist. All those years he never denied being an atheist when refered to as one.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Amberon11: 1:47pm On Sep 04, 2017
Seems Mark Zukerberg's religious affiliation gives y'all migraines.

I recommend Aspirin tho.
WetinConsignMe:

Mark saying he is not an atheist is not same as Mark saying he was NEVER an atheist. All those years he never denied being an atheist when refered to as one.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by hopefulLandlord: 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

exactly!
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:
... but they are seeking eternal life by pumping money into eternality research ...so what do you think is

Back in 1988, Rod Stewart belted it out at the top of his lungs: "Forever young, forever young!"

So did the lesser known German synthpop band Alphaville, singing: "Forever young, I want to be forever young. Do you really want to live forever? Forever, and ever."

Here's the music video, but don't watch too much of it or your mind will start to age dramatically:

Those songs aren't just a throwback to the awesome 80's. "Forever Young" appears to have become the personal quest for a number of Silicon Valley billionaires and other elites who are pumping big bucks into efforts to live forever.

Their collective dream is a powerful reminder of the deep ache for eternity that resides in the heart of every person.

I would argue that ache is actual proof of an afterlife, that every human spir[b][/b]it innately knows there should be something more.

Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page must be feeling it. They spent more than a billion dollars to create Calico Labs to research ways to battle the inevitable.

Oracle's Larry Ellison is also on a quest for man-made eternal life, reportedly spending $430M on immortality research.

And Amazon's billionaire businessman Jeff Bezos is funneling millions into Unity Biotechnology, a company on a mission to find ways "to slow - or stop - the aging process or enable immortality."

Meanwhile, PayPal founder Peter Thiel has also given cash to Unity, as well as Alcor, a cryogenic company which freezes people's bodies in the hopes that one day a cure can be found for death.

"Last fall, Unity raised a hundred and sixteen million dollars from such investors as Jeff Bezos and Peter Thiel, billionaires eager to stretch our lives, or at least their own, to a span that Thiel has pinpointed as 'forever,'" the New Yorker reports.

According to numerous media reports, Thiel is also very interested in the possibility that injecting blood from young people into older people could be part of an anti-aging solution.

"That practice is known as parabiosis, and, according to Thiel, it's a potential biological Fountain of Youth--the closest thing science has discovered to an anti-aging panacea," Inc.com reports.

It's not just the Silicon Valley billionaire crowd who are hoping to achieve man-made eternal life.

The New Yorker reports about a gathering which included Hollywood elites like Goldie Hawn, in Norman Lear's living room, speaking to a Nobel Prize winner about a powerful antioxidant nicknamed the "God Molecule."

No need to go on and on and on. You get the picture.

Sure, I get what these people are after. If I didn't have anything to look forward to beyond this world, my dozens of dollars would be right there with those billionaires' big bucks.

And maybe in the midst of this quest for man-made eternal life, some good research will actually help find cures for diseases. But I know one thing for sure. No matter how much science advances, everyone will have to face death at some point. What comes after that is up to you.

"People are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment. So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many," Hebrews 11:27-28 says.

Of course, death and eternal life are at the crux of Christianity, and the Bible cuts right to the heart of the matter on many occasions.

So how can we have eternal life, with or without a billion dollars?

Jesus said in John 17:3, "This is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

And Jesus boldly declared in John 11:25, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."

There it is. The cure for death.

Jesus also said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me." He didn't say He was "a way" or "one of many truths" or "one possible source of life." He said THE way, THE truth, THE life.

No one is guaranteed tomorrow. But everyone is

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/health/2017/july/billionaires-pour-big-bucks-into-manmade-eternal-life-but-heres-what-the-bible-says?cpid=:ID:-20565-:DT:-2017-07-19-08:26:06-:US:-MJ2-:CN:-CP1-:PO:-NC1-:ME:-SU1-:SO:-FB1-:SP:-NW1-:PF:-TX1-

What do I think? Well they are trying to solve a human problem in a way that has always worked for them. Instead of death, let's say they are trying to solve, say, how man can get to the moon. Which way do u think will better - their way or your way?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are Danites - members of DAN (Detribalised Association of Nigeria)
To become a Danite you must be nominated by a Danite
You must also be against tribal bigotry and secession
If you wish to become a Danite, just say so
Your profile will be vetted to see if you qualify
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
illuminated93, Addy003, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, caseless, amah91, obaamah, ediss, maximunimpact, anonynymous, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc, dongreat, winterfell007, afobear, quotasystem, nabiz, deleyi20, mujtahida, stagger, horllamideh, jnrremedy, litmus, limitless777, shervydman, ikio
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Join our email list as soon as you can by emailing:
wetinconsignme@asia.com
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

What do I think? Well they are trying to solve a human problem in a way that has always worked for them. Instead of death, let's say they are trying to solve, say, how man can get to the moon. Which way do u think will better - their way or your way?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are Danites - members of DAN (Detribalised Association of Nigeria)
To become a Danite you must be nominated by a Danite
You must also be against tribal bigotry and secession
If you wish to become a Danite, just say so
Your profile will be vetted to see if you qualify
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
illuminated93, Addy003, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, caseless, amah91, obaamah, ediss, maximunimpact, anonynymous, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc, dongreat, winterfell007, afobear, quotasystem, nabiz, deleyi20, mujtahida, stagger, horllamideh, jnrremedy, litmus, limitless777, shervydman, ikio
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Join our email list as soon as you can by emailing:
wetinconsignme@asia.com

i pray you live long to witness their futility... death is not analyzable in the lab so they cant stop it..can i hear you say amen
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Ranchhoddas: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:

i pray you live long to witness their futility... death is not analyzable in the lab so they cant stop it..can i hear you say amen
In what way does this validate your belief?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by plaetton: 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:
Nonreligious people are almost always classified as atheists. And no Mark said he was never atheist and was even raised Jewish.
What kind of convoluted logic is this ? undecided
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:

Amen! Just that amen doesn't seem to.have.been as effective as science in solving practical human problems. I don't see exactly why.extreme longevity should be an exception.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:

You didn't attempt the fundamental question: why are all those giants non-religious? Shouldn't those backed by religion then be able to accomplish more? Why.is it that only those without serious ties to religion reach such heights? Does religion impede such creativity and accomplishment?
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by amrichy(m): 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:

d fact that YOU can't "analyze" death in a lab doesn't mean no one can!
just think 4 a moment about all d amazin thinz (many of which ppu like u wud have thought imposibu) humans hav been able to acomplish tecnologicaly, scientificaly, medicaly etc and u wil realize that some day, sooner or later, man wil be abu to prolong life significantly or perhaps find a cure to death.
"whatever d mind of a man can conceive and believe, he can achieve!" who wud hav deemed it possible to communicate instantaneously with anyone in almost any place on earth?
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
amrichy:

d fact that YOU can't "analyze" death in a lab doesn't mean no one can!
just think 4 a moment about all d amazin thinz (many of which ppu like u wud have thought imposibu) humans hav been able to acomplish tecnologicaly, scientificaly, medicaly etc and u wil realize that some day, sooner or later, man wil be abu to prolong life significantly or perhaps find a cure to death.
"whatever d mind of a man can conceive and believe, he can achieve!" who wud hav deemed it possible to communicate instantaneously with anyone in almost any place on earth?

lets live long to see the day man can use science to prevent death...but
until then death is inevitable...
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

You didn't attempt the fundamental question: why are all those giants non-religious? Shouldn't those backed by religion then be able to accomplish more? Why.is it that only those without serious ties to religion reach such heights? Does religion impede such creativity and accomplishment?

its not true the so called non religious you hailing today built whatever they have on the exploits of the religious and their establishment....have you heard of newton and faraday....or Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Oxford
universities which had their roots in christianity
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Amen! Just that amen doesn't seem to.have.been as effective as science in solving practical human problems. I don't see exactly why.extreme longevity should be an exception.

or compounding the problems like the north korea ish causing world tension... so be sure when it starts all the achievements of science will be wiped out with the non religious join... i hope itdoes not reach... but if it does.. be sure gods will be above all..
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
In what way does this validate your belief?

you mean eternal life that the nonreligious are putting in millions of bucks to find a solution?
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by bobowaja(m): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:

its not true the so called non religious you hailing today built whatever they have on the exploits of the religious and their establishment....have you heard of newton and faraday....or Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Oxford
Wrong! Those scholars you quoted were not religious and most not radical if they belong to some sect.

Most of the ancient scholars pledge their outward belief to religion to evade consequences of going against it (a case study of Galileo Galilee who was punished for going against the church).

Same thing is still applicable in our world especially in Nigeria. Most often than not, we that doesn't belong to any religion sect were always labeled bad and deprived of some civic benefits and responsibilities, therefore we always change coat to suit our society as need be (that doesn't mean we belief).

Don't be surprised to see most of these professed atheist online as pastors in real world (they are only scared of their society).

Mark's reply to that fan was both for BUSINESS and POLITICAL reasons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by amrichy(m): 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
d reason wy almost all tech giants are nonreligious is actualy quite simpu and here goes:
religion necesarily entail d beliv in a superhuman being/deity that has d power to influenc one's life and solv one's problems. consequently, a religios person makes less use of his intelectual ability and critical thinking skil to take charge of his life and solv whateva problem he/she is besieged with; he merely prays to a god/godes 4 solutn 2 a problem he cud actualy solv himsef.
on d other hand, an irreligious person fundamentaly doesn't rely on any sky dady or water mumy or ancestral spirit to solve his problems. henc, he is forced to maximaly utilize d most valuable tool in his posesion (his intelectual power) to figure out solutions to his problems ; and this has proved to be far more efficacious than praying to a deity.
i'm yet to see a technological invention or innovation, or any practica solution to a problem, that was born out of praying to a god!!!
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:

But we are talking of tech giants of TODAY, alive today.
Because if u keep going back enough,.those Christians.built whatever they had on.exploits of pagans before them

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by bobowaja(m): 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Because if u keep going back enough,.those Christians.built whatever they had on.exploits of pagans before them
Forget that guy. The rate they cook lies to support their religion is alarming. They will twist histories just to fight for their God that they ironically said is powerful and omnipotent.

Such jokes!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2017
amrichy:
d reason wy almost all tech giants are nonreligious is actualy quite simpu and here goes:
religion necesarily entail d beliv in a superhuman being/deity that has d power to influenc one's life and solv one's problems. consequently, a religios person makes less use of his intelectual ability and critical thinking skil to take charge of his life and solv whateva problem he/she is besieged with; he merely prays to a god/godes 4 solutn 2 a problem he cud actualy solv himsef.
on d other hand, an irreligious person fundamentaly doesn't rely on any sky dady or water mumy or ancestral spirit to solve his problems. henc, he is forced to maximaly utilize d most valuable tool in his posesion (his intelectual power) to figure out solutions to his problems ; and this has proved to be far more efficacious than praying to a deity.
i'm yet to see a technological invention or innovation, or any practica solution to a problem, that was born out of praying to a god!!!

I have to admit u make a lot of sense. Is there any person of faith that disagrees?
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by amrichy(m): 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:

lets live long to see the day man can use science to prevent death...but
until then death is inevitable...
sadly, as much as i wud hav loved to see death conquered, i hav to admit that d cure for death might stil take man a couple of centuries to find; it's quite a profoundly complex mission (BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:

or compounding the problems like the north korea ish causing world tension... so be sure when it starts all the achievements of science will be wiped out with the non religious join... i hope itdoes not reach... but if it does.. be sure gods will be above all..

I have to admit u have a point. I have no doubt man will reach imortaity given enough time. The question is will he destroy himself before then.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 5:51pm On Sep 04, 2017
bobowaja:

Wrong! Those scholars you quoted were not religious and most not radical if they belong to some sect.

Most of the ancient scholars pledge their outward belief to religion to evade consequences of going against it (a case study of Galileo Galilee who was punished for going against the church).

Same thing is still applicable in our world especially in Nigeria. Most often than not, we that doesn't belong to any religion sect were always labeled bad and deprived of some civic benefits and responsibilities, therefore we always change coat to suit our society as need be (that doesn't mean we belief).

Don't be surprised to see most of these professed atheist online as pastors in real world (they are only scared of their society).

Makes sense. Isn't that how illuminati came about? The enlightened ones.had to.go underground.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by amrichy(m): 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

I have to admit u have a point. I have no doubt man will reach imortaity given enough time. The question is will he destroy himself before then.
unfortunately, we are not going to hav enough time to attain immortality. did i hear u ask why?
'cos jesus is coming soon!
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Ranchhoddas: 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
uvalued:

you mean eternal life that the nonreligious are putting in millions of bucks to find a solution?
How does this validate your belief?
That's what I asked.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
amrichy:

unfortunately, we are not going to hav enough time to attain immortality. did i hear u ask why?
'cos jesus is coming soon!

My Religiuosity not withstanding, I actually think man will destroy himself. Has it ever occured to u that maybe the comming has already occurred. It clearly says in.the sciptures it will occure before those alive then all pass away

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2017
amrichy:

sadly, as much as i wud hav loved to see death conquered, i hav to admit that d cure for death might stil take man a couple of centuries to find; it's quite a profoundly complex mission (BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE!

I think man will destroy himself before then
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
bobowaja:

Mark could also.have been being.sincere - your wife doesn't have three miscarriages without it affecting u.
Maybe he said a fervent prayer b4 they finally had their daughter.
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

and the question is NON RELIGIOUS and ancient pagans believe in some deity which negates the status of NON RELIGIOUS to say the least...so what gives... eg of ancient religious such as the non religious ancient religious egyptian built pyramids that modern science with all theirtechnological advancement have NOT BEEN able to decipher the ancient technology of accuracy and this were religious ancient not NON RELIGIOUS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"The Glory Of His Presence with Pastor Benny Hinn" In Abuja / Some Of The Yoruba Names That May Be Against The Book Of Life / Its Biblical As A Christian To Pray Nakedly In Your Closest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.