Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once (5079 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Has Been Telling Yorubas For Months "Your Son Osibanjo Is Very Sick" / Other Nigerians Should Emulate South-West Political Maturity - President Buhari / Igbos' unfair blame Of Yorubas For the Failure Of the Biafran Experiment . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 05, 2017
What did u conquer brother?let me remind u
1.tinubu has been regulated to Lagos state and
2.osibanjo is just an ordinary commissioner
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by izombie(m): 7:28am On Sep 05, 2017
I still don't understand why yorubas wake up every morning to create threads about igbos, biafra and kanu. I don't see igbos opening threads about yorubas. If bashing igbos helps yorubas to sleep at night please continue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Lightening: 8:11am On Sep 05, 2017
Baawaa:
We were in Opposition for long in the SW, Our Leader AWOLOWO was jailed, Abiola Election was annulled, he was killed, his wife was killed, his business was killed. Ajasin was put under house arrest, Abraham Adesanya was shot and the bullets went like raindrops, Bola Ige was murdered in Ibadan, our elections were rigged with provoking audacity, Tinubu was attacked politically and almost brought down but we fought without destroying Nigeria. We conquered without silly blackmail!!!!!!

There is a country called NIGERIA and DEMOCRACY has come to stay, if you can't play with common sense, you will just die of hypocritical ranting!

This guy is pathetic. How did you conquer? By producing a common coordinator of a vice president? How did the Yoruba nation avenge these evils done to those you listed? By still accepting to be slaves to the same people that decimated your leaders? Igbos can never emulate slavery.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by futurism: 8:27am On Sep 05, 2017
Baawaa:
We were in Opposition for long in the SW, Our Leader AWOLOWO was jailed, Abiola Election was annulled, he was killed, his wife was killed, his business was killed. Ajasin was put under house arrest, Abraham Adesanya was shot and the bullets went like raindrops, Bola Ige was murdered in Ibadan, our elections were rigged with provoking audacity, Tinubu was attacked politically and almost brought down but we fought without destroying Nigeria. We conquered without silly blackmail!!!!!!

There is a country called NIGERIA and DEMOCRACY has come to stay, if you can't play with common sense, you will just die of hypocritical ranting!

You only ended up proofing one thing: Yorubas have no balls to challenge the status quo. They have no courage chart a new course, They don't have the faith in trying something new by another approach...

Insanity is doing same thing over and over again and expecting a different result--unknown.

Yorubas are NOTHING but the mole in the south as far as the future of this country is concerned. The day yoruba will decide to challenge the Status quo, challenge the North... is the day this country will move forward and the North put where they belong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Lightening: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2017
captleonerd:
ipork yoot. don't you get tired of portraying your foolishness all over NL?

Yorubas know when to fight and when to watch and strategize. that's the difference between us.

we are not cowards. we have a well documented history of war lords, generals and empires in a democratic system long before the coming of the white man. what do ibos have? nothing. if not for the white man your people will still be struggling with killing bush meat with projectiles.

why don't you give me a detailed history of the ibo and advancements made before the coming of the white man and I'll do the same for Yorubas.

in fact give me the name of 5 ibo generals/war lords from the precolonial era ad I'll give you 20 from ijebu kingdom to, egba to Oyo to Ibadan to Ekiti kingdoms.

long story shot. we have a long history of empires, wars, civil wars an war lords. we are not cowards. we know when to fight.

bonus: a certain awolowo chased ojukwu to Abidjan without going to the battle field.

brain supersedes brawn!!!

Warriors like the disgraced Afonja? Even when the Fulanis bring the fight right to your doorstep in the west and kill your people, rape your women with their uncircumcised kondo and put to flight your cowardly men while a sitting Oba is held responsible, arrested and jailed and other yoruba elders keep mum in trepidation, you are still strategizing. What foolishness!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by captleonerd(m): 8:48am On Sep 05, 2017
Lightening:

Warriors like the disgraced Afonja? Even when the Fulanis bring the fight right to your doorstep in the west and kill your people, rape your women with their uncircumcised kondo and put to flight your cowardly men while a sitting Oba is held responsible, arrested and jailed and other yoruba elders keep mum in trepidation, you are still strategizing. What foolishness!
yes the fulanis invaded Yoruba land and were driven out. note the key word driven out. the only reason Ilorin wasn't liberated before the coming of the white man is because Ilorin rebelled against the Oyo empire and was uncooperative. if our men were as cowardly as you are foolishly trying to portray then the while of the southwest should be in their grip now.

BTW do you know the same fulanis came from Niger and conquered the hausas? but to you unintelligent bigots Yorubas are the cowards and hausas are not grin upside down logic. I'm still waiting for you ibos to accept my challenge and give me the history of ibos as a people that at least had the liver to start a war before the coming of the colonial masters. you sissies were busy chasing bush meat while Yorubas were busy expanding and taking kingdoms. no wonder Oyo state alone is bigger than abia, imo and anambra together grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by captleonerd(m): 8:49am On Sep 05, 2017
odduduwa:
Ilorin is still under captivity and it took lip wearing women from Dahomey to decimate your warlords ....need I remind you of a crying general? please stop listening to uncle Kunle ,Yoruba's have never been known to say the truth even their so called pastors
read the response I gave to your fellow ipork yoot above
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Lightening: 9:29am On Sep 05, 2017
fulanmafia:

I responded because your kin are in the habit of claiming to be dragged into issues that don't concern them, and there you were doing the same thing to the North.

Face the OP and address your grievances with him. Arewa is not the reason for your inability to play opposition politics.

The stranglehold the Fulani doctored 1999 constitution has on Nigeria forecloses dignified opposition politics. The appropriate type of response from any lover of freedom is sustained resistance. That is what all men of goodwill country over are beginning to do now. Very soon, the North will fully assume the poverty stricken status it was designed by Danfodio to be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Kingbabu: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2017
I believe GOD has created races and tribes with everyone having their good and bad sides but we just need to appreciate one another.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Lightening: 9:48am On Sep 05, 2017
captleonerd:
yes the fulanis invaded Yoruba land and were driven out. note the key word driven out. the only reason Ilorin wasn't liberated before the coming of the white man is because Ilorin rebelled against the Oyo empire and was uncooperative. if our men were as cowardly as you are foolishly trying to portray then the while of the southwest should be in their grip now.

BTW do you know the same fulanis came from Niger and conquered the hausas? but to you unintelligent bigots Yorubas are the cowards and hausas are not grin upside down logic. I'm still waiting for you ibos to accept my challenge and give me the history of ibos as a people that at least had the liver to start a war before the coming of the colonial masters. you sissies were busy chasing bush meat while Yorubas were busy expanding and taking kingdoms. no wonder Oyo state alone is bigger than abia, imo and anambra together grin

I know the yoruba history is replete with very sore losses and defeats from the Fulani. But the assaults i referenced in my response were the ones that happened in recent history. You are explaining failures as usual. It keeps robbing your people of their dignity or what remains if it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by fulanmafia: 10:30am On Sep 05, 2017
Lightening:

The stranglehold the Fulani doctored 1999 constitution has on Nigeria forecloses dignified opposition politics. The appropriate type of response from any lover of freedom is sustained resistance. That is what all men of goodwill country over are beginning to do now. Very soon, the North will fully assume the poverty stricken status it was designed by Danfodio to be.

Yet the SW were able to play dignified opposition politics during the Jonathan years when their elders complained of marginalization (to the jubilation of your kind) and successfully strategized to kick out their oppressor? It's typical of failures to blame the tool (constitution) instead of their lack of skill.

Call a spade a spade. You simply lack the strategic capacity to play opposition politics, hence your resort to petty blackmail and childish bid to bring the house down. Amusingly all you've succeeded in doing is further militarizing your region while inching it closer to yet another genocide and mass starvation as your fate seems to be programmed to be.

Arewa is not the reason for your inability to play opposition politics. Face your front.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by DabuIIIT: 10:39am On Sep 05, 2017
Markfemi2:

yes under awolowo and abiola 1m march for abacha

femi those 1m ppl cannot be categorised as normal human beings and we all know the parts late Adedibu and Arisekola and their boys played for abacha.
Pls,thats an ugly past,it has nothing to profit us now. How are we southerners gonna have any head_way When we are constantly at eachother's throat?

My region,ND,want True federalism/Restructuring/Resource Control..

The SE are pushed to the wall and,understandably, are pushing for seccession..these are legitimate agitation.
The question now is,do u ppl have a different agitation?
Well if u do,then goodluck.
Have a great week.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by plaetton: 10:45am On Sep 05, 2017
Baawaa:

Geesus!!!
Is this a joke

This has got to be the most stuuupid, self-deprecating and self-contradicting nonsense I have seen on Nairaland.

If this poster is serious, he is saying that Igbos should learn the fine art of taking it in axx and keeping quiet, until someday, the molester might simply run out of juice. shocked

Tu Tu Tu Tufiakwaaaaa! undecided
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by plaetton: 11:45am On Sep 05, 2017
fulanmafia:

Yet the SW were able to play dignified opposition politics during the Jonathan years when their elders complained of marginalization (to the jubilation of your kind) and successfully strategized to kick out their oppressor? It's typical of failures to blame the tool (constitution) instead of their lack of skill.

Call a spade a spade. You simply lack the strategic capacity to play opposition politics, hence your resort to petty blackmail and childish bid to bring the house down. Amusingly all you've succeeded in doing is further militarizing your region while inching it closer to yet another genocide and mass starvation as your fate seems to be programmed to be.

Arewa is not the reason for your inability to play opposition politics. Face your front.
Oh Bullshyte.
Dignified opposition my axx.

The same dignified opposition means being poked in the axx and not complaining , being hounded and murderd like we have seen from your kin over the political past of this country.

Dignified opposition to you means ingratiating oneself to lazy , wicked creeps with a born to rule syndrome ?
God forbid!
Dignified opposition means bowing to cows in order to catch some droplets of milk ?
God forbid .

Opposition should be opposition.
There is no such thing as dignified opposition.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by fulanmafia: 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2017
plaetton:

Oh Bullshyte.
Dignified opposition my axx.

The same dignified opposition means being poked in the axx and not complaining , being hounded and murderd like we have seen from your kin over the political past of this country.

Dignified opposition to you means ingratiating oneself to lazy , wicked creeps with a born to rule syndrome ?
God forbid!
Dignified opposition means bowing to cows in order to catch some droplets of milk ?
God forbid .

Opposition should be opposition.
There is no such thing as dignified opposition.

You can only be poked in the *** when you're someone's b*tch tongue

Nobody expected pigs and idiots to understand opposition politics. Nobody.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Markfemi2: 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2017
DabuIIIT:

femi those 1m ppl cannot be categorised as normal human beings and we all know the parts late Adedibu and Arisekola and their boys played for abacha.
Pls,thats an ugly past,it has nothing to profit us now. How are we southerners gonna have any head_way When we are constantly at eachother's throat?

My region,ND,want True federalism/Restructuring/Resource Control..

The SE are pushed to the wall and,understandably, are pushing for seccession..these are legitimate agitation.
The question now is,do u ppl have a different agitation?
Well if u do,then goodluck.
Have a great week.

1m of your people
And you can only reference 2 in Yoruba land
Nonsense
Did azikwe not support Nigeria to kill its own
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by plaetton: 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
fulanmafia:

Opposition to whom or to what ?
Opposition to savages and blood thirsty animals ?

You Have to stand on the same pedestal with someone in order reason or play Democratic politics.

You have never been equal to the task of playing civilized politics.
Politics for you means murder and force, .the primordial tendencies that run through your very primitive souls.

We are tired of having to condescend to accommodate your medieval mindset ilk.
This what you just don't seem to understand.

Now, you mentioned pigs and idiots.
Well, I assume that you award yourself the mastery of politics in Nigeria.
Good for you.
So how market ?
Your region records the LOWEST quality of life indices in the entire Planet.
Well done.

Now, who are the pigs and idiots in Nigeria ?
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
ODVanguard:
Unity beggar oshi. I don't understand how you, a supposed Yoruba man, can claim to know what is best for an igbo man than an igbo man. Is it by force? Can't you survive without igbos? Coz I don't understand the point of this sermon of yours for goodness sakes.

People like you are really making Yorubas look bad especially on this forum and I'm sick of that shyt. What igbos are asking for is within their right. Even Yorubas sef want restructuring (at the very least). We don't see your likes supporting restructuring on here, rather you will be attacking those that are advocating for either restructuring or secession. You need to get a life boy, coz you are an embarrassment and that's the truth.

If Igbo's want to leave, they are free to do so . The truth is that they won't even if you beg them to. I can assure you that Yoruba people won't join the north in attacking you people, except of course you people choose to play Ojukwu's stupid game by at tempting to charge westward again.

Recently , Arewa Youths demand they leave the north and they started begging to remain. So, who is the real coward.

Igbo's have collectively failed to develop the east with the little every state in Nigeria have been receiving from the centre, like the Yorubas have been doing over the years. Even the poorest state in Nigeria, Ekiti state is better run and developed more than any southeastern state, and now Igbo's want to blame everybody except themselves for their own failures.

Tell me which state especially in the south does not feel marginalized. Yet some states are still making efforts to grow and develop despite the situation.

Igbo's need to start thinking right. Igbo's need good leaders, not charlatans.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Lightening: 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
fulanmafia:

Your cashcow (the Zoo) is about to be wrecked and no amount of empty tirade or blackmail of genocide will spare that overused cow. So preach this sermon to the Northern alimajiri youth, that is, if UN has not closed in.

FYI, Igbos are not Yoruba, your darling slaves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Lightening: 1:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
fulanmafia:

Busted! You see your miserable empty life?
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
plaetton:

Opposition to whom or to what ?
Opposition to savages and blood thirsty animals ?

You Have to stand on the same pedestal with someone in order reason or play Democratic politics.

You have never been equal to the task of playing civilized politics.
Politics for you means murder and force, .the primordial tendencies that run through your very primitive souls.

We are tired of having to condescend to accommodate your medieval mindset ilk.
This what you just don't seem to understand.

Now, you mentioned pigs and idiots.
Well, I assume that you award yourself the mastery of politics in Nigeria.
Good for you.
So how market ?
Your region records the LOWEST quality of life indices in the entire Planet.
Well done.

If a fellow human being is an animal, what are you!

Your soul is is poisoned with hatred. You need to deal with the hatred in your heart.

This is how people who grow up being spoonfed with racism and ethnic hatred among their kinfolk talks.

Deal with the hatred and be free.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Lightening: 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2017
rlauncher:

If Igbo's want to leave, they are free to do so . The truth is that they won't even if you beg them to. I can assure you that Yoruba people won't join the north in attacking you people, except of course you people choose to play Ojukwu's stupid game by at tempting to charge westward again.

Recently , Arewa Youths demand they leave the north and they started begging to remain. So, who is the real coward.

Igbo's have collectively failed to develop the east with the little every state in Nigeria have been receiving from the centre, like the Yorubas have been doing over the years. Even the poorest state in Nigeria, Ekiti state is better run and developed more than any southeastern state, and now Igbo's want to blame everybody except themselves for their own failures.

Tell me which state especially in the south does not feel marginalized. Yet some states are still making efforts to grow and develop despite the situation.

Igbo's need to start thinking right. Igbo's need good leaders, not charlatans.

You obviously have never left our village in Oshogbo before. Hope Aregbesola has paid Jan 2017 salary to the impoverished Osun workers? Better run state my foot!
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by plaetton: 1:30pm On Sep 05, 2017
rlauncher:

If a fellow human being is an animal, what are you!

Your soul is is poisoned with hatred. You need to deal with the hatred in your heart.

This is how people who grow up being spoonfed with racism and ethnic hatred among their kinfolk talks.

Deal with the hatred and be free.

Hypocrite. undecided

I guess you are half-blind, and failed to see where fulanimafia first used the word "pig" to describe other people.

Again , go through the entire thread and see that it was fulimafia that first resorted to tribal slurs.
That is his trademark on Nairaland, in case you don't know.

I only served him a small taste of his own medicine, and rightfully put him in the little barn that he belongs.

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by plaetton: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2017
rlauncher:

Igbo's have collectively failed to develop the east with the little every state in Nigeria have been receiving from the centre, like the Yorubas have been doing over the years.

I laugh when I read stuff like this from a Yoruba, the so-called enlightened and sophisticated people.
I am relieved, however , when I remind myself that people like you cannot possibly be speaking for Yorubas, but for your little narrow minds.

I can bet anything that you have never ever crossed the Niger bridge, otherwise you would never come here to make a fool of yourself.
Now, considering and inspite of deliberate federal neglect since 1970, aside from Lagos, the former Capital and commercial hub of Nigeria, there is no Southwest State that can boast of higher standard of living index or indices than any SouthEast state. Ogun and Oyo states benefit from the proximity to Lagos. The rest are basket cases, just like many other states in Nigeria.

Do SouthWest staes have better leaders and administrators ?
Yes. I concede that.

rlauncher:

This is very very laughable ? grin grin grin
Very very.

So, you agree that Southern states are especially marginalized ?
HHMmmm!
But Marginalized by whom , and why ?
Isn't that only question worth asking and addressing ?

So, you are saying, like fulanimafia hinted earlier, that politically sophisticated people just relax , keep taking it up in the axx, don't complain, and just manage to make efforts to grow and develop, despite the situation(your own words).
GEEESUS! shocked
Simply amazing !! .

You see, that's why you are not IGBO, and probably can't ascend, even in another incarnation.

What amazes me is that most Igbophobes don't have the faintest idea what it means to be Igbo.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 2:39pm On Sep 05, 2017
hustlengetpaid:
What did u conquer brother?let me remind u
1.tinubu has been regulated to Lagos state and
2.osibanjo is just an ordinary commissioner

You don't get it. It is not about power grab . It is about being able to get things done. During PDP's rule;

1. Lagos sought permission to building power plant , FG killed it.

2. Southwestern states sought permission to build Metroliner from Lagos to Ibadan, FG killed the initiative.

3. Lagos sought permission to take over abandoned and rotting Federal projects and assets (not for free) which were intended
to be developed through private investments and made available for the use of Lagos residents as housing units and offices,
FG declined.

4. Former president, Good luck Jonathan refused permission to connect the Lagos mono rail orile section across the water front of the National
Theatre with the section that goes to the Marina, thereby stalling the project.

5. FG would not approve the construction of the 4th mainland bridge even though Lagos is not asking them to pay for it.

These and many others are the reason why we seek presence at the centre.

It's about having the freedom to get things done with the little we have. You can have power and not know what to do with it. Jonathan did not construct a single road in his hometown while in power. Likewise Obasanjo did not construct a single road in Abeokuta when he was in power, 1st and 2nd time. I'm not saying that politicians should cheat on other states while in power. There should be equitable distribution of capital projects.

Recently, Lagos State Government has been given the go ahead to build its own 3000MW electricity embedded plants across the state which would not have been possible under the PDP. I sincerely hope Igbo people won't start complaining tomorrow about marginalization.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by fulanmafia: 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
Lightening:

Busted! You see your miserable empty life?

Coming from a lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

How ironic grin
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by fulanmafia: 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2017
plaetton:

You're damn right we aren't on the same political pedestal.

@ bolded...Erm...you are the NK acclaimed P's and I's.

Don't take it personal, you Lord and master Lil Kenny labelled you so.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2017
plaetton:

I laugh when I read stuff like this from a Yoruba, the so-called enlightened and sophisticated people.
I am relieved, however , when I remind myself that people like you cannot possibly be speaking for Yorubas, but for your little narrow minds.

I can bet anything that you have never ever crossed the Niger bridge, otherwise you would never come here to make a fool of yourself.
Now, considering and inspite of deliberate federal neglect since 1970, aside from Lagos, the former Capital and commercial hub of Nigeria, there is no Southwest State that can boast of higher standard of living index or indices than any SouthEast state. Ogun and Oyo states benefit from the proximity to Lagos. The rest are basket cases, just like many other states in Nigeria.

Do SouthWest staes have better leaders and administrators ?
Yes. I concede that.

This is very very laughable ? grin grin grin
Very very.

So, you agree that Southern states are especially marginalized ?
HHMmmm!
But Marginalized by whom , and why ?
Isn't that only question worth asking and addressing ?

So, you are saying, like fulanimafia hinted earlier, that politically sophisticated people just relax , keep taking it up in the axx, don't complain, and just manage to make efforts to grow and develop, despite the situation(your own words).
GEEESUS! shocked
Simply amazing !! .

You see, that's why you are not IGBO, and probably can't ascend, even in another incarnation.

What amazes me is that most Igbophobes don't have the faintest idea what it means to be Igbo.

The reason why Yoruba states are generally doing better than Igbo states is because while the Igbo's are allowing the marginalization to weigh them down, thereby resulting in gross underdevelopment of their region, the Yoruba's are determined to keep trudging forward in growth and development in spite of it.

We are very positive people. Though progress seem to be slow, in time we will attain our destiny as a people within this same Nigerian context other ethnic groups are lamenting about. We see every obstacle as stepping stones to destiny, not obstructive mountains.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
Lightening:

This guy is pathetic. How did you conquer? By producing a common coordinator of a vice president? How did the Yoruba nation avenge these evils done to those you listed? By still accepting to be slaves to the same people that decimated your leaders? Igbos can never emulate slavery.

Sorry to say. This is what we Yoruba people generally know . Igbo's are suffering from inferiority complex. For us, it is not about position or power. It is about freedom and liberty to get things done with the little we have until we eventually get the nation restructured.

It is about achieving our goals and objectives.

It is sad that it seems Igbo's don't have any goal and objectives apart from Biafra. This will further leads to more underdevelopment for the Igbo states and more cries of marginalization.

We Yoruba's don't fool ourselves. FG cannot develop the states. We put our own destiny inour own hands.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
Lightening:

You don't know history. We the Yorubas are the reason why the Muslim north have failed to conquer the southern part of Nigeria today. We handed the invading Sokoto Jihadists two heavy defeats in our last two wars.

Had we been defeated, the rest of southern Nigeria would have been captured with ease.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2017
ThugCheetah:
i am yoruba like u...but truth be told, with all our "warlords and gods of war" our obas were still chased away by 15year old mini skirt wearing Dahomey girls grin

Stop twisting history . They were completely crushed. Never to be seen again.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 3:38pm On Sep 05, 2017
eunisam:
Igbos are not emulators, they are creators

Good . Go back to igboland and develop it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fresh Moves To Ease Magu Out Unfounded – EFCC Spokesman / The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. / Attending College In Eastern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.