Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once (5082 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Has Been Telling Yorubas For Months "Your Son Osibanjo Is Very Sick" / Other Nigerians Should Emulate South-West Political Maturity - President Buhari / Igbos' unfair blame Of Yorubas For the Failure Of the Biafran Experiment . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
attackgat:

All that and you people are still begging the Northern oligarchy for restructuring? Your people are begging for something that belongs to them?

Which brain and brawns? How can the Yoruba man be begging the Hausa man for control of his own land?

That is what a coward does, he begs for his right rather than demand it.

You are a warmonger.

Continued dialogue is the way forward. Stop inciting vio!ence. Igbo's can never succeed in manipulating us into starting a war. We understand the meaning of all the name calling- afonja, Fulani slaves etc. It won't work. We are not fools . We can see through it all. The underlining intentions. are very clear.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
Lightening:

You obviously have never left our village in Oshogbo before. Hope Aregbesola has paid Jan 2017 salary to the impoverished Osun workers? Better run state my foot!

Problem caused by recent recession which will soon go away.

Everybody knows that the poorest Southwestern state have more road networks than the richest southeastern states.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
Lightening:

You obviously have never left our village in Oshogbo before. Hope Aregbesola has paid Jan 2017 salary to the impoverished Osun workers? Better run state my foot!

Everybody knows that the poorest Southwestern state have more road network than the richest southeastern states.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2017
plaetton:

Hypocrite. undecided

I guess you are half-blind, and failed to see where fulanimafia first used the word "pig" to describe other people.

Again , go through the entire thread and see that it was fulimafia that first resorted to tribal slurs.
That is his trademark on Nairaland, in case you don't know.

I only served him a small taste of his own medicine, and rightfully put him in the little barn that he belongs.

I'm completely aware of the tribalism of an average northerner( not all of them though). Two wrongs does not make anything right. Choose to be good to all men.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Mujtahida: 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2017
fulanmafia:

You can only be poked in the *** when you're someone's b*tch tongue

Nobody expected pigs and idiots to understand opposition politics. Nobody.
Baba I hail. Such savagery, such brutality. Easy ooo.

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
So, you are saying, like fulanimafia hinted earlier, that politically sophisticated people just relax , keep taking it up in the axx, don't complain, and just manage to make efforts to grow and develop, despite the situation(your own words).
GEEESUS! shocked
Simply amazing !! .

You see, that's why you are not IGBO, and probably can't ascend, even in another incarnation.

What amazes me is that most Igbophobes don't have the faintest idea what it means to be Igbo. [/quote]

Igbo's appears to us as a people who act before they think. A people who believes violence must first be met with violence. Warmongers. I may be wrong. For us war should be avoided at any cost. That does not mean that we will not stand up to those who may seek to engage us in war. We are not afraid of anyone, and we are always at alert. We will never be the one to initiate war or using warfare or violence of any kind to pursue our agenda. It is not worth it.
Yorubas, we believe in pursuing our goals peacefully, patiently.

It won't be long before the Southwestern states especially Lagos , Ogun and Oyo are earning more than the FG. Slow and steady wins the race.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Mujtahida: 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
fulanmafia:

You're damn right we aren't on the same political pedestal.

@ bolded...Erm...you are the NK acclaimed P's and I's.

Don't take it personal, you Lord and master Lil Kenny labelled you so.
You are damn too acerbic, so corrosive. Your darts are quick and poisonous. It's okay. Just go, abeg you. Spare the rod, let the child spoil. Just go.

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by captleonerd(m): 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2017
Lightening:

I know the yoruba history is replete with very sore losses and defeats from the Fulani. But the assaults i referenced in my response were the ones that happened in recent history. You are explaining failures as usual. It keeps robbing your people of their dignity or what remains if it.
sore losses indeed grin so the Fulani didn't encounter resistance and they just decided to stop advancing and settle for Ilorin only grin go school you no gree.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
Baawaa:
We were in Opposition for long in the SW, Our Leader AWOLOWO was jailed, Abiola Election was annulled, he was killed, his wife was killed, his business was killed. Ajasin was put under house arrest, Abraham Adesanya was shot and the bullets went like raindrops, Bola Ige was murdered in Ibadan, our elections were rigged with provoking audacity, Tinubu was attacked politically and almost brought down but we fought without destroying Nigeria. We conquered without silly blackmail!!!!!!

There is a country called NIGERIA and DEMOCRACY has come to stay, if you can't play with common sense, you will just die of hypocritical ranting!
Abiola was jailed and killed according to you but Yorubas did nothing to show support while he was unlawfully detained.

Awolowo betrayed his friends for his own selfish reasons and that singular act has led to the hausa dominance and he cast aside.

Bola Ige was killed while Obasanjo was in power, so you didnt do anything.

Tinubu and APC brought our current predicament on us.

Are these what you want igbos to emulate?

If you have got nothing resonable to say, just keep quiet
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by plaetton: 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2017
rlauncher:

Igbo's appears to us as a people who act before they think. A people who believes violence must first be met with violence. Warmongers. I may be wrong. For us war should be avoided at any cost. That does not mean that we will not stand up to those who may seek to engage us in war. We are not afraid of anyone, and we are always at alert. We will never be the one to initiate war or using warfare or violence of any kind to pursue our agenda. It is not worth it.

My dear friend, please read and reread your post again. Pls.

This is the problem I have with your type.
You are either less than 15 yrs old or simply a liar.

And this is the main reason your masters deliberately refrain from teaching you basic Nigerian history in schools.

If case you are more than 15 yrs old, kindly point to us any instance in the history of Nigeria where Igbos have used or resorted to violence to achieve anything ?
Was it not the Violence and confusion in the West that laid the ground for the 1966 military coup in Nigeria, and the subsequent events that led to the Civil war ?
Was it not the political Violence in West 1983, and the agitation for fall of the Shagari government by non other than Awolowo and his UPN that gave the Buhari the impetus to overthrow the democratic government of Shagari ?
Was it not Awolowo that was the first Nigerian jailed for Treason against his nation, simply because he could not stand being outside of power ?

How many political riots and mass killings have you ever heard or read about in Igboland ?
How many genocides of other tribes or communities has been committed in Igboland since the amalgamation of Nigeria ?

When have the Igbos ever declared war on anyone , group or ethnic region ?

And you have the idiocy, the foul lying mouth , to refer to Igbos as a violent people ? grin undecided
In what planet ?

This stuuupid, self-deprecating notion that you must stay cool and collected while nonentities, people who should be shinning your shoes, poke your axx, because you want political porridge is very very disgraceful, a nauseating state of mind.

And let me repeat again, that's why you are not Igbo, and do not know what it is to be Igbo.

We don't envy you and your political porridge.
We want to be masters of our destiny.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Ovamboland(m): 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2017
SaiNigeria:
Igbos will emulate the Yorubas only when Ilorin is recovered from the Fulanis

Ibos had no town anybody wanted to conquer. You only go after something with value. That explains why they can only make it when they abandon their own land and nobody wants to go there

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2017
plaetton:

My dear friend, please read and reread your post again. Pls.

This is the problem I have with your type.
You are either less than 15 yrs old or simply a liar.

And this is the main reason your masters deliberately refrain from teaching you basic Nigerian history in schools.

If case you are more than 15 yrs old, kindly point to us any instance in the history of Nigeria where Igbos have used or resorted to violence to achieve anything ?
Was it not the Violence and confusion in the West that laid the ground for the 1966 military coup in Nigeria, and the subsequent events that led to the Civil war ?
Was it not the political Violence in West 1983, and the agitation for fall of the Shagari government by non other than Awolowo and his UPN that gave the Buhari the impetus to overthrow the democratic government of Shagari ?
Was it not Awolowo that was the first Nigerian jailed for Treason against his nation, simply because he could not stand being outside of power ?

How many political riots and mass killings have you ever heard or read about in Igboland ?
How many genocides of other tribes or communities has been committed in Igboland since the amalgamation of Nigeria ?

When have the Igbos ever declared war on anyone , group or ethnic region ?

And you have the idiocy, the foul lying mouth , to refer to Igbos as a violent people ? grin undecided
In what planet ?

This stuuupid, self-deprecating notion that you must stay cool and collected while nonentities, people who should be shinning your shoes, poke your axx, because you want political porridge is very very disgraceful, a nauseating state of mind.

And let me repeat again, that's why you are not Igbo, and do not know what it is to be Igbo.

We don't envy you and your political porridge.
We want to be masters of our destiny.

Stop twisting history.

Most of what you Igbo's often write about the history of Yoruba people are pure blatant lies. You always try to badmouth us on the internet hoping to manipulate us to think and act like you. That has been failing and it will continue to fail.

You people are trying to start another civil war by giving support to a dark minded man calling for Igbos to take up arms against the Federal Republic ,calling the country a zoo and its citizens animals. What is that to you. Is that not a call to violence!

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by rlauncher(m): 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
attackgat:

Do you know why most Igbos consider Yorubas to be a tribe of cowards? Because you people have never risen to fight or even confront the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy that is emasculating Nigeria.

That is why in the south of Nigeria, nobody will stand shoulder to shoulder with Yorubas for everyone knows you people have no fight in you.

We need people who stand up to the North, not those who beg for restructuring and make excuses for a failed ONE NIGERIA.

Olodo! Go learn from history.

We have fought three major wars against the Fulani Invaders. We lost the first and won the last two, and it still pains them till today.

Ibadan meaning war camp was formed by nearly every tribe in Yorubaland with the purpose of defending Yorubaland against the invading Sokoto Jihadists, hoping to take over the land after securing Ilorin by subterfuge , killing Afonja the Yoruba rebel and traitor in the process.

The Yoruba forces who were well prepared after what happened in the previous war which they lost because of Afonja treachery, inflicted the biggest defeat on the invading Jihadists in 1840AD, pushing them out of Yorubaland back into Ilorin which they had already secured.

The use of canons and guns imported from Europe through the sea gave the Yorubas the upper hand.

Ilorin technically was restored back to Yorubaland when the British amalgamated the Northern and Southern protectorate in 1909.

Our military effort against northern invaders is why you still have big mouth to brag and insult us on nairaland today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Ovamboland(m): 5:19am On Sep 06, 2017
plaetton:

I laugh when I read stuff like this from a Yoruba, the so-called enlightened and sophisticated people.
I am relieved, however , when I remind myself that people like you cannot possibly be speaking for Yorubas, but for your little narrow minds.

I can bet anything that you have never ever crossed the Niger bridge, otherwise you would never come here to make a fool of yourself.
Now, considering and inspite of deliberate federal neglect since 1970, aside from Lagos, the former Capital and commercial hub of Nigeria, there is no Southwest State that can boast of higher standard of living index or indices than any SouthEast state. Ogun and Oyo states benefit from the proximity to Lagos. The rest are basket cases, just like many other states in Nigeria.

Do SouthWest staes have better leaders and administrators ?
Yes. I concede that.

This is very very laughable ? grin grin grin
Very very.

So, you agree that Southern states are especially marginalized ?
HHMmmm!
But Marginalized by whom , and why ?
Isn't that only question worth asking and addressing ?

So, you are saying, like fulanimafia hinted earlier, that politically sophisticated people just relax , keep taking it up in the axx, don't complain, and just manage to make efforts to grow and develop, despite the situation(your own words).
GEEESUS! shocked
Simply amazing !! .

You see, that's why you are not IGBO, and probably can't ascend, even in another incarnation.

What amazes me is that most Igbophobes don't have the faintest idea what it means to be Igbo.

How come you just realised you are Ibo and brave only after Jonathan lost an election? That's complete lack of candour and magnanimity. The truth is if Buhari had picked a SE person as vice this noise will not be so loud.

Just like Diezani successfully hid her cancer from the public when she was in government but threw it in our face when power was lost and accusations mounted.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 06, 2017
attackgat:

We need people who stand up to the North, not those who beg for restructuring and make excuses for a failed ONE NIGERIA.

Come back when you find Anambra's GDP

Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by Lightening: 9:51am On Sep 06, 2017
rlauncher:

Everybody knows that the poorest Southwestern state have more road networks than the richest southeastern states.

Recession you said? We are not in recession in SE. The wages ate paid as at when due. No need for bailout. Yet you think SW is run better?
Re: Why The Igbos Should Emulate The Yorubas For Once by mrskillz: 12:18pm On Jan 01, 2018
futurism:

You only ended up proofing one thing: Yorubas have no balls to challenge the status quo. They have no courage chart a new course, They don't have the faith in trying something new by another approach...

Insanity is doing same thing over and over again and expecting a different result--unknown.

Yorubas are NOTHING but the mole in the south as far as the future of this country is concerned. The day yoruba will decide to challenge the Status quo, challenge the North... is the day this country will move forward and the North put where they belong.

This is the typical mindset of every Igbo man. They know the west will have to lead the challenge of the Northern Oligarchy, but they are too selfish to support them, too arrongant and boastful to let them see reason in a civil way.

What am saying is, until they change their style of approach, the domination they so much loathe, will continue unabated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paul Arkwright Asks Boris Johnson To Boost Trade And Investment With Nigeria / Southeast NASS Caucus Condemns Killings, Destruction In Igbo Land / I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.