Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 (44218 Views)

Meet Deji Ogunsakin, Kolapo Olusola Eleka's Running Mate / Kolapo Olusola Eleka Is PDP Candidate For The Ekiti Governorship Election / Fayose: "I Chose Kolapo Olusola To Succeed Me In Line With God's Leading" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by mideactive: 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2017
I think APC should present a new sellable face,Segun oni,fayemi n d likes very wrong for d state.fayose has just throw a technical jab.

1 Like

Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2017
Bolustical:
This election will be a fight-to-finish between Fayose and the APC

No GEJ No Army, No Dasuki, No Obanikoro!

It will likely be very bloody.

You forgot so many things. There would be no arrest of APC tactical leaders on the midnight of the election , Chris Uba will not be around to strategise with security agents on implementation of presidential order

2 Likes

Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Abeos(m): 9:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
Evaberry:

Lol

That's Joseph olushola father.

Seems jo's dad is gonna be a governor soon.

lemme go call him and say hi.

This man is very disciplined, he will be good for ekiti

Daddy congrats sir

hmmm are you a student of OAU?
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by AlwaysUltraPad: 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2017
tuniski:

Pdp will floor apc as an affirmation of Fayose's popular mandate!
we shall see. You said that in edo and ondo and we know what happened.

2 Likes

Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by oruma19: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2017
celebsnestblawg:

Ekiti State Deputy Governor, Prof. Kolapo Olusola, has emerged as the consensus candidate for the Peoples Democratic Party in the 2018 governorship election.

Olusola emerged from the list of strong contenders for the governorship ticket as the “most preferred candidate” at a meeting held on Wednesday by party bigwigs in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State capital.

The meeting was attended by serving and former members of the PDP State Working Committee, members of the Ekiti State House of Assembly, chieftains of the party at the 16 local governments and 177 wards, as well as Chairmen and members of Boards and Parastatals among others.

Olusola, an indigene of Ikere Ekiti which is the second largest town in Ekiti, was adopted before the commencement of a retreat organised for members to sensitise them ahead of the 2018 election.

The adoption of the deputy governor, who is a professor of Building Technology from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State, was the major decision reached at the party’s stakeholders meeting.

The communique issued at the end of the meeting read, “After due consultation, without prejudice to the provisions of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended), we formally endorse His Excellency, Prof Kolapo Olusola (the current deputy governor), from Ekiti South Senatorial District, as our preferred aspirant/candidate.”

Those who signed the communique are Anifowose Mustapha for Councillors, Alhaji Amuda Sunmonu for Ward Chairmen; Mr Femi Bamisile for Local Government Party Chairmen; Dapo Olagunju for Association of Local Government Chairmen, Senator Bode Ola for Chairmen of Boards and Parastatals, Dr Modupe Alade (Secretary to the State Government) for State Executive Council, Speaker Kolawole Oluwawole for EKHA and the State Chairman of the party, Chief Gboyega Oguntuase.

Speaking with journalists after the adoption, Oguntuase said the party organs would abide by the decision taken by the stakeholders in the overall interest of the party and the entire people of Ekiti State.

He, however, said that the adoption would not preclude any member of the party that was interested in the governorship ticket from contesting.

https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/governor-fayoses-deputy-emerges-pdp-governorship-candidate/
But I remember Fayose after his swearing in as governor telling ekiti people that he and his deputy have agreed to spend just one term and go. I can't believe Fayose will not keep to his word. Politicians are liars. I used to believe Ayodele Fayose until today... We are in big shit with Nigerian politicians, they are all birds of a feather.....liars

2 Likes

Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by AlwaysUltraPad: 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2017
krendo:
Nigerian politicians are in the habit of antagonising their deputy

For Fayose to encourage his deputy and for his deputy to emerge means they have good working relationship

I think that shows Fayose has a large heart and understand what loyalty means
he did it on time to keep others at bay to avoid factional frictions. Good step. But , it's risky to make your preferred candidate known months before election. People might work to tear them apart or do everything to tarnish the image of the man. Opposition will deal with this man from now onwards .

This man has not been saying anything or insulting anyone to please Fayose like Lere olayinka and others and he still got the nod of the governor. I'm sure he's a good guy.
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Daboomb: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
Bolustical:
Ekiti people are yet to see hell

Fayose ruling by proxy

Same tactics, distribute rice and kerosene

And wallah, the votes come in

That will be foolishness repeating itself.

Fayose needs someone he can trust to cover-up his looting of Ekiti State, who better than his Looting Deputy?

2 Likes

Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Stbottle(m): 10:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
slurity1:
A lecturer can be with over 4 university a time especially the Professors

Covenant university does not allow for lecturers to do that except he is on sabatical, which is strictly monitored for the purpose of research

1 Like

Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
If Buhari should now act like GEJ arrest tactical PDP officials that will coordinate party officials at polling booths in midnight to election in a commando way, prevent other PDP national officers from coming to Ekiti for moral support and bring very high number of soldiers & security agents & APC chieftains & financiers on a mission to fight for the commander in chief .

I am sure Fayose cannot survive or his gragra will lead him to commit felony. The last election, Fayemi was held hostage. There was a directive that Oshiomhole & Amaechi should be prevented from entering Ekiti by all means while Chris Uba & different caucus of PDP dominated Ekiti, APC tactical leaders were arrested midnight to election. PDP won all local govts.

Buhari is a matured man & cannot abuse power.

1 Like

Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by reafnet(m): 10:27pm On Sep 06, 2017
Congratulations, Ekiti people.
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Gee77(f): 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2017
[quote author=ninocia18 post=60196944]PDP still rules and will rule Ekiti State. [/uquote]

I second it
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Daboomb: 11:07pm On Sep 06, 2017
babaolofin:
If Buhari should now act like GEJ arrest tactical PDP officials that will coordinate party officials at polling booths in midnight to election in a commando way, prevent other PDP national officers from coming to Ekiti for moral support and bring very high number of soldiers & security agents & APC chieftains & financiers on a mission to fight for the commander in chief .

I am sure Fayose cannot survive or his gragra will lead him to commit felony. The last election, Fayemi was held hostage. There was a directive that Oshiomhole & Amaechi should be prevented from entering Ekiti by all means while Chris Uba & different caucus of PDP dominated Ekiti, APC tactical leaders were arrested midnight to election. PDP won all local govts.

Buhari is a matured man & cannot abuse power.

It is not 'maturity', Buhari is as usual, naive about Nigerian Politics.
That is how he allowed that Saraki-ole, to out maneuvre him.

Buhari should give free hands to the likes of OBJ and Tinubu, who are Political gladiators, to deliver Ekiti to APC otherwise, they will allow this criminal called Fayose to escape with all his attrocities.

The is no 'gentleman' in Nigerian Politics. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by bakila: 11:41pm On Sep 06, 2017
Evaberry:

This man is very disciplined, he will be good for ekiti

Daddy congrats sir
Fayose no go like that kind person when he assumes office.
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by mowapa(m): 11:58pm On Sep 06, 2017
Another kwara like governor. .my Oga at the top will know..
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by menstrualpad: 11:58pm On Sep 06, 2017
gentleman100:
what is this idiot saying, do you stay here in ekiti?
Ode
You don't have a voters card!
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Emimade: 12:28am On Sep 07, 2017
wat a good leader
Carry on with the legacy of Oshokomole(Iroko)
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 07, 2017
Mm
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by TundeHashim(m): 12:58am On Sep 07, 2017
krendo:

For Fayose to encourage his deputy and for his deputy to emerge means they have good working relationship

It's most like and almost certain they'll fall apart. Every deputy governor in Nigeria who succeeds the governor always fall apart with their bosses (gov). Wamakko (sokoto), shinkafi (zamfara) and now ganduje (kano) all fell out with their bosses. doubt this will be an exception
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Nellybii: 1:40am On Sep 07, 2017
Bibi294:

Keep receiving yourself.... How would Ekiti people vote for an unrecognised deputy as the next governor.... Bro, kolewerk....
You think we people want to be slaves to the same set of people?

I can bet you most(90%)of the people commenting here have never been to Ekiti. Some have never even travelled outside the SE before. Why wasn't a primary conducted?. Fayose again handpicked a candidate just like he handpicked every single political office holder in Ekiti from councillor to state assembly house members. He is even the current speaker. Haven't they wondered why they are hearing the name of a whole Professor and deputy governor to such a noisy Governor for the 1st time after 3 years in office? Majority of Ekiti are tired of this dictatorship and one man show and just keeping quiet to protect their lives and patently waiting till few months time when they will send these rubberducks and their owner packing. Never again.

1 Like

Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Nellybii: 1:43am On Sep 07, 2017
slurity1:
Your own governor that did not distribute rice and kerosene, what have you got from him?As for Fayose, he paid for my O level exam (ssce) for the whole state, he gave me (scholarship) 50,000 trice as an undergraduate that has above 3.50cgpa in all Nigeria institutions ( so far you are from Ekiti), he also gave me 60,000 (scholarship) which is part of the money I used to pay for my Master program. Please, tell me what your own good governor has done for you. Am all ears

Liar which school what session?
Anyway any tout can type on a faceless mesium.
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Nobody: 1:59am On Sep 07, 2017
Way to go...a young brilliant successor. This man trasformed building tech in Nigeria. One of the most respectable builder in Nigeria. Other SW govs.needed to learn from this, not just installing stooge.
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Bibi294(f): 2:00am On Sep 07, 2017
Nellybii:

I can bet you most(90%)of the people commenting here have never been to Ekiti. Some have never even travelled outside the SE before. Why wasn't a primary conducted?. Fayose again handpicked a candidate just like he handpicked every single political office holder in Ekiti from councillor to state assembly house members. He is even the current speaker. Haven't they wondered why they are hearing the name of a whole Professor and deputy governor to such a noisy Governor for the 1st time after 3 years in office? Majority of Ekiti are tired of this dictatorship and one man show and just keeping quiet to protect their lives and patently waiting till few months time when they will send these rubberducks and their owner packing. Never again.
Abi o....
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Nobody: 3:29am On Sep 07, 2017
I was surprised to hear that a Professor is the Deputy Governor of Ekiti State. This is a come & chop position. Sequel to this selection, most people never knew he existed as deputy governor.

I think, PMB should use GEJ method for the election as somebody just reminded me that maturity & decency are not ideal for Nigerian politics. Last Ekiti gov election was an area boys & traders display of presidential power. The tension created by that election on nairaland was high to the effect that nairaland server was attacked & offline for some hours on the day of the election before it came back later. During this period, APC tactical leaders had been kidnapped midnight to election. Very high number of military & security officials in a small state like Ekiti on a presidential mission while APC governors are warned not to come on solidarity visit or they will be dealt with.

It was a jamboree for PDP.

I am repeating this episode to remind Kwankwanso, Oshiomhole, Amaechi & the rest on how GEJ held fayemi hostage for Fayose. Will a payback not be good for him.

Also, PMB should remember the National Assembly mistake
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by tuniski: 4:27am On Sep 07, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
we shall see. You said that in edo and ondo and we know what happened.
We sure knew what happened in Ondo and Edo where PDP undo itself courtesy Ali Modu Sheriff. Now a united PDP in ekiti will do the needful. Wake up bro the undercurrents have changed!

1 Like

Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Nobody: 5:03am On Sep 07, 2017
Stbottle:

Covenant university does not allow for lecturers to do that except he is on sabatical, which is strictly monitored for the purpose of research
well tgere are very few prof of building tech around... If i am not mistaken he was the first in OAU
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Nobody: 5:08am On Sep 07, 2017
babaolofin:
I was surprised to hear that a Professor is the Deputy Governor of Ekiti State. This is a come & chop position. Sequel to this selection, most people never knew he existed as deputy governor.

I think, PMB should use GEJ method for the election as somebody just reminded me that maturity & decency are not ideal for Nigerian politics. Last Ekiti gov election was an area boys & traders display of presidential power. The tension created by that election on nairaland was high to the effect that nairaland server was attacked & offline for some hours on the day of the election before it came back later. During this period, APC tactical leaders had been kidnapped midnight to election. Very high number of military & security officials in a small state like Ekiti on a presidential mission while APC governors are warned not to come on solidarity visit or they will be dealt with.

It was a jamboree for PDP.

I am repeating this episode to remind Kwankwanso, Oshiomhole, Amaechi & the rest on how GEJ held fayemi hostage for Fayose. Will a payback not be good for him.

Also, PMB should remember the National Assembly mistake
guy 16-0 no be fluke. Fayemi na wash...worst among Buhari poor ministers. You can only rig election where you are popular.

3 Likes

Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Nobody: 5:16am On Sep 07, 2017
Bibi294:

Keep receiving yourself.... How would Ekiti people vote for an unrecognised deputy as the next governor.... Bro, kolewerk....
You think we people want to be slaves to the same set of people?
u kept on repeating unrecognize deputy... Na so Ekiti big reach that people will not know an Ikere born deputy governor. Go bring Afe babalola nah to come contest.
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by gentleman100(m): 5:23am On Sep 07, 2017
menstrualpad:
You don't have a voters card!
lol!!!!!!!!
See this one
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by pfadom: 5:40am On Sep 07, 2017
It doesn't always work that way.

Rabiu Kwakwanso's deputy, Ganduje is the current Kano Governor, yet they are now like cat and mouse. Didn't you read of the bloody clash between their supporters?

Abiodun Olujimi, a serving Ekiti senator, was Fayose's deputy 2003 -2006, and she enjoyed his support become senator. They presently don't see eye-to-Eyre simply because she eyes the government house in 2018.

Don't trust human being...

I don't know what will happen when they solemnize their agreement at the Ekiti version of Okija shrine.

krendo:

Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by JegaQuin: 6:33am On Sep 07, 2017
krendo:

you are fooling yourself! fayose chose his deputy because he need to cover up his track! simple!
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by AlwaysUltraPad: 7:08am On Sep 07, 2017
tuniski:

We sure knew what happened in Ondo and Edo where PDP undo itself courtesy Ali Modu Sheriff. Now a united PDP in ekiti will do the needful. Wake up bro the undercurrents have changed!
we shall see.
Re: Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 07, 2017
Nalikedis:
guy 16-0 no be fluke. Fayemi na wash...worst among Buhari poor ministers. You can only rig election where you are popular.

So the popularity is what made the rigging possible. Was that an election? Even in Osun State where Aregbesola won narrowly because of rascality & the support of late Senator Adeleke & Oyinlola , that is not an election. A governorship candidate using mask man as security orderly & mask men used to kidnap opponent hours to election .
If the Osun State election had taken place ahead of Ekiti election, Omisore could have won easily & Fayemi would have still lost Ekiti because he is a well polished, refined & gentleman. The people of Osun laid down their lives against GEJ.

So it is popularity that made Bola Ige to be defeated by Olunloyo & Ajasin to be defeated by Omoboriowo. ? A payback should be given to him. Well APC should try the same method. I can see treason & felony coming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Because Of Cow': Daily Trust Apologizes OverHate Speech Report, Nigerians React / Boko Haram 'Takes Over' Michik In Adamawa - Sahara Reporters / Barrister Oluseyi Ojo Is Dead (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.