Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,303 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

The Omnipresent God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Omnipresent God. (335 Views)

Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? / Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent How True? / Is Mary Omnipresent Like God That She Can Hear All Those Praying To Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Omnipresent God. by jmsmith(m): 8:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
Hello Friends.
Omnipresent - present in all possible locations at once.
In reference to the biblical God,
who is deemed to be Omnipresent. If said entity was to be in all possible places at once, said entity would occupy every single occupiable location in both the cosmic and the quantum. Every component, of every thing would be entirely occupied by one thing. Therefore everything would have no other ingredients than this sole- entity.
Would not everything then be ONE thing? leading to the truth that - everything is said entity.
If god is everywhere, then God is
Everything, And if God is everything, then everything is God?

If X= Everywhere, then X= everything, If X= everything, then
everything= X.

If I am a thing amongst the sum
total of everything - I must be God, like you and gluons and nebula and even (although this defies all logic) Gordon Brown
Please can someone reveal the flaw in this - I can't. Thanks.
Re: The Omnipresent God. by Joha21: 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2017
Misconceptions about omnipresence

Misconception: God is present everywhere in creation.

Fact: God dwells neither on the earth nor elsewhere in the physical universe. (1 Kings 8:​27) It is true that the stars and other creative works “are declaring the glory of God.” (Psalm 19:1) However, God does not inhabit his creation any more than an artist lives in his painting. Still, a painting can tell us something about the artist who made it. Similarly, the visible world tells us about the Creator’s “invisible qualities,” such as his power, wisdom, and love.​—Romans 1:​20.

Misconception: God must be omnipresent in order to know all things and be all-powerful.

Fact: God’s holy spirit, or active force, is God’s power in action. Through his holy spirit, God can perceive and do anything, anywhere, at any time, without being present in person.​—Psalm 139:7.

Misconception: Psalm 139:8 teaches that God is omnipresent by saying: “If I were to ascend to heaven, you would be there, and if I were to make my bed in the Grave, look! you would be there.”

Fact: This scripture is not talking about God’s location. It poetically teaches that no place is too remote for God to act in our behalf.

jw.org

So no, God is NOT omnipresent.

(1) (Reply)

The Church / LETTER TO Mbaka..no One Is Perfect / Love Until It Hurts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.