Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,844 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie (21991 Views)

Lady Tells Hubby She's No Longer In Love After He Sponsored Her Education In UK / Lady To Pay Every Dime Spent To Sponsor Her Education After She Refused Marriage / Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by happney65: 9:30am On Sep 09, 2017
I have said it times without number..Do not spend any money you cannot afford to lose on a woman that isn't your wife..Most of the folks that do this are people who struggle to give that lady the little they earn..If you earn really big you can afford to do anyhow for a woman that will appreciate it..However even at that there must be a limit...

I have a policy..I cant spend more than I can afford to lose to a woman I am not married to..For goodness sake why should I?I just look at guys that pay school fees of girlfriends..feed them,pay rents,I mean basically footing hee bills..Why should I?Shey na me born you?Noooo..I will do the little I can if you are in need..not carrying all ur bills 100%..

I don't even date ladies like that who think a Man should be paying their bills for what..Bae is from a middle class family..Her parents pay her sch fees,pay her hostel fee..feed her,pocket money etc..Whatever I do for her is just added and it isn't what she asks I MUST DO.This is a girl I intend to marry and both families already know each other..so what the hell

I think guys who do this suffer from inferiority complex sha..

10 Likes

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by Kaybaba5(m): 9:32am On Sep 09, 2017
vizkiz:

Why will you sponsor someone who isn't your wife in the first place?

Only a stupìd fella does that.
Seconded

Even if u have it excess why can't u do it for ur siblings. They will appreciate it rather than outsider
Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by evy1(m): 9:32am On Sep 09, 2017
Op not all ladies are ungrateful, for me I don't help cos I need payback..same way I will help my female friend or gf is the same way I will help my male friends out.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by MrDoGood(m): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2017
Its optional.
What worked for you might not work for others.
I don't seek opinion from people about my relationship.
I do what I think its good
Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by ceejeck(m): 9:36am On Sep 09, 2017
[/color][color=#000099]
imustsaymymindo:

It could not have been said any better.

Your first pargraph is the proper way of showing help.

The second paragraph with the mutual understanding thingy is no more giving but a contract. Such should be dealt by a court i.e the boyfriend/girlfriend sign an agreement of "I help you, you marry me".

To cap it all, one of the biggest problems we have that is making Nigeria not progress today is self-centeredness. We enter government positions - we only want to help our families, we are blessed -we only want to help people we can benefit from in return, Boko haram is in Borno -what's my business with that as a Lagosian?

If you see how people risk their lives for strangers, bless people selflessly in some parts of the world you would be surprised.

@op, if you are blessed and can gallantly sponsor anyone who does not have the means, be it your boyfriend, stranger or what not, please do it. If everyone gives like this, watch the reduction in crime, the more patriotic people would be.... etc. If the table turns around though and you happen to be the one who needs help from who you have offered help before and there is no reciprocal, such is life. Move on!

@op, you should be putting up posts that would attract benevolence, not one that would spoil people's minds.
imustsaymymindo:

The second paragraph with the mutual understanding thingy is no more giving but a contract. Such should be dealt by a court i.e the boyfriend/girlfriend sign an agreement of "I help you, you marry me".

To cap it all, one of the biggest problems we have that is making Nigeria not progress today is self-centeredness. We enter government positions - we only want to help our families, we are blessed -we only want to help people we can benefit from in return, Boko haram is in Borno -what's my business with that as a Lagosian?

If you see how people risk their lives for strangers, bless people selflessly in some parts of the world you would be surprised.

@op, if you are blessed and can gallantly sponsor anyone who does not have the means, be it your boyfriend, stranger or what not, please do it. If everyone gives like this, watch the reduction in crime, the more patriotic people would be.... etc. If the table turns around though and you happen to be the one who needs help from who you have offered help before and there is no reciprocal, such is life. Move on!

@op, you should be putting up posts that would attract benevolence, not one that would spoil people's minds.
imustsaymymindo:

That the Holy Spirit that spoke those words through u..
We really need to grow...

Am still learning on selfless giving.
Thanks Bro and God continue to increase u in knowledge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by goingape1: 9:39am On Sep 09, 2017
MissCokie:
I have heard and seen so many men sponsoring a girl who is not his wife through education/career. I just want you to know something, when she's done with you, she will leave you for someone else.

The money you would use in sponsoring her, please give it to your mother or sister to start a business or rather, sponsor your sisters education/career.

You can share your experience for others to learn.
best advise for all ya who want to remain a mugu for life!

the last thing I will ever to on earth is to spend my hard earn money on a piece of shiit who ain't my wife yet.

I don't do such childish behavior anymore! undecided
I only give what you give me back. if you buy me a boxer on my birthday do sure to expect a pant on your birthday undecided

now is the time to treat those gorillas hash and put them to were there belong. just because there is a little hole between their legs doesn't mean that hole is a bank deposit were you waste all ya fundings.

bewise guys

#thewiseape

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by LordKO(m): 9:39am On Sep 09, 2017
ivolt:

You don't get it, how many friends do you have ?
Are they all at your level of financial capacity ?

There is a clear difference between helping a friend out in times of need
and taking up the role of a parent by sponsoring his/her education.

I am not against doing good to your fellow humans on a neutral ground
but when emotions are involved, one should steer clear usurping their
parental roles unless one do not care about the outcome, which is nothing
but a pretence to save face since nobody want to be a loser.

You amuse me! That my submission you quoted was clear and direct and anyone who's insightful would sure understand it without need to infer that "I don't get it" like you stated up there. Well, I'm informed enough to know that there's a tiny line between foolishness and kindness, so I never crossed the line. I have no reason to be self-centered.

By the way, the word friendship just like love is ambiguous, therefore, what constitutes friendship to me would sure be different from yours. When you realized that closeness doesn't necessarily equate to loyalty then, you'll begin to understand me better.

3 Likes

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by Eberex(m): 9:41am On Sep 09, 2017
If a guy decides to help his girl friend who in school, and he does it with good will knowing she needs it but not expecting anything in return, then he will receive the blessing that comes with it.

I did the same for my girl friend. She is now a graduate and says she is in love with me. I like her of course but I told her she shouldn't feel indebted to me for all I did for her. God may have sent me to be a helper for her because her folks wouldn't have done it alone.

If you can help, help. Do it for humanity and God will replenish you as He has been doing for me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by stpat1(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

if dating a goldigging broke aaass ungrateful desperate woman, YES, but if you have a proper woman on your hands then feel her spirit, and invest whatever you think she deserves.

Story

1 Like

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by Amadaz(m): 9:48am On Sep 09, 2017
You're right because the day she would leave you, you go even regret the money wey u take buy food for am.
Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 09, 2017
MissCokie:
I have heard and seen so many men sponsoring a girl who is not his wife through education/career. I just want you to know something, when she's done with you, she will leave you for someone else.

The money you would use in sponsoring her, please give it to your mother or sister to start a business or rather, sponsor your sisters education/career.

I don't do things so I would get paid back.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by abbeyty(m): 9:57am On Sep 09, 2017
MissCokie:

I wasn't trying to convince you, but only gave my advice.

We don't want to come here in future and read story like., A girl I invested my life saving on just dumped me for another man pls what should I do ? Nairalanders I need your help

1 Like

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by tfelicityk(m): 9:58am On Sep 09, 2017
Mrs Cokie - You are entitled to your opinion. I am in support of it. Though, if I am in such position. I will get married to her first and sponsored her Education. However one can sponsored anyone of his/her choice without any string attached. Our Creator used others to uplift others if He destined it to be.
Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by nairanaira12: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2017
OrestesDante:
Bottom line?

What's your point?

The point is very clear for anyone who has functioning brain

1 Like

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by kachi7021(m): 10:00am On Sep 09, 2017
True talk.... .Some ladies see it as a right to foot their bills when u date them that's so wrong... It's a privilege not a right.. .
Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by 9jasave: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2017
illuminated93:
No one knows me here,so I'm just gonna say somethings I consider personal. My gf has some financial issues,her parents are not forthcoming,I try to offer any assistance I'm capable of. I do this not because I'm trying to keep her,I help because it's the right thing to do. Stupidity is you running down yourself and future just so your gf can smile. It's stupid wanting to impress her,but acceptable wanting to help her. And the stuffs I will do for my gf,I will also extend such to my good male friends,it's not only limited to her. My gf has helped me too in this our world,so why shouldn't I help her when the chips are down.
but sponsoring is quite different from help, a woman will always tell you what did you do, no matter what you have done. since women look up to marry, a woman mind is subject to constant comparism within her immediate environment.

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by gabpaul: 10:05am On Sep 09, 2017
OfficialDad:

Bros, dem plenty wey dey do am.

Dem no get sense

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by DrHighchief(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2017
If there is no motive or attachment to what you are doing for her by sponsoring her education, d woman is 100 percent free to marry whosoever she likes except the man (sponsor) has hidden agenda that the girl will marry him.
#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by nairanaira12: 10:08am On Sep 09, 2017
OrestesDante:

No deduction could be made so far. You can help.

Then you are misplacing your priority, which should be to first have mental evaluation before coming to read the post

1 Like

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by godsonQS(m): 10:10am On Sep 09, 2017
I am not understanding u @all.
How is it a crime to do things out of charity. If u are capable of sponsoring her entire family what is d big deal.
Or are also saying if he is sleeping with her, he should stop and start sleeping with his own sister and mother.
Miss Cookie, its ur opinion dont use it to corrupt odas pls.
I have trained a girl, she end up breaking up wit me, till date she is not married but am already happily married with a son and am still training another girl, dont let people actions on u change d real you.
For the fact cars gets involved in accidents dont stop one from entering or travelling with cars.

4 Likes

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by menxer: 10:10am On Sep 09, 2017
MissCokie:

My advice is this, even in the presence of a mutual agreement or not, do not attempt to sponsor her. Your family would appreciate you more, if you invest that money in any of them.

Then what is the rationale for helping people, regardless of the motive?

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by seangy4konji: 10:13am On Sep 09, 2017
Enough people. Make I mention names?

Gifty of big brother Africa don see one again. Na mr 2 Kay first be ATM.
Pastor sulaimon of omega fir(god forgive me)na plenty actresses he don train go school. My brother(gbenga)na one small boy impregnate d girl.she deh call me ask for change now. Plenty.

Ps. I see a lot of Mayee who deep down know that they made a mistake at that time but moved on now trying to form big boy stance here. A Mugu is a mugu.hirl weh et family weh u deh train go school. U no see motherless babies go train.

U deh give am money to pay school fees,chicken and chips boy deh use am buy codeine fuckkss am.
Headlesschicken:
undecided Whom does dat kinda sh!t....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2017
vizkiz:

Tell them oo

1 Like

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2017
MissCokie:

Best Post on FP so far today smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by Kuzee23: 10:16am On Sep 09, 2017
Some foolish men still dey do am oh and many of them commit suicide at the end of the day.. while few who did benefit from the risk they took but surely some guy must knack his wife to be in school..while he is paying both students bills.. Yeye investment - i can't do it , will never do.. i still have sisters i can spend my money on.. my wife's parents must cover my wife's bills - i don't like lazy inlaws ..
Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 09, 2017
godsonQS:
I am not understanding u @all.
How is it a crime to do things out of charity. If u are capable of sponsoring her entire family what is d big deal.
Or are also saying if he is sleeping with her, he should start sleeping with his sister and mother.
Miss Cookie, its ur opinion dont use it to corrupt odas pls.
I have trained a girl, she end up breaking up wit me, today am married with a son and am still training another girl, for the fact cars gets involved in accidents dont stop one from entering or travelling with cars.
Are you for real ? undecided Keep sponsoring them all, God is your strength

1 Like

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by menxer: 10:19am On Sep 09, 2017
evy1:
Op not all ladies are ungrateful, for me I don't help cos I need payback..same way I will help my female friend or gf us the same way I will help my male friends out.

That's more like my stance on this, if the payback comes, great, if it doesn't come from the person I helped, it will come from someone else.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by peculiar32(f): 10:20am On Sep 09, 2017
zionmde:
somehow true
i had a friend that almost commited suicide because of that. As a tailor he trained this girl in school only for the girl to bring home a suitor in her final year. As fate may have it the guy is now a millionaire while the girl is still unmarried up till now.
But its not that bad if an established guy trains a girl in school, it will be hard for the girl to dump the guy knowing fully well that the guy is made

your friend don lay better curse on the girl
Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by ahmodu4real(m): 10:21am On Sep 09, 2017
happney65:
I have said it times without number..Do not spend any money you cannot afford to lose on a woman that isn't your wife..Most of the folks that do this are people who struggle to give that lady the little they earn..If you earn really big you can afford to do anyhow for a woman that will appreciate it..However even at that there must be a limit...

I have a policy..I cant spend more than I can afford to lose to a woman I am not married to..For goodness sake why should I?I just look at guys that pay school fees of girlfriends..feed them,pay rents,I mean basically footing hee bills..Why should I?Shey na me born you?Noooo..I will do the little I can if you are in need..not carrying all ur bills 100%..

I don't even date ladies like that who think a Man should be paying their bills for what..Bae is from a middle class family..Her parents pay her sch fees,pay her hostel fee..feed her,pocket money etc..Whatever I do for her is just added and it isn't what she asks I MUST DO.This is a girl I intend to marry and both families already know each other..so what the hell

I think guys who do this suffer from inferiority complex sha..
them no go understand, them go think say na poverty matter, in as much as emotion is involve never, my current girlfriend say the same thing. She want to further her education, i tell her tell her mother for me let her manage her NCE for now may be if we marry Open university is there for her, anything aside from that i cannot support her .
Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by futurism: 10:21am On Sep 09, 2017
vizkiz:

Many igbo men do that bro, especially in the 90s. I know one when I was less than 10. he was a family friend and trained this girl up to UNI... just as someone said above, she brought someone else as her husband. It is a risking venture.His name was Ndubisi... sad and everyone in our street back then knew about it. He sold spare parts at Ngbuka, Lawason.
Re: Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie by okenwaa(m): 10:22am On Sep 09, 2017
In some cases, it's better to pay a girls school fees and house rent and she dumps u lata than just dating the girl unto gf level...

She'll chop nkwobi on your head
Chop fish on your head
Daily drinking of Hollandia yogurts
The only alcohol she drinks is andré
She'll collect iphone5 and subsequently upgrade to 6,7 and will still be warming up for 8....all on your head ooo...
Shawarma becomes a must
Brazilian hair.....every 2weeks

Lemme catch my breath shaa...

Is it not better you stick to paying of sch fees grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

POSSIBLE Tips To Curbing Break-up Situations In Your Relationship. / My Fiance Cheated And Has A Child. What Do I Do? / Girlfriend slapped me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.