Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? (3235 Views)

Curvy Slay Queen In Romantic Mood With Old Granny Sugar Daddy, Spark Outrage / Oyinbo Man And His Nigerian Fiancée In Romantic Pre-Wedding Pictures / Man Rocks His Fiancee In Romantic Pre-wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Ladyjumong(f): 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2017
sunshineG:
hmmm
Are you saying you don't have what you are looking for in a guy?
like love care about what you are looking for in a person.

do u mean to tell me pple considers some conditions before falling in love with a person. now this is all new. i dont understand how this one works, how sure are u that ur in love with the person, or u are just there cus of those conditions ?
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Temmyladey074(f): 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2017
cheesy no..it doesnt exist. not in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ladyjumong:
like love care about what you are looking for in a person.

do u mean to tell me pple considers some conditions before falling in love with a person. now this is all new. i dont understand how this one works, how sure are u that ur in love with the person, or u are just there cus of those conditions ?
yes
I believe we all have a reason or reasons for doing something
Take for example, you have a reason for coming to nairaland
You have a reason for making comments on every thread you chose to make them
So I believe when it comes to your love life, you must have a reason for falling in love

Am I wrong?
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
Temmyladey074:
cheesy
no..it doesnt exist.
not in nigeria.
you are right cheesy
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Ladyjumong(f): 8:14pm On Sep 09, 2017
sunshineG:
yes
I believe we all have a reason or reasons for doing something
Take for example, you have a reason for coming to nairaland
You have a reason for making comments on every thread you chose to make them
So I believe when it comes to your love life, you must have a reason for falling in love

Am I wrong?
hmmn, having a condition/reason before falling in love ? well thats ur view.

i believe love happens unexpectedly. it got no reason. u can just fall in love with the person detest most, it happens. i believe love care about no conditions. my view.

we are two different pple, everyone is bound to belief whatever he or she wishes to. thats ur view nd mine differs. so no much big deal
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ladyjumong:
hmmn, having a condition/reason before falling in love ? well thats ur view.

i believe love happens unexpectedly. it got no reason. u can just fall in love with the person detest most, it happens. i believe love care about no conditions. my view.

we are two different pple, everyone is bound to belief whatever he or she wishes to. thats ur view nd mine differs. so no much big deal
if a person happens to fall in love with the person they detest the most, will that not mean the person lack standards?
Can you just fall in love with any random person?
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Emotionless100: 8:43pm On Sep 09, 2017
Angy55:

From ages past, only God and your biological parents can give such.

Even biological parents love its not unconditional love, they love u because they gave birth to u.
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Ladyjumong(f): 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2017
sunshineG:
if a person happens to fall in love with the person they detest the most, will that not mean the person lack standards?
Can you just fall in love with any random person?
God ! u dnt knw how all this stuff works, it just happens. u can never predict love. u can choose nt to believe that, buh em tellin u that i myself personally believe that love care about no condition. if it do then believe me or not it what u see in the person that u love nd nt him whether wealth,looks,whatever. nd thats my view, i cant force u to accept that. u ave urs
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ladyjumong:
God ! u dnt knw how all this stuff works, it just happens. u can never predict love. u can choose nt to believe that, buh em tellin u that i myself personally believe that love care about no condition. if it do then believe me or not it what u see in the person that u love nd nt him whether wealth,looks,whatever. nd thats my view, i cant force u to accept that. u ave urs
sis no fighting cheesy
I read the change in your tone
I am just asking simple questions
Anyways you haven't answered my question properly, but thanks for your time
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Tessy4life(f): 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2017
Unconditional love ko, unconditional love ni! Lets take for example, a guy is eyeing this lady n he does everything he can to get or win her heart, she will go about saying he loves her unconditionally, fast forward to months late he will be the one to make her cry n vice versa..can we say that one na unconditional love?
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Ladyjumong(f): 9:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
sunshineG:
sis no fighting cheesy
I read the change in your tone
I am just asking simple questions
Anyways you haven't answered my question properly, but thanks for your time
naa, like u ar insisting i go with ur view. had to make my stand. nd if answering ur question means changing my view. then em nt.

"love care about no condition"

1 Like

Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ladyjumong:
naa, like u ar insisting i go with ur view. had to make my stand. nd if answering ur question means changing my view. then em nt.

naa sis..I wasn't trying to change your view.. I was only trying to question it...to see if you can defend it.

Anyways, I respect your view
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ladyjumong:

love does care you have to have aspirations that tally with your partners, its at a young age that you believe that love overcomes all when you mature reality is very different
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Ladyjumong(f): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2017
sunshineG:
naa sis..I wasn't trying to change your view.. I was only trying to question it...to see if you can defend it.

Anyways, I respect your view
yea i tried buh ur so into ur belief that u wouldnt allow any other view sink in for moment

nd i respect urs likewise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Ladyjumong(f): 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
Piiko:
love does care you have to have aspirations that tally with your partners, its at a young age that you believe that love overcomes all when you mature reality is very different
hmmn, this might make sense tho, buh it not the same every other man's story
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ladyjumong:
hmmn, this might make sense tho, buh it not the same every other man's story
I am of a marriageable age and yet I am single to stupor so I should know beta, don't you think??
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Ladyjumong(f): 9:41pm On Sep 09, 2017
Piiko:
I am of a marriageable age and yet I am single to stupor so I should know beta, don't you think??
sure u should know beta. buh that doent speaks for every one else
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by LordKO(m): 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2017
No kind of love is literally unconditional anywhere, no matter how notionally unconditional it may sound or appear. At least there're three kinds of known love. Viz:

1. Agape love - here majority do give the love unconditionally in the short run, but just like respect, good behavior is necessary to maintain and sustain it in the long run. Mother's love and one's admiration for every human being fall into this category. Of course, we all know that you can't remain in your mother's good book of love if you decide to permanently become an evil towards her.

2. Fancy love - here you have the shallow erotic love, love at first sight and love based on beautiful persona (physical beauty). This kind of love may notionally appear unconditional by the giver, yet, it's never so since the bond that hold it is based on beauty and mostly sustained by material things like money and fame. Compatibility is never taken into consideration in this kind of love, thus, the reason why its chances of survival in the long run when beauty fades, fame wanes and money vanishes and reality sets in, is always hard. Majority of those involved in it always pack up or stay put together but as frenemies.

3. True love - here I am talking of the love that is still conditional, but it's always built on mutual compatibility (immaterial things) with less emphasis (but still necessary) on fancy and material things. The main bond that always hold the two people involved in this kind of love is mutual immaterial things - either one or all of good attributes, intellect, personality and belief system. This is the love on which any healthy relationship/marriage you see out there is built upon. This is the domain of selfless love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by IloveLastMumu: 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2017
Of a truth there is unconditional love. The love I have for LastMumu is unconditional embarassed
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by tosyne2much(m): 11:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
Unconditional love is the type of love a mother has for her own child. It does exist but it's very rare sha
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 10, 2017
IloveLastMumu:
Of a truth there is unconditional love. The love I have for LastMumu is unconditional embarassed
grin cheesy
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
tosyne2much:
Unconditional love is the type of love a mother has for her own child. It does exist but it's very rare sha
Nice one bro
so you are saying unconditional love does not exist btw lovers?
Re: Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? by tosyne2much(m): 9:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
sunshineG:

Nice one bro
so you are saying unconditional love does not exist btw lovers?
I never said so... Love between lovers is usually borne out of condition but that doesn't mean true love doesn't exist. It does but very rare

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Advice: Is My Stingy Boyfriend Using Or Testing Me? / Lady Walks Away From Her Abusive Marriage In Style (photos) / My Bf Said Am Boring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.