Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone (1657 Views)

How You Are Killing Your Smartphone Battery / Stop Using 4G Network, You Are Killing Yourself / Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
Some of us after purchasing a new phone or a good second hand phone end up dumping it in less than 2-3 months of usage due to one problem or the other, not knowing some of these problems that occur in the phone are mostly our own doing. Here are lists of some things we are doing that are killing our phone and how we can prevent them or stop these acts.
Acts that are harmful to your mobile device:
(1) Using the phone while its charging: this is number one on the list and many people are guilty of this, especially in our country Nigeria where power supply is not stable, using your phone while its charging reduces battery life because your phone no matter the make is meant to run on battery supply only, your power cord is only meant for charging it and keeping the phone up and running in case of emergency
(2) Charging your phone with power bank: this is also another common act that reduces the lifespan of your phone and the battery life especially, there are thousands if not millions of fake power banks sold into our country Nigeria under brand names such as BMW,TECNO, SAMSUNG and the rest, these power banks are just sell offs to make gains and are not even products of the brands written on them and as such are not held accountable for damages on your phone, if you are buying power banks don’t buy from cheap sellers you find in parks and along the road , buy from popular and cerified phone shops such as 3c hub and the rest, remember maintaining your phone is better than replacing it due to mistakes that cost less
(3) Installing too many apps on your phone: also again many people are guilty of this, even the computer literates end up making such mistakes, having too many apps on your phone especially idle apps are seriously dangerous, some of these apps consume data and battery when running in background even when your phone is on battery saver, most of these idle apps are responsible for installing viruses or ad-wares and keyloggers on your phone after a long time of staying idle , but fortunately there is a solution to this, you can download app freeze on your phone from playstore and freeze apps you don’t make use of frequently, that way it will look like the app is temporarily disabled from running as an application on your phone until you need it again you can choose to unfreeze the app and use, most tecno phone users running on android 5.1 and up have access to this feature
(4) Rooting and jail-breaking your phone: yes and yes many people will argue that its harmless, the truth is when you root your phone you have removed the company’s protection to your phone user files that make up the operating system of the phone and this in turn lets some apps that you’ve installed exploit that access and modify those files which is really dangerous, they can tamper with the operating system of the phone and retrieve sensitive information from it, even after you unroot your phone the access is still there but hidden, don’t under any circumstance root your phone except if you don’t value the phone. Many people have suffered phone crashes because of this, but if rooting your phone is more important then make sure you back up your phone’s boot img and other crucial operating system files in case of crashes.
That is all on my list, feel free to add more to the list, share and help move to front page, thank you

1 Like

Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by GloriaNinja(f): 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
undecided THE ULTIMATE PHONE KILLER IS WATER.
Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
GloriaNinja:
lol like so
Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by austinereds(m): 8:46pm On Sep 10, 2017
you try op. that just the bitter truth but I hope our ojukokoro will not help us spoil our devices.

1 Like

Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by mordsith: 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2017

Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by Abiodunspectre(m): 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2017
Guilty
My tecno spark suffer for my hand while charging.

1 Like

Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by MizMyColi(f): 10:12pm On Sep 10, 2017
Abiodunspectre:
Guilty

How so?
The one you just got?
Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by Abiodunspectre(m): 10:14pm On Sep 10, 2017
MizMyColi:

How so?
The one you just got?

Because I can't just keep my fingers off it...
Enjoying it to the fullest
Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by MizMyColi(f): 10:43pm On Sep 10, 2017
Abiodunspectre:

Because I can't just keep my fingers off it...
Enjoying it to the fullest

Wish I can get to experience it.
Does it support OTG?
Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
is it ur phone, one can no use him phone the way him like peacefully again embarassed embarassed
Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by henrixx(m): 5:27am On Sep 11, 2017
Abiodunspectre:
Guilty
lol ...tummorro if e spoil you go come here begin dey shout tecno tecno fake ....i will never use tecno in my life again

2 Likes

Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:55am On Sep 11, 2017
MizMyColi:

Wish I can get to experience it.
Does it support OTG?

No
Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by Riyikebaby(f): 8:43am On Sep 11, 2017
GloriaNinja:

Lool
Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by Riyikebaby(f): 8:45am On Sep 11, 2017
We know this things,but our naija nature won't let us avoid it .like I know using tour phone when charging is wrong but I do it every time angry
Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by MizMyColi(f): 9:00am On Sep 11, 2017
Abiodunspectre:

No

Ohh.
Thanks for the headsup
Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by ewizard1: 9:28am On Sep 11, 2017
For me, ALL IS WRONG!!! Maybe those having inferior devices would jump on the advices.

1. Using the device while it's charging
My device is my office, I am either replying a client on WhatsApp, ig, Facebook etc, and I shouldn't reply to enquiries cos I am charging?

Hell NAY!!!

2. Charging with power bank
Firstly, I am having 2 powerbanks, both at 25,000mah. My battery is down and I have quotations to send and you know awa NEPA pipu how they use to do! I shouldn't charge with power bank?

Hell NAY!!!

3. Installing to many apps on my device
Okay, I am not a regular phone user who got a several thousand naira worth of device to Chat, Take Picture, Listen to music. I make those devices work for me. (Currency Converter, All measurements converter, Document Scan, PDF Creator & Reader, Image Resizer, Barcode Creator & Reader, etc)
I know most people would go "What do I need all these for?", but like I said earlier, I ain't a regular phone user, there's a reason it's termed "SMARTPHONE" So I should use internet or PC for some task my phone would do with ease?

Hell NAY!!!

4. Rooting and Jailbreaking
For these, I don't have anything to say other than... "It's a SIN not to have my phone ROOTED"

#GraveSIN

Thanks
Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by austinereds(m): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2017
ewizard1:
For me, ALL IS WRONG!!! Maybe those having inferior devices would jump on the advices.

1. Using the device while it's charging
My device is my office, I am either replying a client on WhatsApp, ig, Facebook etc, and I shouldn't reply to enquiries cos I am charging?

Hell NAY!!!

2. Charging with power bank
Firstly, I am having 2 powerbanks, both at 25,000mah. My battery is down and I have quotations to send and you know awa NEPA pipu how they use to do! I shouldn't charge with power bank?

Hell NAY!!!

3. Installing to many apps on my device
Okay, I am not a regular phone user who got a several thousand naira worth of device to Chat, Take Picture, Listen to music. I make those devices work for me. (Currency Converter, All measurements converter, Document Scan, PDF Creator & Reader, Image Resizer, Barcode Creator & Reader, etc)
I know most people would go "What do I need all these for?", but like I said earlier, I ain't a regular phone user, there's a reason it's termed "SMARTPHONE" So I should use internet or PC for some task my phone would do with ease?

Hell NAY!!!

4. Rooting and Jailbreaking
For these, I don't have anything to say other than... "It's a SIN not to have my phone ROOTED"

#GraveSIN

Thanks

crazy crazy you. opposite
Re: Things You Are Doing That Are Killing Your Phone by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 12, 2017
austinereds:

crazy crazy you. opposite
lol don't worry, it's like his phone hasn't spoilt in such a way that he will start thinking of his life,.. Especially that rooting own

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Iphone 6 Anybody Wanna Sell / How To Fix Can’t Connect To Camera On Android Phones / Help!!!! My Infinix Hot 6x Hangs A Lot Even After Flashing It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.