Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Is Religion Nigeria's Major Problem? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Religion Nigeria's Major Problem? (546 Views)

Why Is Religion So Bent On Suffering And Persecution / How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? / Is Religion The Problem Of The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Religion Nigeria's Major Problem? by murdy: 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2017
RELIGION, NIGERIA’S SOOTHING CANCER - Peculyachi (Motivational speaker/activist)

“Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray for Nigeria, Pray for her leaders” this is now an inevitable chant in every prayer session held in almost all Religious centers. While the worshippers shake their heads vigorously, stomp their feet with all of newton’s force, the leaders happily loot with all power and might.
Prayers have always been offered on behalf of Nigeria to the Gods of several religions present in Nigeria (both seen and unseen) since the amalgamation and yet it never gets better.
Have you ever wondered how we moved from $1=N1 to 1$=N390, it seems like a dollar is added to the exchange rate for every batch of prayers offered. Surely these very high authorities have a way of answering prayers, I wonder if they are engrossed in a raving dispute on how to get it down, and absolutely forgot Nigerians are patiently waiting, or perhaps our fate is in our hands, don’t you think?
The ball has always been in our court, but we have been scared to play for the fear of bruises, we have instead held the ball and fervently prayed for it to move, and meander its way through our opponents into the opposing court. As humans, Mother Nature gifted us something she gave to no other being. I.e.: A heart with emotions and Brain with a high Function. We feel the pain of the atrocities been committed every single day by our leaders, but however run to religion for relief, but what we have failed to recognize is that the relief has become the cancer and is gradually eating deep in to the system. The prayers actually provide a pseudo-soothing relief for the pain (Faith), but the atrocities still remain and in-fact increases by the day.
Religion has influenced the collective mindset of people, to the point where every occurrence (both negative and positive) in Nigeria is termed “the will of God”. Religion has also turned Nigerians against themselves, preoccupied each with the duty of defending political leaders with same religious preference blinding them to the atrocities of these same, blinded to the fact that the circle of leadership has been the same since amalgamation, while we fight, they happily loot again, in the same vain, electoral processes have always been influenced by religious leaders giving rise to the election of religion’s choice in the stead of the citizen’s choice. Religious books are used for swearing in during inauguration of political leaders, well these have proven to be in-effective.
I do not in any way ask that we drop our religion, it is not in my power to do that, I only urge us to break the bounds it has created and Until we accept that our fate is in our hands and push instead of praying, Nigeria might never get the real soothing relief it desperately needs.

Please what's your take guys? Feel free to publish on your blogs.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Religion Nigeria's Major Problem? by Hashimyussufamao(m): 5:40pm On Sep 12, 2017
Not Religion, But some of those practising it.

1 Like

Re: Is Religion Nigeria's Major Problem? by Hashimyussufamao(m): 5:41pm On Sep 12, 2017
lemme b0ok a space here incase pesin tok shi!!
Re: Is Religion Nigeria's Major Problem? by nic2wao: 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2017
Religion and ethnicity

The elite sees it as a great tool to control the masses

"Religion is the opium of the masses"

========================
That pic is distracting my views here
========================

1 Like

Re: Is Religion Nigeria's Major Problem? by Niflheim(m): 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2017
@op,

1.When a plane crashed some years ago, these were the words of the aviation minister, "IT IS THE WILL OF GOD!!!"

2.When some people wanted to vote for their candidate in an election, these are the words of a Bishop, "I SHALL OPEN THE GATES OF HELL ON ANYONE WHO DOES NOT VOTE FOR THE UMBRELLA CORPORATION!!!"

3.When a corrupt man kneels down before a Daddy GO, this is what daddy GO says, "YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE, LIKE NEO IN THE MATRIX!!!"

4.when a pastor receives stolen money, he says,"MA BUYBULL TELLS ME THAT I WILL INHERIT THE WEALTH OF SATAN'S YOUNGER SISTER!!!"
Re: Is Religion Nigeria's Major Problem? by hopefulLandlord: 7:30pm On Sep 12, 2017
interesting

1 Like

Re: Is Religion Nigeria's Major Problem? by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:38pm On Sep 12, 2017
I have always maintained that prayers/religion have never helped any country grow all through human history.

I wonder where our prayer-seeking Nigerians got the idea that God will intervene in Nigeria's case. It is so far the most heart-aching request from politicians and religious people. Infact, I get infuriated when I hear such requests...

Can anyone tell me which country prayers helped?

People get the government they deserve. Parents manage to make their wards believe this crap by engaging in such futile activity, when progressive nations fought hard to give their future generations the best... Ours are cowardly waiting on some foreign God to change our fate down here... Annoying shii

2 Likes

Re: Is Religion Nigeria's Major Problem? by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2017
^
Re: Is Religion Nigeria's Major Problem? by rexben(m): 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2017
Religion is the world's major problem. Religion was instituted by man and run by man and we know that man is corrupt. Hiding under religion to exploit masses. Religion is a shit.

Come to Jesus. Shun Religion

3 Likes

Re: Is Religion Nigeria's Major Problem? by Hier(m): 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2017
define religion
Re: Is Religion Nigeria's Major Problem? by jonbellion(m): 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
I won't say religion is the major problem but it definitely is a problem especially with the way it is been run in Nigeria
Here dipshit religitards want to enforce their prehistoric bullshit on everybody including the sane people and they want you to join then to suck the dickk of their imaginary Jew lord even if you're not into that kind of stuff
angry
Re: Is Religion Nigeria's Major Problem? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
This is not really the right question to ask.

It is akin to asking "Do guns kill people"?

Well, I think we all know the answer to that question.

The most straightforward (and simple) answer:

No. Religion is neutral and is not bad in and of itself.

People (and their wicked proclivities) are their own worst enemies.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

On Attacking Christianity / Second Term Bid: Buhari Should Respect Himself And Retire - Cardinal Okogie / You Have Heard Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.